This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

On 12/21/2023 at 11:14 PM, NewEra said:

It’s alienating which part of the fan base?  The part that refuses to pay $6?  The part that refuses to acknowledge and accept change?

your reasoning behind feeling this way is ridiculous.  It’s business.  Make more money.  They are.  Success.  Whether you like it or not. Sorry

I remember when "our favorite past time" was locally blacked out for a damn playoff game and people are complaining about 6 bucks lol.

• Agree 1

On 12/22/2023 at 1:03 AM, chongli said:

The most I have ever found was a $20 bill on the sidewalk as a child. [Also, a good place to look is under benches on a decline bench or 45-degree leg press at a gym.]

I had a babysitter that took me on a walk one day and I found a wallet.  She got a hold of the guy it belonged to.  I don't know how much was in the wallet, if anything, but the dude gave me $100 when he came and picked it up.  I think I was like 8 so that would have been about 42 years ago.  That was a lot of money back then.

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Nuch, thank you my friend. I apologize for being thick, but it is still a little unclear whether living in Buffalo I can just watch it on peacock.  It seems like it may be blacked out, like the Sunday ticket does, or used to do.  I really don’t want to watch it off the antenna and would prefer peacock.  

I’m looking for them to be definitive.  Along the lines of “we know there is BS going on between satellite providers and the networks.  No matter where you are, you can watch on peacock.”

I’ll be set, either way. Just looking for early piece of mind from them. 

Just for general information purposes,  that was New Era’s mom.  I know it is just the way the quoting works on the board that it looks like I said it.

Just because I’ve written on here previously about the fact my mom passed away more than 20 years ago.

I don’t want to be accused of lying about the late best woman in the world. 😉

Go Bills!

You should be able to watch it on Peacock regardless of where you are.

18 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Exactly. The game IS on NBC. I feel like the media duped fans into thinking you needed Peacock. What a crock! It’s on tv like any other game. 

Locally.  I don't think it is if not local.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You should be able to watch it on Peacock regardless of where you are.

Locally.  I don't think it is if not local.

Exactly but the narrative shoved down our throats was that this was the 1st game exclusively on Peacock for everyone. I know several people that panicked and signed up for peacock. 

My beef would be just be more straightforward and say if you’re in Buffalo or LA it’s on local tv. I live in Jamestown and we are in the old blackout area so we get the game. Just seemed like messy advertising. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Exactly but the narrative shoved down our throats was that this was the 1st game exclusively on Peacock for everyone. I know several people that panicked and signed up for peacock. 

My beef would be just be more straightforward and say if you’re in Buffalo or LA it’s on local tv. I live in Jamestown and we are in the old blackout area so we get the game. Just seemed like messy advertising. 

Ah yeah, I guess that makes sense.  I never thought about it because my wife got Peacock long ago when they had some deal 20 bucks for the year.  There is a program she likes on it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Ita not a matter of tech savviness or the money, but your right, sort of.  On the one hand you aren't crying about the inconvenience of having to get Peacock for 1 game on a message board, but on the other hand you have a dozen posts where you are crying about people who are annoyed by said inconvenience. I feel like there is a word for this.  

Regardless,  we don't seem to have much to say on the topic, so have yourself a merry little Christmas and go Bills (on the Sunday Ticket or Cable or Prime)!

Terry as a part owner of the league either chose it or got out voted, no?

He is 1/32nd of the decision. Why would ANY owner vote against, what amounted to another, $3.5M per team? It is a $110m to carry a regular season and playoff game on Peacock. So he had a vote but didn’t pick playing on this game. 

4 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

Exactly. The game IS on NBC. I feel like the media duped fans into thinking you needed Peacock. What a crock! It’s on tv like any other game. 

It is on NBC for local markets that carry channel 2.  Out of area markets only option is Peacock.

Edited by longtimebillsfan

4 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

For future reference, all games for the team in your primary market are always available on free TV. So all the Bills games in Buffalo area were or will be broadcast free, over-the-air this year, including the games on ESPN, NFL Network, Amazon, and Peacock.

17 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

It is on NBC for local markets that carry channel 2.  Out of area markets only option is Peacock.

Or KNBC 4 in Los Angeles or on your mobile device on NFL+ (with a paid subscription). (Or abroad, where Peacock doesn't have the rights.) And we won't talk about the other, nefarious means.

Edited by chongli

31 minutes ago, chongli said:

For future reference, all games for the team in your primary market are always available on free TV. So all the Bills games in Buffalo area were or will be broadcast free, over-the-air this year, including the games on ESPN, NFL Network, Amazon, and Peacock.

Or KNBC 4 in Los Angeles or on your mobile device on NFL+ (with a paid subscription). (Or abroad, where Peacock doesn't have the rights.) And we won't talk about the other, nefarious means.

Nefarious is always interesting

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Cost for peacock for one month is $5.99 and at least one wild card game will be on it also. Cost of a drink at a bar to watch the game is more. 

Yeah, I can't figure out people with that mindset. "I refuse to pay $5.99 for one month so I can watch the game so I'm gonna go spend $50 at the bar and watch it. F*cking NFL"

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 2

On 12/21/2023 at 2:45 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

If it is to watch a BILLS game, there isn’t a number. I spend a lot on the Bills and never once regret it. If you count travel/tickets/parking/tailgate/concessions/merch/streaming services it is $10k-$20k a year (high side this year with the London trip). My investment will likely increase with the new stadium. There are people here that are significantly more than that. I chose to allocate whatever discretionary income is needed for the Bills. I’d make sacrifices elsewhere if push came to shove. 

If it were to watch Chargers - Packers, it would be $0 I guess. I don’t value Chargers - Packers enough to buy a new service that I would never watch otherwise. If it were Dolphins - Chiefs, I would buy the $6 service. Would I spend $50 to watch Dolphins - Chiefs on PPV? I probably would, depending on what else I had going on. I’ve spent money to attend other NFL games with teams that I have no interest in but it was “entertainment.” The number that I’d be willing to spend there is significantly less than if the Bills were involved. 

I don’t have “principle” when it comes to when/where I watch games. If I want to watch it, I’ll spend the money to do so.

They are running a business. I’m not trying to “teach them a lessson” about when “enough is enough.” If the demand is not there, these services will stop forking over the money for the rights. It’s basic economics. If people want to teach the NFL a lesson, and boycott these games, they have the right to. I can’t fathom Bills fans, drawing a line in the sand over $6. If a Cardinals fan wanted to draw a line in the sand, I’d understand more. If the demand isn’t there the “problem” will take care of itself.

If it isn’t the money I don’t see the issue. The 30 seconds to download a new streaming service just isn’t a big barrier. You can cancel it and delete it after the game. That’s another 30 seconds that you’d be committing. 

By the way- 30 seconds to download the app, to subscribe another min to download on tv, then then using the wr code to link the subscription… it was more like 7 minutes, and 6 dollars. Middle finger to nfl.

Maybe the next time the bills suck for two decades I will stop watching 

On 12/19/2023 at 7:43 AM, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

It's the NFL as always making the money grab, they made the deal with Peacock. The one and only thing they care about the fans is how deep their pockets are.

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

By the way- 30 seconds to download the app, to subscribe another min to download on tv, then then using the wr code to link the subscription… it was more like 7 minutes, and 6 dollars. Middle finger to nfl.

No you won't :)

• Haha (+1) 1

Don’t worry about it, it was worth missing… 😁👍🍸🚬 yet we still won,  😂

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

How long does it take to drive to a bar and back…I will guess not under 7 minutes. 

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So sorry that you wasted 7 minutes and $6. The horror!! 

Look at the glass half full. Now you’ll move to “Over 30 Years of Fanhood.” You don’t need to reset the clock.

You missed a great game.

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Look at the glass half full. Now you’ll move to “Over 30 Years of Fanhood.” You don’t need to reset the clock.

Not to mention he's set if the Bills end up with the Peacock Exclusive Wild Card game because, of course....

• Agree 1

So I ponied up the whopping $5.99 for Peacock. 

Then last night, we went to our friends’ house for a couple drinks and to play some pool. 

Figured we’d watch the first quarter … maybe the first half, then head back home (about 3 minutes away). 

Ended up staying there for the entire game. 

Guess I’ll just keep it for the playoff game. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

like other things I stopped counting at 29 a while ago

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I waited all night for my phone to ring. I was at SoFi just dying to do an awesome play by play call…..and….nothing! So I’m going to guess you’all got it to work. 👍

You forgot to post you number  😳 

• Haha (+1) 1

Streaming is what it is, and been posted elsewhere but the whole BS commercial free fourth quarter was annoying.  I guess me being gullible to believe the NFL and NBC would try to make the game quicker or give back to people signing up.  I hear Collinsworth and Jason Garrett enough I don't need to hear more.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.