Dallas @ Buffalo Postgame Thread

HappyDays

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I don't think the Bills chances of getting in as a WC are good. The tiebreakers are against them with too many AFC losses. Division is very much in play. Bills need to go 2-0 leading up to the Dolphins game. Nothing guaranteed but they should beat the Chargers and Pats. I think there is a very good chance Miami drops one to either the Cowboys or Ravens. Dallas is pissed off. The last time they got blown out (49ers) they won 5 straight after that game. The Ravens in Baltimore will be a tough game for Miami with the Ravens looking to clinch the #1 seed as well as win the division.

The Dolphins haven't beaten a team with a winning record all season. Beating the Cowboys or Ravens is a tall task.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gman10 said:

The Dolphins haven't beaten a team with a winning record all season. Beating the Cowboys or Ravens is a tall task.

That is why I think the division is very much in play. The Bills just need to handle their business against the Chargers and Pats. I wouldn't be surprised if the league flexes the Bills - Dolphins to SNF. Division will most likely be on the line in this game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

There are some interesting threads over at Cowboyszone.com, with perhaps one of the most interesting ones titled: "I believed in you Dak, and you let me and my son down"

My favorite thing is that there seems to be a consensus there that the league has it out for the Cowboys and has the refs fix games to keep them down. As if a Chiefs-Cowboys Superbowl isn't the league's wet dream.

2 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

technically the Broncos went on a bit of a run, but the point stands.

The Dolphins have had a tissue paper soft schedule so far and got smacked every time they played a legit division contender. I highly doubt that they win out.

1 minute ago, Gman10 said:

Who in the wild card has tough games? Texans have Browns, Steelers and Colts..is that our key in ?

it's chaos coming up

Week 16

Bengals vs Steelers

Browns vs Texans

Week 17

Jets vs Browns

Texans vs Titans

Bengals vs Chiefs

Week 18

Texans vs Colts

Steelers vs Ravens

Browns vs Bengals

The Colts get a pretty easy path, but pretty much everyone ahead of us in the playoff race plays each other. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you told me pregame that Josh will throw for under 80 yards and we would win I don’t think it would be believable. Defense and the run game destroyed the Cowboys…

Credit to the whole coaching staff. Especially McD, Brady and Kromer. 

Statement win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I said it elsewhere, but it's wild to me to think that we might have a younger and cheaper version of CMC on the roster.

Giving Brady a full offseason to scheme and install, I think we can run something like what the Niners are doing under Shanahan.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I said it elsewhere, but it's wild to me to think that we might have a younger and cheaper version of CMC on the roster.

Giving Brady a full offseason to scheme and install, I think we can run something like what the Niners are doing under Shanahan.  

I don’t think they need a full season to install, the offense hasn’t looked that much different from formations and play design to what Dorsey was running… it’s just a matter of implementation. 

Brady is calling a whole game and setting up pieces throughout it. Like Chess, a lot of calls are trap moves to force a defense into something else. Very methodical the past few games. 

Some say the Alvin Kamara reference and I’m inclined to go with that more than CMC. McCaffery is an absolute beast who, I think as of right now, is in a tier of his own that is followed closely by the likes of Cook, Etienne, Mostert and Pollard. 

27 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

They actually haven’t beaten a team with a winning record since they beat us in the heat stroke game last year. That was like, week 2 or 3. 

Give Tyrel Dodson his flowers.

63 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1 FF, 2 PBUs, 7.5 TFL.

He’s a fine #3 LBer. 

30 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Who in the wild card has tough games? Texans have Browns, Steelers and Colts..is that our key in ?

Our key in is just win.  WC or division that remains true.  There is only like 1 specific scenario the Bills wouldn't make it if they win out.  Lose a game and then we are praying on other teams.

8 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

They actually haven’t beaten a team with a winning record since they beat us in the heat stroke game last year. That was like, week 2 or 3. 

Is this really true? Quite mind boggling that a team can build themselves a good season record beating teams with losing records.

It is unlikely to change this weekend. I think the Cowboys will dominate the lines and beat them after hearing most of the nation laughing at them for 6 days. 

40 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Yeah, I am not sure what to make of the Dolphins.  Looking forward to see if the Fraud Bowl tells us anything this weekend...and maybe puts Bills in control of their path to the playoffs.  Just not sure if I can count on the Cowboys stopping Mostert and Achane.

15 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Is this really true? Quite mind boggling that a team can build themselves a good season record beating teams with losing records.

It is unlikely to change this weekend. I think the Cowboys will dominate the lines and beat them after hearing most of the nation laughing at them for 6 days. 

Yes it is true.

• Like (+1) 7

pretty funny I was watching and listening to cowboys coverage and they have this egomaniac blowhard named Patrik Walker that works for the cowboys.  He claims Josh Allen is not even a top 15 quarterback.

Pretty funny stuff, his take on the game was the officials gave buffalo the game and he posted josh allen's stats on his twitter feed.  

Cowboys fans and media are all the same.

12 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

pretty funny I was watching and listening to cowboys coverage and they have this egomaniac blowhard named Patrik Walker that works for the cowboys.  He claims Josh Allen is not even a top 15 quarterback.

Pretty funny stuff, his take on the game was the officials gave buffalo the game and he posted josh allen's stats on his twitter feed.  

Cowboys fans and media are all the same.

Cowboys fans think that every player who puts on the uniform instantly becomes a star. Bills fans think that every player who puts on the uniform instantly becomes a bum. 

• Like (+1) 2

There are A LOT of Cowboys fans on my job. All of them last week were going out of their way to stop in my office and let me know the Cowboys were going to whoop up on the Bills. Trying to get me to bet $$$, which is not something I do anyway. All in all, they were quite an arrogant bunch. Haven't been able to find the first one today......anywhere. :lol:

Then, yesterday, I visited a new church for the first time. Me being me, I'm wearing a Bills hoodie yesterday morning. One of the things the Pastor incorporated into his message yesterday was about how his trip to go see the Cowboys play Philly had to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Then, at the end of the service, the Pastor asks for any first time visitors to please stand up. He sees me and says, "hold on one second....," and goes for his glasses on the podium. I began moving my hands across the image and writing on the hoodie, with a big grin on my face, like I was modeling it for QVC or something. He also had mentioned something about loving people, despite our differences, during his message too. He proceeded to say something about the Cowboys and I said, "It's alright Pastor, I love you anyway." He said to the rest of the congregation, "He ain't even a member here, and look, he's already causing trouble. That's ok, the Cowboys are gonna give y'all what you deserve today." We all had a good laugh. Yeah, he probably doesn't want to see me next Sunday. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 10

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Best thing about Joe Brady yesterday was he didn’t try to get cute. Just stuck with what was working. I’ve seen previous OC’s, including Daboll go back to to pass pass pass when the run is working. It’s tempting when you have Allen and Diggs.

All week long, I was hearing Dallas defense doesn't defend motion well.  Yesterday, I think we were in motion 95% of the time.

He understood his opponent.

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

There is no way they would move the January 7 Miami game to a Saturday is there? The only thing to be determined is if they possibly move it to Sunday night?

The game is definitely eligible to be flexed to Saturday. The Bills have played a couple of these Saturday games in the past and I wouldn’t be shocked to see it in the prime time Sat slot. Where it ends up likely will depend on the playoff implications. 

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Shaw, Thanks for your post

You said "That was a special performance" not "that was a special running performance".  I get it that you feel that was implied by the previous series of posts, but this isn't software which makes it easy to break out and read sub-threads.

In another post, @K-9 helpfully pointed out that running backs of that era weren't often used as receivers, which would be why I didn't remember him as such.

Peace out

Ah, I see what happened.  You're correct.  There was a sub-thread running based on a OldManFan's comment that it was a running performance like we haven't seen since OJ.  At least one person, maybe a couple, responded saying OJ wasn't a great receiver, which really had nothing to do with what OldMan was saying.  I responded to OldMan because as I thought through my memories of Bills running back, I had to agree that him.  The ball carrying ability that Cook showed sparkled in a way that was unlike any back in Bills history other than OJ.   

Then you chimed in and mentioned receiving, again, and I was, like, "how difficult is it to stay on point?"   But, of course, you're right, people were saying all sorts of things last night, and keeping a particular conversation focused in that environment isn't easy.  

Great win!

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

Here it is for the FOURTH time in this thread, for those of you that may have missed it the first three times it was posted! 🙄🤪 LOL

I am vaguely familiar with who this Smith person is, but have never, ever watched him on TV because I'm normally working, or if off, out doing something. 😉 Plus, as a general rule, I rarely watch gas bag "talking heads" who don't improve my life or educate me in any, way, shape, or form; life is just too short.

Edited by Bob Jones
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Best thing about Joe Brady yesterday was he didn’t try to get cute. Just stuck with what was working. I’ve seen previous OC’s, including Daboll go back to to pass pass pass when the run is working. It’s tempting when you have Allen and Diggs.

And the most amazing thing about the Cowboys was that THEY stuck with what THEY were doing.  Never seemed to adjust.  How many plays did the Bills break the back free off tackle and around the end?   Over and over no one was there to stop the wide run.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The game is definitely eligible to be flexed to Saturday. The Bills have played a couple of these Saturday games in the past and I wouldn’t be shocked to see it in the prime time Sat slot. Where it ends up likely will depend on the playoff implications. 

Well I’m flying back from Mexico on the 6th so if they move it, I’ll have to take a detour to Miami from Cancun. I wonder when they announce that…

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

Well I’m flying back from Mexico on the 6th so if they move it, I’ll have to take a detour to Miami from Cancun. I wonder when they announce that…

I know it has to be a certain amount of days before the game , not sure how many. Someone will chime in I’m sure. Detour would probably be worth it if necessary! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This narrative is killing me…like yes technically you are correct that we can win out and not make it but it is a 1 in thousands chance.  Any one of the below happening gets us in at 11 wins:

any jags loss

Any bengals loss

and colts loss

any Baltimore win 

Miami losing to one of Dallas/baltimore

Cleveland losing to Houston or nyj

We’d need like 10 games to all go perfectly against us to not get in

if cincy loses to pit Saturday we instantly control our own destiny before our game is even played 

Miami is likely making it even if they lose out

KC and Baltimore are going to win their divisions and 5 more playoff spots, 2 division winners and 3 wild cards 

If Miami beats Dallas and Baltimore and loses to Buffalo they have 12 wins, unlikely they win 2 of last 3.

Cleveland has Houston, NYJ and Cincy, 2 wins and a loss to Cincy gives them 11 wins and 8 conference wins

Cincy has Pitt, KC and Cleveland, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and head to head vs Buffalo

Jax has Tampa, Carolina and Tenessee, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and head to head vs Buffalo

Indy has Atlanta, Las Vegas and Houston, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and 9 conference wins

Houston has Cleveland, Tennessee and Indy, I see 2 losses there so they are out

Buffalo wins out with 11 wins and 7 conference wins and is out in this scenerio

If any of Indy, Jax or Cincy lose 1 and Cleveland and Miami need to lose 2 then Buffalo jumps them if Buffalo wins out. 

I can see Jax and Indy winning 3 each and Cleveland winning 2, that leaves Buffalo needing Cincy to lose 1 and Miami to lose 2, I can see that happening.

Buffalo vs Miami could be for the division winner is in and loser is out.

I'm sure there are more scenarios out there don't have time to research all of them. 

Bottom line is Buffalo needs to win out and they still might not make it

Edited by LarryMadman
  • Like (+1) 1

Christian Benford said it best when asked what he thought it meant for the Bills to be playing their best at this time of the year...he was quiet and thought about it for a minute and then said "It means we them dawgs that can win it all."

Don't think anyone is disagreeing after the performance yesterday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

By the way, as i mentioned in the pregame thread, the refs have put their whistles away on Buffalo.  The NFL wants Buffalo in these playoffs.  The league is an entertainment show, they want the best players and teams in it.  Sure, they will have to call obvious procedural stuff, but they aren't flagging the dumb nitpicky judgement calls the past couple weeks and I expect that positive trend to continue through the end of the season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, LarryMadman said:

KC and Baltimore are going to win their divisions and 5 more playoff spots, 2 division winners and 3 wild cards 

If Miami beats Dallas and Baltimore and loses to Buffalo they have 12 wins, unlikely they win 2 of last 3.

Cleveland has Houston, NYJ and Cincy, 2 wins and a loss to Cincy gives them 11 wins and 8 conference wins

Cincy has Pitt, KC and Cleveland, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and head to head vs Buffalo

Jax has Tampa, Carolina and Tenessee, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and head to head vs Buffalo

Indy has Atlanta, Las Vegas and Houston, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and 9 conference wins

Houston has Cleveland, Tennessee and Indy, I see 2 losses there so they are out

Buffalo wins out with 11 wins and 7 conference wins and is out in this scenerio

If any of Indy, Jax or Cincy lose 1 and Cleveland and Miami need to lose 2 then Buffalo jumps them if Buffalo wins out. 

I can see Jax and Indy winning 3 each and Cleveland winning 2, that leaves Buffalo needing Cincy to lose 1 and Miami to lose 2, I can see that happening.

Buffalo vs Miami could be for the division winner is in and loser is out.

I'm sure there are more scenarios out there don't have time to research all of them. 

Bottom line is Buffalo needs to win out and they still might not make it

What have the Fins done this year against good teams or really over the past 2 decades in December that makes you think they are going to win ANY of those games, let alone 2 of 3?

12 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

And the most amazing thing about the Cowboys was that THEY stuck with what THEY were doing.  Never seemed to adjust.  How many plays did the Bills break the back free off tackle and around the end?   Over and over no one was there to stop the wide run.  

I said is elsewhere, I was amazed that is kept working. The Bills kept running the same run concept to the left and it kept working to a clip of 5.7 yards per attempt. We would have been outside the stadium with buckets of pitch and feathers for McDermott if such a thing were to happen. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I never watch FS1 "Undisputed" with Skip Bayliss. I didn't realize they were the Dallas Cowboys post game show.

Skip Bayless is a huge Cowboys homer. That said, as of last night he actually said "I was wrong, the Cowboys got outplayed"

vs Nick Wrong, I actually find Bayless less annoying

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Here it is for the FOURTH time in this thread, for those of you that may have missed it the first three times it was posted! 🙄🤪 LOL

I am vaguely familiar with who this Smith person is, but have never, ever watched him on TV because I'm normally working, or if off, out doing something. 😉 Plus, as a general rule, I rarely watch gas bag "talking heads" who don't improve my life or educate me in any, way, shape, or form; life is just too short.

Well, I said it many times before, you can't place every reaction in one thread, people are not reading 40 pages

14 hours ago, BRH said:

I mean, it's funny, and a perfect comment, but just the fact that that was Josh Allen out there was exactly the reason why we were able to run the ball like that today.

And this is also why you can’t just assume Miami will run all over them like we did.  Dallas doesn’t have to worry about Tua running near as much as they had to worry about Josh, so they won’t have to spy him.  That’s another guy Miami will have to block, and their line isn’t nearly as good as ours.  Maybe Miami can still get it done, but it’ll take gadgets and trickery, not just lining up and running all over them.  Completely different. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.