Around the NFL Week 15

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

There is a very real chance that an 11-win team will miss the playoffs this year in the AFC while a losing team will make it as the NFC South Champs. 

There is a “real” chance, but it is pretty low.

You think there will be four 11-6 wildcard teams? Which ones? Steelers will have 7 losses.

Bengals and Colts would have to go 3-0 to get there.

Browns can go 3-1 to get there.

Texans, Broncos and Bills will have to go 4-0.

You think 4/6 of those outcomes will happen?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Our best chance to get in might be for us to win out and the Dolphins to find a way to lose 2 more before we beat them in the last week of the season.  Any way you slice it, our chances don't look good at all because our coaches can't count and can't hold onto a lead in the last few seconds of most games.

Dolphins only have to lose 1 more before our game.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Ugh......I'll say it again.  These teams are trash.

With the loss today, the Steelers will be out of it after they lose to the Bengals next week.  From there, we are going to have to hope the Bengals lose their last 2.  

This gets more depressing with each passing moment.  Our best chance to get in might be for us to win out and the Dolphins to find a way to lose 2 more before we beat them in the last week of the season.  Any way you slice it, our chances don't look good at all because our coaches can't count and can't hold onto a lead in the last few seconds of most games.

If we win out then the Dolphins only need to lose 1 more

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

Hes never won in Ot

he has chances to score tds and there’s wide open guys and he’s missing / miscommunications w his wrs

he doesn’t make the routine plays well enough/ consistently 

sure he’s super man at times

Jake Browning won in overtime today, that doesn’t make him more clutch than Josh

I don’t think the path ahead for the Colts is as easy as a lot of people have said. Falcons and Texans are of comparable talent and are fighting for their playoff lives, at least as it stands now. The Raiders are anything but pushovers. So while it’s probably likely the Colts get in, it’s not a cakewalk. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Yes....if we win out.  Tomorrow's game is so much bigger than we wish it was.

The results of today have magnified its importance. I actually think we should win it. The Cowboys are a different team on the road.

Of course, we've shown ourselves to be so capable of inexplicable losses, that even the Chargers game cannot be unquestionably chalked up as a win,

though we ought to crush them.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BRH said:

I’m fine with it being a big game. 

Oh, I don't mind it being a big game at all.  Should keep the team's focus much easier playing the Cowboys.  What will bother me, though, is if we lose, knowing that our season is probably over and having to turn my attention to the draft while I watch like 3 backup QBs play in the Playoffs with bad teams.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I don’t think the path ahead for the Colts is as easy as a lot of people have said. Falcons and Texans are of comparable talent and are fighting for their playoff lives, at least as it stands now. The Raiders are anything but pushovers. So while it’s probably likely the Colts get in, it’s not a cakewalk. 

It’s easier then the Bengals though,,, personally i think this is the worse result of the day so far 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Remember when the Bears traded up from 3 to 2 to draft Trubsiky over Mahomes and Watson?

It makes you realize how much of a bust JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf were, and it’s just a comedy of errors with highly drafted quarterbacks. At least Trubisky is still playing, my god.

Carson Wentz

Sam Darnold

Baker Mayfield - still serviceable

Josh Rosen

Trey Lance

The Wilson kid

Mac Jones

Haskins RIP

EJ Manuel

Bridgewater

Manziel

Winstin

Mariota

Bortles 

…………… on and in it could go

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.