Monday night games - Dolphins/Titans, Giants/Packers

Steptide

Went to bed after the Henry fumble with Miami already up 13. Woke up and saw MIA lost and thought they were fake posts. 

Stunned but now the Bills need to seize the opportunity and win out! 

Starts with beating Dallas! Circle the wagons BillsMafia! The stadium should be rocking Sunday.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot believe they won that game. Turned it off when they went up 14 with under 5 minutes…

Good on Vrabel for the 2pt conversion attempt. Don’t know why or understand on that TD but great! It worked out as a loss for Miami 😂

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

A surprising thing is how conventional the collapse/comeback was.  It wasn't a bunch of mistakes and interceptions.  It was Tennessee effortlessly driving down the field twice, and miami not moving the ball, with Tua always panicking and getting tackled on 3rd and 4th downs when his first read isn't wide open.

Kinda how a lot of our losses have come about… fail to score on the final possessions we have and fail to hold strong on D. 

1 hour ago, BRH said:

He might be a nice kid and all, but he really didn’t do a damn thing last night when it was all coming apart.  

Oh yeah, I have literally nothing against him as a person. He seems like a great dude. But he cannot do it when the chips are down and he has to lift up the team around him. 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I have to take some time today to go over to Miami's message board and read some of the comments.  That will be entertaining. They have to be in meltdown mode.  That's a brutal choke job to a rookie QB.

https://finheaven.com/threads/phins-titans-post-game-rant.381503/

The post game thread is glorious. Fire everyone. Need a new QB. The collapse begins. Something for everyone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Billznut said:

Another fun quote from finheaven…

We had a 27-13 lead and gave it away! Stop rehearsing your TD celebration and focus on the game. What an embarrassment on primetime.

Was hoping the Titans would do a mock celebration in end zone after the 4th down stop. Guess they had too much class for that.

50 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Good on Vrabel for the 2pt conversion attempt. Don’t know why or understand on that TD but great! It worked out as a loss for Miami 😂 

Analytically it’s absolutely the right move and I’ve seen it done at least 3 times this week, including in the Army-Navy game.  If you make it, you can tie with two FGs or win with a TD.  If you miss it, you go for two and the tie on the second TD.  Two-pointers convert at about 50% or better, so you should make at least one of two, and the potential rewards are better. 

Shocking that it took coaches this long to figure it out. And it worked to perfection this time. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I remember a conversation I was having on here last week about the Miami offense bring pretty average without Hill.

I meant a fully fit Hill, of course!

Yeah, they went full limbo when he went down. Thought they’d try and get the ball to Waddle a lot more, not saying he’s on Hill’s level but he’s talented. 

Without him, you’re absolutely right, average at best. Which makes sense because, whether you like or hate him, the guy has otherworldly speed and talent. 

• Agree 1

Just now, BRH said:

Analytically it’s absolutely the right move and I’ve seen it done at least 3 times this week, including in the Army-Navy game.  If you make it, you can tie with two FGs or win with a TD.  If you miss it, you go for two and the tie on the second TD.  Two-pointers convert at about 50% or better, so you should make at least one of two, and the potential rewards are better. 

Shocking that it took coaches this long to figure it out. And it worked to perfection this time. 

Yeah, I have seen this done a lot this season.  The first time, I thought it was a bad decision and heard an analyst say its a 'no brainer'.  Have seen it done a half dozen times since then.  Wasnt surprised when Vrabel went for 2.

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

I guess my thinking about “why then” goes more to the time left on the clock. You’re forcing yourself into a hole if you miss it as you’re now down 8 and even then if you do succeed, going for 2 scores; FGs, is a lot for just over 2 minutes left in regulation. 

Great point though. Didn’t realize the analytics dictate then would be the time to go for it. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JohnNord said:

TBH I thought Vrabel did a really good tonight.  The Titans roster is mostly crappy and they found just about every way to blow it but when they showed him on the sidelines he was calm and calculated.  

Levis also turned it up at the end against Vic Fangio who was supposed to be this “god” of defense.  

This game felt a lot like a Bills collapse.  Miami’s numbers on offense look decent but they only scored TD’s when they were given a ridiculously short field by defense/ST’s.  The defense also scored a TD.

So the defense was the reason Miami had a 2 TD.  But in crunch time they absolutely wilted 

Three cheers for Meathead!

6 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I guess my thinking about “why then” goes more to the time left on the clock. You’re forcing yourself into a hole if you miss it as you’re now down 8 and even then if you do succeed, going for 2 scores; FGs, is a lot for just over 2 minutes left in regulation. 

Great point though. Didn’t realize the analytics dictate then would be the time to go for it. 

None of the positive outcomes are very likely, but if you kick the XP, you’re down to deciding whether to go for two at the end of the game, where the chances of a *****up are higher because the D is playing with more desperation and the refs are less likely to help you.  And you HAVE to score a second TD, whereas if you make the early 2-pointer, you at least have a shot at two long FGs to save time. 

8 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I’m going to call that the tuna melt game.

Patty Melt and Tuna Melt on back to back nights.

Cbs Food GIF by HULU

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Yeah, I have seen this done a lot this season.  The first time, I thought it was a bad decision and heard an analyst say its a 'no brainer'.  Have seen it done a half dozen times since then.  Wasnt surprised when Vrabel went for 2.

They had a discussion on ESPN this morning, on Get Up.  All the guys at the table said Coach's should go for two 100% of the time in that situation.  It should not even be a question.  But let's face it, more often than not the opponent probably gets the ball back and runs out the clock.

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

They had a discussion on ESPN this morning, on Get Up.  All the guys at the table said Coach's should go for two 100% of the time in that situation.  It should not even be a question.  But let's face it, more often than not the opponent probably gets the ball back and runs out the clock.

It’s strictly math and probability.  Kinda like the ‘let’s make a deal’ Monty Hall dilemma.  You always switch from your first guess when they take one of the 3 doors away.  It’s 50% probability after they take a door away vs 33% on your first guess even though it seems counter-intuitive.  It’s 59% win rate going for 2 on the first attempt down 14 vs 41% kicking the extra point on first TD down 14.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Miami might not win another game. 

Tough defense against the Jets gonna beat them up. They need their center back this week as much as ever. Then the cowboys gonna make them run up and down the field. Then the ravens ain't no slouch. Then all guts against us. It ain't no easy row to hoe. This is a great test for them and a tough way into the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Tough defense against the Jets gonna beat them up. They need their center back this week as much as ever. Then the cowboys gonna make them run up and down the field. Then the ravens ain't no slouch. Then all guts against us. It ain't no easy row to hoe. This is a great test for them and a tough way into the playoffs. 

Lots of Dolphins chatter on X that he's done for the season. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I turned it back on with about 5 minutes left.  It was GLORIOUS!

Looks like McDaniel went to the McDermott School of Lead Preservation (aka Loser U)

Glad McDermott took the Advanced Aggression class on Sunday.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Haha (+1) 2

I was looking at their salary situation.  

Holy smokes, I thought the Bills had it bad.  They have a ton of mushrooming salaries for 2024.

Tyreek at $31 Million (12 now)

Ramsey at $27 Million (3 now)

Chubb at $26 Million (7.5 now)

Howard at $25 Million (10 now)

Tua at $23 Million (assuming no extension) (9.5 now)

Armstead at $20 Million (9 now)

Im sure some of this can be cleaned up with restructuring, but you have to expect Tua and his agent are going to pursue a larger guaranteed deal.

In contrast, the Bills have at $20 mil + 

Allen at $47 million

Diggs at $27.8 Million

Con Miller at $23 Million

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

They’re not wrong.  That team is done. They will lose to the Jets on Sunday.

What will crack me up even more is if the Jets win this week after winning last week it pushes Rodgers into the "put up or shut up" category. He's said all along if they are still "in it" the Washington game was the target. Looks like he's close to having his bluff called.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.