Tyler Dunne story on McDermott - 3 parts, 25 interviews, one damning conclusion

Roundybout

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

this is redic. look im ready to move on from mcd, but this whole 9/11 thing who caresssssssssssss

he misspoke while talking on the fly, and obv wasnt praising hijackers. yall have never said anything dumb while trying to make a point?

DONT SAY YOU HAVENT, BC I READ DUMB S*** ALL DAY ON HERE

fire him for the momentum cooling off. but to assasinate the mans character like this actually makes me sick

Ends to justify the means though. I agree it’s whatever; but if it helps to get rid of him now? Good.

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It's fine not to care of course. I'm just saying, it's not just a reporter saying bad things.

It's a lot of former players and coaches.

And McD confirmed today that at least one big story from the story is true.

I find what was written very credible, even if not provable. 

Again, in the minority, guess at 71 yrs of age , I focus on , (right or wrong) the sport/game.. If one wants to focus on on that issue  du jour  .. do it..

Edited by dwight in philly

Just saw something come through now Mcd apologizing for the 911 report. So my guess is he has now read the article.

So we have a Bye week where Von gets arrested. Now the team is back to work  and this article comes out. The timing of this couldn’t be worse..  Talk about distractions heading into the most important game of the season.

There has been enough talk between the Media saying Mcd is holding us back to to the Fans who are exhausted. , Stories like this coming out now and I just don’t understand  how it’s not time to probably move on.

I have never disliked Mcd, I am very  appreciative of what he’s done. But the past two years there as been way much attention being brought his way and not in a good light.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

McD is totally right about the friends part.  However, if he saw where Chad lived (think Paulie Walnuts) and compared that to his own home (think Tony Soprano), then maybe he would have been a little gentler about it. 

I mean - i think he wanted him to say something like - Blown away by the generosity but I can't accept it, i'll donate it to charity or something

1 minute ago, dwight in philly said:

Again, in the minority, guess at 71 yrs of age , I focus on , (right or wrong) the sport/game.. If one wants to focus on that .. fdo it..

You don't think the Coaches interactions with the players and coaches is part of the game? That's a horrible cop-out not some wisdom gained with age. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

Or maybe cook fumbles or drops balls alot in practices and is warned he'll get benched if he does it in games. We don't know, we're not in the building 

Maybe, but you have no idea if so.

And benching him for that long is still stupid

It's like McDermott's trying to act tough, or doing something cause he saw Belichick do it on TV in 2005.

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Pegula isn't going to fire McDermott because of x's and o's. He's not smart enough to do that. He'll only fire McDermott if the public pressure is too much to overcome. Articles like this helps with that.

Keep em comin.

He knows he has to sell  PSL's, season tickets and suites for the new stadium. Right now he can't keep McDermott and do that.  Honestly, Allen needs to have a sitdown with Terry and say, "he goes or I go".  Im just sick of this BS. With the talent we have had especially in the 2020 and 2021 seasons we should have had a Superbowl win.  We aren't getting there with McDermott.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

this is redic. look im ready to move on from mcd, but this whole 9/11 thing who caresssssssssssss

he misspoke while talking on the fly, and obv wasnt praising hijackers. yall have never said anything dumb while trying to make a point?

fire him for the momentum cooling off. but to assasinate the mans character like this actually makes me sick

Completely agree.  Whatever the hit piece’s author is trying to accomplish, it’s backfiring.  I prefer to move on from Mcdermott, but this makes him more sympathetic.  Who hasnt said stupid things to prove a point?  This is also the man who had the character to pull his team off the field after a teammate basically died on the field.  Character assassination ain’t gonna work against mcdermott who’s shown he’s a good man.  Keep it to football.  Author and all the malcontents he interviewed are clowns.   

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

is every whistleblower article a hit peace in your opinion?

I mean - read the first paragraph.  It basically says " i hate this guy, he sucks at coaching and here's a bunch of anonymous people who agree with me" 

Just now, Steptide said:

Man, I gotta deal with this drama AND the barn burner game later between the steelers and pats 😉

I mean... we kinda need the pats to pull this one out.  

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It would have to be an active thought to even slip up. Which is really weird TBH and I'm REALLY weird. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Completely agree.  Whatever the hit piece’s author is trying to accomplish, it’s backfiring.  I prefer to move on from Mcdermott, but this makes him more sympathetic.  Who hasnt said stupid things to prove a point?  This is also the man who had the character to pull his team off the field after a teammate basically died on the field.  Character assassination ain’t gonna work against mcdermott who’s shown he’s a good man.  Keep it to football.  Author and all the malcontents he interviewed are clowns.   

If this is making him sympathetic for you then there probably isn't anything he could do wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Something about him disliking cam newton and blaming him for ruining the panthers.  Not wrong IMO - Cam's a selfish dude and made that team about him.  Teams win, not players. 

So when some are saying let Allen be Allen and do his Hero Ball and "Run Josh Run", and again become 70 or more percent of the offense, How is that "Teams win, not players"?

Edited by beer can shower
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, beer can shower said:

So when some are saying let Allen be Allen and do his Hero Ball and "Run Josh Run", and again become 70 or more percent of the offense, How is that "Team win, not players"?

I dunno, when allen starts doing superman celebrations, shying away from loose balls, and talking like a jackass in his press conferences it might become an issue.  When he scored that TD a few years ago and screamed "IM BAAAAAAAACK" that was the last straw for me.  We're not back, cam's back.  

Tyler effin Dunn. OK then. Let me guess - one source is Booby Hart, the OL coach from the Bills and now on Dabills staff in NYC. The dude is a brutal coach, one of the worst as an OL coach and many players have said this. But yeah Tyler, McD is hated. BY YOU the biggest tool in Buffalo.

Gimme a break this artickle is so shite it's not even funny,. And BTW Tyler - McGovern wears Jordans on gameday!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Legitimately seems like this team in its current form is fighting for its life on Sunday. (And moving forward)

The amount of chaos and trauma this group has faced together..

They’ll either band together or come apart at the seams. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Re: Dunne

He chooses to release this as the team comes off a bye, three days before the biggest game of the season?

What a loser.

I agree. Honestly, if he hates McDermott, cool, but there's an entire team that needs to win 5 games against a brutal schedule. Also there's millions(?) Of bills fans that have invested a ton of time and money on this team that wanna see this team get to the playoffs. If anythjng, release the article in the off season 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"The coach who instills belief — real belief — is the coach who’ll win in January. The bigger the game, the bigger the moment, McDermott freezes. As his defense struggles, McDermott only turns more conservative. Buffalo’s win over the Buccaneers should’ve never boiled down to Chris Godwin failing to turn around on a Hail Mary. When the Bills’ offense had its foot firmly above Tampa Bay’s throat, up 24-10, McDermott punted four times at midfield to end the game: Fourth and 5 from the Bills 49, fourth and 9 from the Bucs 47, fourth and 2 from the Bucs 44 and fourth and 1 from the Bucs 48. With Josh Allen at quarterback."

Hit piece or no hit piece, this is right on the money. The guy plays scared and it infects our team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is, in my memory at least, one of the all-time most savage hit pieces ever put out there by a sports writer.  EVER.  It is a straight-up hit job and Dunne surely knows it.

Not saying any of it is wrong, in fact it all makes COMPLETE sense to me and is exactly what I'd assumed based on the results on the field, the demeanor of McD's press conferences, and the rest of the "smoke" surrounding the franchise over the past few years (Dabs, Leslie, Diggs, etc.).

But it is SAVAGE.

(I will add, some of you are just conditioned to completely distrust "media elites" no matter what, but especially when the message is something you'd rather not hear.  You should, um, do some work on that.)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

Tyler effin Dunn. OK then. Let me guess - one source is Booby Hart, the OL coach from the Bills and now on Dabills staff in NYC. The dude is a brutal coach, one of the worst as an OL coach and many players have said this. But yeah Tyler, McD is hated. BY YOU the biggest tool in Buffalo.

Gimme a break this artickle is so shite it's not even funny,. And BTW Tyler - McGovern wears Jordans on gameday!

Other teams give Dunne press passes and the Bills don't. He talks about that all the time. Also, you know that most of the info came from Lil' Dirty. He really seems to be pissed that the Bills cut him and Dunne used to co-host his podcast when he was in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Re: Dunne

He chooses to release this as the team comes off a bye, three days before the biggest game of the season?

What a loser.

1,000%

the timing aloneeeeee confirms hit piece. wonder how long he sat on it till he dropped it in an ABSOLUTELY DIRE week. couldve easily held onto it till we were out of playoff contention..... or the end of season after playoff loss (doubtful).... or tore it up in pure ecstacy if we win it all (not happening, just addressing he had plentyyyy of options).

scumbag

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.