It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

I'm thinking this is a more pressing issue:

It's Josh Allen's 6th season — and our chance to win a championship is on the line 

I'll take short term pain (losing to the Chiefs; and, God, do I hate them) for long-term gain: Josh having a great and offensively minded head coach for the second half of his prime years.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, BillsDad51 said:

Doesn't make sense. Shouldn't each team in chart have same  number of games played?

they might be counting posteason first-round Byes in there.  Plus, some (actually most)teams have had their “game after the Bye” already 2023 while the Bills haven’t yet.

• Like (+1) 1

Dion Dawkins was just on Good Morning Football. Peter asked him what the message is coming out of the bye. He said:

"Kill or be killed. Just stand on business. We understand we have a job, we were put here to do a job, and we're not losers.

"This organization has turned into something different over the previous years, and McDermott and the crew have us on that direction.

"We understand we've put ourselves in a position that's a little tougher, and it's hard to win games but if we just play the style of ball that we know how to, if we allow Josh to be the person that he's supposed to, if we protect and get those guys that need that ball that ball, then we're gonna be okay."

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think we find out how the team feels about McDermott this game.  Will this team be dead or fight for their coach.  They know the stress he is under, how will they respond?

Yeah, you got to wonder what the team thinks about McDermott at this inflection point with the season on the line. My sense is that they have mixed feelings, that they resist or resent him in several ways, but they know how things go south fast when a team turns on their coach. Who wants to be part of that?

If they really make a charge, I suspect they'll be doing it in spite of McDermott, not because of him. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

Dion Dawkins was just on Good Morning Football. Peter asked him what the message is coming out of the bye. He said:

"Kill or be killed. Just stand on business. We understand we have a job, we were put here to do a job, and we're not losers.

"This organization has turned into something different over the previous years, and McDermott and the crew have us on that direction.

"We understand we've put ourselves in a position that's a little tougher, and it's hard to win games but if we just play the style of ball that we know how to, if we allow Josh to be the person that he's supposed to, if we protect and get those guys that need that ball that ball, then we're gonna be okay."

The attitude Dawkins is saying the team has sounds right, guess we'll see how it looks though.

• Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Bills and Chiefs are on similar roster timelines. The Chiefs started their roster reset last year, to which their rookie class way over achieved. This year they are still contenders but have gotten closer to average production from some of those guys. 

When you pay the QB position (which you must), you have to retool every once in a while when the bill comes do. Which Mahomes is and Allen's is about to. 

Will be curious to see what Pacheco's status is after today's practices, because if anything I think that moves the needle in the Bills direction if he's not able to play because I think he's the type of player that typically would explode against the Bills.

Either way won't be shocked if all of a sudden the Chiefs WR's magically start catching everything thrown their way and KC's offense plays a flawless game against the Bills because that's just how these things work out for this team.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, beebe said:

Can't be understated how brutal of a blow this is for KC. They have NOTHING on offense. Left tackle also about to miss, replaced by a rookie. 

#15 is still dangerous and Kelce can still hurt them. Last look at the spread shows the Chiefs -1.5 so the money is coming in on the Bills now.

1 hour ago, beebe said:

Can't be understated how brutal of a blow this is for KC. They have NOTHING on offense. Left tackle also about to miss, replaced by a rookie. 

If he does somehow play at this point it's going to feel like they shot him up and is pretty unethical as all *****.

Edited by Warcodered

McD's comments are going to have SOME impact on the team - it's hard to say if it will be negative, or positive.

But given the firestorm, and his reaction - if they like him and generally support him, I could see this being a pretty galvanizing thing.  I'm sure everyone groaned when they saw the comments reported, but I'd have to think there is a sense that the national reaction is pretty tough on McD, and somewhat unfair.  

Could be a motivator.  Hey, I'm looking for anything at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

McD's comments are going to have SOME impact on the team - it's hard to say if it will be negative, or positive.

But given the firestorm, and his reaction - if they like him and generally support him, I could see this being a pretty galvanizing thing.  I'm sure everyone groaned when they saw the comments reported, but I'd have to think there is a sense that the national reaction is pretty tough on McD, and somewhat unfair.  

Could be a motivator.  Hey, I'm looking for anything at this point.

Good leadership from the players if nowhere else could definitely use it to help cement the mentality of ***** everyone else and draw everybody together.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Mango said:

The Bills and Chiefs are on similar roster timelines. The Chiefs started their roster reset last year, to which their rookie class way over achieved. This year they are still contenders but have gotten closer to average production from some of those guys. 

When you pay the QB position (which you must), you have to retool every once in a while when the bill comes do. Which Mahomes is and Allen's is about to. 

big difference being the Chiefs were able to win SBs before AND after Mahomes contract kicked in

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

big difference being the Chiefs were able to win SBs before AND after Mahomes contract kicked in

Oh totally, I wanted to start the reload last year, but the FO wanted to take one more go at it with the old guys. I get it. With the way this year is going, I think the Bills could maybe be 2 years behind KC going forward. In all honesty, that might not be the worst thing to ever happen. Being a little off cycle from Mahomes and Reid could be good. 

39 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Pacheco was a 1-man wrecking crew vs. Green Bay and vs. several other teams this season.  "Angry Runs" all game.

If he's unable to go this week, that would be a bit of a help, theoretically.

Wasn't seen at practice today. Man that'd be a huge L for kc.. 

CEH likely is the main back 

44 minutes ago, beebe said:

They have Mahomes and Kelce.  That ain't nothing.  Rashee Rice seems to be emerging nicely as a #2 WR, similar stats to Davis, and he's on injury report but practicing in full.

But Pacheco has BY FAR been their leading rusher, so unless Edwards-Helaire and McKinnon step up, it may make the Chiefs significantly more one dimensional.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Gregg said:

#15 is still dangerous and Kelce can still hurt them. Last look at the spread shows the Chiefs -1.5 so the money is coming in on the Bills now.

If pacheco is out, I’m only worried about Mahomes’ legs, mckinnon on screens and Kelce on 3rd down.  I love rice and think he’ll be a really good one with time, but he and Mahomes still need more time to get on that special wave length

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

They have Mahomes and Kelce.  That ain't nothing.  Rashee Rice seems to be emerging nicely as a #2 WR, similar stats to Davis, and he's on injury report but practicing in full.

But Pacheco has BY FAR been their leading rusher, so unless Edwards-Helaire and McKinnon step up, it may make the Chiefs significantly more one dimensional.

With rookie Wanya Morris starting at left tackle, who is a much better run blocker than pass blocker, this was setting up to be a big run heavy game for Chiefs. 

4 minutes ago, bills742 said:

I think McD is a good guy deep down and I'm feeling kind of bad for him. 

When he steps down in the best interest of the team because he's in over his head and singlehandedly losing the Bills games, I'll wish him well. Right now, he's stealing from the Bills and sabotaging the best chance we've had at a Super Bowl since the early 90s. Enough is enough. He's a multimillionaire and has been duly compensated for his time here. Let someone else take over who can actually take this team to the next level. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.