Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Just to make sure people know as they play catch up to all this, she recorded the altercation and provided it to the police and then they issued an arrest warrant. 

Edited by Mango

20 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If they do then the prosecutor is a scumbag too.  No prosecutor should drop a case they have good evidence on.

My 18 year old son was held at gun point at a gas station in Charlotte NC. They stole his truck and smashed it into a convenient store attempting to shoot open the ATM machine.   All captured on video.  They were caught and arrested.  Prosecutor dropped the case.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

This also doesn't make sense

She told him she is going to call the police and he left the house.  She then calls the police and says "My boyfriend IS choking and hitting me."

I mean, I think something happened here, but some of these statements are weird.

Yeah I noticed that too but I think what that means is that she still thought he was in the house and so she wasn't quite out of danger. She then realized that he had left while she started the call and begins to calm down "Yeah, I don't know." Maybe having regrets calling 911 (even though she absolutely should have).

At the point Von is leaving the house he already knows he's f'd.

Something tells me these two are not a match made in heaven and long for this world.

I joke around a lot but this is a serious situation because it reminds me a bit of OJ and Nicole Brown. Putting your hands on a woman is serious *****. Because it's an indicator of a situation that can escalate to unthinkable levels.

I'm not a "Von-Miller-must-be-cut-immediately-because-I-hate-violence-against-women-and-this-is-about-me-and-my-feelings!" virtue signaler. It's just a very sad thing.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Simon said:

Depending on the outcome, that might be the end of his plan to become an NFL GM down the road.

But we should wait on that outcome.

It doesn't sound good

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-lb-von-miller-turns-himself-in-on-felony-domestic-violence-charge

Miller has turned himself in after being charged.

The alleged assault occurred on Wednesday, according to a police affidavit in which officers wrote that Miller twice put his hands on the neck of the woman, pulled out a chunk of her hair and threw her onto a couch. The woman was treated for minor injuries, including bruising on her neck, police said.

The woman and Miller have been in a relationship for seven years and have children together, police wrote in an affidavit supporting the arrest warrant.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-endorse-new-personal-conduct-policy-0ap3000000441758

The new policy lays out a clear series of steps to be taken when there is an incident that requires review. New measures include:

» Additional NFL-funded counseling and services for victims, families, and violators.

» A more extensive list of prohibited conduct.

» Independent investigative procedures.

» Specific criteria for paid leave for an individual formally charged with a crime of violence, including domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse.

» An expert group of outside advisors to review and evaluate potential violations and consult on other elements of the policy.

» A baseline suspension of six games without pay for violations involving assault, battery, domestic violence, dating violence, child abuse, other forms of family violence, or sexual assault, with consideration given to possible mitigating or aggravating circumstances.

As I understand these criteria, Miller should be placed on the Commissioner's Exempt List immediately (which means he will still be paid, but won't count against the Bills Roster).  He is facing a mandatory suspension of six games, even if he pleads to a lesser charge, provided the league's own investigation finds grounds to believe domestic violence occurred.   And it sounds as though there is evidence - bruising on her neck, busted laptop, chunk of pulled out hair.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Yeah I noticed that too but I think what that means is that she still thought he was in the house and so she wasn't quite out of danger. She then realized that he had left while she started the call and begins to calm down "Yeah, I don't know." Maybe having regrets calling 911 (even though she absolutely should have).

Something tells me these two are not a match made in heaven and long for this world.

I joke around a lot but this is a serious situation because it reminds me a bit of OJ and Nicole Brown. Putting your hands on a woman is serious *****. Because it's an indicator of a situation that can escalate to unthinkable levels.

I'm not a "Von-Miller-must-be-cut-immediately-because-I-hate-violence-against-women-and-this-is-about-me-and-my-feelings!" virtue signaler. It's just a very sad thing.

Reportedly they've been together 7 years and have several kids

Putting the hands on the neck and applying pressure (strangulation or attempted strangulation) is considered a huge "red flag" in DV work because it's considered a serious pre-event indicator for homicide.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Simon said:

Depending on the outcome, that might be the end of his plan to become an NFL GM down the road.

But we should wait on that outcome.

I had the same thought, while we wait for any facts to be verified.  Might be ring video footage out there, or maybe he has a alibi that is airtight that disproves any claim of assault. 

Without being cleared with solid evidence he may find it hard to be employed by any nfl team in any capacity.   I always thought he was a decent guy and not one with no self control.  Then again maybe he has used steroids just was good at knowing how to mask it.   Gotta see what the facts prove.

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

Just to make sure people know as they play catch up to all this, she recorded the altercation and provided it to the police and then they issued an arrest warrant. 

Right and there's also evidence (busted laptop she says he stomped on, chunk of hair, bruising on her neck).

The majority of DV victims recant (54.8% according to one recent study).  There are multiple reasons for this, most of them having nothing to do with a question of whether or not the assault actually happened as the victim's initial testimony describes. 

One very straightforward reason, if this woman is pregnant and has other children by Von, is financial support.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

Right and there's also evidence (busted laptop she says he stomped on, chunk of hair, bruising on her neck).

The majority of DV victims recant (54.8% according to one recent study).  There are multiple reasons for this.  One very straightforward reason, if this woman is pregnant and has other children by Von, is financial support.

Oh totally. My mother was in an abusive marriage.

28 minutes ago, White Linen said:

My 18 year old son was held at gun point at a gas station in Charlotte NC. They stole his truck and smashed it into a convenient store attempting to shoot open the ATM machine.   All captured on video.  They were caught and arrested.  Prosecutor dropped the case.  

OMG I'm sorry.  Insane that case was dropped.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Wow that’s crazy. Hope your son is ok

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Possible.  Also possible reporters are ass. 

16 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I had the same thought, while we wait for any facts to be verified.  Might be ring video footage out there, or maybe he has a alibi that is airtight that disproves any claim of assault. 

Without being cleared with solid evidence he may find it hard to be employed by any nfl team in any capacity.   I always thought he was a decent guy and not one with no self control.  Then again maybe he has used steroids just was good at knowing how to mask it.   Gotta see what the facts prove.

She recorded the interaction and gave it to the police when they showed up. There is no alibi to be had. 

Certainly not an excuse but I wouldn’t be shocked if he was coked up and maybe that’s why he waited to turn himself in. That’s pure speculations 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Mango said:

She recorded the interaction and gave it to the police when they showed up. There is no alibi to be had. 

Certainly not an excuse but I wouldn’t be shocked if he was coked up and maybe that’s why he waited to turn himself in. That’s pure speculations 

Wtf haha…

ok, this thread has it all now 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How do I link the Von signing with the Bills thread here?  

Can’t say I’ve enjoy the Von experience though all the facts aren’t out. But this just sums up this season. It’s not fun and it’s been so fun for the last few years. This sucks. 

and whatever in that situation (he’s a garbage human being if he hurt her and she’s dumb for staying with him), why adults stay in toxic relationships is so crazy to me. I feel bad for the kids. 

What do you mean "link the Von signing?" 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Well if she has it recorded and the DA felt it warranted charges then it doesn't bode well for Miller nor should it.  And yea likely he was under something. Drugs like coke or steroid use or alcohol could be what set him off.  Pretty scary as he always came across as a high character guy.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

AP - According to a source (Mango from TBD), Miller was on cocaine and waited to turn himself into police. He also wasn’t wearing his glasses, which is a clear sign of guilt. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Predictable....someone convinced her that any chance Von's contract getting voided would impact her standard of living.

Depends on how much she was getting  in support from Von.  He does own a large ranch in Texas raising chickens.  Seems like he can afford  child support just off his ranches  income.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

AP - According to a source (Mango from TBD), Miller was on cocaine and waited to turn himself into police. He also wasn’t wearing his glasses, which is a clear sign of guilt. 

Well not wearing glasses does fit in with how short-sighted he was by getting coked up while having some family drama.  Now whether the video evidence that prompted the charges to ne filed has to be clear there was no actual assault.  Course it depends on who reviewed the video footage that was reported.

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'm sorry, not trying to be rude, but we are citing "Mango" as a source on this information?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

If they do then the prosecutor is a scumbag too.  No prosecutor should drop a case they have good evidence on.

It's really hard to win a case without a cooperating victim. Usually DAs like to win, and only take on cases they are pretty sure they will win.

55 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

As well Von beeds serious counseling as well.  Dropping the charges if there's video that shows abuse would be criminal.  Was he coked up or maybe he had a spiked drink?  Or maybe he was on some of his meds for his injury and it reacted to a little alcohol.  We have to hear the facts as well as see what the blood tests show.  I won't be surprised if he had some roid rage.  Abuse long term leads to bouts of rage.  

Has to be properly investigated as if there is any evidence then better to be over cautious than letting anything slide.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Depends on how much she was getting  in support from Von.  He does own a large ranch in Texas raising chickens.  Seems like he can afford  child support just off his ranches  income.

They were living together. The news said they shared the luxury apartment.  So she is use to a very high end life style.  Mind you I am old fashion and believe that any man hits a woman should be pounded into the dirt..  but that’s how I was raised.

• Agree 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

They were living together. The news said they shared the luxury apartment.  So she is use to a very high end life style.  Mind you I am old fashion and believe that any man hits a woman should be pounded into the dirt..  but that’s how I was raised.

I agree with the caveat that it's should be if any person hits another especially someone with a relationship that is based on love (romantic  as well as family like brother sister mother father) with any force that can cause injury, should be in treatment maybe locked up in a psych ward until counseling is effective.  

There are cases where the abuser is the woman,  and family abuse can be generational.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

The police report is one sided and makes it seem like Miller snapped for no reason. He’s not Richie Incognito. There’s a side to this story that’s missing. 

What do you think he can say from his side that will make things more favorable? Unless the reported details have been fabricated, I think he's screwed. The police were there immediately after the incident and collected evidence.

His only chance is the girlfriend refusing to cooperate and using his high priced lawyers and influence to get some sort of plea bargain.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.