Rumor re: Brandon Staley (to be let go at year's end)

zow2

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Or Caleb Williams 😱 

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Maybe he goes to New England with Drake Maye

The rumor is New England is taking JJ McCarthy. No way Drake or Caleb drops that much to New England, unless they swing a trade, which I think Chicago and Arizona would be stupid to do.

Sid Gilman remains their all time winningest coach at .619. 

Schottenheimer and Bobby Ross are tied for 2nd at .588.

Norv Turner (.583, 6 playoffs) was quietly a better coach than Schottenheimer as a Chargers coach (.588, 2 playoff games).

Tasker was going on about letting McDermott go and letting another team benefit from all the lessons he learned here

That's not true about McDermott at all, but I do believe staley will be a much better second time head coach

He is the exact opposite coach of McDermott.....super aggressive. Much easier to learn to be more conservative than it is the other way around 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, chongli said:

The rumor is New England is taking JJ McCarthy. No way Drake or Caleb drops that much to New England, unless they swing a trade, which I think Chicago and Arizona would be stupid to do.

NE has 2 wins.  They may end up with the 1st or 2nd pick.  They only have 2 wins and might not win another

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

The more i think about it, barring a miracle, like Staley….  McDermott has got to go. 

You have a few more years kicking the can with Herbert and Allen.  Gotta get whatever offensive genius is out there to team up with Allen.  Heck maybe it’s even Joe Brady if the offense continues to kill it… because he will get scooped up too if they average 30pts per game in the final seven.

I really don't know why more people don't consider Joe Brady a HC candidate.  I know he is young but he has already had at least 3 HC interviews in the past.  Isn't this what people want, a young potentially upcoming offensive HC?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

We need a whole new regime. Including gm…

Beane is a good GM. Grass isn’t always greener 

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I really don't know why more people don't consider Joe Brady a HC candidate.  I know he is young but he has already had at least 3 HC interviews in the past.  Isn't this what people want, a young potentially upcoming offensive HC?

Brady strikes me as a good OC and is respected by the players. That being said I don’t know if he’s ready to handle being a HC.  He looks like a greenhorn IMO

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Same Ben Johnson that got shut down by Green Bay?

Lol…. Yeah, that Ben Johnson.  His team got shut down one game by a division rival.    Andy Reid, the same Andy Reid that got shut down by Denver?  It’s happens to every coach ever.  Dozens of times over their careers.  

who would be your choice?

Edited by NewEra

Also inside sources tell me that the Jets don't want Zack Wilson as their starter next year and the Commies are looking at different coaching options. Breaking: Bears are seeing how Fields does the rest of the year before deciding on QB in the draft.

Tell me the Pats fire Bill and then I'll be interested slightly. Staley (while I like his aggressive 4th downs) is terrible

11 hours ago, zow2 said:

It might be obvious to general fans, but this is the first hint at this coaching change from inside their headquarters.   For Bills fans, this could affect how LA plays Buffalo on Christmas,  we shall see.  It also will affect available coaching candidates if the Bills make a change themselves.

The last couple weeks I heard Belichek possibly to Washington and just today heard the Carolina owner will be pursuing BB very hard.

I’m so curious if belichick will give up gm responsibilities…I pity the team that hands him control of everything 

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Mainly because he was an awful offensive coordinator in Carolina.  That's why he was QB coach with the Bills instead of an OC somewhere else.

Edited by Billy Claude

14 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Ben Johnson is too run heavy

The run game is where he excels. He does kind of remind me of Greg Roman, the creativity and complexity in his run scheme definitely outshines the equivalent creativity in his pass game. The difference is his passing game leans into what his players do whereas Roman's always appeared like he just borrowed the playbook from John Madden Football '88. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, The Jokeman said:
16 hours ago, zow2 said:

The only position I'd even consider him for is defensive coordinator. Other than that no thank you

Water Boy!

Staley is a first class moron! He is killing Herbert with his idiot decision making!

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

Does Ben Johnson want to live in LA with Herbert or in Buffalo with Allen?  😱 

Uh yeah… therein is the definition of ‘impossible sale’!

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Lol…. Yeah, that Ben Johnson.  His team got shut down one game by a division rival.    Andy Reid, the same Andy Reid that got shut down by Denver?  It’s happens to every coach ever.  Dozens of times over their careers.  

who would be your choice?

Rando Randomstein.  He’s equally proven  as Ben and has the same amount of HC experience.

17 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Interesting. But, looking at the numbers doesn't bear this out. Bills 332 rushes and Lions 328. Bills have about a pass or two more a game. Yardage is not significantly differently. Evidence doesn't bear this out, and you never know how a coordinator will adjust with the QB talent he has. Allen vs Goff could yield a very different product.

62 QB runs vs. 26 for the lions.  Buffalo has also played an extra game.  

14 hours ago, chongli said:

Marvin Harrison is amongst those that could be a top 3, Arizona might take him to pair with Murray (since not a contract to move away from easily). If they do and New England is behind them at #3 that could make Maye fall. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The run game is where he excels. He does kind of remind me of Greg Roman, the creativity and complexity in his run scheme definitely outshines the equivalent creativity in his pass game. The difference is his passing game leans into what his players do whereas Roman's always appeared like he just borrowed the playbook from John Madden Football '88. 

Yeah I guess I want to see what happens with Detroit down the line rather than handing him the reigns like some people want to.  

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I will say Joe Brady has definitely forced his way into the conversation over the past two games. It isn't just his offensive prowess which appears to be as good as advertised. I've also been very impressed by his demeanor in press conferences and at practices and in the booth. And clearly he has gotten the most out of Josh Allen which is by far the most important quality in our new head coach. Too young, maybe, but Sean McVay was 30 when he was hired by the Rams.

If we lose to the Chiefs I would fire McDermott and give Brady a 4 game audition. Doubt that happens but he's earned his chance IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I think McDermott ends up in LA.

Is he vacationing there?

Heard that’s where players work out together a lot. Maybe he’s taking the Bellyache approach but in the off-season?

Von contract ain’t working out so…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM6m2uTloBdoZGzCf72fT

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.