Jets Officially Open Rodgers 21 Day Window. Back to Practice.

BuffaloBillyG

On 11/29/2023 at 12:54 PM, stevewin said:

There's no way he 'ruptured' his achilles how fast he came back and was doing stuff on it - IMO was hugely oversold to push a heroic return narrative

Not true. He DID TOTALLY RUPTURE IT AND THE REVERBERATION OF IT SNAPPING IS VISIBLE IN HIS CALF ON Film.  The company that developed the speed bridge suturing technique, which anchors up the length of the Achilles, crosses above the tear , then anchors back into the calcaneus, provides enhanced tensile strength across the tear.  THEIR PROTOCOL CALLS FOR SPORT SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES at 12 weeks.  He is around day 80 , so he is just slightly ahead of expected rehab. 

Also , because it was his left Achilles , it’s NOT HIS PUSH OFF FOOT, so there s much less stress to the Achilles while passing.   Nothing is being oversold as he is just slightly ahead of their expected timeframe for return to sports. He does have a slightly increased risk of “creep”. Where the tendon can slowly elongate, but because its not his push off foot , and he is much less mobile than other positions , any loss of power, dorsiflexion and plantar flexion of that foot may never show up as a noticeable loss of power or change for him.  

He has vowed a return to play regardless of the jets record or playoff possibilities.  He is a fully informed , highly conditioned athlete, who has had to be told and sign a consent form related to all risk /benefit ratios. Is there a possibility he tears it again by returning sooner than expected , yes there is but it’s his choice.  He is back practicing which is CONSISTENT WITH THE PLANNED REHAB FOR THIS SURGERY!    This is not a joke, fluke , or overhyped result so far. It is not a brand new technique either and has a successful history in med literature reported in prior years. There are good explanations by physicians  available on YouTube by sports medicine drs if you chose to take time to view their presentations.  

He is just on track from a rehab standpoint.  His true effectiveness is yet to be proven, but it was a LEGIT RUPTURE AND SPEED BRIDGE REPAIR.  Medical techniques are always advancing, yet results depend on many factors including patients age, condition, access to care and rehab, and existing conditions.  Personally , i have never been a fan of his arrogance and narcissism , but my opinion of him has nothing to do with the medical facts concerning his Achilles rupture, repair, and surgical technique used. Again, its not a huge , heroic return , but so far a story still in progress. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

• 3 weeks later...

A lot has to happen like being medically cleared by doctors for contact, and it's more likely he returns against Washington next week, but Aaron playing tomorrow isn't completely being ruled out.

https://theathletic.com/5142625/2023/12/16/jets-aaron-rodgers-medically-cleared?source=user-shared-article

We can all call him Mr Elusive coming back from that Achilles tear…, 😂

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The way the AFC is lining up getting in at 9-8 would be a ***** miracle, so why even bother.

All I care about is the Jets beating the Dolphins. A-A-RON playing tomorrow makes that possibility better. Don't care about the last 3 games.

On 11/30/2023 at 11:18 PM, TheFunPolice said:

Normally it would be a great story for a player to work so hard to get back so soon 

But it's Rodgers so people hate it 

Lol

Rodgers is a pretty easy guy to dislike. Everything is about Aaron. When the Jets benched Wilson, he somehow made that about him. He goes on a weekly spot on a show to talk about how he is being silenced. He’s a huge clown

That said, if he come back this year that’s amazing. But I still don’t like the guy

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Part of me thinks they may active him today to serve as the "emergency QB" or back up or something. 

Anything to inspire the upset!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I hope he comes back just for the story.

That said, I think the #1 reason Achilles is season ending is that most don't happen week 1.

If Aaron had suffered this injury week 5, for example, this is never a conversation.

Apparently Tre White was at the Achilles factory rehabbing with Dobbins and Rodgers. But their injuries were later in the year. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

13 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

That said, I think the #1 reason Achilles is season ending is that most don't happen week 1.

If Aaron had suffered this injury week 5, for example, this is never a conversation.

Apparently Tre White was at the Achilles factory rehabbing with Dobbins and Rodgers. But their injuries were later in the year. 

That is very good news. Tre coming back full strength next year helps out our cap situation greatly 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Rodgers is a pretty easy guy to dislike. Everything is about Aaron. When the Jets benched Wilson, he somehow made that about him. He goes on a weekly spot on a show to talk about how he is being silenced. He’s a huge clown

That said, if he come back this year that’s amazing. But I still don’t like the guy

Anything to inspire the upset!

To go to the JEST he restructured his contract giving up a large amount of money and he did not need to do it.

In football terms he is a good guy,

• 3 weeks later...

Damn ya spent stupid money on his hallucinogenic azs Play him!! Play him!!! , it will make great theater 🎭 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

The Jets are on his jock so bad they made up an award for him.  Lol

With how highly Rodgers thinks of himself, he must love the validation 

It’s so stupid. He has that entire organization around his finger and he has played 4 snaps. One incomplete pass, and a sack for minus 10 yards

• Agree 1

On 12/17/2023 at 8:58 AM, TheFunPolice said:

I think that’s likely the number 2 reason behind it being a more than 18 week recovery period. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.