Maybe its Time for Belichick and Brady

theRalph

Bills hire Bill Belichick as next head coach. Joe Brady remains OC. Beane picks the talent. This will draw ridicule.

But it's obvious Belichick needs a championship QB to win and Josh Allen needs a championship coach to win. Both are lost without the other.

Irony is so underrated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 11
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 4

6 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Bills hire Bill Belichick as next head coach. Joe Brady remains OC. Beane picks the talent. This will draw ridicule.

But it's obvious Belichick needs a championship QB to win and Josh Allen needs a championship coach to win. Both are lost without the other.

Irony is so underrated.

Why not just sell it to team of Trump and T*m Br*dy

Enough for me to resign as Bills Backers group president and not watch NFL again except for highlights where zebras get run over.

image.png.a3d3d6b6c942f843966d73f4b1bec6ae.png

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Irony is so underrated.

This is some fun Bills fan fiction but it’s completely ridiculous for both parties.

If you are Bill Belichick and have had 100% roster control for two decades what is the motivation to give up that control?  Especially when there likely will be multiple opens job.

And if you are Buffalo why would you want to hire a 70 year-old coach who likely will only be around for a handful of years when you could look for long-term stability?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The only OC Bill would bring with him would be McDaniels.  At least Bill would find a way to stop an opposing offense in the 4th quarter. He wouldn't tolerate Beane and he'd make the picks which would be a disaster. 

If it somehow was a thing that happened then it would likely be because New England moved on from him, and he wants the Wins record and to solidify his legacy apart from Tom. In which case he wouldn't care about breaking up an offense that's working or maybe even taking over for a GM that's solid though he'd definitely have input.

Still gross as hell though.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 3

Belichick is past his time. He has no idea how to coach this generation of players.

He was able to pull off his hardass "Patriot Way" because of old school Gen Xer Tom Brady. And they were able to keep that going for 20+ years.

The problem is he never had to adapt over the years. Not to new Millennial players. And by the time Tom left, the rookies coming in are all Gen Z.

He's two generations behind and these Zoomers could not be more outside his box.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't think BB is going to coach any team after the Patriots. I think he will retire. 

I think both he and Pete Carroll call it quits at the conclusion of this season.

Between retirements and firings, almost half the league could be looking for new head coaches in 2024.  

3 hours ago, theRalph said:

Irony is so underrated.

Are you unaware of how the Patriots are doing? Crappy team, you say?  Guess who picked all the players?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, theRalph said:

Irony is so underrated.

Belichick will also want to be GM.

That's a big HELL NO from me.

Everyone thinks that Beane is an awful GM, look at what Belichick has done.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I don't think BB is going to coach any team after the Patriots. I think he will retire. 

I think both he and Pete Carroll call it quits at the conclusion of this season.

Between retirements and firings, almost half the league could be looking for new head coaches in 2024.  

Damn they will do commercials together probably for one the retirement reverse mortgage schemes which milk pensioners out of their homes.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

This is some fun Bills fan fiction but it’s completely ridiculous for both parties.

If you are Bill Belichick and have had 100% roster control for two decades what is the motivation to give up that control?  Especially when there likely will be multiple opens job.

And if you are Buffalo why would you want to hire a 70 year-old coach who likely will only be around for a handful of years when you could look for long-term stability?

This is going to be a long Bye week and a long week leading up to the Chiefs game on this board.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Belichick is past his time. He has no idea how to coach this generation of players.

He was able to pull off his hardass "Patriot Way" because of old school Gen Xer Tom Brady. And they were able to keep that going for 20+ years.

The problem is he never had to adapt over the years. Not to new Millennial players. And by the time Tom left, the rookies coming in are all Gen Z.

He's two generations behind and these Zoomers could not be more outside his box.

Seemed to do okay beating us earlier this year?  Excellent coach, horrible GM

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are you unaware of how the Patriots are doing? Crappy team, you say?  Guess who picked all the players?

Did you read the post?? Belichick needs a championship QB to excel. I made no comment on the Patriots. That's why I said Beane picks the players. 

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Everyone thinks that Beane is an awful GM

Who is everyone? Beane is one of the good ones. And no, !@#$ Bill doesn't get to be GM.

3 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Did you read the post?? Belichick needs a championship QB to excel. I made no comment on the Patriots. That's why I said Beane picks the players. 

Who is everyone? Beane is one of the good ones. And no, !@#$ Bill doesn't get to be GM.

Many people on this board. 

If Bill doesn't get to be GM, then he's not coming here.

1 minute ago, Nephilim17 said:

BB is far from the ideal choice but I'm pretty certain he would help prevent these late-game meltdowns on D and special teams.

He's the best Defensive Coordinator in NFL history in my opinion. No way this works and no way this thread has any merit outside of a semi clever title but Bill can certainly put together a game plan.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, theRalph said:

Irony is so underrated.

It’s slutty and dirty feeling, but honestly…. This current offense stems from the patriots offense. It could actually work with the condition that Beane retains GM roll, and Brady maintains offensive autonomy, and takes over after Belichick beats Shula’s win total. 

It’d feel weird AF to if they won a Super Bowl with that setup too…. Like giving in to the dark side or trading everything at the crossroads. 😂 

6 hours ago, theRalph said:

Irony is so underrated.

It’s slutty and dirty feeling, but honestly…. This current offense stems from the patriots offense. It could actually work with the condition that Beane retains GM roll, and Brady maintains offensive autonomy, and takes over after Belichick beats Shula’s win total. 

It’d feel weird AF to if they won a Super Bowl with that setup too…. Like giving in to the dark side or trading everything at the crossroads. 😂 

• Agree 1

Everyone but Josh would be gone if Bill took the job. That would be amazing to watch. We would finally build a quality defense.

Unfortunately, Bill doesn’t draft high round WRs so Josh would likely struggle. He would also never work under Beane. He would want everyone gone.

Edited by Governor

I wouldn't want Bill here if he wants to be the GM and have total control. If Beane is the GM who controls the roster, then Bill is the perfect candidate to coach the Bills. I don't care that he is 70. I wouldn't care if he brought Josh McDaniel's in as his OC. Maybe Kraft makes him the next Pats coach anyway. Who knows. Give me the guy who has gotten to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them with an elite level QB. Bill is also a much better DC than Sean. He will be motivated to kick the Pats ass twice just to stick it to Kraft. He flat out owns the Jets. These are good things since the Bills play these teams a combined 4 times a year. I would rather have this then make an OC a first time HC. That might work or it might not. You never know.

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The only OC Bill would bring with him would be McDaniels.  At least Bill would find a way to stop an opposing offense in the 4th quarter. He wouldn't tolerate Beane and he'd make the picks which would be a disaster. 

Yeah, but think of all the white WRs we'd have, this place would be at full mast round the clock!

15 hours ago, theRalph said:

Irony is so underrated.

I came in here ready to blast this post... really...  but dammit if it's not a brilliant idea...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I came in here ready to blast this post... really...  but dammit if it's not a brilliant idea...

There is nothing to blast with Bill becoming the next Bills coach. If he wants to be GM, then hell no. Beane does that. As a HC the record speaks for itself when he has a great QB. His defenses will also come up with big stops at critical moments in a game. 

1 hour ago, Homey D. Clown said:

It'd absolutely work, does it make you want vomit, definitely, hell fans would be in such an odd position though I guess if it happened there'd be an offseason to come to terms with it and just bite the bullet and force the bile back down.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Everyone knows the next HC needs to be an offensive minded rookie. 

That will totally fix the game management mistakes!

I don’t think fans realize how unbelievably crappy this situation is. 

If Brady continues to have the Bills offense playing well these last 5 games and more importantly gotten Josh playing at the top of his game, then maybe the next HC of the Bills is already in Buffalo.

14 hours ago, theRalph said:

Don't you think Bill would want full control at his new gig?

Now if you said bring Belichick on board as the DC, I might consider that 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If the Hoodie was 5 years young the obvious answer would be yes, but just not sure a 70+ year head coach is the answer right now especially since it would take at least 2 full seasons for him to have the style of defense he runs in place given how much turnover is needed (and coming) on that side of the ball right now.

23 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Fans don't care about stability - they want Superbowl or bust and go thru cycle again. Owners are Billionaires and can afford new coaches each year.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't you think Bill would want full control at his new gig?

Now if you said bring Belichick on board as the DC, I might consider that 

Beli-CHEAT can be new Director of Spying, Cheating and Dirty Tricks.  He can get a budget for consultant and hire Ernie Adams and use rest for laywers. 

If Bills sign him soon enough he can consult on devices in new stadium!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.