Peacock is having a Black Friday sale for $1.99/month (or $19.99 annually) (regularly $5.99/$59.99)

chongli

So, as we all know, the Bills game at Los Angeles is on Saturday, December 23 exclusively on Peacock. So is the first Wild Card on Saturday, January 13. [This Wild Card is in the early slot and has the least favorable ratings historically. So the small-market and not-so-popular teams often go there, almost always the AFC South champion, if playing in that round. The Bills have also played in that slot three straight years recently, from 2019-21 (vs. Houston, Indy, and New England).]

I researched it, and Peacock is no longer offering a free trial. You have to pay for a subscription, but you can cancel at any time. No contracts. Peacock Plus (which is the basic plan and has all the live sports events) costs $5.99 a month, or $59.99 annually (annual option is payment). They are having a Back Friday sale though for $1.99 a month or $19.99 annually. (The student rate for Peacock is also $1.99 a month, year-round, for the first 12 months: https://www.peacocktv.com/student.)

I know it's only a small difference, but you may want to buy Peacock on Friday and then have time to set it up and test it. Since the Bills game is on December 23, and Black Friday is November 24, the one-month option should work??? I think?? Or you can continue the subscription through January 13 and the Wild Card.

The other (legal) options, as have been mentioned in the past:

1) The Bills game is shown on free, local TV in the Buffalo and Los Angeles primary markets.

2) Go to a sports bar or restaurant, which now are able to show Peacock through Peacock Sports Pass, in partnership with EverPass and UPShow.

3) Some (?) cable/internet and other third-party providers are offering free Peacock Premium:

a.) Spectrum: free for three months (Internet-only subscribers) or a year (cable TV subscribers) (offer expires December 7 -- see my post below) :

https://www.peacocktv.com/spectrum

b.) Xfinity (Comcast): free for two years (offer expires June 25, 2025):

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs

(thanks to @djp14150 for the Xfinity tip)

c.) The following also offer Peacock as well, but I am not sure if it is free or how it works:

https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/cancellation

Amazon

Apple

DIRECTV Satellite

DIRECTV Stream

Google Play

Roku

Xfinity

Xumo TV (XClass TV)

d.) There are probably more options, but I am not in the know.

Here is the Black Friday sale info. I think it is going on already, and am not sure how long it will last. At least through Friday though.

https://www.peacocktv.com/plans/all-monthly

https://www.peacocktv.com/offer/blackfriday

Screenshots:

peacock.jpg

peacock 2.jpg

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 15

I am curious if anyone has tried to watch Sunday Night Football on Peacock.  There are actually three levels of Peacock: Peacock, Peacock+, and Peacock+ Premium.  Peacock is free.  I can go to Peacock and watch some shows...but not others.  Everything I read on SNF says just "Peacock" but then tries to sell Peacock+.  So, do I need to pay?  Or just need the app?  I'll try to remember to check it out this Sunday.

Thanks for the heavy lift, Chongli.  For these two games:

1) Christmas at my sister's on the 23rd...and she has a Peacock subscription.  I'd better check to make sure it's the appropriate level.

2) IF the Bills fall into this Wild Card slot, I'm heading for a sports bar.  I got YouTube TV, I got Prime for Thursdays.  Come on, people.  Enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

1) Christmas at my sister's on the 23rd...and she has a Peacock subscription.  I'd better check to make sure it's the appropriate level.

2) IF the Bills fall into this Wild Card slot, I'm heading for a sports bar.  I got YouTube TV, I got Prime for Thursdays.  Come on, people.  Enough.

No falling into a wildcard spot. Should the Bills make the playoffs they’ll be considered red hot and peaking, after beating the likes of Philly, Kansas City, etc. Not a team anyone would want to play. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Infuriating greed.

What about us out-of-market Bills fans who paid handsomely for NFL Sunday Ticket through YouTubeTV?

Do we now ALSO have to do this stupid Peacock sh*t?

The wonders of modern technology.

Example #46,398 of just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

I've always been resistant to it but I've finally reached the point where I am now perfectly comfortable with pirating streams. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

I've always been resistant to it but I've finally reached the point where I am now perfectly comfortable with pirating streams. 

I try to do things the right way. No judgment at all. But I play by the rules and B word about them when I don't like it.

*I didn't write "B word"... I wrote b*tch.

Edited by BuffaloBillies
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

It’s like they are trying to force us into stealing, because they are so over the top. How many different streaming services are they going to ***** out to? I wouldn’t mind having more than the free Peacock because I enjoy Dan Patrick in the morning. A few months ago he started to be live on radio, but delayed one day on TV. Obviously, getting the Friday show on Monday after a weekend of football is far from ideal. If that is fixed by paying $19.99 for a year, I’d want that. 

However, I think I’m going to draw the line by not getting something (on sale) that I actually want. That is how much I resent the hassle they have created in the name of more money. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I try to do things the right way. No judgment at all.

Agreed. I respect that and up 'til now I have always been the same way.

But when wealthy private entities want to make even more money by charging me to watch events in publicly funded stadiums that I've already paid for?

It seems as if I've finally found my line. 🤔

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

Agreed. I respect that and up 'til now I have always been the same way.

But when wealthy private entities want to make even more money by charging me to watch events in publicly funded stadiums that I've already paid for?

It seems as if I've finally found my line. 🤔

Really good post.  It feels like we've largely failed as consumers.  Inch by inch we've given in and they've taken miles.  I think it's important that you've identified a line for yourself.

I'd imagine we've all been to that line and crossed it too many times for not feeling the momentum that there's enough people with you, drawing that same line.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m betting it won’t be long before your television comes with a coin slot, or tap and pay URS code to watch literally ANYTHING. 🙄

Can recall when I was a little kid my father talking about someday you'll have to pay to watch TV and the coin slot is kind of what I thought he meant.  I'm not sure if at the time he was actually talking about cable or something else, but certainly have gone to a pay model.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, H2o said:

Finding free streaming feeds will suffice :thumbsup:

Exactly what my son, in college, said when I texted him about the $99 deal for Sunday Ticket for college kids, shareable on 5 devices:  "$0 for Stream East."

I'm generally not a pirater either, but like Simon I've reached my limit.  When my kid said that, instead of lecturing I just replied "then slide me the link for the Miami-Raiders game."

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BRH said:

Exactly what my son, in college, said when I texted him about the $99 deal for Sunday Ticket for college kids, shareable on 5 devices:  "$0 for Stream East."

I'm generally not a pirater either, but like Simon I've reached my limit.  When my kid said that, instead of lecturing I just replied "then slide me the link for the Miami-Raiders game."

I could have just told the exact same story with my buddy's son who is still in college.

It took 5 minutes to have that site down pat and at this point I'll likely never go back.

Going to order one of these so I'll be in big screen business shortly.

And I'm not going to feel one bit of remorse or guilt about it.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Really good post.  It feels like we've largely failed as consumers.  Inch by inch we've given in and they've taken miles.  I think it's important that you've identified a line for yourself.

I'd imagine we've all been to that line and crossed it too many times for not feeling the momentum that there's enough people with you, drawing that same line.  

Yeah, it feels like one of those "nobody can take advantage of you without your permission" moments.

I hope 10m people feel the same way and decide to walk.

5 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

Hey, no problem! Glad to help the forum.

As far as tiers are concerned, there are only two levels: Peacock Plus and Peacock Premium Plus. Peacock Plus, despite its name, is the basic tier. It has all the live sports. With Peacock Premium Plus, you also get ad-free watching, downloading for offline watching, and your local NBC channel. So rest assured: your sister has the necessary tier.

https://www.peacocktv.com/plans/all-monthly

Edited by chongli

6 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Spectrum internet subscribers (I know, I'm an old fart) can get 1 year free. I signed up for it, but haven't tested it out yet. I just have to remember to cancel before they charge me.

Yep. It is one year free for cable TV subscribers (other than the Basic tier or TV Essentials product), and three months free for internet-only subscribers. The offer expires December 7.

https://www.peacocktv.com/spectrum

https://www.spectrum.com/packages/peacock-premium-trial

Here is the fine print:

https://www.peacocktv.com/spectrumoffer

You have to remember to cancel though, and that is through Spectrum (I think).

Edited by chongli

55 minutes ago, BRH said:

I’m with you and @Simon on this, fed up. Since I am generally a rule follower, I doubt I’ll steal a feed. I’ll do something they’d like even less, I’ll stop caring. I’m already losing my interest in NFL matters where the Bills are not directly involved. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Simon said:

Yeah, it feels like one of those "nobody can take advantage of you without your permission" moments.

I was at the in laws and they're in their sixties.   Fully capable of streaming but they're tired of the effort.  Another account,  another password to manage,  another payment to remember to eventually cancel.  They've had to get wifi extenders etc.  I'm with you on hoping millions just stop and say enough. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Simon said:

I could have just told the exact same story with my buddy's son who is still in college.

It took 5 minutes to have that site down pat and at this point I'll likely never go back.

Going to order one of these so I'll be in big screen business shortly.

And I'm not going to feel one bit of remorse or guilt about it.

Do you have airplay on your phone?  If so you may be able to cast to the TV instead of using that. If not, just buy this:

Android 10.0 TV Box 4GB RAM 32GB ROM, Q Plus Android Box H616 Quad-core WiFi 2.4GHz Support 6K H.265 HD 2.0 Ethernet https://a.co/d/9X5WcIw

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

"They" are not happy till you are not happy......THAT is thier game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Do you have airplay on your phone?  If so you may be able to cast to the TV instead of using that. If not, just buy this:

Android 10.0 TV Box 4GB RAM 32GB ROM, Q Plus Android Box H616 Quad-core WiFi 2.4GHz Support 6K H.265 HD 2.0 Ethernet https://a.co/d/9X5WcIw

I've messed with airplay a few times at about a 50% success rate. I'm not real tech savvy and its a complication that I'm not willing to endure repeatedly when it can be dismissed with a $15 hunk of wire. Plus if I bought that device, I'd spend a half day of my life just trying to figure out what the hell it is. :D

Always appreciate you looking out for your people, though. 🤙

12 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can recall when I was a little kid my father talking about someday you'll have to pay to watch TV and the coin slot is kind of what I thought he meant.  I'm not sure if at the time he was actually talking about cable or something else, but certainly have gone to a pay model.

back thrn coins got you live action entertainment in a slightly different form at good time Charlie’s…

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Simon said:

I've messed with airplay a few times at about a 50% success rate. I'm not real tech savvy and its a complication that I'm not willing to endure repeatedly when it can be dismissed with a $15 hunk of wire. Plus if I bought that device, I'd spend a half day of my life just trying to figure out what the hell it is. :D

Always appreciate you looking out for your people, though. 🤙

I've walked my dad through remote setup of a slingbox and we are still on speaking terms 😀.  If I can do that I am pretty sure we could handle a simple android TV hookup. PM me if you change your mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.