Joe Burrow out for the season

HappyDays

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You don’t think the Bills have a “decent shot” at home vs Dallas?  What’s a decent shot?  40% chance of wining?  We absolutely have a decent shot of winning that game.  It’s not like anyone has beaten the brakes off of us.  We’re 1-2 plays each game from being undefeated.  

I said at best 50-50.  Dallas looks really good and they don’t usually choke till the playoffs. 

1-2 plays away doesn’t matter especially since outside of Cincy none of the other teams are considered top tier teams.  Heck you should have blown out NE and NY. 

26 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Can I ask why you say the Cowboys are a decent shot? They have a very good O and a scary scary D. I give the Bills a boxers chance, but wouldn’t be shocked if Dallas win either.. at be at a 50/50. I like the Bills chance against the Dolphins more. Just my opinion of course. 

I think the Bills and Cowboys are very similar. They have all the right "traits" and "fundamentals," but neither has been that impressive this year. I think the Cowboys are "good," but they've had a strange year, with blowout wins against bad teams and some very bad losses. Like the Bills, you don't know which team will show up. 

I think both teams can win that game, and with the Bills at home and still "in the hunt,"  I think they'd be a decent favorite to win. 

On the other hand, the Dolphins offense scares the crap out of me. Yes, the Bills played by far their best game of the season against them, but that was before losing their best three players on defense. It's a bad match-up, and I cringe to think the Bills might need a win in Miami to make the playoffs. I almost hope Miami would be in a position to rest their starters (I'll go throw up now).

Shows how unlucky Bills were with the schedule this year.  Broncos early and Bengals early or late are wins instead of losses.  Tough to go into NYC on Monday night on anniversary of 9/11 with all the Rogers hype.  Plus the London travesty. 

BUT a schedule doesn’t get you into the Super Bowl.  We could have had three games against MAC opponents and it doesn’t turn this team into a Super Bowl contender.

Just now, st pete gogolak said:

Shows how unlucky Bills were with the schedule this year.  Broncos early and Bengals early or late are wins instead of losses.  Tough to go into NYC on Monday night on anniversary of 9/11 with all the Rogers hype.  Plus the London travesty. 

BUT a schedule doesn’t get you into the Super Bowl.  We could have had three games against MAC opponents and it doesn’t turn this team into a Super Bowl contender.

The Bills lost to the Jets, who were without Rodgers for the majority of the game, in week one. They lost to the Pats who are, for the most part, utterly useless. They were defeated by the Broncos who had, earlier in the series, allowed the Dolphins to put 70 up against them. Save weeks two to four, they have not been in position to take advantage of any good luck which comes their way.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I said at best 50-50.  Dallas looks really good and they don’t usually choke till the playoffs. 

1-2 plays away doesn’t matter especially since outside of Cincy none of the other teams are considered top tier teams.  Heck you should have blown out NE and NY. 

Cowboys are much better at home.  I don't see Dallas as that good of a team coming to Buffalo in December.

Home pts for avg: 40

Away pts for avg: 21.8

Home pts allowed: 12.5

Away pts allowed avg: 23 (and this is including giving 0 up to the Giants.  If you remove that game they are giving up 28.75 on average on the road)

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

The Chiefs are not going to blow out Philly.

You haven't been paying attention....now is the time of year they turn on the switch and are virtually unbeatable just like the Patriots and Brady teams of years past. Which is a scary thought considering how dominant that defense is already playing.

17 minutes ago, Success said:

If it's NOT our year, I have no problem w/ KC winning again.  That level gets harder & harder to sustain.  Other teams like to acquire title-winning players.

And if we somehow manage to squeak into the playoffs now - I like our chances a little better w/ Cincy out of the picture.  I feel for them, though.  Same kind of market as the Bills, and same empty trophy case.  This is a gut punch for any team's fans.

I have a problem with it because it adds credence to the whole theory that Mahomes is going to go down as the best player in pro sports/NFL history. Plus it doesn't help matters that their GM keeps drafting all pro superstars year after year while most NFL teams hope to just land serviceable starters.

I was a Mahomes doubter since day one (if anything because I knew the Bills traded him to KC) but all this guy and team keeps doing is winning and they are set up to do something that no team has ever done and win 3 or more SB's in a row assuming they get a 2nd straight this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

We lost the the ***** Jests, Pats and Broncos who are are all trash....unlucky or just a ***** team?

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The AFC seems ripe for the pickings this season.  Its a shame the Bills have stumbled so much.  Maybe the Ravens are the team to beat?

Honestly, that's the most annoying part about this news.  The Bills who beat Miami in week 4 would have won the AFC easily, and maybe given San Fran a run in the Super Bowl.

Instead, the Bills decided that their Super Bowl was against Miami and have gotten progressively worse in a year where the AFC could have been theirs.

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

sad to see star players go out for the season, even if it helps the Bills

This just makes the product worse league wide. 

Not every coach quits on his team due injuries to stars though. There are some interesting unexpected results sometimes 

Bengals have some terrible luck when it comes to QBs injuring hand ligaments

Same thing happened to Andy Dalton when they were like 10-3 or something like that. He ended up missing the entire season and their one playoff game. 

Dalton was never really the same

Edited by TheFunPolice

21 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

It helps, but the fact is the Bills need to win games against good teams.  In the past 2 months they have struggled and lost against bad teams.  

If the Bills win games, they get in.

We can literally ***** the 7th seed in 2 weeks if win and certain team loses especially the browns and colts

6 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Feel bad for Joe, but I'm absolutely giddy that that fan base gets to suffer

I went to the game in Cincinnati.  Most were good sports but they had their fair share of unbridled idiots. I was unlucky to sit near obnoxious drunks.   :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.