Meanwhile, over in Jests land...

Low Positive

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Or they beat the Raiders (whose O is god awful) and they always play the Bills hard so they could be 6-4 and in second place in the division.. (at worst they be 5-5 I can’t see the raiders beating that D)

Crosby will probably be a big problem for their OL and that could lead to turnovers which could give the Raiders a short field. The Jets offense is crap.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Look at it from a global standpoint? What does that mean?

Why does it matter if he would have hard feelings or not?

It means this team isn't winning anything with Trevor Simien or Zach Wilson under center but they already know who Simien is.  Developing Wilson in hopes he figures it out is more meaningful than winning one more game with Simien.  Likely this is the position that was dictated to Saleh from ownership.

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

It's that the HC of an NFL team couldn't get "Zach gives us the best chance to win" out of his mouth. I'm not laughing at the Jets. I'm laughing at Salah's inability to not create national news. This was a front-page story on both ESPN and SI.com.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

A 40-year-old coming back from a torn Achillies in less than 4 months. I can't see it happening. If he does by some miracle come back, there is an excellent chance he will hurt it again. They lose to the Raiders this Sunday night to go 4-5 and then lose at Buffalo to go 4-6 what would be the point of him coming back in a losing year.

he will be cured after spending 3 days here…of course, after the equinox so it will be in darkness.

2322930.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

A 40-year-old coming back from a torn Achillies in less than 4 months. I can't see it happening. If he does by some miracle come back, there is an excellent chance he will hurt it again. They lose to the Raiders this Sunday night to go 4-5 and then lose at Buffalo to go 4-6 what would be the point of him coming back in a losing year.

I doubt they lose to the Raiders, FWIW.

Edited by vincec

There’s a chance, small as it may be, that Nathaniel Hackett is the issue. You must remember how awful he was, right? You

must not forget. He is an AWFUL coach. AWFUL. Zach isn’t well liked, he’s not respected, but he does have some talent. Hackett couldn’t get talent out of his own hands if he was holding it, let alone Zach Wilson. 

I hate that I typed any of this. 

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

reason: Rodgers loves Zach and Rodgers is Zach's idol. 

No matter what, if/when Rodgers is ready to come back Zach would 100% step aside without any hard feelings because he's one of Aaron's biggest fans. 

Even if the Jets were 10-3 under Wilson that's his hero and he would look at it as having done his part to keep the team alive for Rodgers return. 

A week ago, Rodgers said he wasn't even jogging yet.  Why on earth would he come back (in what...week 13? 15?) for a lost season?

Makes no sense

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

He's not even a lovable meathead like Dan Campbell.

Campbell's a legit coach.  COTY material.

Saleh is that guy at Planet Fitness....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

I give Saleh a lot of credit for the coaching job he's done to get this team to 5-4, but anyone thinking they can make the playoffs and make a run has not been following the the offensive brand of football in the NFL for the past 10 years. 

I don't know. At least in that game the Jets looked like a poorly coached team.  All the penalties. Guys don't even know where to line up. Tons of false starts. Even given their QB situation, they looked like a train wreck.

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Oh, I'm not saying it's smart or that I agree with it. But IMO it's 100% because Rodgers backs Zach and is giving the strong impression that he'll be back soon. Those in charge (maybe the owner or GM) are making sure this happens unless it becomes untenable. 

Rodgers has gone out of his way to defend Zach on his weekly MacAfee appearances.

The team is doing everything it can to please Aaron.

Talk about allowing an inmate to run the asylum:  the Jests hired Rodgers' buddy, Hackett, to run the offense and Cobb and Lazard to play WR.   Of course they'll keep Aaron's fanboy.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gregg said:

So I tore mine and recall the doc saying the thread they use to sew it back together is stronger than the actual tendon so not likely he tears the same one.  But could tear the other one or pull hamstring or something else, much better chance of something like that happening.  After my first one I kind of gave up on weekend sports as didn't want to risk tearing the other one and going through all that again.  And I was younger than Rodgers even! LOL

13 hours ago, vincec said:

I doubt they lose to the Raiders, FWIW.

They should have lost the Giants game. If KT doesn't jump offside on the play where Zach completed a pass to midfield then they run out of time and lose. You see how bad the Giants are. I wouldn't be shocked who wins this game. Neither team is good.

• Agree 2

wfan absolutely trashed the Bills today. Evan and Tiki show. I gotta find the clip but they trashed Allen , Evan said they should trade him lmao.. 

Otherwise it has been glorious listening,  they all guaranteed a Jest victory.  

P.S- can't stand the kay show, him ,Don and Rosenturd are brutal but props to him for asking that question 

10 hours ago, Success said:

We really have to win the next 2.  I can out-excuse anyone here, but there are no excuses if we're not 7-4 before that Philly game.

Facts.

Absolutely must wins. And Idk the last time I said that

And a Philly L wouldn't kill us. Still feel we'd win though. Go into the bye 7-5 or 8-4 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

wfan absolutely trashed the Bills today. Evan and Tiki show. I gotta find the clip but they trashed Allen , Evan said they should trade him lmao.. 

Otherwise it has been glorious listening,  they all guaranteed a Jest victory.  

P.S- can't stand the kay show, him ,Don and Rosenturd are brutal but props to him for asking that question 

Facts.

Absolutely must wins. And Idk the last time I said that

And a Philly L wouldn't kill us. Still feel we'd win though. Go into the bye 7-5 or 8-4 

Evan is a diehard Jets fan so it's no surprise he hates the Bills. 

15 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Evan is a diehard Jets fan so it's no surprise he hates the Bills. 

Oh i know, so is BT on before them. It's funny they never mention Allen as a top QB but their partners will. 

I always end my calls with Thank God your Jets took Sam Darnold over Joshua Patrick Allen,  Take care 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Guessing ownership. Probably told him he had to make it work with Wilson. Once they are satisfied it’s not going to happen, then they can move on. Woody Johnson has always been clueless and unethical as an NFL owner. I was surprised when Saleh took that job. It is one of the few HC jobs in the NFL that up and coming coaches should be wary of accepting due to ownership. 

Bingo.

For those saying it's because Saleh has a love affair with Wilson or because Wilson has some kind of special connection with Rodgers ... lol come on.

The Jets spent the 2nd overall pick in the draft on Wilson. He's in his 3rd year in the league. They're giving him a final shot.

After starting Mike White over him last year, if they started Trevor Semien over him this year it would tank any remaining value he has and destroy his confidence even worse. They're playing the long game. Ownership isn't thinking 2023 season ... they want to see if they actually have something in Zach or not in a doomsday Rodgers injury scenario.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Bingo.

For those saying it's because Saleh has a love affair with Wilson or because Wilson has some kind of special connection with Rodgers ... lol come on.

The Jets spent the 2nd overall pick in the draft on Wilson. He's in his 3rd year in the league. They're giving him a final shot.

After starting Mike White over him last year, if they started Trevor Semien over him this year it would tank any remaining value he has and destroy his confidence even worse. They're playing the long game. Ownership isn't thinking 2023 season ... they want to see if they actually have something in Zach or not in a doomsday Rodgers injury scenario.

It's got to be killing Jets fans watching CJ Stroud show that he will be the guy in Houston and doing it in his rookie year.

Edited by Gregg

On 11/8/2023 at 1:03 PM, Gregg said:

With the NYC meida involved, logic does not prevail most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Zach Wilson stinks, so lets start there. But Saleh has been/encouraged kicking Wilson in the nuts all the time. I do think Wilson has shown enough that I wouldn't be furious if he joined the Bills as a back up and tried to get right. He has shown some ability. 

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Zach Wilson stinks, so lets start there. But Saleh has been/encouraged kicking Wilson in the nuts all the time. I do think Wilson has shown enough that I wouldn't be furious if he joined the Bills as a back up and tried to get right. He has shown some ability. 

giphy.gif

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I'll remember to use that meme next time you suggest Beli-CHEAT working for the Bills.

Difference between Bill and Zach is one will go to the HOF as the GOAT HC and the other will continue to amount to nothing as a QB in this league.

26 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Difference between Bill and Zach is one will go to the HOF as the GOAT HC and the other will continue to amount to nothing as a QB in this league.

If NFL had ethics of baseball he would have been banned a long time ago.  I know there are fans of Pete Rose who still want him in Hall of Fame.

Just now, Limeaid said:

If NFL had ethics of baseball he would have been banned a long time ago.  I know there are fans of Pete Rose who still want him in Hall of Fame.

I agree that Rose shouldn't have held a position in baseball after what he did (manager ,GM ,broadcaster) but he should have been inducted into the HOF for what he did as a player. OJ is in the HOF and what he did was the worst thing you could do.

23 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Bingo.

IMO it's pretty clear that the Jests don't have much of anything in Wilson.  If he wasn't a #2 overall pick, he'd be a third stringer ... or hanging out on a practice squad.   The more he plays, the clearer it becomes that he lacks the intangible traits a successful NFL QB needs. 

16 hours ago, Gregg said:

I agree that Rose shouldn't have held a position in baseball after what he did (manager ,GM ,broadcaster) but he should have been inducted into the HOF for what he did as a player. OJ is in the HOF and what he did was the worst thing you could do.

I think the reason that OJ is in the HOF is that he was inducted long before he murdered 2 people.  Rose wasn't yet in the HOF when he was charged with cheating.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Gregg said:

What OJ did has nothing to do with the game of football, Pete on the other hand may have. I don't mind Pete going into the HOF as a player but the problem is the voters don't just see Pete as a player but they also classify him as a manager and his gambling as a manager is the issue, now he might have gambled as a player too and if so then he rightfully should not be in the HOF. 

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

IMO it's pretty clear that the Jests don't have much of anything in Wilson.  If he wasn't a #2 overall pick, he'd be a third stringer ... or hanging out on a practice squad.   The more he plays, the clearer it becomes that he lacks the intangible traits a successful NFL QB needs. 

I think the reason that OJ is in the HOF is that he was inducted long before he murdered 2 people.  Rose wasn't yet in the HOF when he was charged with cheating.

They could have removed OJ from the HOF if they wanted to, I would guess. Look at what Penn St did with Paterno. When that scandal came out with one his coaches sexually abusing students and he supposedly knew about it. Penn St removed him from their history books in a NY minute. Paterno was a legend for the longest time there.

Edited by Gregg

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

I'd like to see what the result and repercussion would have been had he been convicted of the double murder. I would hope the decision would have been different and he would have been removed, but we will never know.

The court of public opinion convicted him. The court of common sense confirms it. We all know he's guilty. However the final statline on it reads "not guilty" and as much of a dark cloud as it is, it would open the door for a lot more people being removed over being simply accused of serious crimes...guilty or not. Slippery slope.

• Agree 1

On 11/9/2023 at 2:55 PM, Mango said:

Justin  Fields will be available  cheap also.  At least his style is somewhat like Josh in the ability to run.  Fields lacks the arm however, and Wilson seems to lack the head.

• Agree 1

On 11/9/2023 at 2:55 PM, Mango said:

Zach Wilson would make Bills fans pine for the days of Kyle Allen 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 11/8/2023 at 2:59 PM, Buffalo716 said:

And.. it's not like the Russian Olympic committee is the bastion of sportsmanship...

Russia is banned from the Olympics for cheating so they had to create an roc team...

Me think they also pumped this guy full of every single Russian steroid, walrus sperm, pterodactyl wings and whatever black magic they use

Not unlike what a lot of NFL teams do....

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Justin  Fields will be available  cheap also.  At least his style is somewhat like Josh in the ability to run.  Fields lacks the arm however, and Wilson seems to lack the head.

Fields sucks. Tyson Bagent has 2 wins in 4 starts

Fields is 6-25 as a starter for a whopping win percentage of .19. Yeah the Bears are bad but he was drafted to a playoff team the year before he got there. Decent talent on that roster and the QB added nothing 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.