The Bills are done, stick a fork in them

HopefulFuture

3 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Bills fans wait 30 years for a great QB to come to town and then want to trade him for draft picks.

The sheer idiocy of this mentality ....

simon cowell facepalm GIF

My list is up to five separate posters who have made this argument today. After one 6-point road loss in week 9. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Funny you say this is the reality when it is completely, 100% an opinion, based on very little actual information. The current Bills have shown they can win, shown they can have a top offense and top defense, shown they can win the division, shown they can win playoff games, and shown that they can beat contending teams, including top teams like the Chiefs.

So, your answer is to fire everyone and trade away two elite players, including a franchise QB, for draft picks in the hopes that Pegula and the team 1) Hire the right GM, 2) Hire the right coach (and who would want to come here if you trade away all the best players, including a franchise QB?), and 3) find another franchise QB in the draft, and 4) find another elite WR.

For one thing, even if you get all of that right, which is almost impossible to do without missing a bunch, it would take years to get the Bills back to the level of contention they are at now, with poor odds thay they could surpass the current regime.

What a horrible, ridiculous, childish, and foolish take. Shame on you. We are all dumber for reading that. Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

KC has Super Bowl rings.....the Bills? Not so much. As a matter of fact, the Bills haven't been to a championship game since the early 90's.

And there's another brilliant move by the Bills, trading the pick away to move down in the draft to pick up an extra worthless pick, passing on Mahomes. Just straight out dumb, even if it wasn't known at the time what Mahomes would become, which of course is a much better QB than Allen. Sometimes the truth hurts, the pain runs deep.

Your stench compromises this forum. Please save us your analysis of draft picks after the fact. You denigrate the players, the team’s record  over a 4 year period and your fellow fans that represent a great fan base in a small market.. You’re just an angry person, unhappy with your own underachieving life and you lash out with silly remarks hoping to get someone to agree with you. Imagine someone critiquing your working life, telling you what an abject failure you are. No one takes you seriously but when you frivolously write these ultra talented, driven athletes off, many of whom are devoted to community service, you embarrass this entire forum. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Your stench compromises this forum. Please save us your analysis of draft picks after the fact. You denigrate the players, the team’s record  over a 4 year period and your fellow fans that represent a great fan base in a small market.. You’re just an angry person, unhappy with your own underachieving life and you lash out with silly remarks hoping to get someone to agree with you. Imagine someone critiquing your working life, telling you what an abject failure you are. No one takes you seriously but when you frivolously write these ultra talented, driven athletes off, many of whom are devoted to community service, you embarrass this entire forum. 

The receipts speak for themselves I'm afraid. 

Based upon the recent comments of McDermott in the press conference, I retract my previous post that had game predictions in it.

Anyone who stops something successful for offense in a game to try something else just on a whim and admits it needs to be fired.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

2 hours ago, HopefulFuture said:

KC has Super Bowl rings.....the Bills? Not so much. As a matter of fact, the Bills haven't been to a championship game since the early 90's.

And there's another brilliant move by the Bills, trading the pick away to move down in the draft to pick up an extra worthless pick, passing on Mahomes. Just straight out dumb, even if it wasn't known at the time what Mahomes would become, which of course is a much better QB than Allen. Sometimes the truth hurts, the pain runs deep.

Obvious troll here. After a loss you guys love to come out in full force. BTW Was Jan 14th, 2021 a fever dream?

11 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

I hope you have more patience with your loved ones than with team you supposedly root for. Somehow I doubt it.  Remember your silly remarks when the team has success. Thanks for wasting everyone’s time.

It took 53 years to arrive at this place. 53 years. Are you sure you looked up, read, and fully understand the definition of the word "patience". Asking for a loved one, of course......

11 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

Obvious troll here. After a loss you guys love to come out in full force. BTW Was Jan 14th, 2021 a fever dream?

We've had a lot of losses before I posted my opinion. Especially clutch game losses. I get it, many wouldn't like my opinion, but it's hardly trolling to express my view of the state of the organization. If it were, I would have posted after 13 seconds, or any number of pivotal losses, I didn't. I was patient, waiting to see improvement, it hasn't materialized.

Agree, disagree, I shrug my shoulders, because in either case it won't change my view. In order for that to happen, the organizations results will have to change.

Edited by HopefulFuture

23 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Everybody posting in this thread needs to go back and read the OP. Do this many Bills fans actually agree with trading Josh Allen for the Bears' two firsts and conducting a down-to-the-studs rebuild? One 6-point loss drove everyone to this level of insanity. Listen, I'm upset too. But that's just crazy talk and I have seen multiple people on here propose just this. People do know that most 1st round QBs actually bust, don't they?

What if Beane also offers to take back Edmunds? 🤔

Would you buy that for a dollar? 😉

On 11/6/2023 at 3:36 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

Losing Milano and DQ determined the season.

Possibly but the Bills defense is not the reason they lost against the Bengals and Jags and the defense was not the reason the Giants and Bucs games were closer than they needed to be. The only loss where the defense is to at least partly blame is the Pats loss. The offense has the talent it is just not designed well, not called well and the players at times not executing well. 

With Douglas coming in to fill for Tre and Joseph alleviating Jones run stuffing (I know Jones does more than run stuffing but Joseph at least gives you that run defense back) the defense is a good enough unit to win games if the offense plays up to its potential. So despite no Milano and DQ the defense is for the most part holding up its end of the bargain so to speak. 

IF (and this is a big if) the offense gets going the Bills can and will win games. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/6/2023 at 12:18 AM, HopefulFuture said:

I've watched these past 4 years, the window isn't closing, it's closed.

Allen isn't the answer. Good QB, but he can't win the clutch games. Oh I know fans will throw a multitude of excuses....coaching, personnel, and each have merit on their own right.

Beans and McD need to go, so does Allen. Let Diggs go to. Get what you can in trade value. That should be solid building blocks if the right management team and coaching staff are assembled.

Many will hate this opinion, but if your not accepting the reality of the current situation, then your living your Bills Fandom in la la land.

The current organizational make up, from management and coaching to roster personnel is not taking this team anywhere.

I know, hate it, hate me and a growing number that share this opinion, but it won't change the reality on the ground. This team is going nowhere, and the past 4+ years outcomes project this.

The time for denial is over. It's time to move on to acceptance.

Just another game as evidence my opinion on the organization is correct. Sad actually, because the team showed some real promise as the Josh Era moved along. But the mistakes by players, the poor play calling and situational awareness from the coaching staff, and the failures to address critical team needs from the GM such as a 2nd true receiver to both give Josh options as well as take some pressure off Diggs are just a few of the issues here.

Trade Allen, while you can get a good return for him. I wouldn't even have bothered to draw this thread back to page 1 if I didn't feel fans weren't watching what is happening and denying it. There is 0 reason this offense shouldn't be crushing teams like Denver, like New England, and yet, here we are.

But it's not "just" McD and Beane. It's the players as well. Specifically Allen, but there are others. These repeated turnovers aren't solely on coaching.

I hate to say this, because even I like the guy, but it's like beating a dead horse, Allen, while a good QB, is not the answer. There are just way to many boneheaded plays by him. Again, in my most humbled opinion.

Edited by HopefulFuture
  • Dislike 1

Well, Allen is not playing well for most of this year.  He looks scared out there.  I don't know why that is - he was even struggling to hand the ball off tonight.  Is it Dorsey?  I don't know, but I know this team will not be making the playoffs this year.  Some changes need to be made, and Dorsey will be the first chip to fall.

This team will not win another game the rest of the year and the rebuilding will happen without McD and Dorsey and a lot of other dead weight on this team will get the axe, all the old guys on this team are history.  This team is to slow, old and over paid with bad free agent signings,  VON MILLER!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

This was not difficult to see coming to be honest. It starts with the GM. The coaching staff, the players are all products of the GM and their staff.

Instead of hiring a defensive minded coach, you need an offensive minded coach, especially with a player like Allen. You then build the receiving corps, a strong backfield and a top notch O line 

Contrary to popular belief, defenses don't win you championships, scoring more than your opponents does.

What's happened here in Buffalo was very predictable.

Edited by HopefulFuture

• 2 weeks later...

Allen isn't the answer. Good QB, but he can't win the clutch games. Oh I know fans will throw a multitude of excuses....coaching, personnel, and each have merit on their own right.

Beans and McD need to go, so does Allen. Let Diggs go to. Get what you can in trade value. That should be solid building blocks if the right management team and coaching staff are assembled.

Many will hate this opinion, but if your not accepting the reality of the current situation, then your living your Bills Fandom in la la land.

The current organizational make up, from management and coaching to roster personnel is not taking this team anywhere.

I know, hate it, hate me and a growing number that share this opinion, but it won't change the reality on the ground. This team is going nowhere, and the past 4+ years outcomes project this.

Hate to say I told ya'll so.....

But I told ya'll so

• Haha (+1) 2

We should fire fans who think like this with McDermott lol...allen is the best qb this franchise has ever had and a top 2 qb in football lol....too bad we have bad coaching as his career is being wasted

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

We should fire fans who think like this with McDermott lol...allen is the best qb this franchise has ever had and a top 2 qb in football lol....too bad we have bad coaching as his career is being wasted

Abso-fricken-lutely!

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

There should be a middle finger Emoji.....🖕

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.