Bills @ Bengals postgame thread

Simon

19 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

My plan: trade Allen to Chicago for their two first, a second an next year's first.

Fire the entire administration and start over. Because let's face it. They're a dead team walking short and medium term.

I actually agree with you from the perceptive that it might be the best move for Allen. The guy has given his all for the Bills and I doubt he's ever going to win let alone be in a Super Bowl with this franchise.  At least not with McD & Bean running the show.

But if the Pegula's ever did decide to clean house I would want Allen to stay and let the new administration build their team around him.

22 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

My plan: trade Allen to Chicago for their two first, a second an next year's first.

Fire the entire administration and start over. Because let's face it. They're a dead team walking short and medium term.

This is insane. You do know this is insane right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, DapperCam said:

That’s a given. If we are lucky, then we will be 7-7 and looking at 3 winnable games to make the playoffs, maybe win the division.

if that's a given, we have no SB chance.  Gotta be able to beat the beswt teams.  gotta Win 3 of the next 5 to be 8-6 or better even

7 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Frustration from BillsMafia is high so I can only imagine what it’s like in the locker room.

i have no direct knowledge but it sure seems like the offensive philosophy is lacking and questionable. McDermott and Dorsey want to run this 12 personnel with a slow and methodical run/ pass balance and limit Josh’s running ability.

The problem is that’s not who they are or what works best for them. This should be a uptempo offense putting major pressure on the D. Josh has needed more investment in the OL and more playmakers on offense outside of Diggs. When Diggs gets taken away then it’s all on Josh. Outside of Diggs, your rookie TE and check downs to Cook, no one else is stepping up consistently.

No creativity no jet sweeps with the fast wr no power josh runs with pulling lineman. No Beasley crossing the middle. 

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Right!

Sal is the king of saying things that are technically true but totally ignore context.

Nobody watching that game tonight who isn't a Bills fan thinks it was a back and forth battle.

The Bengals dominated the game and when we got close near the end they slammed the door with what looked like ease. 

Mixon blows. 

Just now, Goin Breakdown said:

Screw McD. He's saying he doesn't know why they didn't use hurry up more often. He's have to look into it later as he also noticed they moved it better. YOURE THE COACH  

And while your looking Coach, how about you take the doughnut Gabe off the field and get Harty in there? 

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

if that's a given, we have no SB chance.  Gotta be able to beat the beswt teams.  gotta Win 3 of the next 5 to be 8-6 or better even

We have no (realistic) SB chance.

Best chance is to make it and hope Allen gets extremely hot.

• Dislike 1

Anyone who thinks the Defense is the problem with this team is kidding themselves.

Even with losing our best defensive player at every level of the defense, the problem is the offense.

Blame Josh,  Dorsey, Beane, whomever you want...this offense is clearly regressing.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I know it will be all doom and gloom and fire everybody mood here right now but I don’t share it.

To me the team was prepared today, we fought a tough battle vs very good team on the road. We were not dominated. We had another key injury in Bernard early + Hyde late, Josh made one big mistake (INT), they had one great defensive play (Kincaid fumble).

I actually liked our offense. Shakir and Kincaid showed progress again. We need to incorporate new players into defense and finally stop having bad luck with key injuries. And once the playoff comes, Von Miller makes that key stop on 3rd down with 2 mins to go.

I think we just hit rock bottom record wise. Now every game is just a fight for a playoffs spot, and if we get there, which I have no doubt about, we will be battle tested and in form.

I believe in this team.

So what you're saying is that we earned our participation trophy?

Another thought, for those Bitching about the D.   Burrow was dead nuts on most of throws.   His receivers are big and fast.   Thier OC 

called a pretty good game.  Yet they didnt run way on the scoreboard and half the starting D along with their backups were out.   

Put Cinci's offense against thier own D and your looking at 35 points

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

2 turnovers were the difference.  Minus those 2 plays, I think we win.

these injuries are out of control tho 😞 

Agree. The DK fumble was a back breaker. Great effort by the rook tonite , but the situational awareness was missing at that moment. He’ll learn from it , but it stings right now. They were probably a minute or so away from a 4 point game with a lot of the final quarter left to play. Very well could have snuck out with an ugly win. The D just can’t stop anything right now and takeaways / sacks have dried up. 

I thought largely the offensive line played well. 

Allen had clean pockets 2/3rds of the time it felt. 

McDermott is saying it right now - ughhh rhythm, uggh at times it didn't look like people weren't open. 

When you watch the film can you see the 1/11 that is giving you literally 0?

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I thought largely the offensive line played well. 

Allen had clean pockets 2/3rds of the time it felt. 

McDermott is saying it right now - ughhh rhythm, uggh at times it didn't look like people weren't open. 

When you watch the film can you see the 1/11 that is giving you literally 0?

It’s Dorsey. The players know it, McD knows it, Josh knows it. It’s gonna come to a head.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

Another thought, for those Bitching about the D.   Burrow was dead nuts on most of throws.   His receivers are big and fast.   Thier OC 

called a pretty good game.  Yet they didnt run way on the scoreboard and half the starting D along with their backups were out.   

Cincy was the same in this game as against the Seahawks. 

They're really scary in the first quarter, and then they don't do anything in the second half. 

Once teams see that all Burrow does is checkdown, and Mixon is slug, they don't do anything. 

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I am halfway in between on this. 

I don't see some juggernaut in the Bengals. 

Their pass rush did very little. 

And when the Bills wanted to go fast, they moved the ball. 

THEY HAVE TO START GETTING GABE DAVIS OFF THE FIELD. 

And they need to keep Von Miller on the bench.  When he's on the field he's a liability. The Bengal's RT dominated him and he failed to make a play on 2 critical 3rd down plays that had he made the play the Bills get the stop and the outcome of the game might be very different. 

*  The 1st play was the 3rd & 5 that Burrow ran for a 1st down when the Bengals had their backs to their own end zone.  Miller tried running around the RT and took himself completely out of the play allowing Burrow an easy run. The Bengals went on to drive to about midfield and flipped the field punting the Bills down to their 9 yard line.

*  The 2nd play was when he took a hard inside rush on the Bengals last 1st down that sealed the game.  If he plays it straight up it would have been a tackle for a 2 yard loss and the Bills may have gotten the ball for one last try.

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

His WRs were also wide open all night long, is that not a problem?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

On the crazy side, the jest are a half game out of 1st place in the afc east. 

Tell me about it.  As mediocre as we’ve been the past month, I will be SHOCKED if Zach Wilson comes into Buffalo and beats us there.  Playing the Bengals in Cincy in Primetime may end up being our toughest game in all of the regular season. Their crowd sounded juiced tonight, Burrow is back in form, and their coaching staff is great too.  With that said, I’m hopeful this team is starting to find its offensive identity and can rally around some of the recent reinforcements.

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I actually agree with you from the perceptive that it might be the best move for Allen. The guy has given his all for the Bills and I doubt he's ever going to win let alone be in a Super Bowl with this franchise.  At least not with McD & Bean running the show.

But if the Pegula's ever did decide to clean house I would want Allen to stay and let the new administration build their team around him.

And he’s being sent to Chicago? What’s Josh done to deserve that?

I’m going to make a hot take. I don’t blame Dorsey. I think - with no proof - that McDermott is calling for the offense to slow the clock to protect the defense. Everyone knows what gets this offense into rhythm. No huddles, designed runs from Josh, fast play. It worked on the first drive so why abandon it? Is Dorsey that stupid? Some may say yes, but I don’t think so. McDermott baulked that the weakened defense would buckle so wanted the offense to slow down and pile up the TOP.

For me, McDermott has to accept the Bills best chance of winning games is accepting a shootout. Do that against the Pats and the Bills would have won. Defeat tonight in isolation is fine. I bet most of us had it down as a loss when the schedule came out. Probably expected to find the Rodgers-led Jets a problem in week one and the London trip a banana skin too. It’s the Pats defeat which means a surprise win is really required. It just didn’t come tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Right!

Sal is the king of saying things that are technically true but totally ignore context.

Nobody watching that game tonight who isn't a Bills fan thinks it was a back and forth battle.

The Bengals dominated the game and when we got close near the end they slammed the door with what looked like ease. 

That’s how I saw it. We held Cincinnati until it was a one score game. Then their offense looked like their first 2 drives. I think if Kincaid had not fumbled and we scored on that earlier drive, Cincinnati would’ve scored after our score. I would have been very surprised if we actually stopped them when it was a one score game in the second half. 

Also,  I have to admit, Cincinnati’s coach doesn’t fall into the “playing not to lose” mindset that many coaches fall into. 

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Anyone who thinks the Defense is the problem with this team is kidding themselves.

Even with losing our best defensive player at every level of the defense, the problem is the offense.

Blame Josh,  Dorsey, Beane, whomever you want...this offense is clearly regressing.

Zero running game, your 2nd receiver with zero receptions doesn't help.  Josh didn't play well in my book, but when your QB has over twice as many rushing yards as your running backs, then its usually not going to be a good day. 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Cincy was the same in this game as against the Seahawks. 

They're really scary in the first quarter, and then they don't do anything in the second half. 

Once teams see that all Burrow does is checkdown, and Mixon is slug, they don't do anything. 

burrow was a slug week six due to his calf....

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And they need to keep Von Miller on the bench.  When he's on the field he's a liability. The Bengal's RT dominated him and he failed to make a play on 2 critical 3rd down plays that had he made the play the Bills get the stop and the outcome of the game might be very different. 

*  The 1st play was the 3rd & 5 that Burrow ran for a 1st down when the Bengals had their backs to their own end zone.  Miller tried running around the RT and took himself completely out of the play allowing Burrow an easy run. The Bengals went on to drive to about midfield and flipped the field punting the Bills down to their 9 yard line.

*  The 2nd play was when he took a hard inside rush on the Bengals last 1st down that sealed the game.  If he plays it straight up it would have been a tackle for a 2 yard loss and the Bills may have gotten the ball for one last try.

Miller is a month away from contributing this season. Gotta get him time in games though; practice these days isn’t gonna cut it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Tell me about it.  As mediocre as we’ve been the past month, I will be SHOCKED if Zach Wilson comes into Buffalo and beats us there.  Playing the Bengals in Cincy in Primetime may end up being our toughest game in all of the regular season. Their crowd sounded juiced tonight, Burrow is back in form, and their coaching staff is great too.  With that said, I’m hopeful this team is starting to find its offensive identity and can rally around some of the recent reinforcements.

Punting!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.