Bills @ Bengals Game Thread - 2nd Half

Simon

Just now, Alpo Chino said:

Explain how an extra timeout isn't more valuable challenging a very questionable catch. You won't be able to.

Cincy ran the clock out. Would have even with ONE timeout. All that timeout would have done was create more commercial time for nbc. Done. 

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

miller shouldnt have been out there at the end

He’s likely toast. Burrow knew he could only press up the field and gladly took off to run for a first down once Miller went straight up the field like he has since he’s come back. It’s a straight run, no cutting, no power, nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

This is why other fans & analysts don't believe in the Bills but constantly dismissed KC & Cincy's struggles.

Everyone knows Burrow & Mahomes are calm, collected & will self-correct. When healthy, they're proven teams.

The Bills aren't like that. Allen isn't great playing from behind, turns the ball over too much, the team invests resources into players that haven't moved the needle, and everyone around them seems to be getting better.

And in the playoffs? Nobody believes in Buffalo. At 5-4, with 4 conference losses, many don't think we'll even make the playoffs. Lastly, injuries and an aging roster aren't helping... This season is gonna be tough. 

Okay, that narrative needs to curl up and die. He brought us back in the Giants game, The Jags came, The Patriots game he got us two TD's with 5 minutes left in the game and got us the lead. He brought us back tonight. We would have had the lead if we got a TD instead of the Kincaid fumble. Now, chances are Cincy would have gotten a FG and ended up winning, but Josh does well playing from behind.

Sometimes it just takes the offense too long to get things clicking, but he can bring the team back.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

I agree officiating is sometimes ridiculous but we didn’t lose this on calls.  There a lot wrong here…

I agree. Coaching is my number 1 issue with this team. Well coached teams can overcome horrible officiating. This team, with these coaches, absolutely cannot. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I now know what kind of team the Bills are. The kind that's just good enough to ruin another teams playoff chances on any given Sunday.

McDermott likes to coach the game to come down to the last drive, but he's not a good enough coach to win it on the last drive. The games he loses, he does exactly what it takes to lose - no more and no less.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MPT said:

They're the same team that made the Super Bowl 2 years ago and the AFC Championship game last year.

The way they played tonight they'd get beat by Phili, Dallas, KC, and others.

I don't know what happened against SF but I still think SF is a better football team. 

Just now, KellyToTasker said:

He’s likely toast. Burrow knew he could only press up the field and gladly took off to run for a first down once Miller went straight up the field like he has since he’s come back. It’s a straight run, no cutting, no power, nothing. 

yep straight up the field and on a couple Burrow runs he was doing a huge loop around

Just now, Calidiehard said:

Oh, ok. Both starting linebackers out, probowl corner done, probowl nose tackle out 36 year old recovering DE.  Should look like they did at the beginning of the year? 

So when you keep blaming poor offensive performances on the defense, where does it end?

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

Cincy ran the clock out. Would have even with ONE timeout. All that timeout would have done was create more commercial time for nbc. Done. 

Yes that's what happened. What if Von makes the tackle though?  Would you still want that timeout or would you still be happy with the challenge? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

Yep. Dominated in pretty much every single way except for the scoreboard.  Crushed in yardage, TOP, -2 in turnovers.  

The score was closer than it looked. The Bengals were in total control. Really never felt like they were going to lose. 

The game went pretty close to what I thought. I knew the defense would struggle. 

I really didn't trust the Bills offense and Dorsey. I thought maybe the offense woke up after the Tampa game. But then I saw that Tampa defense today and had second thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Okay, that narrative needs to curl up and die. He brought us back in the Giants game, The Jags came, The Patriots game he got us two TD's with 5 minutes left in the game and got us the lead. He brought us back tonight. We would have had the lead if we got a TD instead of the Kincaid fumble. Now, chances are Cincy would have gotten a FG and ended up winning, but Josh does well playing from behind.

Sometimes it just takes the offense too long to get things clicking, but he can bring the team back.

Whatever your drinking I don't want it.... There's seeing the sunny side of things, and there's delusional. Your the latter.. By a mile!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.