Thursday night football-Titans @ Steelers 8:15 Prime Video NFL+

HOUSE

8 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

The PI call was BS. Hopkins whines on every pass. He's super annoying. These receivers initiate contact first and then whine for PI. Cheap way to compete.

The NFL just wanted a nail-biter.

It wasn’t PI, it was DH.  That’s why it was still DH even though the ball was tipped

3 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Yeah? (Aside from Watt and maybe still Heyward)

Highsmith and Fitzpatrick are also both ProBowl quality players and Peterson can still bring it.

I think it's a very good defense when it's healthy.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Highsmith and Fitzpatrick are also both ProBowl quality players and Peterson can still bring it.

I think it's a very good defense when it's healthy.

That lineup sounds fine. But has the on-field performance this year matched with that assessment? (This is an honest question with SOME pessimism, statistically. Gonna use the old googler now and probably learn about how wrong I am.)

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

That lineup sounds fine. But has the on-field performance this year matched with that assessment? (This is an honest question with SOME pessimism, statistically. Gonna use the old googler now and probably learn about how wrong I am.)

It's probably not going to look great statistically, maybe middle of the pack scoring wise.

But they're in a similar boat as us with some keys guys missing multiple games.

Their offense has also put them in a lot of difficult situations, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

It's probably not going to look great statistically, maybe middle of the pack scoring wise.

But they're in a similar boat as us with some keys guys missing multiple games.

Their offense has also put them in a lot of difficult situations, imo.

Yeah super mediocre rankings, but the isolated pass rush talent/success could be more valuable if the passing game took a step forward. But that's unlikely with a Canada/Pickett offensive ticket.

• Agree 2

In case it's cut off:

At 5-3, the Steelers are the 34th team since 1933 – when rushing and receiving stats were first tracked – to be outgained in each of their first eight games of a season; they’re the only one of those who had a winning record, per @JMcTigue85. The Steelers are also the only team this season to be outgained in every game, and they’ve been outgained by -790 yards, 2nd worst to only the Broncos (-830).

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Simon said:

That's all well and good.

But it is clearly not working for the Bills.

And that's all we give a damn about.

Because one play failed? I distinctly remember several shotgun touchdowns the Bills have scored from inside the one this year. Why can we assume that under center would have scored on the failed play, when they have also failed us this year and historically? There is nothing rigorous about this other than "it didn't work that one time so it's bad" 

It has worked, and other things have failed too, but historically teams do just fine from shotgun, and the Bills preferring athletic offensive linemen would actually suggest that they're more likely to win in the spread out scenario than the baseline

54 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Not sustainable. They are in a really tough division and will stack losses at the end of the season. 

The division is tough, but there are plenty of winnable games where they will be a solid favorite (GB, ARI, NE at home, IND away). They are also 4-2 now in the AFC. I don't think they can just be written off, similar to the Jets and Browns. Everyone right now has a better conference record than the Bills except for Cincy

Edited by buffblue

"As a son of military parents, @steelers cornerback Levi Wallace presented banners to veterans and actives that will hang outside of Acrisure Stadium in honor of their service. #TNFforGood"

As a nephew and son of men who jumped behind german lines on D-day, battled through Sicily, and a whole host of horrifying, frozen and rotten theaters in the wars to come, I'm proud that Acrisure could be there to help Levi Wallace present banners.  

Acrisure, the official sponsor of hell. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.