Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

30 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I disagree. Our offense hadnt played complementary football at all outside of Miami. Defense is gonna have down games. Our offense has had down games every game but 2 this season 

Oh come on. This is getting ridiculous. How does the defense keep getting away scott free in these parts? How? They were so bad today that I knew they were going to blow it once the Pats got the ball back with under two minutes. When we need them the most, they disappear.

Not saying the offense hasn't had it's share of issues, but the defense has tendencies to screw us when we need them most. They can do it in "13 seconds" or against Mac Jones. It's maddening.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills be fine! And consistently good? I’d take not being consistently sloppy.. 

Bills D looks lost in this game IMO. The Pats more than doubled their points per game average this year ( 13 points a game average). I don’t see that happening again.  Like I said the Bills be freaking fine.. 

Come on man, it’s 3 weeks in a row….. The teams is not fine

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Broken clock and all that.  He is a troll and picked the same thing the last 3 years.

I'm glad we have that Superbo...oh that's right we have nothing

Edited by OZBILLS

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Why I figure get the best OT available let’s build the Oline up and maybe get lucky with a 2nd round QB like McCarthy. 

That’s called QB purgatory, I see the Fish and Jests owning this division for the next 5 years and possibly beyond. Allen Will probably ask to be traded. 

1 minute ago, IronyAbounds said:

9-8 is the most realistic record given the schedule ahead (losses to Bengals, Eagles, Chiefs, Chargers and Dolphins). Don't think that's gonna make the playoffs. Team isn't exactly headed in the right direction.

Have you watched the Bengals, Eagles, and Chargers? They’ve worse then the bills at stretches this year 

• Haha (+1) 1

Paying Knox was a disaster, he’s so average and unfortunately you can’t take it back, but you can just accept it and move on and make Kincaid the primary pass catching TE and get back to Josh spreading it out and throwing to the WRs and running when he sees fit.

3 years of the media crying about the Bills lack of run game and Allen will get hurt has finally worn them down and this is a shell of the offense we once enjoyed.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills be fine! And consistently good? I’d take not being consistently sloppy.. 

Bills D looks lost in this game IMO. The Pats more than doubled their points per game average this year ( 13 points a game average). I don’t see that happening again.  Like I said the Bills be freaking fine.. 

If the Bills D looks lost against the Pats they'll look lost against anyone.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Oh come on. This is getting ridiculous. How does the defense keep getting away scott free in these parts? How? They were so bad today that I knew they were going to blow it once the Pats got the ball back with under two minutes. When we need them the most, they disappear.

Not saying the offense hasn't had it's share of issues, but the defense has tendencies to screw us when we need them most. They can do it in "13 seconds" or against Mac Jones. It's maddening.

I don’t understand it…they both deserve eachother lol we are playing the opposite of complementary football special teams has been bad too 

2 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

9-8 is the most realistic record given the schedule ahead (losses to Bengals, Eagles, Chiefs, Chargers and Dolphins). Don't think that's gonna make the playoffs. Team isn't exactly headed in the right direction.

I think the Charger game is winnable. But think it's going to take 11 W for us as we pretty much as Bills are already behind the 8 Ball in Tie breakers

Mcdermott being a defensive coach this has to gall him. Scratch and claw to get a lead and you get 2-minute drived for a TD against Mac Jones?  The same club that recently lost 72-3 to Dallas and NO.  That’s flat out embarrassing.  

• Angry 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'd be for this to an extent. I mean if Josh called all the plays, we'd never see a running back ever again. Which maybe wouldn't be terrible. Not like our run game is exactly doing a whole lot 

I think Josh, more than anyone, has learned the value the run game has.  He understands that it opens up the play action for him, which is his bread and butter.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'd be for this to an extent. I mean if Josh called all the plays, we'd never see a running back ever again. Which maybe wouldn't be terrible. Not like our run game is exactly doing a whole lot 

I mean the run game has been much better, but even if that was all Josh calling the shots, it's a bit of a leap to assume there'd be no running plays, there's no run plays in that situation because it's hurry up and we have go the length of the field as fast as possible. Possible it'd be different in different circumstances, hypothetically.

NE, Great coach, average players.  Bills, pretender coach with great players but a few injuries.  Next win and today is all forgotten. Just like the last 5 million losses.  Time for some KFC but until the Bills find an owner, I'll route against them. 

Congrats to the Patriots and Bill Bellichick on win # 300.   Credit where credit is due. 

• Vomit 2

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Only hope is they figure out these delayed blitzes and offense starts carrying the team but that is looking increasingly farfetched by the week lol 

Offense wise we need to play like it's a two minute series every time. Be quick, move fast. Fine, it doesn't keep the defense off the field but at this stage the latter are shredded so let's look to win a shootout rather than desperately eke out games to keep it close.

10 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

hes right the team is poorly built, bad contracts, hanging onto players too long.

It's not the coaching, the team has no good players.

He isn't wrong but it's very easy to say what he says

If he is wrong, no one cares (including himself) because the bills are winning, if he is right he gets to pat himself on the back. It's a win win for him

3 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

THANK YOU. We've given unlimited resources to a terrible scheme and coach, and people blame Allen every week for the fact that the scraps after Diggs can never win one on one. Or the fact that he instantly has to move every other play

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Mcdermott being a defensive coach this has to gall him. Scratch and claw to get a lead and you get 2-minute drived for a TD against Mac Jones?  The same club that recently lost 72-3 to Dallas and NO.  That’s flat out embarrassing.  

McDorsey sucks 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

That’s called QB purgatory, I see the Fish and Jests owning this division for the next 5 years and possibly beyond. Allen Will probably ask to be traded. 

Lol no. The Jets can’t draft a QB and they have maybe 1 year with a healthy Rogers. Miami will fall back to Earth once Hill retires in a couple years. 

The Bills D is hurt and the pass rush isn’t there.  As I said before the Bills O issue IMO is relying on Diggs too much. The Pats were giving the Bills the TE open all game and they just didn’t take it enough. 

I won’t be shocked if the Bills rebound and rattle off 5 victories in a row. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Everyone crying about Josh running too much and not having “complementary football,” I hope you enjoy every single James Cook draw out of shotgun. This is what you wanted, after all.

I mean there has to be a coach who can find a happy medium between running Josh headfirst into danger and calling the same shotgun draw that doesn't work multiple times a game.

But yeah, coaching "the dawg" out of Allen honestly I think is a huge part of this team's regression. If you take the fire out of your team's heart and soul, you probably aren't getting very far off the remaining embers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.