Are people really that unhappy with our 4-2 Bills?

eball

They are at a crossroads

i haven’t seen them turn that corner to “oh boy this is the real deal” maybe they had it against the giants but I’d like to see them really punch the next couple oppentns in the mouth and be progressing in the right direction

no more McDermott era let downs

use to see it with the pats all the time then they made a run to the superbowl after starts like we are having

would like to see that desire and fight from our bills 

It’s just the way we lost those two games, it was a bit disappointing, but y’all know me, GO BILLS!!!

3 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I know I know....I was ridiculous last year too. I was ridiculous when I said the Bills wouldn't beat the Chiefs in the playoffs the 2 years before that.  Guess I'll just continue to be ridiculously right.

When the Bills are at home watching the Super Bowl, DVOA means nothing.

Even blind squirrels occasionally find nuts.

On 10/19/2023 at 1:08 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

The season is more than just the last game or two.

Considering they're #3 in DVOA and at least Top 5 in every analytical ranking makes it pretty loud and clear that the Bills are legit Super Bowl contenders in 2023.

No offense but your post is ridiculous.

Super Bowl contenders? Legit? Please, tell me more about how ridiculous I am 😂 

What a stupid thread.  Nobody was unhappy with 4-2.  They were unhappy with how crappy the team looked the last two weeks.  Now three weeks.  This team is not going to suddenly just wake up and get better.  There is something fundamentally wrong with the team and I don't know what it is, but it's bad.

So, update the stupid thread title to "4-3", then be prepared to keep adding to that loss column.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If only there were 10 games left.

If only most of 'em weren't against top teams in the league, all but one on the road, and two that we've already lost to.  

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yikes @eball      The good ole positivity no matter what thing doesn’t seem to be working 

A "culture of winning" failure?  

Also, two of our wins have been against two of the worst teams in the league, one barely.  We could very easily have been and probably should have been 3-4 right now.  

But so have two of our losses been against two of the worst teams in the league.  

Edited by PBF81

• 2 weeks later...

Considering they're #3 in DVOA and at least Top 5 in every analytical ranking makes it pretty loud and clear that the Bills are legit Super Bowl contenders in 2023.

Can you tell us again how legit the Bills are?😂 

How “ridiculous” was my post again?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

DVOA only means so much. Why not look at this stat. 

IMO successful drive percentage means more than DVOA or most other analytical stat. Those 3 blowout wins versus Vegas, Washington and Miami inflate those numbers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

I have zero issue with being positive about the team and rooting for the players on it.  At the time this thread was started I was way more optimistic than I am now.  So I dont see what the problem with the OP is.  I got a way bigger problem with so called fans calling every player trash during 2nd Q. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Now I’m curious to see what happens to this thread if the Bills right the ship and dominate late like they usually do lol

Like last year?

7 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Just say "I was wrong" and get it over with already... or face the bumping of this thread, I'm afraid.

Not sure he’s wrong. ‘Legit’ is very subjective. 

53 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

If legit is being average with above average talent, then yes, legit is correct.... but yeah, somehow I don't think that is our goal!

If you list the current Bills starters, factoring in the injuries, on both sides of the ball, I don’t actually think you’d see “above average talent”. They have a top end QB, but the rest of the team is decidedly average right now, IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, vincec said:

If you list the current Bills starters, factoring in the injuries, on both sides of the ball, I don’t actually think you’d see “above average talent”. They have a top end QB, but the rest of the team is decidedly average right now, IMO.

Fair point! I was trying to be NICE, dammit!!!! :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.