Terrace Marshall Jr.?

Niagara Dude

This kid was drafted in the second round from LSU,  he stands 6'3 and runs a 4.4 forty. You include the Panthers/Bills connection and the Bills may be able to get him for a 4th rounder.  The guy had a great career at LSU and has never played with an elite QB in the pros.  He is signed for about 1.8 million this season and for next season

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

This kid was drafted in the second round from LSU,  he stands 6'3 and runs a 4.4 forty. You include the Panthers/Bills connection and the Bills may be able to get him for a 4th rounder.  The guy had a great career at LSU and has never played with an elite QB in the pros.  He is signed for about 1.8 million this season and for next season

Yes and please!! 

47 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Let’s consider Houston who is loaded at WR. Two guys on rookie deals: John Metchie (gamble on future improvement) or Nico Collins (pay big for a rising star). 

Why the hell would the Texans trade away skill position players now? They have their QB, now is the time for them to add not subtract.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

And what? We don't utilize Knox/Harty or Kincaid and you want to pay a 4th rounder for another WR? All I heard from the outsiders and insiders was that Harty could be Beasley with speed. It's criminal that there aren't designed plays for this guy in the offense but not surprising. We traded for Nyheim Hines last season and used him on special teams only basically. I have no faith that Dorsey can get this offense to where they deserve to be. I don't mind Allen targeting Diggs as much as he does but when it's not working we need design plays to Knox/Harty/Sherfield/Davis/Shakir and there never will be, Dorsey is a bust imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Don’t know anything about the guy, just looked up his stats. 4th seems pretty steep for a guy with that little production 

Who is playing QB for the Panthers

10 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

One name I'd throw out is Kendrick Bourne as the Patriots seemingly like to make trades and I doubt he'd cost much.

Patriots are not trading him to the Bills

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

And what? We don't utilize Knox/Harty or Kincaid and you want to pay a 4th rounder for another WR? All I heard from the outsiders and insiders was that Harty could be Beasley with speed. It's criminal that there aren't designed plays for this guy in the offense but not surprising. We traded for Nyheim Hines last season and used him on special teams only basically. I have no faith that Dorsey can get this offense to where they deserve to be. I don't mind Allen targeting Diggs as much as he does but when it's not working we need design plays to Knox/Harty/Sherfield/Davis/Shakir and there never will be, Dorsey is a bust imo.

You mean Knox who has butter fingers or Harty with his 76 career receptions over 5 seasons.  This offence struggles and the WR position is weak

57 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Who is playing QB for the Panthers

Patriots are not trading him to the Bills

You mean Knox who has butter fingers or Harty with his 76 career receptions over 5 seasons.  This offence struggles and the WR position is weak

Why wouldn't the Patriots trade him to us? If they're out of playoff race, why not trade a player that's pending UFA and likely not be factor in compensation formula?

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Why wouldn't the Patriots trade him to us? If they're out of playoff race, why not trade a player that's pending UFA and likely not be factor in compensation formula?

Agreed.  Hoodie doesn’t care.  Marshall ain’t supplanting Davis.  Bourne on on the other hand is probably an upgrade.  

12 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

One name I'd throw out is Kendrick Bourne as the Patriots seemingly like to make trades and I doubt he'd cost much.

The Bills don't need to give a team in their own division especially BB any more ammo to get better besides they have never had a hard time coming up with numerous amounts of draft capital in the past .

So just say NO !! 

I actually don't hate it as an idea but not for a 4th rounder. I like him coming out of LSU. I think he has had some moments in the pros but hasn't demonstrated he can perform consistently. Still I like him better than Mingo who they spent a 2nd on this past draft. 

If they'd take a 7th, that could become a 6th if he hits performance thresholds I'd be interested in doing it. He is a bit of a shot in the dark so much more than that would worry me. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, T master said:

The Bills don't need to give a team in their own division especially BB any more ammo to get better besides they have never had a hard time coming up with numerous amounts of draft capital in the past .

So just say NO !! 

I mean Bourne likely isn't getting more than a 4th.  He has speed, so I'm immediately interested 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

23 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I mean Bourne likely isn't getting more than a 4th.  He has speed, so I'm immediately interested 

Speed is good but they have Hartey & they to this point haven't used him as a deep threat so having another on the team to just have him won't help if that makes sense ??

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, T master said:

Speed is good but they have Hartey & they to this pint haven't used him as a deep threat so having another on the team to just have him won't help if that makes sense ??

Fair, but Harty looks more quick than fast to me.

Someone like Hardman or Bourne going in motion often / speed / deep threat could be helpful 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Fair, but Harty looks more quick than fast to me.

Someone like Hardman or Bourne going in motion often / speed / deep threat could be helpful 

I think you’re on to something. Kendrick Bourne and Hardman have demonstrated an ability, albeit limited, to make contested or tough catches. Harty seems to be the gadget/speedster. Great in moments but can easily be taken out of a game. 

Edited by BBFL

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually don't hate it as an idea but not for a 4th rounder. I like him coming out of LSU. I think he has had some moments in the pros but hasn't demonstrated he can perform consistently. Still I like him better than Mingo who they spent a 2nd on this past draft. 

If they'd take a 7th, that could become a 6th if he hits performance thresholds I'd be interested in doing it. He is a bit of a shot in the dark so much more than that would worry me. 

Meh.  Mingo rhymes with both bingo and Ringo.  Let’s see Marshall do that.

43 minutes ago, T master said:

So just say NO !! 

BB and draft picks should not scare anyone. Just look at their roster, it is terrible top to bottom 

I liked Marshall a lot as a draft prospect and he could develop into a significant role in Buffalo down the line.......but he's not what they are lacking now.

He is a potential Gabe Davis replacement with a higher ceiling athletically...........what the Bills need now is a WR2 who can run the whole tree.    

Side note.........I told y'all folks that Sherfield and Harty were not likely to have much more impact than Crowder and McKenzie(who had both had better careers, respectively).  

Diggs is great but beyond him there aren't many teams that don't have more gifted receivers than the Bills from WR2-WR5.    They might not produce in their situations so the casual fans don't know much about them........but they aren't a bunch of day 3's and UDFA's like the Bills run out there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I liked Marshall a lot as a draft prospect and he could develop into a significant role in Buffalo down the line.......but he's not what they are lacking now.

He is a potential Gabe Davis replacement with a higher ceiling athletically...........what the Bills need now is a WR2 who can run the whole tree.    

Side note.........I told y'all folks that Sherfield and Harty were not likely to have much more impact than Crowder and McKenzie(who had both had better careers, respectively).  

Diggs is great but beyond him there aren't many teams that don't have more gifted receivers than the Bills from WR2-WR5.    They might not produce in their situations so the casual fans don't know much about them........but they aren't a bunch of day 3's and UDFA's like the Bills run out there. 

I agree re running the whole tree. I think what they lack most right now is a separator (beyond Stef). Washington, Vegas and Miami sat in zone and the Bills picked them apart. Jacksonville and the Giants have basically used the same approach. Double Diggs then man up everyone else on a large % of snaps. We really need someone who can separate. 

I'd be in on Marshall as a buy low option though. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He has a poor understanding of their playbook, doesn't recognize coverages, and doesn't run accurate routes.  At LSU he was usually the superior athlete in one on one coverages (not the case in the NFL).  2024 is a loaded draft class and I don't expect Beane to gamble draft picks on a guy that has not shown that he belongs in the league.

• Vomit 1

I do like Marshall and it is odd considering he started over Chase and JSN in college but was it because he was an elite athlete? Andy Dalton made use of him very well a couple games ago. My question is do we need another possible project when Shorter is waiting in the wings? We dont use the TEs or our Slot very much which is very concerning.

Edited by falgobofu

17 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Let’s consider Houston who is loaded at WR. Two guys on rookie deals: John Metchie (gamble on future improvement) or Nico Collins (pay big for a rising star). 

Delusional, Houston is not letting either of these guys go.  They have a tremendous amount of future draft capital and have made a miraculous turnaround and are in the playoff hunt.

6 hours ago, BBFL said:

I think you’re on to something. Kendrick Bourne and Hardman have demonstrated an ability, albeit limited, to make contested or tough catches. Harty seems to be the gadget/speedster. Great in moments but can easily be taken out of a game. 

I don't recall Hardman ever demonstrating that. He is a gadget / speedster too and got beaten out by an UDFA with the Jets. I think he still has his speed whereas I am not convinced Harty does but other than that they are the same guy.

4 hours ago, falgobofu said:

I do like Marshall and it is odd considering he started over Chase and JSN in college but was it because he was an elite athlete? Andy Dalton made use of him very well a couple games ago. My question is do we need another possible project when Shorter is waiting in the wings? We dont use the TEs or our Slot very much which is very concerning.

Shorter can't catch!! 

19 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Dude

He has be a total disappointment from the word go in Carolina. I’ve never heard anything good about him here.

Hard Pass!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.