NFL Trade Deadline Oct 31 - Rumored List of Players Available

ngbills

48 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Some rumblings Derrick Henry may be traded to a contender. 

I’d offer a 2 in 2024 and a 4 that could become a 3 in 2025

I suspect he may be worth a 1st to someone 

I’m trying to figure out why people would think king Henry would be a fit with the Buffalo Bills

There’s nothing wrong with the running backs we have now, but we do have other holes that could be filled at the trade deadline

King Henry needs the ball in his hands in order to be affective, and while we are starting to run the ball more we are not running the ball enough for an every down back

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m trying to figure out why people would think king Henry would be a fit with the Buffalo Bills

There’s nothing wrong with the running backs we have now, but we do have other holes that could be filled at the trade deadline

King Henry needs the ball in his hands in order to be affective, and while we are starting to run the ball more we are not running the ball enough for an every down back

The Bills currently face the highest amount of 2 high safety coverage in the NFL

putting Henry on the field with Josh Allen puts defenses in a very stressful position and immediately changes that

imagine having option plays where Josh & Henry are threats to run.  Players will be sucked toward the line / have their eyes in the backfield and get burned 

Cook is currently an above average RB and honestly defenses are really not scared of him.

Henry on this team late in the season and playoffs could be the difference.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

All-Pro WR Davante Adams, coming off just two catches in a win over the New England Patriots, acknowledged Wednesday he is growing frustrated with his seemingly diminished role.

More via @PGutierrezESPN:https://t.co/zDhwFdjY2D

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 19, 2023

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No way anybody pays a first or even a second for running back at the end of his career.  That being said, i would love to get him.  Maybe we can get him and Hopkins.  Package Gabe and some picks.

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

All-Pro WR Davante Adams, coming off just two catches in a win over the New England Patriots, acknowledged Wednesday he is growing frustrated with his seemingly diminished role.

This would be costly cap wise but man him and Diggs would be a nightmare.   I really like the idea of getting this guy.  Let the offense score a ton of points and our Defense be average

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

No way anybody pays a first or even a second for running back at the end of his career.  That being said, i would love to get him.  Maybe we can get him and Hopkins.  Package Gabe and some picks.

This would be costly cap wise but man him and Diggs would be a nightmare.   I really like the idea of getting this guy.  Let the offense score a ton of points and our Defense be average

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in, but I think Adams contract this year is a 6 or 9 mil cap hit if traded / $ can be eaten 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd love to get him. Changes the defense to play the Bills. But too much investment into running back imo. Would be happy if they do but would still be happy if they don't trade for him.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Raiders at 3-3 seems unlikely they'd have interest in dealing him unless.... he asks for it  or a team calls offering a 1st + 

• Like (+1) 2

https://x.com/OddsShark/status/1715002251771613244?s=20

Odds Shark

@OddsShark

Davante Adams next team odds for Week 1 of the 2024/25 season:
Buffalo Bills +300
Detroit Lions +400
Tennessee Titans +450
Cleveland Browns +550
San Francisco 49ers +600
New York Giants +600

Green Bay Packers +700

Dallas Cowboys +800
Cincinnati Bengals +900

Adam Schefter's tweet on Adams could certainly be from his agent hoping to entice a GM to call and make a trade 

Old article, but clarifies cap situation with Adams

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/could-the-raiders-decide-to-trade-davante-adams-after-june-1

"But let’s not forget June 1. The Raiders could, in theory, trade Adams after June 1, limited the cap charge to $7.85 million this year and $23.6 million in 2024. Alternatively, he could be traded after June 1, 2024, once again cutting the cap charge to $7.85 million, and kicking $15.7 million to 2025.

Adams has a manageable salary of $6.03 million in 2023; he already has received a $20 million roster bonus.
If Adams’s agitation is enough to get the Raiders to move on, they could do so with a reasonable cap consequence this year, and a larger (but not crippling) one in 2024.

MAKE THE CALL BEANE!!!!🚨

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Odds Shark

@OddsShark

Buffalo Bills +300
Detroit Lions +400
Tennessee Titans +450
Cleveland Browns +550
San Francisco 49ers +600
New York Giants +600

Green Bay Packers +700

Dallas Cowboys +800
Cincinnati Bengals +900

Adam Schefter's tweet on Adams could certainly be from his agent hoping to entice a GM to call and make a trade 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/could-the-raiders-decide-to-trade-davante-adams-after-june-1

"But let’s not forget June 1. The Raiders could, in theory, trade Adams after June 1, limited the cap charge to $7.85 million this year and $23.6 million in 2024. Alternatively, he could be traded after June 1, 2024, once again cutting the cap charge to $7.85 million, and kicking $15.7 million to 2025.

Adams has a manageable salary of $6.03 million in 2023; he already has received a $20 million roster bonus.
If Adams’s agitation is enough to get the Raiders to move on, they could do so with a reasonable cap consequence this year, and a larger (but not crippling) one in 2024.

MAKE THE CALL BEANE!!!!🚨

I'd prefer to acquire him for wk 7 of the 2023 season 😎

17 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd prefer to acquire him for wk 7 of the 2023 season 😎

Get him for half the year and then trade him in the offseason. No idea what the cap implications would be of doing that. Unless you can lock him up long term at a reasonable cost and are letting Davis walk.

Mooney from Chicago seems like a good “realistic” trade target. His cap hit is fairly low being on the last year of his rookie deal and he isn’t very productive given Chicagos bad offense and DJ Moore soaking in the targets they do have. 

If he could be had for the cost of a 5th or a pick swap I would take the chance.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Mooney from Chicago seems like a good “realistic” trade target. His cap hit is fairly low being on the last year of his rookie deal and he isn’t very productive given Chicagos bad offense and DJ Moore soaking in the targets they do have. 

If he could be had for the cost of a 5th or a pick swap I would take the chance.

This seems realistic but I'm certain would please NO ONE here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Odds Shark

@OddsShark

Buffalo Bills +300
Detroit Lions +400
Tennessee Titans +450
Cleveland Browns +550
San Francisco 49ers +600
New York Giants +600

Green Bay Packers +700

Dallas Cowboys +800
Cincinnati Bengals +900

MAKE THE CALL BEANE!!!!🚨

Pairing Adams with Diggs would be devastating for our opponents. Not to mention give us the best shot to win a SB since 2021.  A prominent wr should be our #1 priority approaching the deadline. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The Bills currently face the highest amount of 2 high safety coverage in the NFL

This situation would get an automatic 5-6 ypc from Henry. Something Cook isn't doing often enough.  Safeties start to creep up and Diggs and the others feast. I'd like to see it but I'd rather see them acquire a quality CB, WR or LB.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

This seems realistic but I'm certain would please NO ONE here.

Mooney would make me happy, giving up a 5th for him and then go after a true IT DT and maybe some "cheap" corner depth would be the way to go. It would address the defense's biggest needs and add some pop to the offense. Mooney isn't the big name that some want but he has put up some solid numbers on really really bad Bears passing attacks. 

He had a 1000-yard receiving season in 2021 when his QB's were a rookie Justin Fields, Andy Dalton and Nick Foles not in an Eagles uniform. I know some may say those were garbage time stats but in the 6 games the Bears won that season Mooney had some quality games including a pair of 100-plus-yard games. He ran a 4.38 40 at the combine so he brings some speed and although he is on the smaller side at 5 foot 11 he isn't a shrimp either. 

Mooney's issues early in his career were drops. I know we don't want more guys who aren't the most reliable but in 2022 Monney really improved on his drops. Mooney's drop rate in 2022 was ranked 104 out of 139 (number 1 is the worst) and for reference Knox was 39th and Gabe was 9th in 2022. Even in 2021 Mooney was ranked 35th which is bad but still better than Gabe Davis who was ranked 16th. 

I think his drops are overstated as bad QBs will make that rate go up and he put together a really solid 2022 season that cut down on his drops. Overall I am just saying the Bills could do a lot worse than adding Mooney who could add speed and someone a bit more reliable than Knox and Davis for a very affordable price. 

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Pairing Adams with Diggs would be devastating for our opponents. Not to mention give us the best shot to win a SB since 2021.  A prominent wr should be our #1 priority approaching the deadline. 

I'd also add it would make Gabe that much more effective too. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

This situation would get an automatic 5-6 ypc from Henry. Something Cook isn't doing often enough.  Safeties start to creep up and Diggs and the others feast. I'd like to see it but I'd rather see them acquire a quality CB, WR or LB.

Henry has a 16-million-dollar cap hit this season. I just don't think he would really work in the Bills limited cap situation. I think Cook, Murray and Harris are an effective enough trio at RB. The issue is Dorsey needs to actually run early and often. Dorsey waits too long to change the game plan. Once the offense starts sputtering on the first 2-3 drives you need to adjust. Often times Dorsey waits and lets 5-6 drives stall out before doing anything. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Mooney would make me happy, giving up a 5th for him and then go after a true IT DT and maybe some "cheap" corner depth would be the way to go. It would address the defense's biggest needs and add some pop to the offense. Mooney isn't the big name that some want but he has put up some solid numbers on really really bad Bears passing attacks. 

He had a 1000-yard receiving season in 2021 when his QB's were a rookie Justin Fields, Andy Dalton and Nick Foles not in an Eagles uniform. I know some may say those were garbage time stats but in the 6 games the Bears won that season Mooney had some quality games including a pair of 100-plus-yard games. He ran a 4.38 40 at the combine so he brings some speed and although he is on the smaller side at 5 foot 11 he isn't a shrimp either. 

Mooney's issues early in his career were drops. I know we don't want more guys who aren't the most reliable but in 2022 Monney really improved on his drops. Mooney's drop rate in 2022 was ranked 104 out of 139 (number 1 is the worst) and for reference Knox was 39th and Gabe was 9th in 2022. Even in 2021 Mooney was ranked 35th which is bad but still better than Gabe Davis who was ranked 16th. 

I think his drops are overstated as bad QBs will make that rate go up and he put together a really solid 2022 season that cut down on his drops. Overall I am just saying the Bills could do a lot worse than adding Mooney who could add speed and someone a bit more reliable than Knox and Davis for a very affordable price. 

If you can get Mooney for a 5th it’s a NO BRAINER.

47 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Henry has a 16-million-dollar cap hit this season. I just don't think he would really work in the Bills limited cap situation. I think Cook, Murray and Harris are an effective enough trio at RB. The issue is Dorsey needs to actually run early and often. Dorsey waits too long to change the game plan. Once the offense starts sputtering on the first 2-3 drives you need to adjust. Often times Dorsey waits and lets 5-6 drives stall out before doing anything. 

He could rework his deal if he really wanted to be here. 

Also, Barkley may be traded, regardless of his wishes, get him for 8 games at just over 4M.. that works..

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

If we could get Surtain, we would elevate our prospects for getting to the SB substantially. Now, with them having a fire sail, Beane might be able to get him for less than a 1st, but even if we gave them a 1st, I would do it.

Gotta go offense please. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Gotta go offense please. 

The problem with the offense is we’re not using our players. Just like the end of last season, we abandoned the run and became predictable with Josh either forcing throws to Diggs, QB runs or going for the home run. Now, Dorsey has been taking some incoming for play calling the last 2 games. However, the 3 previous games(Miami,Washington,Las Vegas) we ran the ball and got our other playmakers involved. I think our offense comes back against NE.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

If we could get Surtain, we would elevate our prospects for getting to the SB substantially. Now, with them having a fire sail, Beane might be able to get him for less than a 1st, but even if we gave them a 1st, I would do it.

you are not getting Surtain for a first.  If we are going to have unrealistic scenerios, then I would prefer Marvin Harrison Jr fell to the Bills pick at 32

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

you are not getting Surtain for a first.  If we are going to have unrealistic scenerios, then I would prefer Marvin Harrison Jr fell to the Bills pick at 32

If the tanking Broncos make him available, all they will get is a 1st and a late rd pick. They will need draft capital to get one of the QBs at the top of the draft. How long do you want to hear announcers say the Bills opponents are targeting Elam and then watch him get victimized like the last 2 weeks.?  Who do you think thie Bills will get with their pick 25 to 30? With Tre done for the foreseeable future, they’re drafting a corner in the 1st or 2nd rd. Surtain is as good as anybody in the NFL.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

13 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

If the tanking Broncos make him available, all they will get is a 1st and a late rd pick. They will need draft capital to get one of the QBs at the top of the draft. How long do you want to hear announcers say the Bills opponents are targeting Elam and then watch him get victimized like the last 2 weeks.?  Who do you think thie Bills will get with their pick 25 to 30? With Tre done for the foreseeable future, they’re drafting a corner in the 1st or 2nd rd. Surtain is as good as anybody in the NFL.

You're not getting PS2 for a first, man, he's the best player on their roster, regardless of position on a cost-controlled deal

• Agree 3

31 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

A 1st and a late round pick would be the steal of the decade. No way no how would Denver give him away for that. 

33 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

A 1st and a late round pick would be the steal of the decade. No way no how would Denver give him away for that. 

When they’re out of the discussion by week 8, the prevailing sentiment is we can be terrible with him or without him. They gave up 70 with him and they need a young can’t miss QB. Other teams know they’re in rear down mode. A 1st and a 3rd or a 2nd in 2025 will definitely get it done.

• Disagree 1

14 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Picture Saquon Barkley in this scenario. Saquon is even a better threat in the passing game. Not to mention pass protection. Could have the CMC effect all over again. Just don't see Daboll gifting him to McDermott 😎

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Picture Saquon Barkley in this scenario. Saquon is even a better threat in the passing game. Not to mention pass protection. Could have the CMC effect all over again. Just don't see Daboll gifting him to McDermott 😎

And even if he did, how exactly do you propose that we pay (for) him?

Edited by Gunvald's Husse

I dont understand the people that want us to trade for a CB, even a great one like Surtain. Offense has been the primary reason for our two losses and almost a 3rd against the Giants who have a terrible defense. If we make a trade it HAS to be a WR. It is the only position where it makes sense to give up premium future assets. It is also the easiest path to immediately improving the team's ceiling.

15 hours ago, Stretch said:

Cook averaged over 5 ypc last year with a bad O-line and 4.8 so far this season.

Because he exclusively runs against light boxes. Teams have to respect Allen or he will burn them.

Another thing YPC doesn’t account for is obvious running downs. How good were we last year at getting 3rd/4th and short? Pretty sure I saw a stat that we were bottom of the league.

so we’re about 10 days away from the deadline and I’m skeptical about Beane doing anything to improve our team. All the great excuses, no cap space, we love our depth, can’t mess with draft capital. They should just say, it is what it is we got our stadium, we’ll make the playoffs, what do you expect. Watch what the Chiefs and Jaguars do?

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.