Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

Worst part of the post-game - missing the gondola ferry and having to walk though masses.  Game sucked, clearly the team was off a beat or two (as one who felt off for like 5 days after traveling to Europe last week, I get it).  

On to the next, the season isn’t over yet and if you think the Bills stink, you should have your head examined.:beer:

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Is anybody else really questioning the quality of that temporary turf field? It looks really thin.

I mean I can't question anything with the number of injuries we had today. It looked straight up unacceptable.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

It’s weird how he dropped that one but had the insane catch late in the game to set up the TD

I wish the Bills could have just ran Harris and Murray a lot more from under center in the first half. Once the offense becomes one dimensional it leads to having to have Diggs and Davis going off consistently which is not easy to do. Still would have liked to have seen Josh attempt a Hail Mary 

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Oh so you've calculated the balls likely bounce trajectory? I mean I decided to go with how the Punter has been kicking all day, but you go with your gut eyeball feeling, that I'm sure in no way is influenced by wanting to hate the decision.

I used my rubix cube, an abacus, and a broken rubber band to calculate other ball movement. The answer is 3.5

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freak-O said:

The refs ruined this game. I can’t even tell if they helped either of the teams, there were so many flags thrown I lost count. Games with this many flags become too long and it’s also really hard to care about any play since you know the outcome of half of them will be decided by flags anyway. 

At least Epenesa played well. 

It's like they took turns with the teams.

2 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

We should keep in mind that after the games play out today, the worst we can be is 1 game behind a maximum of 3 teams in the AFC.  With 12 games to go, all is not lost.

The schedule is brutal though.

We can't afford to lose the games we're supposed to win.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Pretty sure that’s what I just said. The injuries may cost them their shot. 

Today is really depressing as a Bills fan. I can't help but feel like the season is lost or at least the SB hopes are. Big injuries continue to plague this team. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

These garbage games wouldn't happen with Daboll? Really? Seem to recall them happening quite a bit.

Shanahan and Josh would be intriguing. Shanahan likes running to a fixed plan; can Josh stick to one consistently?

And again, like the articulate guy calling himself "Beast," you fail to recognize that Daboll was coordinating a younger and more inexperienced Josh Allen ... we are now in Josh Allen's prime and we are experimenting with Ken Dorsey and the same religious-fanatic defensive head coach who manages games about as well as the Blue Jays' John Schneider.  Forget I said "Brian Daboll," I know it's tough ... the team should have an offensive mastermind at head coach or at the very least at OC ... the Bills have neither.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Another lackluster game from the Offense. 

that is 2 this year and seems Jags can really control the Bills offense at this point. 

The Jaguars played better and just looked like the better team.  The Bills are quite and up and down team.  They will need luck to make it to the playoffs.  When they play trash teams, they can play lights out.. the moment a team punches them in the mouth, they sorta fold.  Not a quality club too to bottom.  

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why is everyone so excited about the defence?  Jags controlled the ball, top, and too many open receivers.

It’s absurd how many players they were down in this one…no daquan, no Milano, no benford, no taron Johnson briefly, von miller on a pitch count, no tre white, no Greg Rousseau 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

When was the offense a mess with daboll?

2020 was nifty. 2021 was our year and the window closed after 2021. 

We have a new window. 

Like when we only put up 16 at the Titans? 17 at the Chiefs? 16 at the Steelers? SIX against the Jags? 15 in a miserable performance at home to the Colts? 10 against the Pats (albeit that was the wind game). Overall, the offense played fine under Daboll but then it has since for the most part. Yes, the Bills have nightmare games under Dorsey but they had them under Daboll too.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. Waiting on word? This BS international c rap is worthless.  Nobody even shows up to Jacksonville home games so let em rot in England. Huge disadvantage today for the Bills.

If there was, it is on the Bills.  The stadium was rocking like a home game. The Bills bonehead front office blew that game as much as anyone for not going over several days earlier than they did.

• Agree 1

The Jags being in London 10+ days and the Bills being there 2 days definitely influenced the outcome. The Bills were flat and the Jags were fresh. Bills win this game in Buffalo or Jax.

The NFL obviously wants the Jags to win in London. The refs were terrible and definitely influenced the game as well (to the negative for Buffalo). They let the Jags defense and offense get away with a lot of penalties, but called us for everything, even things that weren't egregious. How is it not a penalty on the Jax player on the play that Taron Johnson got hurt? He basically tackled Taron from behind as Johnson is about to get to the QB. Etc., etc. Not blaming the refs for the loss, the Bills did not play well, but they certainly made everything an uphill battle for Buffalo all day.

The loss doesn't bother me as much as the injuries. 🤞🙏

I thought that last TD drive by the Bills showed a lot of pride by the boys. It's meaningless points in a loss, but I think it will help them (confidence-wise, etc.) going into next week.

Hate the loss, but I'm not coming down on anyone for this one. Chalk it up as a bad day and move on. The Bills will be fine.

Kudos to the guys that stepped in on defense: Dodson, Williams, Jonathan, Settle, Dane, Elam, Vickers, Lewis, Neal. It wasn't all pretty, but they were making plays and helped to hold Jax to 11 points until late in the game when the defense was gassed due to time of possession. And for those dissing Elam, he had good coverage on the one TD pass, it was just a great throw and catch by Lawrence and Ridley. And Ridley is a damn good receiver. Plus Elam had 11 tackles (8 solo). Don't be so quick to trash him, even if he gave up a few plays. Ed Oliver had another good game with 9 tackles, a sack, 3 TFLs, and 2 QB hits. Bernard didn't have any splash plays, but did have 16 tackles. Just trying to take some positives from the game.

Have yourself a game A.J. (too bad its in a loss): 4 tackles, 1 TFL, 3 passes defended, 2 QB hits, 2 sacks (one being a sack, strip, fumble recovery). He's having a great year. 

Sucks to lose, but with the travel, time change, and coming off the high of the Dolphins win, it isn't too surprising. Nothing to do but get home, rest up, and get ready to gash the Giants next week.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BernieBill said:

And again, like the articulate guy calling himself "Beast," you fail to recognize that Daboll was coordinating a younger and more inexperienced Josh Allen ... we are now in Josh Allen's prime and we are experimenting with Ken Dorsey and the same religious-fanatic defensive head coach who manages games about as well as the Blue Jays' John Schneider.  Forget I said "Brian Daboll," I know it's tough ... the team should have an offensive mastermind at head coach or at the very least at OC ... the Bills have neither.

Yes, I accept the argument the Bills should have an offensive geared head coach or someone with more experience at OC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

On to the next, the season isn’t over yet and if you think the Bills stink, you should have your head examined.:beer:

if the Daquan Jones and Matt Milano injuries are as bad as most indications are giving, it sure is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is McDermott's sixth season as head coach.  He was pretty good his first season.  Not sure there is any meaningful improvement since.   These games were we still feel like we are trying to figure things out on offense are very frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

He had two working elbows at least under Daboll lol Dorsey outperformed Daboll statistically with two absolutely horrendous offensive linemen, no real wr2, and a qb with a banged up throwing arm.  But yes josh was a year more mature I guess? 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Today is really depressing as a Bills fan. I can't help but feel like the season is lost or at least the SB hopes are. Big injuries continue to plague this team. 

Looking around we should’ve hired Doug Peterson.  We hired a legacy frat and held onto Dorsey even knowing he didn’t want to stay.  As it is the UCL tear is still affecting and effecting Josh.  

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

Worst part of the post-game - missing the gondola ferry and having to walk though masses.  Game sucked, clearly the team was off a beat or two (as one who felt off for like 5 days after traveling to Europe last week, I get it).  

Oh trust me the "Bills are a bad team" threads haven't even begun to start yet. Allot of the fake fans couldn't start them last week so they have them locked and loaded lol. Trust me if you get easily upset over absurd reactions this week is going to be rough on here.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Got a new version of josh today i’m going to call “corporate josh”. Corporate josh is risk adverse but doesn’t do the little things that win games, like scrambling for a first down to keep a desperately needed drive alive. 

the offense stunk today. Running out of shotgun should be used as an occasional change up, not your fastball. 

Corporate Josh has 357 yards passing and 3TDs 

3 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

The Jaguars played better and just looked like the better team.  The Bills are quite and up and down team.  They will need luck to make it to the playoffs.  When they play trash teams, they can play lights out.. the moment a team punches them in the mouth, they sorta fold.  Not a quality club too to bottom.  

Tell that to the Miami Dolphins 

Ok...

Dude, you’re literally one of the most Chicken Little posters on TBD.  you thought the season was over before it started.  

For f’s sake the the season isn’t lost and injuries happen to every team.  Let it play out without overreacting every game. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Looking around we should’ve hired Doug Peterson.  We hired a legacy frat and held onto Dorsey even knowing he didn’t want to stay.  As it is the UCL tear is still affecting and effecting Josh.  

The mother of all bad takes

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Thriftygamer83 said:

I'm not sure about the ACL still affecting Josh. Today, I think it was more about crappy play calling and execution. 

Too soon to give up on the team. There are 12 more games. McDermott will find a way to get the DBs playing better. They still have enough good players to win a lot of games. 

Some of these subs and young players--Damian Williams, Kincaid, Torrance--are going to get better. Maybe even Elam, though it's hard to have faith in him after today. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

This was not the type of game where we could overcome a bad drop like that. I like gabe but Gabe is so hot and cold it’s unreal. That was an easy completion for a first down and he killed the drive. 

Bad drop for sure but the reason this game was lost was not because the WR 2/3 wasn’t going. Davis even before garbage time made a few plays as did Harty. It was lack for a power run game and some bad penalties that cost them the chance to get going early and in Q3

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Huh? Where are you making this up from? Thin air?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

We should keep in mind that after the games play out today, the worst we can be is 1 game behind a maximum of 3 teams in the AFC.  With 12 games to go, all is not lost.

To me the difference is how teams are going to prepare and attack the defense going forward without White, Milano and Jones.  

Sure feels like everything has changed and the bills are going to have to score 30 + every week to win or they will have to play like today where they limit big plays but get bled to death and lose multiple possessions per game.  

Its going to be really frustrating and the better teams on offense, Miami, KC, Cincy etc. are going to exploit this.  I am really worried about the run defense going forward also when we play the physical running teams, Philly, Dallas, new england.

The schedule had a look coming up where ibuffalo could stack some wins and get ready for that Cin, KC, Philly, Dallas run.   Now I feel like every game is going to be a tightly played difficult matchup.  

37 minutes ago, SCBills said:

100% accurate tweet

….and while I’ve been impressed with McDermott this year, it’s damning…

It’d be cool if the refs can bail us out when we have a bad game against a mediocre team like they do with kc…of course to us they do the exact opposite and make the game harder for us 😂. Kc just sneaks by bad teams quite a few times per year 

the only time I can remember us getting a sketchy call late was against the rams in that game where the rams made a huge comeback.  That one felt like a makeup call for their blown int call earlier in the game though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

Again, the Daboll element is not the point, the fact that the McDermott-Dorsey regime is not constructed to maximize offense is.  Daboll was OC when Josh Allen was 13 seconds from a home AFC-title game ... how did the Bills offense do against the Bengals last year, at home, in the same round of the playoffs?  It's unnecessary to post such crude remarks about other Bills fans.  You like the offense with this coaching crew, more power to ya.

I said your post was awful. I didn’t say you were awful.

And now both your posts are awful.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

Bad drop for sure but the reason this game was lost was not because the WR 2/3 wasn’t going. Davis even before garbage time made a few plays as did Harty. It was lack for a power run game and some bad penalties that cost them the chance to get going early and in Q3

You are correct they couldn’t run the ball at all Cook just flat out stunk up the place today 

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Like when we only put up 16 at the Titans? 17 at the Chiefs? 16 at the Steelers? SIX against the Jags? 15 in a miserable performance at home to the Colts? 10 against the Pats (albeit that was the wind game). Overall, the offense played fine under Daboll but then it has since for the most part. Yes, the Bills have nightmare games under Dorsey but they had them under Daboll too.

#wrecked that little narrative 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.