Rich Eisen on The Mafia traveling to London

BisonMan

Bills reporters in London have said they see Bills fans everywhere, all over London.  and they said they didnt see any JAGS jerseys  anywhere

15 minutes ago, Lafromboise said:

He seems very annoyed..

I thought he sounded astounded and most impressed with Bills Mafia

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

How much of the crowd could we realistically have?

A quick scroll on Twitter has account after account saying London is flooded with Bills fans.  

I know a typical London game will have quite a bit of of British fans wearing random team gear. 

Is there a segment of tickets reserved for overseas folks?  Or could this truly become a pseudo-home game?

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

He seems very annoyed..

He's annoyed because the jet lag from eastern US to UK particularly sucks. And, as for the massive presence of Bills Mafia, it was less of a surprise and more like "Well, what the ***** did you expect??".

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

A quick scroll on Twitter has account after account saying London is flooded with Bills fans.  

I know a typical London game will have quite a bit of of British fans wearing random team gear. 

Is there a segment of tickets reserved for overseas folks?  Or could this truly become a pseudo-home game?

my uncle is there now for the game, and made it sound like pretty much all STH’ers got dibs to purchase/reserve tickets before the general public (although, obviously, a bunch would be held back for the well-connected, local people and organizations, etc)

Edited by RiotAct

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

my uncle is there now for the game, and made it sound like pretty much all STH’ers got dibs to purchase/reserve tickets before the general public (although, obviously, a bunch would be held back for the well-connected, local people and organizations, etc)

I don’t remember but I don’t think I ever got a ST option to buy tix for this game. I pretty much figured out very early I wouldn’t be going to the game so I admittedly didn’t pay much attention to it. But I don’t think it was offered. Can anyone else confirm? 

22 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don’t remember but I don’t think I ever got a ST option to buy tix for this game. I pretty much figured out very early I wouldn’t be going to the game so I admittedly didn’t pay much attention to it. But I don’t think it was offered. Can anyone else confirm? 

I remember getting emails about buying tickets but can't remember the details if it was ahead of the general public, or maybe through the NFL On Location.  I also knew I wasn't going to make the trip, so I just deleted them. 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

You're right.  All season ticket holders got was a chance to participate in an online sale a couple days before sales began to general public.  A limited number of tickets.  When I went online, there over 100,000 people ahead of me, so it obviously wasnt just season ticket holders.  Somehow, I still got a chance, but they have some weird credit card rules and I timed out without getting anything. It was awful.  There were NO tickets reserved strictly for season ticket holders.  

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Bills reporters in London have said they see Bills fans everywhere, all over London.  and they said they didnt see any JAGS jerseys  anywhere

Yes, but he was very annoyed with fellow passengers who were .....talking to each other

Rich, three words for you....Noise Cancelling Headphones.  Or EAR protectors.  Control what you can control.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yes, but he was very annoyed with fellow passengers who were .....talking to each other

Rich, three words for you....Noise Cancelling Headphones.  Or EAR protectors.  Control what you can control.

People talking to each other?  How dare they.  Don't they stare at their phones like everyone else?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

You're right.  All season ticket holders got was a chance to participate in an online sale a couple days before sales began to general public.  A limited number of tickets.  When I went online, there over 100,000 people ahead of me, so it obviously wasnt just season ticket holders.  Somehow, I still got a chance, but they have some weird credit card rules and I timed out without getting anything. It was awful.  There were NO tickets reserved strictly for season ticket holders.  

Same.  There was a special sale for STH but it was no better than the general public sale….. my place in line for that was 242,000.  Ticketmaster US and UK is a joke. 

So I overpaid on secondary market and type this from London.  Rumors are true Bills fans everywhere. Went to 3 bars last night and everyone was full of Mafia. So far I’ve seen 2 Jags fans.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I believe it was a red eye.  I can understand being somewhat annoyed especially if they are talking loudly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SNICE said:

Same.  There was a special sale for STH but it was no better than the general public sale….. my place in line for that was 242,000.  Ticketmaster US and UK is a joke. 

So I overpaid on secondary market and type this from London.  Rumors are true Bills fans everywhere. Went to 3 bars last night and everyone was full of Mafia. So far I’ve seen 2 Jags fans.

We're just coming into town from Heathrow.  Will crash for a while and be out later.

15 hours ago, SCBills said:

I got several emails to my Bills Backers account for travel agencies saying they had blocks of tickets for game in London.

Clearly some see this as a "Bills Mafia" travel game although I do not consider myself a "Bills Mafia" member.

Still have not used the "Bills Mafia" flag I was sent by Bills rather than usual box with schedules, magnets, stickers and Bills yearbook I got for more than 15 years.

11 hours ago, Beck Water said:

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

People talking to each other?  How dare they.  Don't they stare at their phones like everyone else?

and I guess they had their lights on, on a red eye flight where they turn off the lights and everyone tries to sleep, seems extremely rude. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

and I guess they had their lights on, on a red eye flight where they turn off the lights and everyone tries to sleep, seems extremely rude. 🤷‍♂️

Noise canceling headphones.

Sleep mask.

Just how professional a staff does Eisen have?

If that's a flight with a large contingent of Bills Mafia onboard, he's lucky they didn't form a conga line. 🤨

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Noise canceling headphones.

Sleep mask.

Just how professional a staff does Eisen have?

If that's a flight with a large contingent of Bills Mafia onboard, he's lucky they didn't form a conga line. 🤨

He didn't make a scene or anything, he didn't say anything to them on the flight, all he did was when talking about the flight is voice his complaint about people that break a rather obvious etiquette on those flights. The only people who see that who will know who he's talking about would have to be either the people who did it or people near him on the flight if any of those people happened to recognize him.

18 hours ago, Pete said:

We need to figure out what hotel that Jags fan is staying at and tip Rich off. Sure, there have been sightings, but he’s a bit like Waldo in the big picture. More elusive than the painted bunting! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

We need to figure out what hotel that Jags fan is staying at and tip Rich off. Sure, there have been sightings, but he’s a bit like Waldo in the big picture. More elusive than the painted bunting! 

There was a photo (I used to have a copy but can't find it) from when the Bills played in Nashville, I think it was 2019. It was one of the concourses, and just filled with Bills fans, like a game of Where's Waldo to find the Titans fan in the picture.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I can’t sleep in planes so I never take red eyes. 

I’m a slow learner, I guess. I have yet to get any meaningful rest on a red eye. Maybe I will be so exhausted I can finally get some sleep on the way back, but it’s not a red eye. It’s great to travel. It’s also great to get back home and see the wife and dogs, then sleep in your own bed. 

Nobody was rude on my flight with lights or talking, but the guy in front of me in the cheap seats reclined his seat when the guy in front of him reclined HIS seat. I kicked him into submission, and he talked to the guy in front of him. My knees had nowhere to go. I never recline on a plane because I know how annoying it is. 

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

There was a photo (I used to have a copy but can't find it) from when the Bills played in Nashville, I think it was 2019. It was one of the concourses, and just filled with Bills fans, like a game of Where's Waldo to find the Titans fan in the picture.  

I was at that game, and somewhere I have a picture of a sea of people in blue walking over the pedestrian bridge. It made me proud, and it made me chuckle a little!  😋

14 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

And I mean, he wasn't even complaining that they were doing something out of the way, like singing or whooping it up.

He complained that they were....Talking.

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean, is it conformity minded and the most considerate behavior, No.  But people react to flying differently, and there's nothing that says one can't have a quiet conversation with lights on if that's what gets you through the flight.  So I wouldn't call it "extremely rude" unless they were whooping it up and hollering or playing loud music or powering a disco ball off their USB port.

IMHO its "on" the people who 100% can and want to sleep, to bring face masks and noise-cancelling headphones or EAR protectors so that they can isolate themselves from those who can't/don't want to.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, SNICE said:

Those 2 Jags fans were just people in London who thought their jerseys looked cool.

Rich Eisen boarded the plane from LAX literally right in front of me on Wednesday afternoon. He was the last one on in upper class and we were right behind him in business class. He then proceeded to drop a bunch of red vines all over the boarding area. His ‘entourage’ was a total of two people and being as the flight was coming from Los Angeles I can honestly say I counted a total of THREE people wearing Bills gear. So In short, if he actually complained….sounds like he’s full of crap. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.