SNF - Chiefs vs Jets

sven233

28 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't disagree with the general sentiment but there was virtually zero chance of that ball being completed into that particular coverage.

I agree. I was just explaining that’s usually the reason refs will suddenly call a penalty on something they’ve been letting go all game. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I can just imagine the agony of someone who bet KC -8 watching Mahomes about to get the cover only to stop and slide and cost them the bet.  That's got to go on Bad Beats.  

No complaints from me. I took points with the Jets. KC only -8 against the Jets was a suspicious line all week. When KC went up 17 zip and it looked like a rout was brewing the refs made it stop with a phantom safety call and a horse caller call that wasn’t. It always feels great to bet on the right side of a rigged game! Vegas cleaned up. 

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Until the refs took it back over from the Jets

Ya the crowd was livid . Thought someone was going to beat up the ref on that int call on last drive

Chiefs looked bad

Jets seemed to lock up Kelce and Patty just didn't feel comfortable 

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree. I was just explaining that’s usually the reason refs will suddenly call a penalty on something they’ve been letting go all game. 

Even that might not be as infuriating if they threw the flag during the play when it happened, instead of waiting AT LEAST a couple seconds after the infraction - the penalty observed is for "holding before the ball is thrown", then the ball is thrown, then the ball travels like a punt a long way thru the air, then the ball is intercepted, and only now here comes the flag!

It stretches credulity to believe that sequence of events is a legitimate call.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Even that might not be as infuriating if they threw the flag during the play when it happened, instead of waiting AT LEAST a couple seconds after the infraction - the penalty observed is for "holding before the ball is thrown", then the ball is thrown, then the ball travels like a punt a long way thru the air, then the ball is intercepted, and only now here comes the flag!

It stretches credulity to believe that sequence of events is a legitimate call.

Absolutely 

Truly felt bad for Jet fans. They deserved the w or at lgeast the opportunity 

And the intentional grounding non call was just as bad

Edited by JerseyBills

47 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Mahomes clearly threw intentional grounding and that was a b.s penalty on the last drive int..

The jets got cornholed in the last 5 minutes, but that wasn't a grounding penalty.

He was hit as he was throwing toward an eligible receiver.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

There isn’t one team, currently, that comes close to the constant close game ref issues as the Chiefs.  

It happens here and there, with a different team one night and maybe another a few weeks later.  

It’s just constant with Kansas City.  And most opposing fanbases notice it. …it’s now a running joke on Twitter/X anytime they play a big game. 

Yep. Week one with the offensive lineman and now this. 

the nfl wants Taylor swift in the Super Bowl more than the chiefs at this point. 

2 hours ago, gobills404 said:

The chiefs continue to look very mediocre when they aren’t playing the worst team in football. They’re gonna get blown out and/or lose to a terrible team at some point this season and I can’t wait to see it.

Their wide receivers are the worst in the league. 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

The jets got cornholed in the last 5 minutes, but that wasn't a grounding penalty.

Agree. The holding penalty on Johnson was total B.S. but that was not grounding. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Didn’t these same refs call a safety on the chiefs when the facemask clearly happened outside the end zone?  And that was clear illegal contact by Gardner. If they called it on him every play like the refs should, the game would be unwatchable.  

I mean you are not wrong there. If certain other corners played like that it would be a flag fest.

2 hours ago, Success said:

KC is just getting that rep now. They got the plus end of the officiating in the AFCCG, the SB and now tonight.

It goes w/ the territory of having the top QB - and we saw it w/ Brady over & over & over again.  Teams that play the Chiefs have to overcome that to win.

The flag at the end of the Superbowl was a penalty. I can't believe we are still having that conversation. Hell, even the DB admitted he held him and was just "hoping to get away with it"

3 hours ago, Simon said:

I can't find a replay but the whole stadium was going nuts they didn't call that. We had phenomenal seats close to there, didn't seem like anyone was close.

Then this CLEAR hold on #11 on long Mahomes run, where Jets were ultimately flagged

https://x.com/KFCBarstool/status/1708679531974824074?s=20

That last pi call they were playing slo mos in the stadium and as I said,  I thought ppl were going to storm the field and beat that ref lol

Wish i could post vids on here,  ton of kc fans , they gave everyone these wrist bands that lit up. Was really cool experience at night and crowd was loud. 

Jets deserved that W and KC doesn't scare me at all. We are clearly the top dogs in the AFC. Probably only behind SF in the nfl.

Nothing will compare to the Bills gm last year. Do they bang the chairs in Orchard Park? Cause they were banging them every play last year, not so much last night. Wondering if it was influenced by Bills fans doing it

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I can't find a replay but the whole stadium was going nuts they didn't call that. We had phenomenal seats close to there, didn't seem like anyone was close.

Then this CLEAR hold on #11 on long Mahomes run, where Jets were ultimately flagged

That last pi call they were playing slo mos in the stadium and as I said,  I thought ppl were going to storm the field and beat that ref lol

1. Mahomes was hit as he threw which affected the throw that is why it wasn't grounding. There was no receiver in the immediate area but that area wasn't where he was trying to throw. 

2. Yea the officials have backed off offensive line holding this year across the league compared to the last two seasons IMO. The play where Ed Oliver got dinged yesterday he was CLEARLY held and we got away with one on the drive that ended up with Diggs' 3rd touchdown as well where looked like Dion had a pretty good hold on a defender. That is holding, but they have just not been calling it as much league wide. 

3. That was a B.S. call. 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Mahomes was hit as he threw which affected the throw that is why it wasn't grounding. There was no receiver in the immediate area but that area wasn't where he was trying to throw. 

2. Yea the officials have backed off offensive line holding this year across the league compared to the last two seasons IMO. The play where Ed Oliver got dinged yesterday he was CLEARLY held and we got away with one on the drive that ended up with Diggs' 3rd touchdown as well where looked like Dion had a pretty good hold on a defender. That is holding, but they have just not been calling it as much league wide. 

3. That was a B.S. call. 

1. I didn't know that was the reason for the no call. Interesting.  I didn't know defender impacted the ball

2. Agreed. I just thought on that play it was such an obvious and bad hold right in officials view that no flag was bs 

6 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Can’t really fault the Jets or Zach Wilson. They played very solid football, but beating the Chiefs and refs is a tall task. Their fans have every right to complain after this lopsidedly officiated game.

I had to crash when it was 20-20.  I just watched the rest of the game and man did the JETS get completely screwed by the league officials hardcore. I love the INT reversal that was complete BS With the WR Running into the DB. The flags comes out way after the INT. as well?.?

I'd be so pissed if I were a JETS fan.  Integrity of this game we love is being lost heavily by us fans do to incompetency. 

Maybe Mahomes needs to "grow up" now after being picked 3 times by the JETS?

Edited by Real McNasty

This is the real NFL instagram. 

Twitter profile has Swift at the top! Idk why I can't post.

This is b.s... Can't make this sh1t up..

Link to twitter page - https://x.com/Jmastapiece/status/1708703804051357786?s=20

F7aF-R3X0AE0rz6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Real McNasty said:

I had to crash when it was 20-20.  I just watched the rest of the game and man did the JETS get completely screwed by the league officials hardcore. I love the INT reversal that was complete BS With the WR Running into the DB. The flags comes out way after the INT. as well?.?

I'd be so pissed if I were a JETS fan.  Integrity of this game we love is being lost heavily by us fans do to incompetency. 

Maybe Mahomes needs to "grow up" now after being picked 3 times by the JETS?

Unbelievable.  And look at their Twitter and IG with Taylor Swift. 

Trust me, Jet fans were threatening that officials life. Straight garbage.  NFL should be ashamed 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Didn’t these same refs call a safety on the chiefs when the facemask clearly happened outside the end zone?  And that was clear illegal contact by Gardner. If they called it on him every play like the refs should, the game would be unwatchable.  

You didn’t listen, they said it was where the tug and head getting turned happened which was clearly in the end zone 

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You didn’t listen, they said it was where the tug and head getting turned happened which was clearly in the end zone 

Right. And it was 17 0 at that point with the Jets playing bad on top of that. Probably figured it'd be a blowout regardless 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Right. And it was 17 0 at that point with the Jets playing bad on top of that. Probably figured it'd be a blowout regardless 

In reality, I don’t know the nuance of the rule seems sketchy to me, but looked like they were trying to control the blowout at that point.

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Wish i could post vids on here,  ton of kc fans , they gave everyone these wrist bands that lit up. Was really cool experience at night and crowd was loud. 

Jets deserved that W and KC doesn't scare me at all. We are clearly the top dogs in the AFC. Probably only behind SF in the nfl.

Nothing will compare to the Bills gm last year. Do they bang the chairs in Orchard Park? Cause they were banging them every play last year, not so much last night. Wondering if it was influenced by Bills fans doing it

Thank you! I was literally screaming at the television on the holding of #11! That was unbelievable. The drive would’ve ended there. 

• Like (+1) 2

To me, yesterday was a three hour ad for Taylor Swift with a game mixed in.   The league only wanted that to go one way.  I won't go as far as saying that it is rigged, but I think it is fair to say that to beat the Chiefs (and the Patriots with Brady), you have to play well enough to win by 10.   If you play equally or even just well enough to beat them, that timely call or two will give them the edge.

When I look at the hold yesterday and PI in the Superbowl, yes, those qualify as penalties, but you could find something on that in almost every play.   The refs are choosing not to call those most of the time, but chose to call them at that point.    Makes me wonder why they dont call that every time or why they choose to call it then.  Make me also wonder why they ignore more blatant calls at the same time.

If Mahomes and Brady are the GOAT's. why do they need that?  It hurts the credibility of the league.   Let them win on their merit.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thank you! I was literally screaming at the television on the holding of #11! That was unbelievable. The drive would’ve ended there. 

Well Jets ended up with a flag so they would've replayed the 3rd and 20 but Jets D was dominating, it was just disgusting and the ref is RIGHT THERE

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

To me, yesterday was a three hour ad for Taylor Swift with a game mixed in.   The league only wanted that to go one way.  I won't go as far as saying that it is rigged, but I think it is fair to say that to be the Chiefs (and the Patriots with Brady), you have to play well enough to win by 10.   If you play equally or even just well enough to beat them, that timely call or two will give them the edge.

When I look at the hold yesterday and PI in the Superbowl, yes, those qualify as penalties, but you could find something on that in almost every play.   The refs are choosing not to call those most of the time, but chose to call them at that point.    Makes me wonder why they dont call that every time or why they choose to call it then.  Make me also wonder why they ignore more blatant calls at the same time.

If Mahomes and Brady are the GOAT's. why do they need that?  It hurts the credibility of the league.   Let them win on their merit.

The league doesn't have to be rigged from top to bottom for outcomes of particular games to be influenced decisively. All it takes is a wink and a nod, nothing that can be proven or even called out. Money or other rewards can be exchanged later. If I'm a congressman (god forbid), I would quietly urge the FBI to probe the matter at least on a preliminary basis. That field goal a few weeks ago by the Rams (I believe) in the last seconds when they were down a touchdown is Exhibit A. 

• Like (+1) 1

I cannot believe the Jets are going to punt the season with that defense because they do not want to piss of Rodger’s. 

go get a QB and they win last night. That should really be a fireable offense from Douglas on Down. 

that defense has now given the two best QBs fits in Allen and Mahomes. I think they also have the horses to ***** down MIA offense twice. 

if they would go get a legit QB they would be right back in it but are going to punt the season for the 40 year old and hope he comes back from that injury (he won’t) in 2024. 

The refs screwed both teams on SNF.  On the safety, the Chiefs player clearly grabbed the facemask of the Jet on the 1 yard line, and the penalty should have been called at that point.  The song and dance about him pulling the facemask harder after they got into the end zone is just embarrassing CYA for the league.  Two free points for the Jets, and the ball back.  

But far worse was the critical play where Gardner was called for defensive holding.  There were three really outrageous mistakes.  First, there wasn't any holding.  Second, the official didn't throw the flag for that penalty until AFTER he saw the interception made.  And third, one of the Chiefs O linemen was holding a Jet for at least five seconds, right in front of the official.  

3 hours ago, Lagoon Blues said:

that slide by pat robbed me thats for sure 😔

On every bet, someone wins and someone loses.  Mahomes made a very smart play.  He was thinking about getting the W, not covering the spread.  Good job.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I cannot believe the Jets are going to punt the season with that defense because they do not want to piss of Rodger’s. 

go get a QB and they win last night. That should really be a fireable offense from Douglas on Down. 

that defense has now given the two best QBs fits in Allen and Mahomes. I think they also have the horses to ***** down MIA offense twice. 

if they would go get a legit QB they would be right back in it but are going to punt the season for the 40 year old and hope he comes back from that injury (he won’t) in 2024. 

Wilson threw accurate passes against the Bills after Rodgers' injury, and in the second half last night he was playing at a solid B+ level, at least up to the critical fumble.  I think the Jets D certainly can do to the Dolphins what the Bills did to the Dolphins.  Strong Jets D line against the Dolphins weak and injured O line will be the big difference.  

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

How about giving the Jets QB that beat Buffalo and almost beat the Chiefs a chance to develop...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

How about giving the Jets QB that beat Buffalo and almost beat the Chiefs a chance to develop...

Sure Punt the season that is fine.  Waste a year of an Elite Defense. 

I am fine with it as Salah and company get canned on Black Monday.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Rewatching some of this game since I’m sick. The calls and no calls KC is getting, particularly on OL, seems worse than anything Brady ever got with NE. 

Snap after snap they’re lining up wrong, jumping Offside, holding. Then add on the phantom DPI’s. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen it consistently this bad for one team over such huge stretches of plays, quarters, and games. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Rewatching some of this game since I’m sick. The calls and no calls KC is getting, particularly on OL, seems worse than anything Brady ever got with NE. 

Snap after snap they’re lining up wrong, jumping Offside, holding. Then add on the phantom DPI’s. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen it consistently this bad for one team over such huge stretches of plays, quarters, and games. 

Watching that game I’d be sick as a Jets fan. Beating the Bills and Chiefs is comparable to post season wins seeing as what could have been on the table had Rogers been on the field. 

Jets are a division rival but we are all fans of a sport… sickening that parity on officiating isn’t an afterthought. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

Watching that game I’d be sick as a Jets fan. Beating the Bills and Chiefs is comparable to post season wins seeing as what could have been on the table had Rogers been on the field. 

Jets are a division rival but we are all fans of a sport… sickening that parity on officiating isn’t an afterthought. 

It’s not just this game. Let’s not forget their RT is a disaster. They call him on it once and Andy Reid basically gaslights the league with “woah, where is the consistency, we do this every week.  Ow we are getting screwed”.

Looks like the league bent over and took it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.