Around the NFL Week 3

HappyDays

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

A vet QB shouldn't throw the ball only were the receiver can catch it and then have it bounce off of the receiver to get caught by the defense?

That's more of a receiver issue than a QB issue.

I’m not even talking about the interception.  My point is Cousins should have spiked the ball before that play even occurred. Heck, due to the clock still running they rushed to get the play off. That’s on Cousins. 

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

I'm never OK with egregious officiating. Their job is not hard, despite the political coach-speak, and they ruin games far too often.

Honestly, the only replay they kept showing was from behind the receiver, and I could not tell when the contact was initiated, and how bad it was. Was very surprised that they didn’t have another angle, since you know, they have about 8 cameras at these games.

Just now, Iverwig said:

I’m not even talking about the interception.  My point is Cousins should have spiked the ball before that play even occurred. Heck, due to the clock still running they rushed to get the play off. That’s on Cousins. 

Missed that. I agree. He should have spiked it. The play was fine IMO though.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Was "Payton is a good coach" a mirage?  Does he get inordinate credit because of that onside kick & SB win?

Kind of reminds me of how Fisher sustained a career on one close SB.

I've been on that train for years now. He had a great year in the Katrina aftermath. 

But look what he did in all those years with a prime Brees, good to great WRs, decent rosters. The guy is so overblown. 

He took Nate Hackett's team...and made it worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

What is wrong with Jacksonville?

I honestly haven't really watched them this year, but every time I watched them last year I thought Trevor Lawrence was one of the most overhyped players in the league. Too many mistakes, not nearly the generational prospect that everyone made him out to be.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

As much as I hate seeing the Dolphins score that many points, it's almost worth it to see Sean Payton get totally embarrassed.

In one game, they scored more points than 23 other teams have for the year so far. 

And they got within striking distance of 4 others.

Ravens - 71 points 

Lions - 72 points 

Browns - 73 points

Colts - 74 points 

Miami now has 130 points through 3 games, good for 1st place. The Bills are 2nd place, with 91 points 😅

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

Was "Payton is a good coach" a mirage?  Does he get inordinate credit because of that onside kick & SB win?

- He’s not the DC

- He had a hall of fame QB for 15 years

He took a year or two off. We’ll see in three years if this was a Broncos bust

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Is almost like Drew Brees was a great qb, Russell Wilson isn't and Payton is an average head coach

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

When looking at that Miami score, don’t forget that the Broncos gave up 36 points at home to the team that we just shut out. 

If our D gets after Tua the way they just did this game.....totally different ball game. 70pts though....sheesh. Is that offense really that good or is that D really that bad.

1 minute ago, Rockinon said:

If our D gets after Tua the way they just did this game.....totally different ball game. 70pts though....sheesh. Is that offense really that good or is that D really that bad.

He gets the ball out in 1-2 seconds

were not getting there. Only Floyd or Von can immediately win.

just watch what pats did. Replicate it. And hope Josh and O are perfect

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rockinon said:

735 yards on offense. 😲 If I’m a Denver defensive player, I don’t show my face in public this coming week.

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Edmunds is really, I mean REALLY clueless. He has no business being in the middle of the field where you are suppose to have the most awareness 

A number of us pointed out how easily manipulated Edmunds was when playing good QB's...yet, we were told it would hurt this team to lose the guy with zero instincts

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Tua no doubt is looking sharp, but the big question with him is is how long can he stay healthy?

The national media is just waiting for Buffalo to lose to Miami next week so that we will be 2 games back and they can anoint Miami afc east champs early. But Even if we lose this one, Tua has to stay healthy for 17 games. That’s a big if. The division race won’t be over even if we lose Sunday but the media will run with that narrative full bore, you can count on that.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.