Ken Dorsey "posterized" again for his coaches box reaction

Beck Water

• Beck Water changed the title to Ken Dorsey "posterized" again for his coaches box reaction
2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

The ubiquitousness of cameras is really saddening. Can a coach now not celebrate an excellent TD without being "posterized"? Nothing was broken - laptops were safe, papers didn't fly. Why is his celebration highlighted 

It's not a big deal. Everything becomes a gif these days so folks can use them in text messaging as reactions. Nothing inherently "good" or "bad" about it. No one is criticizing Dorsey, nor celebrating him for that manner.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I hope this clip doesn't become a thing.  Other than using it as a reference to his past meltdown, why is this reaction even remotely notable?

There's a saying "Give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon".  Like it or don't, he's got a reputation for booth shenanigans now so people are watching.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

There's a saying "Give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon".  Like it or don't, he's got a reputation for booth shenanigans now so people are watching.

Good!

After 20+ years of complete irrelevancy, there is a big part of me that gets warmth and satisfaction from having our small market team in such the spotlight. As an out-of-towner it's great seeing so much of the team.

Josh, Stef, or Bills Mafia is featured in practically every-other national commercial.

People not only know who our coaches are, but are following them for their quirky reactions, turning them into popular gifs.

I turn on the Spittin Chiclets hockey podcast yesterday to hear about the Mike Babcock controversy, and the former NHLers spend the first 5-10 minutes talking BILLS and BUFFALO.

BILLS BILLS BILLS EVERYWHERE

(now we just need that championship, but it's nice to at least be relevant again)

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's not a big deal. Everything becomes a gif these days so folks can use them in text messaging as reactions. Nothing inherently "good" or "bad" about it. No one is criticizing Dorsey, nor celebrating him for that manner.

The OP titled the thread that Dorsey is being "posterized" which implies it is not being made out to be a non-issue. This culture of micro observations, wide distribution and then the mocking by many people is not good. 

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It is only a reputation because the video of a single incident was widely distributed . If it is recurrent behavior, then I would agree with the analogy but given the singular nature of the evidence, it's not fair to make it his reputation 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

When they showed it on TV, I tried to lip-read and came up with, "F*** yeah!" and something else I couldn't figure out.

Now that I've watched the recording a few times, I still think that.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Next head coach of the Cleveland Browns

Why do you hate Dorsey?

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why does Dorsey remind me so much of this?

dance-kids.gif

Is that Seth Rogen?  Did Ken Dorsey hang out with Seth Rogen when he was little?

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thank God there was never cameras on me in the booth

Why? did you not have pants on?

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 2

JFC, society is broken if this sort of thing is now a thing, 

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

He cares and wants to win how is this bad?

His previous display of emotion was deemed unbecoming of a coach. Grudgingly agreed with others' opinion on that. In this case, imo, his reaction is perfectly fine. He is too involved with the game and showing an elated reaction is totally acceptable. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

7 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

His previous display of emotion was deemed unbecoming of a coach. Grudgingly agreed with others' opinion on that. In this case, imo, his reaction is perfectly fine. He is too involved with the game and showing an elated reaction is totally acceptable. 

Fair enough but I prefer this to dick jourons polite apathy.

• Like (+1) 1

It is amazing how the Dorsey haters come out of the woodwork here and on Twitter/X.

Last week, Dorsey was blamed for throwing three interceptions, fumbling, not blocking, and not tackling.

This week Josh won the AFC  player of the week. Given that the haters blamed Dorsey for the interceptions etc., Dorsey should be the OC of the week if they want to be consistent.

As for his reaction last year during the Miami game and this past Sunday, I have NO problem. I am glad he cares and is passionate about our team.

Carry on. 

• Agree 1

I think it was Josh's rookie season. OC Daboll is coaching from the sideline. We're down a few points with time to run one play. Josh lays a perfect game-winning TD pass and the receiver drops it. Remember Daboll's reaction?

He fell over face-first into the ground.

I like my coordinators displaying their passion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I hope this clip doesn't become a thing.  Other than using it as a reference to his past meltdown, why is this reaction even remotely notable?

Because the OP will start a brand new thread on the slightest thing Bills related... if his cashier at the supermarket's name was Bill, it's a new thread. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ben said:

He cares and wants to win how is this bad?

Not saying it's bad.  Just saying it's a thing.

I do believe that if he wants to progress to being a head coach, it might interfere.  He may be perceived as not  emotionally contained and controlled enough for the higher position. 

But that's a him problem.

Edited by Beck Water

32 minutes ago, T&C said:

Because the OP will start a brand new thread on the slightest thing Bills related... if his cashier at the supermarket's name was Bill, it's a new thread. 

I'd be terribly flattered that you pay so much attention to the threads I start, except, well, I can't say that I am. 

For one thing, it's kinda stalker-ish and creepy. 

For another, given the number of threads I factually start, you're making ***** up just to take a shot at me, and that's really not a good look.

Why not just ignore  threads that don't interest you instead of....bumping them up the board by responding?

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Fair enough but I prefer this to dick jourons polite apathy.

A point.  A good point.

2 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

That short interview actually endeared me to him a little... I hope he succeeds. 

I agree, he seemed far more natural and at ease and likeable.  It shed a little light on how the players and fellow coaches might see him.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

How the @#$!#$%^$%^&! are you guys getting these things to embed?  I keep trying the tip I was given of editing the link to "twitter.com" and still doesn't.

Literally just copy the address from browser and paste.  That's it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.