Fan dies in stands after fight at Patriots game

Bubba Gump

I just saw this on the evening news & this is the most ignorant action any fan of a team could take against another fan weather they are on opposing sides or not . It's a game for goodness sake but there are those kinds every where & it seems to becoming to be more apparent in todays world unfortunately .

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

two men brawling is their own business.  You are correct, the other guy started it.  We don 't know why.  Maybe he had a good reason.  Probably not.  But still mano y mano.  Two men tussling is not deadly.  Third man in throwing a sucker punch is a ***** coward!

A better solution is never start a physical confrontation because you have no idea who he has as reinforcements.  If some guy came over & grabbed me I'd hope someone with a better angle would come & knock the guy out.  There's no such thing as mano y mano when the guy comes over & physically attacks another person no matter what the other guy said.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If some drunk starts messing with you at a game, just continue to ask him with a convincing concerned tone:

Are you okay?

Do you need help?

Is there a friend or family member I can call for you?

Are you going to be alright?

It works.

Of course, you have to be a level-headed person to do it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We had a Raiders fan in our row Sunday. I walked up to him and asked if heard the rule that opposing fans buy a beer for everyone in the row. Dude laughed and shook my hand. It was fun the rest of the day with him. That’s how it’s supposed to be. I can’t imagine getting so angry I’d punch someone at a game

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

We had a Raiders fan in our row Sunday. I walked up to him and asked if heard the rule that opposing fans buy a beer for everyone in the row. Dude laughed and shook my hand. It was fun the rest of the day with him. That’s how it’s supposed to be. I can’t imagine getting so angry I’d punch someone at a game

Smart and civil. Defuse a potential confrontation and turn it into a polite difference of supporting different teams among football fans.

I did see on the news this morning reports these guys were going at it and arguing most of the game so I'm curious why stadium security didn't notice the problem and step in before it turned fatal?  Then agian, we've seen lots of stuff they ignore or don't see.

I'm guessing the incident might force the league to start cracking down on rowdy out of control fans. 

17 hours ago, Pete said:

two men brawling is their own business.  You are correct, the other guy started it.  We don 't know why.  Maybe he had a good reason.  Probably not.  But still mano y mano.  Two men tussling is not deadly.  Third man in throwing a sucker punch is a ***** coward!

Unless one of the people was not a willing participant.  If someone walks up and violently grabs a someone I am with, I would certainly try to help him defend against the attacker.  Two men tussling can absolutely turn deadly.  On the other hand, if two guys square up and want to fight, I agree that the third guy in is completely wrong.

17 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I hope the fins fans show a lot of support regardless of who was at fault.

It looks like the link to the Gofundme has been taken down.  If the guy initiated the confrontation, I wonder if Gofundme would allow the fund raiser to continue?  Based on the witness accounts, it doesn't sound like the guy was the victim in this altercation.  

39 minutes ago, Simon said:

I hope his family gets some kind of definitive answer caused his death.  If he had no known issues it would seem the confrontation brought it on.. right? 

9 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

It looks like the link to the Gofundme has been taken down.  If the guy initiated the confrontation, I wonder if Gofundme would allow the fund raiser to continue?  Based on the witness accounts, it doesn't sound like the guy was the victim in this altercation.  

That’s dumb if they took it down for that reason, especially since every witness also says he is sucker punched by someone else . All in all an incident that easily could have been prevented. 

43 minutes ago, Simon said:

I've always thought heart attack given his size/age and the fact he was only punched once.

Doesnt matter since this whole thing caused it either way. But I guess it might mean a difference in the amount of jail time for the Miami fan?

11 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

That entire idea is in really bad taste. Trying really hard to be anything like the Bills Mafia, no surprise Miami cant come close.

This isnt someone getting sick or injured. This is a crime and a tragedy. And WTF is $10,000 going to do?

Dumb idea.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I've always thought heart attack given his size/age and the fact he was only punched once.

Doesnt matter since this whole thing caused it either way. But I guess it might mean a difference in the amount of jail time for the Miami fan?

That entire idea is in really bad taste. Trying really hard to be anything like the Bills Mafia, no surprise Miami cant come close.

This isnt someone getting sick or injured. This is a crime and a tragedy. And WTF is $10,000 going to do?

Dumb idea.

I will be shocked if the family doesn’t sue the Dolphins and Patriots along with the NFL siting something like wrongful death caused by not providing proper security.. or something like that.   

that said 10k is nothing and something he easily could have donated himself to start it

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

If some drunk starts messing with you at a game, just continue to ask him with a convincing concerned tone:

Are you okay?

Do you need help?

Is there a friend or family member I can call for you?

Are you going to be alright?

It works.

Of course, you have to be a level-headed person to do it.

I tried that with some wasted people during the NCAA hoops tournament. It didn’t work, it just made them mad……until my 6’5” buddy who weighs about 270lbs stood up. They suddenly became more “cooperative.”   😋

18 hours ago, T master said:

I just saw this on the evening news & this is the most ignorant action any fan of a team could take against another fan weather they are on opposing sides or not . It's a game for goodness sake but there are those kinds every where & it seems to becoming to be more apparent in todays world unfortunately .

So unfortunately true, and so very sad. 

Folk who live an insular lifestyle tend to be the ones who lash out verbally and literally, giving no credence to others views or well-being, it is a sad state of affairs and it has infected our entire country. We don’t have to agree about everything, but we should be kind to one another. 

On 9/19/2023 at 10:04 PM, stuvian said:

thank you NFL security for keeping us safe

I worked that job for 1/2 a season back in my college days. 

worst job I’ve ever had in my entire life. 
the amount of insults hurled at you for no reason because you are wearing the yellow coat/shirt is insane. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

the amount of insults hurled at you for no reason because you are wearing the yellow coat/shirt is insane. 

Unfortunately, wearing certain uniforms these days seems to give some people license to attack you, even though they have zero idea of the type of person you are.

It's a sad world that consists of so many people who make snap judgements about others based solely on a person's appearance.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I loved it when I had to do it.  I didn't do an NFL game but did at Talladega and those drunk rednecks are entertaining.

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I loved it when I had to do it.  I didn't do an NFL game but did at Talladega and those drunk rednecks are entertaining.

I did it so I could see the inaugural winter classic for free 😂 and then did some senior PGA tour events at oak hill. Those were great. 

football games were pure hell. 

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I did it so I could see the inaugural winter classic for free 😂 and then did some senior PGA tour events at oak hill. Those were great. 

football games were pure hell. 

The one thing I will always remember is the stadium allowed you to bring in your own beer but it was how many you could carry in yourself because they didn't allow coolers.

One fat dude walked up with a 6 pack duct taped to his neck.  Another 3 six packs duct taped around his waist.  There isn't much shade anywhere so those beers were very warm within the hour.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.