Takeo Spikes was the legend of the game - and he didn’t like his free seat

Einstein

There are two separate issues:

1. The prominent Alumni should be heard. It does sound like the Bills Front Office is dropping the ball in this area. You can't sit there and treat everyone like the king, but getting some anonymous griping is not the best look.
  2. Take care which former players you invite. If you're inviting guys who plainly identify with other teams before the Bills, you run the risk of this type of negative publicity stunt. Given Cincy's struggles to start, it wouldn't surprise me if his whole motive was to add fuel to these off-the-field fires that have brewed this last month.

5 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Maybe Drew will be more appreciative.

DB.jpg

I heard Drew Bledsoe interviewed on the radio about 5 yrs ago. Seems like a bright and successful guy. Owned a winery that was selling $100 bottles of wine. 

Doesn’t seem to be the type to complain about a free suite. 

I guess we’ll see. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Guy was offered a better seat. Declined so he could beef about it on social media.

Maybe he'll get an upgrade somewhere else when he returns as "a Bengals Legend"...or Eagles Legend...or 49ers Legend...or Chargers Legend....or

And I was trashed for most of this thread because I said this was not a big deal

• Like (+1) 1

I got one of his TKO hats for raising money for one of his charities.

Should I complain to him I did not get a helmet?

RB Jamie Mueller Buffalo Bills RB (1987–1992) will be a guest of our annual Northern Virginia Bills Backers tailgate at Jimmy's Old Town Tavern

I will ask Jamie if he felt disrespected by Bills.

I don't know what to think of the situation and would need to know more accurate, behind the scenes details

Looking at it initially I thought it seemed like a very petty move on Takeo Spikes part and in the grand scheme he really isn't that much of a legend here

But after reading the article it seems like there is a bigger picture story going on and some issues between the organization and alumni and Spikes was "taking one for the team" by going public with this; the article says there are other more prominent alumni who have issues with how they are treated but they can't really go public with their complaints.

Once again, hard to form a true opinion without knowing the entire situation behind closed doors

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/17/2023 at 7:01 PM, Warcodered said:

Wow hope that was an accident.

Yah there are regular seats in the stadium that have better sight lines than that particular seat . It sucks that he came back & expected to be treated as a Bills legend & got that in return . I hope those in charge send out a formal apology ! 

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Can we get an update on where bledsoe sat today? I'm dying to know.

3 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Can we just stop with this legends bs. Drew Bledsoe didn’t even know the Bills shout chant. He’s been a massive dbag in the past with negative comments about Buffalo. How bout they just do this once or twice a year with a real legend. This is so stupid.

This is all I got.

https://x.com/BuffaloBills/status/1708536755224494332?s=20

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.