Takeo Spikes was the legend of the game - and he didn’t like his free seat

Einstein

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

It’s about being a great host. You don’t do this to your guest of honor. They should be in or near the owner’s suite every week. 

THIS is the stuff that people remember. You ever go to a nice restaurant and the forks are dirty or they sit you next to the kitchen? You have higher standards. 

If Spikes posted this, I’m willing to bet this wasn’t the only clown thing that happened. 

Just completely classless by the Pegulas. This is the stuff that is a true reflection of who they are as people. 

It's a bad look and bad execution but I doubt the Pegulas were involved in this level of daily stadium operations stuff. 

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

It's a bad look and bad execution but I doubt the Pegulas were involved in this level of daily stadium operations stuff. 

It all trickles down. 

At the end of the day they are the owners of the mansion (the stadium) and the caretakers (stadium employees) are given their marching orders to take care of the guests (fans). 

It’s the culture you build. Good hospitality starts at the very very top. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

It all trickles down. 

At the end of the day they are the owners of the mansion (the stadium) and the caretakers (stadium employees) are given their marching orders to take care of the guests (fans). 

No they aren't

13 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

It all trickles down. 

The Bills have treated alumni like gold since the Pegula’s have taken over. It really is a joke that some think we have owners that are just the worst that ever owned a team.

59 minutes ago, Augie said:

You’re probably much shorter and it would be just fine.   😋

I’d hate to be paying full freight on that, wherever it may be. 

At the time, it was not expensive at all (comparatively) Like $3,000 for the entire season and included a full buffet.

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

I'm not a fan of your thread title; it implies that you have a problem with Spikes having a problem

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think someone got Maddy's and Takeo's assigned seats mixed up.

Guilty laughter here

Wasn't T.O. a legend of the game once? I can't believe we didn't get a complaint then!

• Thank you (+1) 1

That is really bad. That suite shouldn't even exist. It should be a storage room. That would be so annoying to have an obstructed view.

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's literally in a suite lol

Sure it's not the best view but he's in a suite 

With unlimited accommodations probably

Who cares if it is a suite? He wants to watch the game and has an obstructed view. The game is the only thing that matters and he can't watch it well.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Pretty sure that guy could sit anywhere, he just needed to ask. Seems like he's just trying to stir ***** up.

I mean I guess he could have bought the appropriate seats for the situation from scalpers on the way in too for that matter. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Just ran into Takeo a couple months ago as we were both out to dinner at the same steakhouse. Head an awesome chat with him.

Told him my story about being at that last game of the season when he came into town with the Bengals, and the whole stadium knew he was about to be a Free Agent and cheered for him out of the tunnel, and every time he made a tackle. He talked about how much that day meant to him, and how coming to Buffalo was the best decision and greatest thing to happen to him. He's really appreciative of Bills fans, Buffalo, and his time with the Bills.

This is very cool and I’m sure Spikes is a good dude. 

I still have my Spikes jersey hanging in the closet (it’s from that Bledsoe era of the ugliest Bills jerseys ever, so it’ll stay on the hanger). 

Loved him during his tenure with the Bills. 

But him b!tching about a free EVERYTHING at a Bills game - in which he was honored - is a bad look. 

He was gifted an experience that most of us would have to deplete a significant chunk of our life savings to get … and he complained. 

Wah. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I still have my Spikes jersey hanging in the closet (it’s from that Bledsoe era of the ugliest Bills jerseys ever, so it’ll stay on the hanger). 

But him b!tching about a free EVERYTHING at a Bills game - in which he was honored - is a bad look. 

He was gifted an experience that most of us would have to deplete a significant chunk of our life savings to get … and he complained. 

Wah. 

Yep, he's just trying to bash the Bills office when it probably would've been very easy for him to mold this experience any way he wanted to. Why sit in a specific spot and pout when you could easily just move somewhere else for a better view.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wah. 

I get a better suite seat as a run of the mill office worker who nobody has ever heard of.  Meanwhile he was specifically Invited as a legend of the game, and he was a tremendous player for Buffalo during a not so great patch of their history.

He's not a lifelong Bills fan,  and he's not poor enough to just be happy to be there.  It's insulting and unprofessional by whoever is making those decisions for the stadium. I have no issue with him pointing it out

Edited by Fetou
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

I get a better suite seat as a run of the mill office worker who nobody has ever heard of.  Meanwhile he was specifically Invited as a legend of the game, and he was a tremendous player for Buffalo during a not so great patch of their history.

He's not a lifelong Bills fan,  and he's not poor enough to just be happy to be there.  It's insulting and unprofessional by whoever is making those decisions for the stadium. I have no issue with him pointing it out

Do you get that suite all expenses paid?

Yes … someone screwed up by giving him an obstructed view. 

An obstructed view to the Bills home opener that he paid exactly $0.00 for. 

Pointing it out to the right people would have been appropriate. 

Pointing it out via social media is a dick move. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Screw that. The Bills shouldn’t be so clueless that this ever happened in the first place. And he never should have had to point it out. It just should have been known. You don’t stick a former legend of the team, The guy that’s there to pump up the crowd and the team, in a bunk seat where you can’t even see the whole field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yes, all expenses paid including transportation to and from, food and drinks, etc.

I don't think the money even comes into play here in the slightest. He's a former pro bowl caliber NFL player from the modern Era, some free drinks and cafeteria quality food isn't even moving the needle when you live that lifestyle. It's a respect thing, and they used him for promotional gameday entertainment on the field and then gave him THAT view? Big insult. I'm sure when they are giving free stuff to the politicial families they need hundreds of millions of dollars of funding from, they wouldn't make that mistake.

I can't imagine taking an everyday business client to that suite with a straight face,  let alone your legend of the game NFL football player

Edited by Fetou
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, mrags said:

Screw that. The Bills shouldn’t be so clueless that this ever happened in the first place. And he never should have had to point it out. It just should have been known. You don’t stick a former legend of the team, The guy that’s there to pump up the crowd and the team, in a bunk seat where you can’t even see the whole field. 

I’m just not going to feel bad for a multimillionaire who got a bad FREE SUITE when I can’t even afford a seat in the 300s. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.