Where is the data to suggest that things will change?

Virgil

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

"keep composure" ??? What does that mean?

People writing insightful posts pointing out flaws with our team's construct are not "losing composure" and even if they were, who the hell cares? This is a message board for Christ's sake, filled mostly with  low IQ posters.

If you can't B word and be stupid here, where can you!?

😂

You know the definition of being composed…I think.

So you come to this message board just to B word and be stupid?

If that’s who you are, more power to you?

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

giphy.gif

Seasons done. time to find a new regime from top to bottom. maybe terry sells the team and the new ownership rights the ship? wonder what they could get for a JA trade? he obviously isn't the answer at QB. every phase of the game needs to be stripped and reset. special teams sucks, defense couldn't stop a nose bleed and the offense as a whole is a disaster. then you take coaching. get rid of the whole staff.

this team will be lucky to win 6/7 games and will be no fun to watch, like last night was no fun to watch. I'm sure I can find better things to do with my Sunday, like fishing.

team/organization has been snake bit. it started back when they went to 4 straight super bowls and lost every one, four straight. then this group, gets close but always manages to ***** it up. as a fan, one can really take only so much. I have a thick skin, not much bothers me but there is no sense in going through another game let alone season when the outcome is pretty evident with this losing bunch. JA should be embarrassed from his performance last night. but when a team is snake bit, those kind of nights will continue to happen. throwing 3 picks to same player, 3. that just doesn't happen unless the team is the buffalo bills. a team that has brought more pain to its fans then any other nfl fan base out there.

sure, it was one game and some will write it off as that but the reality is that game was a clear picture of what is to come.

bamboo pole, some shade, good music and catch a few fish on Sunday afternoon. nice relaxing days ahead and more entertaining than watching this team meltdown like it did last night.

GO *cough cough BILLS...👎

Not sure if serious....

41 minutes ago, Success said:

" Great, elite QB's, don't do what Josh did tonight"

I mean, I just started a thread earlier about Peyton Manning throwing 6 picks in a primetime game.  And they all have had games like that.

As to the main question of the OP: I was pretty encouraged by literally every other facet of the game for the Bills. I thought the pass rush was way better, the O-line was good, Bernard held up well, Kincaid looked like the guy we hoped he would be, Groot has taken a next step, et al.  

This is a better team than last year.  Josh just has to be better than he was last night.

I'm with you. The D looked good. The running game seemed serviceable-to-good.  No drops issues with the WRs like last year. Dorsey came with a good ball control gameplan.  Josh just decided to go off script and throw the game away.  That's really the only takeaway for me.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Oh I agree… I’m just saying it’s not like the short passing game was firing on all cylinders… the Bills lack of receivers with any sort of YAC ability play a part in that. 

I am not blaming the WR and their YAC ability yesterday.  They didn’t have room to move because they had someone on them immediately.  Even on Diggs slant routes, there wasn’t much separation.

The implosion on the board is absolutely hilarious. I've seen a topic complaining about everything from last night. It's absolutely hilarious. 

Like 2 years ago when we lost to the corpse of Big Ben... everyone thought the sky was falling and then Josh went on to have an MVP season taking second in voting..

Bills fans are actually the funniest group of people to watch complain after ANYTHING wrong happens. The most irrational people.

Week 1 in the NFL is a lie. It always has been. Teams look better than they are and most teams look worse than they are... cant tell that to the Bills fanbase though.. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

What's wrong with that, though? So the offense takes time to get down the field, that's fine. At least 4.8 YPT progresses the football and retains possession. And, with Rodgers down, the Jets would have started to worry had the Bills dink and dunked on them.

Yea and sometimes you just have acknowledge that a defense has your offensive personell outmatched. Outside of Allen and Diggs the jets certainly had that advantage.

Thats the other thing I’m finding disagreement with - attacking Dorsey. He did exactly what you’re supposed to when the Defensive front is better than your offensive line and has a great secondary to go with it. If Allen stuck with the game plan, we’re waking up in a much better mood

1 minute ago, warrior9 said:

The implosion on the board is absolutely hilarious. I've seen a topic complaining about everything from last night. It's absolutely hilarious. 

Like 2 years ago when we lost to the corpse of Big Ben... everyone thought the sky was falling and then Josh went on to have an MVP season taking second in voting..

Bills fans are actually the funniest group of people to watch complain after ANYTHING wrong happens. The most irrational people.

Week 1 in the NFL is a lie. It always has been. Teams look better than they are and most teams look worse than they are... cant tell that to the Bills fanbase though.. 

Can't thank this post enough. This board is INSANE today.  People talking about trading Josh and firing everyone.  

I mean, spoiler alert:  we'll still get double digit wins, and make the playoffs, and JA is likely to have a great season and be a top 5 QB at the end.  It will never be enough for some.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I agree with you that signing Daniel Jones to that large contract was a very poor idea and may end up being what dooms Brian Daboll’s tenure in New York (eventually).

But back to Daboll as an offensive coordinator, he excelled at finding a way to scheme wide receivers open. He gave Allen easy decisions. Dorsey seems to struggle with this. 

Think back to our time with Daboll. Do you recall the amount of times that Josh had an easy read, with an open receiver? It was quite often. We rarely ever see this now Instead, we see Alan having to fit balls into extremely tight windows far more often than was done under Daboll.

I won't argue about Daboll and him scheming more open WR's.  We've seen it from Dorsey but it's much more inconsistent...something is going on there.

Even on the Davis big gain, Diggs was in the area.  As Aikman said, Diggs needed to clear out more but didn't.  There was a miss communication or something.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Exactly they all struggle with separation outside of Diggs.… no speed. 

Diggs wasn't separating last night either.  

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I won't argue about Daboll and him scheming more open WR's.  We've seen it from Dorsey but it's much more inconsistent...something is going on there.

Even on the Davis big gain, Diggs was in the area.  As Aikman said, Diggs needed to clear out more but didn't.  There was a miss communication or something.

Diggs wasn't separating last night either.  

Diggs should not be mentioned as a problem in any capacity

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Virgil said:

For the first time in Josh's career, I feel like he's peaked.  Great, elite QB's, don't do what Josh did tonight.  It's not the 3 interceptions and fumble, but it kind of is.  It's the fact that everyone knew how the Jets were going to play him.  Hell, even Josh knew and admitted it.  What does he do with this information?  The same thing he always does against defenses like this.  Take the underneath stuff to start the game, get frustrated, and then start pushing it downfield.  The first interception, I gave a pass.  He couldn't have ran with it like some people think because alternate camera angles showed a player waiting for him 7 yards downfield.  That interception was basically a punt.  The second interception was just plain stupid and potentially cost us at least 3 points, as we were a first down away from being in range.  The last two turnovers were all Josh and his lack of concentration.  You want to be elite?  We can't be talking about your ability to think in the 4th quarter.

Agree to a degree here. For the first time since 2019 I looked and said "well I know when he is good we can win a lot with him BUT he has to play in himself more". Right now I feel he has regressed back to being a top 10-12ish guy who when its good its good, but you can frustrate him into mistakes. 2020 Josh was special because he played the entire year within himself and didn't force the ball or mistakes that we have seen creep back for the last two years. The last three years the roster basically was able to be invested in without removing pieces, this is the first year where while draft additions were made some actual attrition has occurred and the core has aged so it is on Josh to a degree hold a high standard. Additionally the division even with Rodgers out is a real challenge as Miami looks ready to go, NE has a competent OC, and the Jets just took one of two PLUS the AFC itself even if the Jets fall away is really good. The Jets game in 2020 I loved because it was a six FG game, but Josh just took what he had and did not force it. You will not win every week bombing 30+ pts as much as Josh and we all want to. The most maddening thing last night was the 2nd INT for me. 2nd and 13 at the Jets 41 up 7 and the Jets on offense were not doing anything threatening. He could've done a dump off, could've thrown it away, could've done a lot of things to give a 3rd down so at least your in FG range and if nothing else can make it again a 10 pt lead. He did the single worst thing possible and threw into double coverage. That was a killer and the same on the 3rd INT where again a forced pass when we needed 2 yards to just go and keep moving the ball where a FG wins it basically.

Josh will have more good games then not, but he basically averages 2-4 games a year like this where he gets way out of whack and it costs them dearly outside of 2020 where he was perfect in that regard. This year the rope for mistakes is far shorter for the division and the playoffs even with the AFC more competitive then it has been. He has to regain that patience and willingness to take the shorter easier plays then constantly going for the homerun or big play. Most teams don't have the Jets defense either, but it doesn't matter if you keep forcing it as they will bait him.

Right now and going back into last year a bit I think the talent and ability is there for him top be a top 3 guy, but the performance is not at that level right now. Kincaid and Knox looked really good last night and I feel if he can attack more with them in middle like he use to with Beasley you will see more of his patience return a bit. Overall I absolutely believe he can and hopefully will lead the Bills to a title, but some mental adjustments and scheme to lock what made him what he did best are needed if you want his best version, otherwise prepare yearly for a bunch of games like this and a top10 guy not elite top3.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Can't thank this post enough. This board is INSANE today.  People talking about trading Josh and firing everyone.  

I mean, spoiler alert:  we'll still get double digit wins, and make the playoffs, and JA is likely to have a great season and be a top 5 QB at the end.  It will never be enough for some.

I completely agree.  But why do you believe we will win the whole thing?  What's different than the last 3 years?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Agree to a degree here. For the first time since 2019 I looked and said "well I know when he is good we can win a lot with him BUT he has to play in himself more". Right now I feel he has regressed back to being a top 10-12ish guy who when its good its good, but you can frustrate him into mistakes. 2020 Josh was special because he played the entire year within himself and didn't force the ball or mistakes that we have seen creep back for the last two years. The last three years the roster basically was able to be invested in without removing pieces, this is the first year where while draft additions were made some actual attrition has occurred and the core has aged so it is on Josh to a degree hold a high standard. Additionally the division even with Rodgers out is a real challenge as Miami looks ready to go, NE has a competent OC, and the Jets just took one of two PLUS the AFC itself even if the Jets fall away is really good. The Jets game in 2020 I loved because it was a six FG game, but Josh just took what he had and did not force it. You will not win every week bombing 30+ pts as much as Josh and we all want to. The most maddening thing last night was the 2nd INT for me. 2nd and 13 at the Jets 41 up 7 and the Jets on offense were not doing anything threatening. He could've done a dump off, could've thrown it away, could've done a lot of things to give a 3rd down so at least your in FG range and if nothing else can make it again a 10 pt lead. He did the single worst thing possible and threw into double coverage. That was a killer and the same on the 3rd INT where again a forced pass when we needed 2 yards to just go and keep moving the ball where a FG wins it basically.

Josh will have more good games then not, but he basically averages 2-4 games a year like this where he gets way out of whack and it costs them dearly outside of 2020 where he was perfect in that regard. This year the rope for mistakes is far shorter for the division and the playoffs even with the AFC more competitive then it has been. He has to regain that patience and willingness to take the shorter easier plays then constantly going for the homerun or big play. Most teams don't have the Jets defense either, but it doesn't matter if you keep forcing it as they will bait him.

Right now and going back into last year a bit I think the talent and ability is there for him top be a top 3 guy, but the performance is not at that level right now. Kincaid and Knox looked really good last night and I feel if he can attack more with them in middle like he use to with Beasley you will see more of his patience return a bit.

I agree that he will win more than he loses.  I still expect playoffs and a double digit win.  

However, I still expect him to have one of these games in the playoffs to end our season.  I was hoping to see something to prove me wrong in the opener against a team he's struggled against, but didn't see it.  He actually played worse.  Which is why I'm not optimistic that we can push further in the postseason

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Josh was something like 18/22 with an average of 4.8 YPT… let’s not act like the short passing game was going great… it was going exactly as the Jets planned… that type of production just encourages mistakes which is what the the Jets got.

If the Bills had RAC beasts like, say, Tyreke Hill and Jaylen Waddle, then throwing short all day would be more viable and no doubt Josh would do it more consistently.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not so long ago everyone was talking about Mahomes getting frustrated by teams taking away the big play; he was trying to force it because he was tired of all those boring 11 play run/pass drives. For example:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/10/16/patrick-mahomes-chiefs-struggles/

He fixed it. Now, he did have Andy Reid. Can Ken Dorsey fix Allen? Ken Dorsey is no Andy Reid. I don't know yet whether Josh Allen is a Patrick Mahomes. Those are the big questions.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I agree that he will win more than he loses.  I still expect playoffs and a double digit win.  

However, I still expect him to have one of these games in the playoffs to end our season.  I was hoping to see something to prove me wrong in the opener against a team he's struggled against, but didn't see it.  He actually played worse.  Which is why I'm not optimistic that we can push further in the postseason

Agree and it is why I said he has regressed or peaked in a sense like you said. At his best 2020, 21 playoffs, 1st half of last year he is patient and just waits before striking. Right now he feels more like a super improved 2019 version that is reckless but more boom then bust. Fine for regular season but it is fire come post season. Maybe it is his final learning to complete his growth OR maybe it is who he is. I have said forever that he will get them to a SB, but after that and how many more chances really depends. Play like yesterday makes me think he gives us one incredibly hot ride through a post season and we have a bunch others that go sideways.

• Like (+1) 1

I completely agree.  But why do you believe we will win the whole thing?  What's different than the last 3 years?

A few things:

1) To me, the D-line is kind of a revelation this year.  Groot looked like a beast yesterday. Oliver was really good. Floyd is a great addition.  Even Epenesa chipped in. When Von comes back, we could have one of the better pass rushes in the league. That's a big change.

2) Upgrades on offense:  Kincaid is going to be a good one, and you can see what kind of problems he & Knox can create for opposing D's.  Cook & Harris are the best RB tandem we've had in quite awhile (Dorsey should use Harris more, imo).  The O-line was clearly better, which is huge.

3) Winning a SB is as much about getting hot at the right time as it is about talent. We sort of did the opposite last year - we were crazy hot early in the season, and just fizzled, for a variety of reasons which have been rehashed here often.  Who knows - maybe this is the year we start slow, and finish off fast (kind of like the Hail Murray year, where we really should have won it all).

I said it all offseason: this is the best team we've had in the JA era.  Beane addressed almost every need and deficiency in the offseason. The only area I think we're weaker is MLB, and Bernard did okay yesterday.  

We just need Josh Allen to play better than he did yesterday.  And that's a good bet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

The first week of the season was interesting, to say the least.  There were some scores and performances that were truly head scratchers.  While I could use the term "any given Sunday" for a lot of those games, the Bills game just feels different.  This didn't feel like a fluke game for Josh, the players, and the coaches.  No, this felt like the game right after the Bengals loss.  For me, that's why this game hurts so much.  I don't care that it was against the Jets or on MNF, I care that there is no data to suggest that this team has taken any type of step forward in the areas that matter.  

Now, there were positives in this game

• James Cook was clearly the number one back and did well enough in the role.  
  • Defensive pass rush with Floyd and Groot looked really good.  However, isn't the Jets offensive line not that great?
  • Milano looked like a beast and a true disrupter.  The PF was stupid on his part
  • Bass continues to be solid
  • Diggs got his touches and broke 100 yards

But here's where I'm just plain depressed and am hoping it wears off over the next few days, because right now...I have no reason to be optimistic about this upcoming season

• Dorsey actually looked decent in the first quarter.  Used Harty in a way that made me realize why we signed him.  Ran some power formations that he passed out of.  Overall had some good looks.  Once he ran through his scripted plays, is when things went off the rails
    • Did we run a single 12 man, basic line-up?  I'm talking 5 lineman, 1 TE on both sides, Diggs and Davis on the alternate sides out wide, and Cook in the backfield.  Very simple, very vanilla, just run formation with our guys against yours.  The Jets stayed in the same 4 lineman, 7 in coverage almost the entire game.  The linebackers, 2 or 3 at times, were 4-5 yards off the ball.  Why not just use basic match and say, our 7 guys are going to take out your front 4 and get an easy 3-5 yards each rush.  Run it to every possible gap, and repeat.  Sure, we may not get a first down every time, but do it until the Jets adjust because they would eventually have to.   That's when Josh eats.  This also sets up the play action, so we can use that guy we just spent a number one pick on.  Also, on the game tying drive at by Josh, that was one of the few drives that Josh did well because the Jets started to blitz.  This all seems so obvious to me, but maybe I'm missing something
    • The draw play on the last drive.   Should one play define a coordinators entire game?  No.  But when you run the ball against their best defensive lineman behind your worst offensive lineman, you need to explain that.  Again, maybe I'm stupid, I'm betting on that play to lose 10 times out of 10.
    • Where were the bunch formations?  Jets were in a spread zone and don't move Sauce around.  Bunch the other side of the field and run the tosses, quick screens to that side.  Again, basic math
  • For the first time in Josh's career, I feel like he's peaked.  Great, elite QB's, don't do what Josh did tonight.  It's not the 3 interceptions and fumble, but it kind of is.  It's the fact that everyone knew how the Jets were going to play him.  Hell, even Josh knew and admitted it.  What does he do with this information?  The same thing he always does against defenses like this.  Take the underneath stuff to start the game, get frustrated, and then start pushing it downfield.  The first interception, I gave a pass.  He couldn't have ran with it like some people think because alternate camera angles showed a player waiting for him 7 yards downfield.  That interception was basically a punt.  The second interception was just plain stupid and potentially cost us at least 3 points, as we were a first down away from being in range.  The last two turnovers were all Josh and his lack of concentration.  You want to be elite?  We can't be talking about your ability to think in the 4th quarter.
  • The big play ratio.  Count the big plays between teams?  The Jets had at least 2 and we had zero.  I'm talking chunk yardage plays.  No matter how much the defense changes we are good for at least two a game and it never changes.
  • The big needs.  I've said all offseason that we needed to address OT, MLB, and pass catcher.  We got a pass catcher, but didn't feel the need to use him.  Brown was an absolute liability out there and Dorsey had to give him help on multiple plays.  Bernard got tackled as much by his own feet and teammates as he did the other team.  Dude got absolutely absorbed or blown up on multiple plays.  He did have one good tackle that showed promise, but McD finally stepped up and started bring Rapp into the game more.  Again, I wouldn't be so mad if the obvious weaknesses weren't so damn obvious and we all saw them coming.

So here we are, only 0-1 with a whole season ahead of us.  My problem is, what data is there to suggest that this season is going to be any different from the last 6.  Josh isn't taking the next step and adjusting his issues.  Dorsey doesn't know how to call plays to his players strengths, what is happening on the field, or make second half adjustments.  The defense is great, but gives up enough big plays to keep the other team in it.  We are good enough to beat 70% of the teams, but we can't step up in the big games when it matters.  13 seconds might be the best game of this teams era, but we still lost.  Because that's what we do in the big games.  Some part of our team finds a way to lose. 

I can't get excited for the Raiders and Commanders, because I still expect to win and it will mean nothing.  There's just no data to suggest that this team is going to take the next step and it became obvious in the first game of the season.  There's no data to suggest that this team can make adjustments.  Until further notice, I'm just meh about it all.  

And here's the only truly extreme comment I will make about changes.  I like McD and the culture he created.  But he's also no absorbed in the defense and hands off with the offense.  He's allowed Josh to surround himself with a coordinator that Josh likes and back-ups that are Josh's friends.  Josh needs someone who is going to bench his ass, punch him in the mouth, and make him actually accountable in the moment.  That doesn't exist right now except for Diggs.  That's not enough.  Josh isn't going to change on his own and right now, I don't know who else is going to push him.  If there is a downfall of McD, it will be that.

Go Bills

OK be honest, you wrote that out in word or something and cut and pasted it into this holy Christ

28 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

I was really down after the game but am trying to be more positive today.    Buffalo actually looked good in the first half.      The running game was better when they had the chance to play, Harty and Kincaid showed flashes and the defense was much improved from late last year.

The problem is that Allen had his worst game ever and fell apart in the second half.    What happens is contingent on whether Allen has one game like this or ten.    I want to be optimistic and point out that Favre, Kelly, Manning and Brady have had some clunkers in their career, but Allen seems to not have his head in the game recently. 

Agree.  I remember saying to my dad at halftime “that was a gread road half by the Bills”.   And it was!  But then the wheels came off in the 2nd half.

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Given all we know, this is the most likely outcome. Ugh!

1 minute ago, Success said:

A few things:

1) To me, the D-line is kind of a revelation this year.  Groot looked like a beast yesterday. Oliver was really good. Floyd is a great addition.  Even Epenesa chipped in. When Von comes back, we could have one of the better pass rushes in the league. That's a big change.

2) Upgrades on offense:  Kincaid is going to be a good one, and you can see what kind of problems he & Knox can create for opposing D's.  Cook & Harris are the best RB tandem we've had in quite awhile (Dorsey should use Harris more, imo).  The O-line was clearly better, which is huge.

3) Winning a SB is as much about getting hot at the right time as it is about talent. We sort of did the opposite last year - we were crazy hot early in the season, and just fizzled, for a variety of reasons which have been rehashed here often.  Who knows - maybe this is the year we start slow, and finish off fast (kind of like the Hail Murray year, where we really should have won it all).

I said it all offseason: this is the best team we've had in the JA era.  Beane addressed almost every need and deficiency in the offseason. The only area I think we're weaker is MLB, and Bernard did okay yesterday.  

We just need Josh Allen to play better than he did yesterday.  And that's a good bet.

To be clear, I'm just talking and not calling you out.  I don't take what you're saying as aggressive either.  But people are so quick to assume a fight, that this statement is more for anyone watching...

1 - Agreed, but that wasn't holding us back.  This is great for when we play the Chiefs and Bengals though

2 - Right now, I still have zero confident in Dorsey's ability to call plays to utilize them to their max potential

3 - I think that's the case every year, and not so much about the team as it is momentum.  It's the same in most sports, but I hate relying on that.  I want to be the team that makes adjustments and wins because they are better and played smart, not because things happened to work out.  I know that's not entirely what you are saying, but I hope you get my point

19 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I agree to a point, but the concerns about Josh are legitimate.  His inconsistency and turnovers have been a recurring theme going back to the Green Bay game last year.  It's no longer a small sample size or a blip on the radar.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

OK be honest, you wrote that out in word or something and cut and pasted it into this holy Christ

What do you mean?  I honestly just wrote that from the top of my head.  

If I ever try to proof read or slow down as I write, it turns into an absolute mess

Josh’s issues are 100% mental. The question is, can he get get back to a more calm mindset during games and if so how long will that take?

He was almost in a manic state out there. Throwing his body around, scrambling out of clean pockets, heaving backyard bombs to the other team.

I’m not a huge Dorsey fan, but his gameplan was not the problem. That’s EXACTLY how you attack a 2 deep shell with quarters or palm coverage. You hit the flats/slants/middle and run the ball (effectively) until the safeties start to creep down or they switch out of it. That’s football 101! 

Mahomes had the exact same problem and worked his way through it. Josh either doesn’t trust Dorsey’s gameplan or simply doesn’t have the patience to see it through. If it’s the latter we are in deep sht because every team is going to play him the same way until he demonstrates he’s mastered it.

I think he has the football intelligence to turn it around. He knows he let his team down big time. Hopefully that humbles him enough to stop going off script when he doesn’t need to and start trusting the game plans that are developed.

"Every drive needs to end in a kick"

(Turns the ball over 4 times)

"I need to protect myself better"

(Seeks out contact for no reason)

The guy doesn't learn and nobody on this coaching staff seems capable of holding him accountable and making him do so.   

The difference between Allen and Mahomes/Burrow is maturity.  They've matured and understand that they can't be selfish and just do whatever they want out there.  Allen has not. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To be clear, I'm just talking and not calling you out.  I don't take what you're saying as aggressive either.  But people are so quick to assume a fight, that this statement is more for anyone watching...

1 - Agreed, but that wasn't holding us back.  This is great for when we play the Chiefs and Bengals though

2 - Right now, I still have zero confident in Dorsey's ability to call plays to utilize them to their max potential

3 - I think that's the case every year, and not so much about the team as it is momentum.  It's the same in most sports, but I hate relying on that.  I want to be the team that makes adjustments and wins because they are better and played smart, not because things happened to work out.  I know that's not entirely what you are saying, but I hope you get my point

Oh, for sure on your 1st paragraph there - I didn't take it as a call out.  I always respect your posting here. This is just good discussion.

And I don't like relying on momentum either. But as good as this team is, it doesn't seem like it could turn into the kind of force that wouldn't need some intangibles to get the title.  I think in most years, the team that wins it all is also not just the hottest at that time, but kind of lucky too.  That is certainly true of last year's Chiefs, who both got hot, and also got some very favorable officiating in the AFCCG and SB.

Honestly, the one thing that concerns me about this team is not Allen's detours into Favre-land (and I think that's the most appropriate comparison for him as a QB - a gunslinger who you have to take the bad w/ at times).  I do worry that McDermott and Dorsey just aren't up to the task.  McD has done a wonderful job turning this team into a contender, but I don't have faith right now that he can get us to a title.  I hope I'm wrong. People used to look at Reid the same way, when he was in Philly - so that gives me some hope.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Success said:

2) Upgrades on offense:  Kincaid is going to be a good one, and you can see what kind of problems he & Knox can create for opposing D's.  Cook & Harris are the best RB tandem we've had in quite awhile (Dorsey should use Harris more, imo).  The O-line was clearly better, which is huge

The d-line is going to be a force and by seasons end top 3 in the league. I think fans are in for a ride with the line like the 2014 group fingers crossed injury wise. Let Groot and Floyd eat and mix Von and the rest carefully in as they go.

2. I am not as upset with Dorsey as some. This game was on Josh forcing plays and not taking what was given. I liked the attempt at yac, the screens, and Knox/Kincaid together in the middle should eat yards as the season progress. Brown sucked, but the rest were fine and Torrence looks great to have. I am willing to give Dorsey some time, I just need him to get Josh to chill more. A RT trade would be lovely though at the deadline.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Are you kidding me? This isn’t a one off performance from JA it’s been a trend.

He’s regressing and not improving. He gets flustered his 👀 get the wild look and watch out.

Right now he’s an inconsistent unpredictable QB. All one has to do is look at his TO numbers.  

Brian Daboll had Allen on the right track. He held him accountable. Dorsey has no clue what he is doing. Josh lobbied for KD to be the next OC. This team relies on "friendships" too much. And they will not admit to their mistakes. Zack Moss, Devin Singletary, Kaiir Elam. Beane's ego is starting to become a problem. I knew things started to seem fishy when you hire a first time head coach, and then let him decide who to hire as GM. All this buddy buddy ***** has to stop at some point. Daboll and Schoen are doing the exact same thing the Bills have been doing in regards to the Carolina connection. 

Jesus, I'm miserable today, lol. Hopefully being at the Raiders game Sunday changes my attitude. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.