Peyton Manning threw 6 picks in a primetime game once

Success

It happens to the best. 

Everyone is worried about Allen - don't be.  He has shown resiliency throughout his career, and has what you want in a QB:  a short memory.

The Jets defense is elite, and they have wrinkles which have consistently given JA problems.  That in itself IS a problem, but it doesn't indicate some wider, more overarching issue.  It was just a bad match-up to have for the 1st game of the season.

The Bills are going to bounce back, and have a great season.  I have no doubt on that.  The team I saw last night was better than last year's.  The defense was stronger.  We gave up some runs, but that pass rush was fierce, and our LB's and secondary looked solid. I thought Bernard had a great game.  Kincaid is who we hoped he would be.  The O-line held up pretty well against one of the best fronts in the league.  

The loss was solely on Allen.  And that isn't a bad thing - because he'll be better.  

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Success said:

It happens to the best. 

Everyone is worried about Allen - don't be.  He has shown resiliency throughout his career, and has what you want in a QB:  a short memory.

The Jets defense is elite, and they have wrinkles which have consistently given JA problems.  That in itself IS a problem, but it doesn't indicate some wider, more overarching issue.  It was just a bad match-up to have for the 1st game of the season.

The Bills are going to bounce back, and have a great season.  I have no doubt on that.  The team I saw last night was better than last year's.  The defense was stronger.  We gave up some runs, but that pass rush was fierce, and our LB's and secondary looked solid. I thought Bernard had a great game.  Kincaid is who we hoped he would be.  The O-line held up pretty well against one of the best fronts in the league.  

The loss was solely on Allen.  And that isn't a bad thing - because he'll be better.  

37 turnovers last 19 games. 

84 turnovers since 2018 to lead all active players. 

maybe he should have a longer memory and memorize not to do that stuff anymore. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, julian said:

One of the best defenses in the NFL who’s had previous success against Allen had an entire off-season to game plan for week one home opener.

bills 45

Raiders 13

you think the Jets used the entire offseason to game plan for just this game? 

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Is this what they told Peterman after his first game as a starter?

You're comparing Allen to Peterman?

I mean, what about the Josh Allen experience isn't working for everyone?  The double digit wins every year?  Carrying his team for entire games?  Looking like a video game for large stretches of the season?  Making the Bills an annual contender?

8 minutes ago, Success said:

It happens to the best. 

I agree with you that the Bills will bounce back and have a good season.  We will likely go 11-6 and be in the play-offs, but it sucks to lose the first one in prime time in an ugly fashion.  There was a lot of ugly football out there in week one, which has become common with the way the NFL does pre-season now. We have the talent to bounce back, and we will.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

So the Bills didn’t have an entire off-season to gameplan against the Jets Defense?

Yes and they failed

next 

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

you think the Jets used the entire offseason to game plan for just this game? 

Yeah that makes sense

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

How many wake up calls does he need? Steelers 2021, Jaguars 2021, Colts 2021, Bengals 2022. Still hasn't learned.

So, he's had more than one bad game?

I'm not sure what people expect.  There aren't many QB's out there who don't lay an egg from time to time.

24 minutes ago, Success said:

It happens to the best. 

my biggest worry (or among the top 2-3) coming into the season was that the jets are one of our worst matchups and it could set a real bad tone out of the gate. 

I agree that it’s not indicative of their week to week potential but do think they need a bounce back game badly next week. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

So, he's had more than one bad game?

I'm not sure what people expect.  There aren't many QB's out there who don't lay an egg from time to time.

Josh's egg laying is excessive compared to physical ability. It's also two competitive games in a row (three out of four including pre season) where he has looked shocking.

15 minutes ago, julian said:

One of the best defenses in the NFL who’s had previous success against Allen had an entire off-season to game plan for week one home opener.

bills 45

Raiders 13

Well, the Raiders are trash so we will likely beat them and that might make some people feel better.

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I agree with you that the Bills will bounce back and have a good season.  We will likely go 11-6 and be in the play-offs, but it sucks to lose the first one in prime time in an ugly fashion.  There was a lot of ugly football out there in week one, which has become common with the way the NFL does pre-season now. We have the talent to bounce back, and we will.  

honestly, walking out of that week with a loss but Rodgers out for the season probably did more for our playoff chances than winning but Rodgers being 100% if being totally practical. If we win 11-12 games it between us and the dolphins instead of a 3 horse race. 

Obviously want the win last night but in some grim silver lining the path to the division is easier today than it was last week. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

The regular season is about a tacking Ws and getting the team where it needs to be for a SB run in the playoffs. Hopefully they start doing both very soon. 

I'm feeling better as the day goes on.

Facing the Jets D in the 1st game was a great test. It was one we failed, and Josh certainly failed - they have been kind of a nemesis for him.  But I think it will serve him & the team better moving forward.  The teams coming up on the schedule in the next few weeks simply won't be like that.  I think the offense is going to look completely different in the next few games & beyond.

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Josh has a long way to go to catch Peyton Manning in the cerebral game. And I’m confident in saying it’ll never happen, he relies on his athletic gifts too much.

Yep. Yesterday was the last straw in terms of thinking Josh has what it takes. Until I see improvements on the mental side of the game, there is no hope for a Super Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The regular season is about a tacking Ws and getting the team where it needs to be for a SB run in the playoffs. Hopefully they start doing both very soon. 

They need to be at their best in dec Jan Feb.. not Sept 11th

45-13 Bills destroy the Raiders

1 minute ago, Success said:

I'm feeling better as the day goes on.

Facing the Jets D in the 1st game was a great test. It was one we failed, and Josh certainly failed - they have been kind of a nemesis for him.  But I think it will serve him & the team better moving forward.  The teams coming up on the schedule in the next few weeks simply won't be like that.  I think the offense is going to look completely different in the next few games & beyond.

I will feel better when I see that things got fixed. Also I disagree that is was some great test. It wasn’t. It was relatively easy to win this game with Rodgers out and Zach Wilson in. All it would have taken was Allen just playing smart and taking what the Jets defense gave him. We’d have won easily, if unspectacularly. It would have been a boring, low scoring game with few highlight plays. And the Jets would not have had a chance to win it. 

5 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

37 turnovers last 19 games. 

84 turnovers since 2018 to lead all active players. 

maybe he should have a longer memory and memorize not to do that stuff anymore. 

The only tape he needs to watch is that of his giveaways.  Less Hailee...less commercials...time to mature and really be a committed student of the game.  Not just an athletic freak running around playing hero ball.

This thread is about as pointless as a “How many teams started off 0-1 and won the Super Bowl?” thread.  Joe Montana has four one and done’s in his career.  He didn’t throw a single TD pass in the playoffs in three straight seasons from ‘85-‘87.  Does that absolve Allen somehow?  Brady wasn’t the best QB in football last season when he was 45 years old so Allen doesn’t have to have a perfect career.  Lol.  The really funny thing is that Brady at 46.. would have probably won the game last night if he was starting for the Bills.  Allen had the OT win all setup despite everything.  I’m not sure what the post game press conference was like last night and honestly.. I don’t want to hear the excuses anymore.  Either play and coach competently or get lost.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.