Article on why Hopkins rejected Bills offer

Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Didn't see this posted anywhere?  Doesn't give any specifics on $$, sounds like OBJ contract put him out of Bills price range.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/5-time-pro-bowl-wr-breaks-silence-on-rejecting-bills-offer/ar-AA1gozdr?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=94f31fc4f0f744409c31d6a43f6927eb&ei=288

I can't say I blame him one bit. We don't know what Beane came in with, but I would imagine it was a lowball offer with the allure of "being the best version nof yourself" and chasing a ring while playing with a QB Hopkins named. 

With what these guys go through physically over the course of a season and the long lasting issues they can face after their playing career I would never hold it against a guy to get every dollar he can. 

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Wouldn’t mind winning a Lombardi, but prefers top $. Can’t blame him. 

Yup. Can't blame him. But it does say something about his values. Nothing bad, but it points at what's important to him. Here's a guy who's already made over a hundred million if I'm adding correctly.

Those are the guys who sometimes give a real contender a break. He didn't. Which is fine. 

But revealing.

so Hopkins wanted to chase his last chance at the $$$$$,  over a possible Super Bowl ring.   whatever.  glad hes wasting his last years in Tennesee,   and not wasting our time.  im sure he wanted both the $$$ and chance to chase a ring tbh,  but hes shown what matters more.   no hate, get what you can.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.