Oh no, poor billionaires losing money.

Pine Barrens Mafia

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Exactly

Their business model while successful definitely isn’t user friendly. 
Gimme 17 bills games, take my 3-400 and call it a day. Maybe toss in red zone as a friendly gesture. I would not be illegally streaming games any longer. 

FTRITAH! 

I spent 10years living in an 80unit apt building that didn't have 1 dish on it. Explicitly in the lease. Yet "unfortunately your address isn't available for streaming option".

To further point out their stupidity I said what If I pay you the full price for satellite cable + Sunday ticket, and let me have the streaming service. And nopeeeeee lol

Cable and internet are monopolies in probably half or more of the country... until someone came in and decided to take all the business Cable refused to take.

FTRITAH!

Hell if there's WWF on PPV, my firestick will have it on just to piss them off lol sitting there on mute

• Haha (+1) 1

The price of having every NFL game available to me on television for the whole season is about as equivalent, and probably cheaper, than taking my wife to a Bills game.

People should have to pay to watch. If you can’t afford it too bad. There are things I’d like to do in life that I can’t afford.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

The price of having every NFL game available to me on television for the whole season is about as equivalent, and probably cheaper, than taking my wife to a Bills game.

People should have to pay to watch. If you can’t afford it too bad. There are things I’d like to do in life that I can’t afford.

Same energy

il_794xN.5019217266_kye0.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Oops.  I got sidetracked.   If I was the NFL, I would also do everything possible to shutdown pirated streams.  I pay to watch games on Amazon, Peacock, and ESPN.  So should all the thiefs. 

You drive 56mph in the passing lane to slow people down don't you 😂😂

Taking huge corporate businesses side lol

Dude people don't have health insurance in this country, and it ain't getting better.

Goliath has a hang nail, and David can't get his insulin for diabetes.  Is there a single person in this country that thinks, we'll be better off in 10years?

People working 2-3jobs, eating awful food, can't afford health insurance, to go out to eat every now and then on a Friday.

Work. Stress. Health problems. No time off. 

^weird these people would want to have some kind of cheap release?? Weird to gatekeep.

Poor Goodell Is going to have to cut down on his adrenochrome intake, because the poors watched TV 😂👌

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I cut the cord on a ton but not everything this summer. I use Kodi with a VPN and a scraper on my firestick. For movies, shows, etc. it works just as well as any other streaming service. I have run into issues in past attempts but for the most part for some of the later game stuff I wanted to watch out of market it was pretty solid.  I got through the recent World Cup with almost zero issues. The feed was great with minimal/no buffering.  It is getting a lot better.

I would be curious how a Bills game goes these days, but I don't want to chance it. 

They've been pristine for a few years. The crappy streams are the ones on PC, and even those are getting a lot better even in last few months

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

It isn't even a loss, right? 

Like sports leagues are not in the red because of it, they are just not making an additional $28B split between networks, streamers, advertisers, teams, and salary caps, right? I would think once you break down all the parties that that $28B goes to, the loss in profit is fairly negligible.

The cost for consumption is getting way too high. We have gone from basically free with an antenna, to heading to the bowling ally for $2 beers during blackout games, to needing to spend $100 per month on a streaming service on top of the $100 a month I spend on other streaming services in order to watch my football team. It is bonkers. The model is reaching its breaking point. 

I think it's already there.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Are you “serious?”  It is theft.

Can I decide if what I take from YOU is important? Or is that just being dramatic? 

100% serious. There's absolutely no theft at all. They still have their copy of the game as does every customer they sold it to.

Is it theft when you have people over to watch the game at your house? Is it theft if you walk away during the commercial that someone paid for?

If they don't want people to share their content with other people they should create a better platform that incentivizes people to own it instead of crying about it.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Does the price of a nice tenderloin excuse shoplifting? 

Sorry, I know many don’t like that line of thinking, despite knowing it’s true. Not judging. I’m just a rule follower in general. I get that people will always skirt around the edges for an advantage. That’s life. 

I understand your angle, I respect you as a poster and as a cool dude.

The truth is, governments aren't playing fair, big business would slash our throats if it meant a green arrow next to their stock. Those 2 feed off each other and take, and take and take and take... and now are boo-hooing we have nothing left to take.

Honestly it's noble of you to try and stay within the rules, but if the little man is playing by rules the big one doesn't have, eventually they'll pop you like a balloon.

Maybe not in your lifetime, or the next, but: inheritances are no longer feasible with inflation. The money you saved up to pass down, maybe even in hopes it could be passed down multiple generations.... it's already taken from you. It's worth fractions of what you earned.

And its not just money taken. Your time at work (away from family), was stolen as they keep printing. Your generations life savings- is worthless. You traded your literal life, and your time with your family, and recreation AKA living a human life... and that money is no longer going to reach a 2nd generation. Its a theft of life and legacy.

The tooth paste bottle is empty. Its been gone, but they're getting every last drop out of it, even if it's 5 streaming services at $10/pop. 

Lord help me I'm sorry, I got too fired up, but I believe it's all true. The rich can enjoy their dirty plaque filled mouths, because they took it all

FALL OF ROME is already gaining speed hard

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The truth is, governments aren't playing fair, big business would slash our throats if it meant a green arrow next to their stock. Those 2 feed off each other and take, and take and take and take... and now are boo-hooing we have nothing left to take.

Honestly it's noble of you to try and stay within the rules, but if the little man is playing by rules the big one doesn't have, eventually they'll pop you like a balloon.

Maybe not in your lifetime, or the next, but: inheritances are no longer feasible with inflation. The money you saved up to pass down, maybe even in hopes it could be passed down multiple generations.... it's already taken from you. It's worth fractions of what you earned.

And its not just money taken. Your time at work (away from family), was stolen as they keep printing. Your generations life savings- is worthless. You traded your literal life, and your time with your family, and recreation AKA living a human life... and that money is no longer going to reach a 2nd generation. Its a theft of life and legacy.

The tooth paste bottle is empty. Its been gone, but they're getting every last drop out of it, even if it's 5 streaming services at $10/pop. 

Lord help me I'm sorry, I got too fired up, but I believe it's all true. The rich can enjoy their dirty plaque filled mouths, because they took it all

I mean inheritance is a terrible thing for the world as it just ensures that rich people create an ever richer and more powerful ruling class that can never be uprooted. I don't see it going away any time soon for the folks that have created multi-generational wealth. The couple hundred K, modest home or family business that you're trying to pass down to your kids being taxed into oblivion isn't a war on inheritance, it's a war on class.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

34 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I’m…..I’m…speechless.  Can I get back to you about this?   🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Their business model while successful definitely isn’t user friendly. 
Gimme 17 bills games, take my 3-400 and call it a day. Maybe toss in red zone as a friendly gesture. I would not be illegally streaming games any longer. 

It's a good point.  It's not just the money.  It's become a hassle to keep up with all the streaming services and outlets to watch sports.  20 years ago I got DirectTV and made the decision to pay for MLB, NFL packages and all the regional sports channels.  As a big sports it was worth it to me.  Now you have to pay for multiple media companies. 

Off the NFL, but now alot of MLB games aren't availalble with their own MLB package b/c of Apple TV etc.   Even when you pay you cant see all the games.  One wierd example is that I pay for a regional sports package including the YES network and I still pay for MLB season package.  But YES or MLB blacks out replays of Yankee games outside of New York.  You can watch the game live, but you can't watch the replay even after paying for the services.  Stupid crap like that, pushes people to go onto the pirated streaming sites.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I hate that I agree with this but perspective is needed for sure, there’s plenty of entertainment that people spend large amounts of money on that I would never dream of doing.

The fact I can get every NFL game in library format commercial free at my fingertips for 30 bucks a month ? For me it’s peanuts but I do understand others wish to spend their entertainment dollars differently.

36 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I mean inheritance is a terrible thing for the world as it just ensures that rich people create an ever richer and more powerful ruling class that can never be uprooted. I don't see it going away any time soon for the folks that have created multi-generational wealth. The couple hundred K, modest home or family business that you're trying to pass down to your kids being taxed into oblivion isn't a war on inheritance, it's a war on 

Workers of the world unite! We have nothing to lose but our inheritance to our spoiled suburban children living in Amherst! 

14 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

Off the NFL, but now alot of MLB games aren't availalble with their own MLB package b/c of Apple TV etc.   Even when you pay you cant see all the games.  One wierd example is that I pay for a regional sports package including the YES network and I still pay for MLB season package.  But YES or MLB blacks out replays of Yankee games outside of New York.  You can watch the game live, but you can't watch the replay even after paying for the services.  Stupid crap like that, pushes people to go onto the pirated streaming sites.  

You just explained why poor people engage in black market capitalism and/or steal to survive.

Interesting how shifting the context a tiny bit brings to light brute facts about poverty and crime. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Again, there are things in life I can’t afford. That doesn’t give me the right to go out and steal those things.

There are things that certain SCOTUS justices couldn’t afford but that didn’t stop them…. Over and over and over!

You know, the arbiters of all that is lawful. And, we wouldn’t know if the pesky media didn’t dig it out and put it into the bright sunlight.

And said justice is rationalizing it🤷‍♂️

So, while it wasn’t “ stealing” I would argue that the lack of moral compass exhibited perfectly illustrates what billionaires and the power they wield and what they can buy ( influence at the highest level) and how filthy and greedy it ALWAYS is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

peacock, homie

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Highest bidders get each tv package. You think the NFL gives a damn how many channels you pay for?  Most people have ESPN already, and I would bet a large number also have amazon prime. What is the 3rd subscription service?

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Don’t forget Sunday ticket and nfl network 

And ESPN+:

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

And now that Buffalo is in the top portion of the league they’re getting a bunch of prime time games which of course are not on the ticket lol 

I live for the prime time games, because the illegal streams suckkkkkkk. (Also, there's nothing worse than trying to find a working stream and have to close out of 150 chaturbate popups will my family is in town). 

• Haha (+1) 6

23 minutes ago, MPL said:

I live for the prime time games, because the illegal streams suckkkkkkk. (Also, there's nothing worse than trying to find a working stream and have to close out of 150 chaturbate popups will my family is in town). 

“OK Aunt Mary, the game is almost on. Just a few more….. umm… BBC?   That stands for… uhh… Buffalo Bills Channel.  Yeah.”

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.