What were your favorite cartoons to watch when you were a kid?

BillsPride12

All of them. Still remember the Flintstones being on in prime time. Jetsons were on only one season. Seemed like a lot longer. 

Saturday and Sunday mornings on Throwback TV, they have a lotto other ones (over the air on 56-4 in Buffalo) one of those low power stations.  Retro TV (56-2) has  Dr. Who from7-8 PM  and Offbeat Cinema  (Produced at WBBZ in Buffalo) on  late Saturday evenings.

(All animated by Alex Toth, legendary comic artist)

• Jonny Quest
  • Space Ghost (Designed by Alex Toth)
  • The Herculoids (Created by Alex Toth)

06toth.190.jpg

A model sheet for the animated television series "Space Ghost," designed by Alex Toth in 1966.

The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan

(it has a lot of good voice actors including Keye Luke, Robert Ito & Jodi Foster)

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Doug

Rugrats

Scooby Doo

Dennis the Menace 

Casper 

Babar

Garfield

Peanuts 

Theres The Simpsons as well but that was when I was more middle school age 

I still watch The Simpsons(the classic years at least) to this day, I purposely left them off my list because I was more referring to the cartoons you specifically watch as a kid.  

8 hours ago, Gregg said:

The three that I remember from my youth that I watched were.

Bugs Bunny

Road Runner

Scooby Doo

I remember Casper the friendly ghost as well. Wendy the witch was a blonde hottie in a red robe. 

My problems apparently go WAY back!  😂 

10 hours ago, Wacka said:

All of them. Still remember the Flintstones being on in prime time. Jetsons were on only one season. Seemed like a lot longer. 

Saturday and Sunday mornings on Throwback TV, they have a lotto other ones (over the air on 56-4 in Buffalo) one of those low power stations.  Retro TV (56-2) has  Dr. Who from7-8 PM  and Offbeat Cinema  (Produced at WBBZ in Buffalo) on  late Saturday evenings.

Have you seen the Dr. Who animated show in 80s? I saw an episode or 2 when in high school.

Peanuts, Looney Tunes, Hanna Barbera, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Popeye, Hong Kong Phooey, Space Ghost, Fat Albert,  Star Blazers,  Super Friends, Bevis & Butthead, Ren & Stimpy, South Park & Family Guy. Don't really watch any anymore. Would like to re-watch Star Blazers.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Have you seen the Dr. Who animated show in 80s? I saw an episode or 2 when in high school.

Never sawn Dr. Who untilI think the 90s . I think I saw one animated one recently. Was one with the second Dr. (the one with the Moe Howard haircut) .I think the video of the original broadcast was so messed up, the used the audio and drew animation to it.

29 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Anyone ever watch the early 90s series “The Pirates of Dark Water”? It was really terrific, but only lasted two

seasons.

I recognize some of the scenes and characters but not remember watching.

Another two season animated series with good characters:

The Legend of Prince Valiant

You can watch it for free:

https://tubitv.com/tv-shows/316960/s01-e01-the-dream

Mel Blanc, Warner Brothers... Bugs, Wile E, Elmer Fudd, Taz, Marvin the Martian, 'Rocky Curtains', the WWII propaganda, Yosemite Sam, the red hair-monster, Wagner. Pioneers, Pirates and Redskins, stupid ducks, stupid hunters, paranoid hunting dogs, there was just nothing left uncovered by these folks.  

want one lump or two?

Bugs Bunny/Looney Toons/Mel Blanc are  just untouchable imho.   Not to say others can't do great, but that is an amazing act to follow.   Stuff like Tom and Jerry was 50,000 miles behind.  

Very Honorable Mention to 'Speed Racer'.  ***** amazing cartoon!!!

It used foley instead of the traditional orchestration, so it was so... just... different. 

Later they'd call it anime, but at the time it was just a cartoon set to sounds other than orchestral. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Mel Blanc, Warner Brothers... Bugs, Wile E, Elmer Fudd, Taz, Marvin the Martian, 'Rocky Curtains', the WWII propaganda, Yosemite Sam, the red hair-monster, Wagner. Pioneers, Pirates and Redskins, stupid ducks, stupid hunters, paranoid hunting dogs, there was just nothing left uncovered by these folks.  

want one lump or two?

Bugs Bunny/Looney Toons/Mel Blanc are  just untouchable imho.   Not to say others can't do great, but that is an amazing act to follow.   Stuff like Tom and Jerry was 50,000 miles behind.  

Very Honorable Mention to 'Speed Racer'.  ***** amazing cartoon!!!

It used foley instead of the traditional orchestration, so it was so... just... different. 

Later they'd call it anime, but at the time it was just a cartoon set to sounds other than orchestral. 

Old Tom and Jerry were gold.  When the animosity was written out between the characters, and the shorts became typical Hanna Barbera flats, they became 'blah'.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.