Question About Josh Allen’s Elbow

Steve32994

Let’s have a discussion about Josh Allen’s elbow and whether we should be concerned at all moving forward.

As of now, all we know is that he left the practice field for 20min or so a couple weeks back to get “Stretched out” and then he returned to practice and resumed his normal activities after that. Since then we have been told that there are no issues and that everything is fine, which includes fully practicing and practicing well.

What I have noticed though is that since Josh was removed from practice he has exclusively practiced with a white long sleeved shirt, effectively not showing us his elbow at all. He played the Red & Blue scrimmage with short sleeves which was right before the incident the next Monday. Let’s remember last year, as soon as Josh hurt his elbow against the Jets, he played with a long sleeve shirt in every single game after that because he was wearing a brace. It doesn’t appear during practice that he’s wearing anything under the sleeve, but why has he’s been wearing long sleeves when it’s been 80 degrees out? He’s never done that in the past. He barely ever wore long sleeves during the previously 4.5 seasons in his career.

Just wondering….Sorry to be negative but it’s a legit concern for me

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Could be just to keep everything loosened up, like MLB pitchers do.  Throwing a football isn't a "natural" motion, and it can be hard on your joints, ligaments, and muscles.  

Even if that’s the case, why wear long sleeves exclusively? Could the elbow be taped and he doesn’t want people to see?

15 minutes ago, Steve32994 said:

Since then we have been told that there are no issues and that everything is fine, which includes fully practicing and practicing well.

So obviously need a thread speculating on what is ACTUALLY wrong! 🤔  🤣 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Heitz said:

So obviously need a thread speculating on what is ACTUALLY wrong! 🤔  🤣 

The question is why he’s only wearing long sleeve shirts now to practice which he’s never done in the past. Clearly it doesn’t appear anything is wrong based on visual evidence but I’m concerned for lingering issues during the season

Edited by Steve32994
  • Eyeroll 1

If he is getting stint done on his elbow and surrounding area you would see the red marks on his arm.

And also there is a tool you can use to soften the area and it makes red circles 🔴

My thoughts are he is wearing the long shirt so you do not see those marks.

Basically the are doing work in that area and they are not showing it.

30 minutes ago, Steve32994 said:

Let’s have a discussion about Josh Allen’s elbow and whether we should be concerned at all moving forward.

As of now, all we know is that he left the practice field for 20min or so a couple weeks back to get “Stretched out” and then he returned to practice and resumed his normal activities after that. Since then we have been told that there are no issues and that everything is fine, which includes fully practicing and practicing well.

What I have noticed though is that since Josh was removed from practice he has exclusively practiced with a white long sleeved shirt, effectively not showing us his elbow at all. He played the Red & Blue scrimmage with short sleeves which was right before the incident the next Monday. Let’s remember last year, as soon as Josh hurt his elbow against the Jets, he played with a long sleeve shirt in every single game after that because he was wearing a brace. It doesn’t appear during practice that he’s wearing anything under the sleeve, but why has he’s been wearing long sleeves when it’s been 80 degrees out? He’s never done that in the past. He barely ever wore long sleeves during the previously 4.5 seasons in his career.

Considering the history of sprained elbows he probably should wear a compression sleeve all the time anyway.  I think fans should assume that his arm strength will diminish over time like most QB's not named Brady/Rodgers.   Because he takes a ton of hits and has had more shoulder/collarbone/elbow injuries than you'd like to see.   That stuff is likely to add up.   Until he starts getting committed to self preservation/longevity at a level like Brady or even Rodgers I'm not going to be penciling him in as QB1 in 2033.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 4

47 minutes ago, Steve32994 said:

I can dig up photos of Allen wearing long sleeves in hot weather dating years back.

In fact, here’s one from a home Cincinnati pre-season game many years ago.

IMG_5736.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Steve32994 said:

The question is why he’s only wearing long sleeve shirts now to practice which he’s never done in the past. Clearly it doesn’t appear anything is wrong based on visual evidence but I’m concerned for lingering issues during the season

Imagine being Josh Allen and having every single decision you make micro-analyzed.  Maybe he wants to practice his sliding and doesn't want turf burns on his elbows. 🩹 Or maybe he's hiding track marks 🤦‍♂️ 

Or maybe he's cold.  Josh has actually worn long sleeve shirts to practice a fair bit.  68 in Orchard Park right now, can feel chilly when you exercise then stop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

If you’ve ever watched baseball pitchers even on their off days they often wear sleeves to keep the elbow joint loose this is an entirely normal process. 

He is probably being super careful with his arm and I don’t blame him. Keeping it warm and constantly working on range of motion as he gets up in years is key to longevity. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, eball said:

Maybe it's just me, but his elbow looks sore in that video.

Some of the other players in that video are also wearing long sleeves (Gabe Davis, Deonte Harty, Trent Sherfield, a couple of guys who are standing around and I can't see their #s).  Let's start worrying about their elbows, too.

46 minutes ago, Steve32994 said:

Even if that’s the case, why wear long sleeves exclusively? Could the elbow be taped and he doesn’t want people to see?

Please get a job.  If you have a job, please get a hobby.

Edited by Beck Water

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Considering the history of sprained elbows he probably should wear a compression sleeve all the time anyway.  I think fans should assume that his arm strength will diminish over time like most QB's not named Brady/Rodgers.   Because he takes a ton of hits and has had more shoulder/collarbone/elbow injuries than you'd like to see.   That stuff is likely to add up.   Until he starts getting committed to self preservation/longevity at a level like Brady or even Rodgers I'm not going to be penciling him in as QB1 in 2033.

How many shoulder/collar bone injuries has Josh had since college?

And if you’re going to come back with “none that were publicly reported” just keep it to yourself. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, eball said:

How many shoulder/collar bone injuries has Josh had since college?

And if you’re going to come back with “none that were publicly reported” just keep it to yourself. 

You call yourself a degenerate or "degenerative" gambler and you don't know how to look this stuff up?   That's idiot level online intelligence........I mean you have some limitations but I don't think you are THAT dumb.  And why does it matter if serious injuries/surgeries happened in HS/college/pro's specifically?   The slate doesn't get wiped clean........they can add up.    Allen has had two UCL tears to his throwing elbow since 2018.........that isn't an every QB occurrence.    You know that right? 

1 hour ago, Steve32994 said:

Could it be that?  Sure, but I highly doubt it.  These guys are used to the temperature, and it does help your muscles stay "warm".  Some of those shirts are even designed to absorb sweat and actually keep you cooler than if you had short sleeves.  It could be any number of reasons, but I doubt that it's to try to hide anything.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree with this as far as a compression sleeve. 

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You call yourself a degenerate or "degenerative" gambler and you don't know how to look this stuff up?   That's idiot level online intelligence........I mean you have some limitations but I don't think you are THAT dumb.  And why does it matter if serious injuries/surgeries happened in HS/college/pro's specifically?   The slate doesn't get wiped clean........they can add up.    Allen has had two UCL tears to his throwing elbow since 2018.........that isn't an every QB occurrence.    You know that right? 

So the answer is that Josh has had no shoulder/collar bone injuries since college, which means at least 6-7 years ago, but you felt it necessary to mention those injuries because of the "they add up" factor.  Got it.

Did you know that Aaron Rodgers (whom you mentioned in your earlier post) fractured his right (throwing) clavicle twice, in 2013 and 2017?  Have those injuries "added up" to where he can't throw the ball well any more?  He has also had three concussions, the last in 2018.

Per usual, you make up stuff and exaggerate to try and prove your point.  We know you are on a crusade that Josh Allen doesn't protect himself well enough, despite the fact his two most significant injuries occurred in the pocket.

The question asked in this thread is whether or not Josh's elbow is still an issue.  None of us know that, but by all accounts he is "slinging it" just like we've come to expect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.