Notes from Ravens Practice

JDHillFan

The defense was on fire!

On their sixth straight day of practice, quarterbacks Lamar Jackson, Tyler Huntley and Josh Johnson had to operate in third-and-long situations during seven-on-seven and 11-on-11 play in Owings Mills. The struggle was even worse than what anyone could’ve predicted. Nine interceptions. Six false starts. One fumbled snap.

Jackson threw four interceptions, Johnson threw three, and Huntley, who also dropped a snap from the shotgun, had two. Most of the interceptions looked like they were intended for the defender, too.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-observations-nine-interceptions-training-camp-lamar-jackson-20230805-z6mcn5a5ufhnxlsztvaubltmvq-story.html

• Like (+1) 3

I believe their new OC is Todd Monken and he doesn't want his QBs wearing the wristbands because he thinks it ######s their understanding of the offense.

This is a hugely pivotal year for Lamar Jackson.

The Ravens are doing everything they can to get him up to the level of the true superstar QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Was it the same practice where Lamar threw his helmet and punted the ball after they couldn’t even run a play due to free rushers?

Because I saw that update yesterday about a recent Ravens practice. 

"Lamar, you're a bit rusty this early in the season, just relax.  Throw the football, and let the punter punt the football.  Can you do that?  Sure you can!  I knew you could!"

image.thumb.jpeg.e984a6635f4e8dc76a11aca02e10b0de.jpeg

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

The defense was on fire!

On their sixth straight day of practice, quarterbacks Lamar Jackson, Tyler Huntley and Josh Johnson had to operate in third-and-long situations during seven-on-seven and 11-on-11 play in Owings Mills. The struggle was even worse than what anyone could’ve predicted. Nine interceptions. Six false starts. One fumbled snap.

Jackson threw four interceptions, Johnson threw three, and Huntley, who also dropped a snap from the shotgun, had two. Most of the interceptions looked like they were intended for the defender, too.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-observations-nine-interceptions-training-camp-lamar-jackson-20230805-z6mcn5a5ufhnxlsztvaubltmvq-story.html

Why would you give us a link to a site you have to buy a subscription????

Most of us are too cheap to get the Buffalo and other WNY rags, we’re certainly not going to do it for Baltimore!

Please, do the American thing and copy and paste in the most relevant information.

Thank You. 

Edited by CSBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

Why would you give us a link to a site you have to bye a subscription????

It’s buy!!

Most of us are too cheap to get the Buffalo and other WNY rags, we’re certainly not going to do it for Baltimore!

I know that but felt the need to give credit in these difficult times for newspapers 

Please, do the American thing and copy and paste in the most relevant information.

I did

Thank You. 

You’re most welcome 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I believe their new OC is Todd Monken and he doesn't want his QBs wearing the wristbands because he thinks it ######s their understanding of the offense.

The Ravens are doing everything they can to get him up to the level of the true superstar QBs.

If the Ravens are doing everything they can to get Lamar up to the level of the "true superstar QBs" then why are they not letting the QBs wear wristbands?

Brady.  Brees.  Mahomes.  Rodgers.  Allen.  Burrows.  They all wear wristbands.

I was talking earlier to a friend about something I need to try to make.  His advice was, watch a bunch of Youtube videos and if everyone else is doing it one way and that one guy is doing something completely different, consider very well if you want to pay attention to that guy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

I can probably get you an email address for the sports department at the Baltimore Sun if you wish to lodge a complaint about their reporting. 

I don’t have a problem with the reporting. What I find curious was the motive behind posting about a random Raven’s practice which I can only assume would be to point out Lamar’s struggles as if to say our guy is better. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t have a problem with the reporting. What I find curious was the motive behind posting about a random Raven’s practice which I can only assume would be to point out Lamar’s struggles as if to say our guy is better. 

There are several topics not directly related to the Bills on page 1 of the message board. It’s common for topics around the league to be discussed. There is a multi page thread about a non-injury. The fact that you find this irritating enough to post your gripe multiple times is actually bringing me some joy. All that said, please let me know which topics you approve of for future reference. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If the Ravens are doing everything they can to get Lamar up to the level of the "true superstar QBs" then why are they not letting the QBs wear wristbands?

Brady.  Brees.  Mahomes.  Rodgers.  Allen.  Burrows.  They all wear wristbands.

I was talking earlier to a friend about something I need to try to make.  His advice was, watch a bunch of Youtube videos and if everyone else is doing it one way and that one guy is doing something completely different, consider very well if you want to pay attention to that guy.

While I understand the logic behind it, I agree with you that Monken is ill-advised in his restricting his QBs use of the wrist band.

But in other ways they have gone all-in on supporting Jackson. They got him a new OC after his uneasy time with Greg Roman.

They acquired Odell Beckham, Nelson Agholor, Laquan Treadwell, Melvin Gordon, and drafted Zay Flowers.

On paper he has more weapons than he's ever had before.

12 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

There are several topics not directly related to the Bills on page 1 of the message board. It’s common for topics around the league to be discussed. There is a multi page thread about a non-injury. The fact that you find this irritating enough to post your gripe multiple times is actually bringing me some joy. All that said, please let me know which topics you approve of for future reference. 

There’s nothing irritating about this but if you insist on my approval then please send any ideas you have about a thread to me and I will try to reject them as quickly as possible. 

• Haha (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

There’s nothing irritating about this but if you insist on my approval then please send any ideas you have about a thread to me and I will try to reject them as quickly as possible. 

I will do that and thank you for your fine input to this particular thread. If you need my assistance in quashing other’s enjoyment of it as it relates to discussing football, feel free to ask. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

If the Ravens didn’t think he was “up to the level of a superstar QB”, then maybe they shouldn’t have saddled their franchise with a mammoth contract that Jackson will more than likely never live up to.

Giving Jackson that contract was ludicrous, IMO, and I believe the Ravens will regret it sooner rather than later.

• Agree 3

25 minutes ago, Special K said:

If the Ravens didn’t think he was “up to the level of a superstar QB”, then maybe they shouldn’t have saddled their franchise with a mammoth contract that Jackson will more than likely never live up to.

Giving Jackson that contract was ludicrous, IMO, and I believe the Ravens will regret it sooner rather than later.

You’re far from alone with that opinion.

• Agree 1

I’m excited to watch the Ravens this year, people hate in Roman, but everywhere he leaves the “star” running QB struggles to do anything in a conventional offense.  I expect the trend to continue and they are now LOCKED into Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

He stems from the Dirk Koetter coaching tree, he'll be fine.  

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

How so?----he just got paid. It doesn't matter what he he does or how he plays this year. They are stuck with him. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Special K said:

I agree that the contract was a massive mistake. I hope he proves just how horrible it was too and that they never make another playoff game in franchise history.  If you aren’t the Bills and you’re in the AFC I want to see you fail. If your the Ravens, Miami, KC, NE, Cincinnati, Browns it’s a whole different level of Dislike! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yup, our special little “ complainers group” here at TSW would be having a combined sh-t attack, and their brains would be exploding one after another, and ya know, it would be quality entertainment…, 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

I agree that the contract was a massive mistake. I hope he proves just how horrible it was too and that they never make another playoff game in franchise history.  If you aren’t the Bills and you’re in the AFC I want to see you fail. If your the Ravens, Miami, KC, NE, Cincinnati, Browns it’s a whole different level of Dislike! 

Don’t forget the Steelers

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, our special little “ complainers group” here at TSW would be having a combined sh-t attack, and their brains would be exploding one after another, and ya know, it would be quality entertainment…, 😁👍

The entire Sadness Brigade would be in time out

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, uninja said:

Don’t forget the Steelers

Well I’ve had a few really fun nights in Pittsburgh courtesy of Iron City beer. Buddys wife back in the day paid her way through college as a “shot girl” at a country bar in Pitt.   Both are huge Pittsburg fans so I give Steelers a pass for the great memories. 
of course remembering back to how sick that crap swill left me they should be added to the list. 

Edited by Behindenemylines

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

How so?----he just got paid. It doesn't matter what he he does or how he plays this year. They are stuck with him. 

You're right.

It's a hugely pivotal year for the Ravens to see whether they get a good return on their immense investment in their QB, his new OC, and his new weapons.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

He scored a 13 on the Wonderlic so that wristband might be going back on real quick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.