Bills signed a TE who's last name I can't spell

Draconator

3 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

How do they find these players?

1 catch 8 yards and 1 rush for minus 4 yards at the D 3 school

From SI's Packers coverage:

How did a player with such a meager history in the small-time world of Division III football get a shot in the NFL?   A 4.49-second time in the 40 at 6-foot-4 and 248 pounds and a broad jump that rivaled any tight end to ever participate in the Scouting Combine.

www.si.com/nfl/packers/transactions/packers-give-chance-to-former-d-iii-player-with-meager-history

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m sure they will be proven to be right, if only in their own minds. 

As t least one of them has risen to heights not known to most of us, the thin air has definitely effected perception…, 

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

As t least one of them has risen to heights not known to most of us, the thin air has definitely effected perception…, 

My advice? Put your own oxygen mask on before helping others!    😋

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

Let’s just call him Nick.   🤷‍♂️

Nah, let’s call him “The Gugge” 

“Pass from Allen over the middle to the Gugge, he stiff arms the defender for the walk off TD” Bills win, Bills win! 

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Nah, let’s call him “The Gugge” 

“Pass from Allen over the middle to the Gugge, he stiff arms the defender for the walk off TD” Bills win, Bills win! 

Too close to @Gugny, I’m afraid. He is still searching for his correct pronunciation. I have faith he will find his way to a reasonable pronunciation. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Too close to @Gugny, I’m afraid. He is still searching for his correct pronunciation. I have faith he will find his way to a reasonable pronunciation. 

Your right, it will go right to @Gugnyhead, and we will never hear the end of it, 😂

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

All you have to do is remember that his last name is Someggug spelled backwards.

Is that phonetic for Gugny? (as has been pointed out, but sometimes I morph into Captain Obvious)

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/15/2023 at 3:33 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

Wild this guy keeps getting opportunities based entirely on measurables and Combine performance. I don't know how he even got invited to the Combine with his collegiate resume:

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/transactions/packers-give-chance-to-former-d-iii-player-with-meager-history

If you read the article carefully, while it says his 40 time and broad jump compare with the best ever at the combine at that position ((TE) it doesn't actually specify that he achieved those measurements at the combine.  I'm guessing he had a pro day somewhere.  Since St Thomas is a division III school, they probably don't have a college wide pro day.  Perhaps he hooked up with a nearby Division 1 school for his pro day. I presume he tried out and did well in the tryouts for the teams where he's been signed, the same way he landed a spot on the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

If you read the article carefully, while it says his 40 time and broad jump compare with the best ever at the combine at that position ((TE) it doesn't actually specify that he achieved those measurements at the combine.  I'm guessing he had a pro day somewhere.  Since St Thomas is a division III school, they probably don't have a college wide pro day.  Perhaps he hooked up with a nearby Division 1 school for his pro day. I presume he tried out and did well in the tryouts for the teams where he's been signed, the same way he landed a spot on the Bills.  

True. Thanks for catching and the clarification.

I was wondering how a DIII player who barely touched the field got a Combine invite. Still wild to me that given his resume, he's gotten multiple shots in the NFL just based simply on size, measurements, and athletic ability.

Definitely a Cinderella story if he ever amounts to something in the league.

On 6/16/2023 at 9:35 AM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Just read this guys grandfather played on the Bills in 89.  Maybe they still have one of his old jerseys so they won't need to sew the new guys name name on the back

His father not grandfather.

15 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Kick returner?

Neal Guggemos played kicker returner and DB (1 interception for 26 yards) in NFL.  He played 27 regular season and 3 playoff games (1987) over his career.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.