Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Look around you. There are plenty of people who buy it.

At the end of the day…this is just a hobby for us all.  There really is no life/death ramifications to anything that is said or done by those in this league or the media who cover it.

What I always say to the Homerish of Homers is 

“you do or believe in whatever you need to that makes you happy and in support of your favorite team.”

in the end … it’s the willful ignorance that keeps Fan Bases thriving over the years.  All fan bases.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Correct. And i’m honestly impressed with that astute observation on your part.

McDermott didn’t “slip up”. He purposefully said what he said. 

It was a shot across the bow. It was planned, and the PR plan was in place before the words ever left his mouth.

Like we all said, we know there is an issue.  We don't know what it was or level it was at or where it will lead.

Just because we aren't at hysteria level like you doesn't mean we don't think nothing is going on.  

You have completely embarrassed yourself in this thread.  You have zero ability to reason and MULTIPLE people tell you this all the time but we are all "lemmings". 

Internet Message Board Arrogance as an adult lol.  Let me drop hints about my intelligence and my successful company to show everyone I'm superior than them.

I don't understand how a President someone who runs a highly successful company who employs several engineers and large enough to need a PR firm....has so much time to brag about his accomplishments and hate everything McBeane on the Bills board while also posting on MENSA forums. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Yep. As I said it would be…

BCB771-A9-A46-E-4-A34-933-E-315-AB938-E1

It's trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube at this point. 

With McD saying very concerned yesterday, I still think he was really hot about whatever was discussed and once he said it, he realized it and shut down those questions. Straight PR to save face, bust some serious **** certainly went down

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Like we all said, we know there is an issue.  We don't know what it was or level it was at or where it will lead.

Just because we aren't at hysteria level like you doesn't mean we don't think nothing is going on.  

You have completely embarrassed yourself in this thread.  You have zero ability to reason and MULTIPLE people tell you this all the time but we are all "lemmings". 

Internet Message Board Arrogance as an adult lol.  Let me drop hints about my intelligence and my successful company to show everyone I'm superior than them.

I don't understand how a President someone who runs a highly successful company who employs several engineers and large enough to need a PR firm....has so much time to brag about his accomplishments and hate everything McBeane on the Bills board while also posting on MENSA forums. 

Why don't you take your personal feud to the message system and leave this crap out of the threads.

thanks.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

it’s indeed possible, though let’s also say there’s a good chance Josh isn’t calling the team for a domestic dispute the night before a playoff game. Maybe…. but I’ll say a lot less of the “off the record” stuff happens with on duty officers than it once did. There are far too many ways for it to blow up into something even bigger. 

photos of a cop at the house or his gf making a comment and “where’s the paperwork on this” or “what were you doing showing up at a private residence off duty” gets messy fast. 

Police were dispatched to joshs house is a bold statement though. And if this guys hearing it from two unrelated sources it’s not a good secret. So I’m doubting it’s true. 

Maybe on the “off the record” stuff.  But assume for a moment that the GF was the only one acting out.  Then assume that the BF declined to press charges.  Under that scenario, no report and plenty of privacy.  And, ultimately, I’m not sure how founded your skepticism is here.  

Edited by SectionC3

I'm glad he's back and football can be the focus again...whatever it was, it seems to be not big enough to stall the training. Although, as I noted in yesterday's post, this puzzles me as to why McD would use the terms "very concerned" because he doesn't do that often....it's a head scratcher.

24 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Sometimes it’s best to laugh at the lemmings.

Here is what I posted 16 hours ago. I told them all the script of how this would go down.

It is unfolding nearly exactly as I said it would.

Why? Because we run PR campaigns at my company. I know how they work. This was extremely predictable.

BCB771-A9-A46-E-4-A34-933-E-315-AB938-E1

My first impression from watching clips of practice and the presser is Diggs wants more control on O. In terms of teaching younger guys and playbook wise.

I always have and still do admire his will to win, he's such a dog out there . I kinda agree with giving him more of a voice on O if that is the case

Just speculation on my part

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Why don't you take your personal feud to the message system and leave this crap out of the threads.

thanks.

One poster tried making this thread all about themselves. So now that the Diggs stuff is blowing over, like most of us knew it would, it's all about them. They got what they wanted. They should enjoy the attention.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, papazoid said:

yesterday....diggs not in attendance, very concerned

today....gave him permission, he was excused

wow....PR nightmare already

This whole situation would have made for a great Jerry Springer episode. 

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

It's trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube at this point. 

With McD saying very concerned yesterday, I still think he was really hot about whatever was discussed and once he said it, he realized it and shut down those questions. Straight PR to save face, bust some serious **** certainly went down

Yes it’s difficult.

Thankfully for PSE they have an iron grip on the media so they can control the narrative and steer the direction of talk where they want it to go.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Rare misstep on my part. I shouldn’t have written that. I apologize. I try never to insult anyone.

0073-CEFC-F642-4092-B737-E5-B72-E9-B8-F2

Yet, you took the time out of your busy President day to make this meme, and then repost it while attacking multiple posters.

You're worse at this spinning and backpedaling than McD.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I'm glad he's back and football can be the focus again...whatever it was, it seems to be not big enough to stall the training. Although, as I noted in yesterday's post, this puzzles me as to why McD would use the terms "very concerned" because he doesn't do that often....it's a head scratcher.

McDermott is a dinosaur of a coach and is "very concerned" if a player skips practice. 

If Diggs wasn't one of the best WRs in the league you can bet that McD would've kicked him off the team by now.

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just because we aren't at hysteria level 

No hysteria from me. I simply called it like it is.

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't understand how a President someone who runs a highly successful company who employs several engineers and large enough to need a PR firm....has so much time to brag 

You forgot to mention that I was mentioned and quoted numerous times in a magazine this month (not a joke). 

Just my opinion, I think Diggs needed some concessions from Daboll & McDermott. McDermott said in the presser that tempers were getting hot and he excused him. My guess is that a good portion of that heat was focused at McDermott and he was still pissed when he took the mic yesterday and that's why he said he was very concerned. Totally my guess, no evidence, anyone else read that?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, The Red King said:

Good god, stop attacking each other!  You're not going to accomplish anything other then this getting locked.

If you cant take the heat...

There is no point to this thread anymore anyways. Mods could and should lock it. In the meantime tho...

• Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Just my opinion, I think Diggs needed some concessions from Daboll & McDermott. McDermott said in the presser that tempers were getting hot and he excused him. My guess is that a good portion of that heat was focused at McDermott and he was still pissed when he took the mic yesterday and that's why he said he was very concerned. Totally my guess, no evidence, anyone else read that?

That's pretty much how I took it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.