Thanks coach McDermott… you’re one of the best coaches in the game.

Dopey

From 20 year losers to regular division winners and SB contenders. 
Here ya go newcam2012, PBF81 and the like, flame away. I noticed a trend a while ago here. Any attempt at a positive thread MUST be shot down by negative Nancies. Hey Einstein, are the Bengals still better than the Bills? Thing is we’ve read your negative crap already. We know! We get it! You guys make this board a ***** place IMO. Go get laid or something. Life is awesome and it sucks that people like me stay away from this place to come  back a few weeks later and the same vocal group is writing the same 💩 as weeks ago. From what I read, Allen is the only good thing we have going for us. Last thought: you guys suck and it feels like you’re taking this site with you. Enjoy. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 10

I actually applaud posters like newcam2012, PBF81, etc. They don't follow the herd and can actually see the forest for the trees.  

McDermott has done a great job in helping to build this franchise to where it is today, but soon it's going get to a point where just making the playoffs isn't good enough.

I'm sure the players love him, but Bucs players loved Tony Dungy in 2000 as well.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

10 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Here ya go newcam2012, PBF81 and the like, flame away. I noticed a trend a while ago here. Any attempt at a positive thread MUST be shot down by negative Nancies. Hey Einstein, are the Bengals still better than the Bills? Thing is we’ve read your negative crap already. We know! We get it! You guys make this board a ***** place IMO. Go get laid or something. Life is awesome and it sucks that people like me stay away from this place to come  back a few weeks later and the same vocal group is writing the same 💩 as weeks ago. From what I read, Allen is the only good thing we have going for us. Last thought: you guys suck and it feels like you’re taking this site with you. Enjoy. 

Are people negative? Or observant?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I actually applaud posters like newcam2012, PBF81, etc. They don't follow the herd and can actually see the forest for the trees.  

McDermott has done a great job in helping to build this franchise to where it is today, but soon it's going get to a point where just making the playoffs isn't good enough.

I'm sure the players love him, but Bucs players loved Tony Dungy in 2000 as well.  

I'm okay with McD being Dungy.  In the playoffs every year.  Won a Lombardi.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The Ignore function is your friend.  You won’t see their sorry schtick and you’ll enjoy the board a lot more than you do now.  Put yourself out of the misery.  

I’ve ignored several of them in past weeks and have noticed my level of enjoyment has risen.  Quoting them will just give you more of the same regurgitated 🤮 that they wrote in every thread.  I haven’t ignored newcam yet, some of his posts make me laugh and feel good about myself.  But that will likely change soon.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Unfortunately a lot of you guys continuously get slapped in the face with a reality check and it clearly makes you upset. Negative nancies or whatever you want to call it, it's the real world saying hi. If the Bills are so great and McDermott is such a good coach and Allen is the best QB in history, then what do we have to show for it? How many super bowls? When all is said and done I don't think they are going to say the Bills made 1 AFC championship game so they are a great team. They will say the Bills are a joke, wide right and music city miracle and 13 seconds. Nobody outside Buffalo cares about the Bills until they win it all. That's reality

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Heck yeah. McD and Beane have been a blessing.  Super consistent and stability.  These guys are amazing at their craft. Both only going into year 7 , still learning, the best is yet to come. Beane had his best off season,  we'll see on the draft. Expect McD to have his best season,  although last year was amazing considering 4 All pros, White,Von,Hyde and Poyer were all banged up and the Damar situation.  For him to go 14-4 was amazing. Fell short but this is the year

Ppl saying they'll take 1 SB and suck for years, well we'll get SBs and will never suck with McBeane and Allen.  All elite at what they do 

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Unfortunately a lot of you guys continuously get slapped in the face with a reality check and it clearly makes you upset. Negative nancies or whatever you want to call it, it's the real world saying hi. If the Bills are so great and McDermott is such a good coach and Allen is the best QB in history, then what do we have to show for it? How many super bowls? When all is said and done I don't think they are going to say the Bills made 1 AFC championship game so they are a great team. They will say the Bills are a joke, wide right and music city miracle and 13 seconds. Nobody outside Buffalo cares about the Bills until they win it all. That's reality

Nobody cares? We have the cover athlete on Madden and a bunch of prime time and 4 pm games.  Obviously the league and networks realize Buf is one of the most watched teams in the league. The Lombardis will come!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I think McDermott is on the hot seat. 

He’s not an elite HC.  He’s a good to very good coach. 

He needs to get this team over the hump.  If he doesn’t do that within 2 years, depending on the circumstances (mainly injuries), he should probably be replaced.  He’ll then be hired immediately and turn around another franchise.  Why? Because he’s a good-very good HC.  

I don’t put last years season on McD.  Not in the least. The injuries and circumstances of the season were too much to overcome last year.  I thought McD did a great job keeping things together until the Cinci game.  I do put the two previous KC playoffs losses directly in his head. He was slaughtered in the first matchup and made the biggest coaching blunder in team history in the second.  The Bills have also outplayed the chiefs in head to head games 2 of 3 games since then (13 seconds was bad.  I thought we deserved to win but we didn’t really outplay them). 

that’s the reality. The guys mentioned in the post tell a lot of half truths.  They seem to rant a lot and don’t see both sides of what they say.  There is some truth to a lot of what they post but they’re blinded by their frustration and don’t look at the entire picture and refuse to think there are other ways to see this.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Observant? The first few times, Maybe. IMO  it’s negative when every attempt at a positive thread is met with the same negative stuff, by the same people saying the same thing over and over. In my op I wrote that we get it ,we get it. There’s plenty of threads with that sentiment. IMO there is a lot to be happy about with this team, but posters like success will start a thread regarding the positives on this team and the thread is overrun with the same negative people, with the same negative stuff. We heard/read it already. Quite a bit, actually. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He needs to get this team over the hump.  If he doesn’t do that within 2 years, depending on the circumstances (mainly injuries), he should probably be replaced.  He’ll then be hired immediately and turn around another franchise.  Why? Because he’s a good-very good HC.  

I don’t put last years season on McD.  Not in the least. The injuries and circumstances of the season were too much to overcome last year.  I thought McD did a great job keeping things together until the Cinci game.  I do put the two previous KC playoffs losses directly in his head. He was slaughtered in the first matchup and made the biggest coaching blunder in team history in the second.  The Bills have also outplayed the chiefs in head to head games 2 of 3 games since then (13 seconds was bad.  I thought we deserved to win but we didn’t really outplay them). 

that’s the reality. The guys mentioned in the post tell a lot of half truths.  They seem to rant a lot and don’t see both sides of what they say.  There is some truth to a lot of what they post but they’re blinded by their frustration and don’t look at the entire picture and refuse to think there are other ways to see this.  

Agree with most of this although I don't really put 2020 on him either. I think the Chiefs were better coached in the game, no question (I actually think Spags > Dabes was the biggest coaching mismatch that day) but they were also just a more experienced, more talented team. You can't ignore than in 2020 they showed that in the regular season too. I don't think the Bills were 'ready' to beat the Chiefs that year. In 2021 and since we have been the better team in all 3 H2H meetings IMO.... though only narrowly in the playoff game.... and that is why it was close enough for the coaching blunders at the end to cost us. 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Observant? The first few times, Maybe. IMO  it’s negative when every attempt at a positive thread is met with the same negative stuff, by the same people saying the same thing over and over. In my op I wrote that we get it ,we get it. There’s plenty of threads with that sentiment. IMO there is a lot to be happy about with this team, but posters like success will start a thread regarding the positives on this team and the thread is overrun with the same negative people, with the same negative stuff. We heard/read it already. Quite a bit, actually. 

Yeah, there is a difference between being observant and crusading. 

But it goes both ways. 

McDermott deserves plenty of credit for helping to turn the franchise around. But let’s be honest … most head coaches with top 5 NFL QBs tend to find success. 

I’m perfectly fine with someone opining that McDermott has done a good job in leading the Bills to becoming a perennial playoff team, while also pointing out that one AFCCG and multiple early playoff exits = underperforming. 

It’s exactly how I feel. 

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

There is truth to this to. And in fact they jump in to threads to make the same points over and over again where there is only a tangential link to what they want to say... almost as a counter to anyone saying anything positive. So much so in fact that one of the poster referred to jumped into a thread to argue with me the other day that I was making excuses for the Bills v Cincinnati by talking about injuries. Unfortunately for him my post was nothing to do with the Bills, or the Bengals for that matter, it was about the reason the Rams went from SB Champs to chumps... which was largely injury related. Just shows they are so keen to jump in with the "yea but" that they often haven't really engaged with the debate. 

The board in my 10 years of membership tends to swing different ways. We are definitely in a "negative" phase at the moment with some repeat offenders. Go back 3 or 4 years and we had a "homer" phase. Neither are great. People should be able to actually engage with the discussion without just regurgitating the narrative. In fairness to @PBF81 - he did that with me for the most part a few weeks ago. I don't think his position moved at all, but the majority of his posts in a back and forth did at least try and engage with the debate. But I think he thinks I am a massive homer. Which anyone who has been around here for the decade that I have been will know is far from the truth. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Dopey said:

You have the same anxiety about the Bills as the people that you are criticizing........probably a lot more, actually.  You are just doing the wrong thing by taking it out on fellow fans who have nothing to do with the outcomes on the field.     If you were at all well adjusted you would understand this.    You clearly are not.   If everything is awesome.........what is there to discuss?      You come here because you want to be told everything is going to be alright and you aren't going to get that on a message board.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

To the bolded there is a bit of an Allen cult. At least that is understandable though. He is our best player, he is out biggest asset, and he is ultimately the single biggest reason we are a potential Superbowl team. But there is a bit of a blame everything and everyone else and defend Josh at all costs. But like I say, not something I am going to spend a lot of time calling out because it is understandable. Josh is the most important guy (even though he should not be above criticism.)

But remember we had a similar cultish devotion on these boards to Tyrod Taylor now that really was insane. The Allen cult makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You have the same anxiety about the Bills as the people that you are criticizing........probably a lot more, actually.  You are just doing the wrong thing by taking it out on fellow fans who have nothing to do with the outcomes on the field.     If you were at all well adjusted you would understand this.    You clearly are not.   If everything is awesome.........what is there to discuss?      You come here because you want to be told everything is going to be alright and you aren't going to get that on a message board.   

Equally Dopey making this post is just going to incite the people he doesn't want to hear from to respond dozens of times telling him why he is wrong by repeating the same arguments made multiple times already this offseason.... so tactically as a way to resolve the frustration not sure it was the move to make :D 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

What you're doing with this post is inviting the very people who annoy you to bash on McDermott for eight or nine pages. I'll take a pass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The reality is Allen isn’t the best QB. He’s really good. Kinda like the Bills, really good. Not the best. Your reality doesn’t slap me in the face and I’m not upset. I’m happy if we win a SB, not a negative Nancy if we don’t. Who are “they” and why should I care what “they “ say. The Bills are fun to watch again and I’m really enjoying this run. Sucks that negative Nancies aren’t. Your reality and mine are not the same and that’s ok. By the way, if you’re really out in the real world, it’s actually a nice place. Not everyone poo poo’s positivity. That’s the real world saying hi. 

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

This is so silly. Why do you conflate someone being critical of McDermott to their overall outlook on life? There could be people who are very optimistic people that don't like McDermott as a coach or people that are very negative about life that love him as a coach. 

Also, this whole thing about "positive" threads...is that what a fun message board would be for you, where everyone just thinks the exact same thing as you? That sounds really boring to me. I'm really glad there's people that have different opinions. It can also challenge what I think because I choose to be open-minded and don't go into a thread or create one because I'm aiming for it to be positive or negative. But it would be flat out boring as hell if everyone just thought the same exact thing about everything. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To the bolded there is a bit of an Allen cult. At least that is understandable though. He is our best player, he is out biggest asset, and he is ultimately the single biggest reason we are a potential Superbowl team. But there is a bit of a blame everything and everyone else and defend Josh at all costs. But like I say, not something I am going to spend a lot of time calling out because it is understandable. Josh is the most important guy (even though he should not be above criticism.)

But remember we had a similar cultish devotion on these boards to Tyrod Taylor now that really was insane. The Allen cult makes sense. 

Equally Dopey making this post is just going to incite the people he doesn't want to hear from to respond dozens of times telling him why he is wrong by repeating the same arguments made multiple times already this offseason.... so tactically as a way to resolve the frustration not sure it was the move to make :D 

The most negative people are the one's who criticize the fans for having expectations.   They live for that sh!t.   Dopey might be developing into"that" guy.   An irrational defender of all criticism of the shield.  Which happens to be a multi-billion dollar business operation not some local HS kids playing for pride.   Like "Promo the Robot" was for all those drought years.   When the team started winning Promo lost all interest in TSW because there was far too much positivity to sift thru to get to his daily nut.   He's big in Sabres discussion still though. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Terrible start to a reply. I have no anxiety towards this team. None. I’ve had nothing but fun watching this team under the current regime.
Taking it out on fans? Negative Nancies are not taking it out on positive fans? It can’t be just one way. Well adjusted!?  Ok, Doc. How much per session on your couch?

Never said everything is awesome.

As to your last sentence, you’re way off. It’s like my post went over your head. For you to think I’m here cuz I want to hear everything will be alright, when I obviously know it won’t happen is pretty dumb. Nah, it’s Dopey. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Here's the whole truth as i see it: 

McDermott is safe as long as he keeps winning UNTIL the new stadium opens.

The Bills won't mess with the cash cow that's upon them by taking a chance prior to collecting the maximum PSL fees possible.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree with most of this although I don't really put 2020 on him either. I think the Chiefs were better coached in the game, no question (I actually think Spags > Dabes was the biggest coaching mismatch that day) but they were also just a more experienced, more talented team. You can't ignore than in 2020 they showed that in the regular season too. I don't think the Bills were 'ready' to beat the Chiefs that year. In 2021 and since we have been the better team in all 3 H2H meetings IMO.... though only narrowly in the playoff game.... and that is why it was close enough for the coaching blunders at the end to cost us. 

KC was better-  i agree.  I put it on Mcdermott and his staff for not having his team ready to play that game.  They were completely out coached and did a poor job.   Regardless of if who was the better team- the coaching staff failed that day. 

Spags >> Dabs for sure….. but our defense was equally as bad that day-  2 guys destroyed us.  We couldn’t come close to containing one of them- 22 catches 290 2 TD.  Everyone else 7-35-  gotta be able to limit one of those guys. Which we did the next time we played them. 

Great coaching can overcome having lesser talent.  Just as it did in the Super Bowl last season.  Philly had the best roster imo.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Really, because everywhere I go people talk about the Bills very favorably and especially Josh Allen. Other fans love the Bills and root for them as their 2nd team. It is very common. I just took an Uber to my hotel in Detroit and the driver would barely talk about the Lions, but when I mentioned the Bills he couldn't stop talking about the Bills and knew the roster and admitted he secretly roots for the Bills.

I travel a lot and I get nothing but positivity from other fanbases about the Bills. I've never lived in Western New York, so I am never around Bills fans.

Negativity is not the same as reality. Reality is that the Bills are a top 3 to 5 team in the NFL. Reality is that they have a good shot of winning the superbowl. Reality is that they haven't gotten it done yet, but they can in the future. That's reality. Don't call yourself a realist because you aren't. I'm a realist. You give us a bad name.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

The Bills won't mess with the cash cow that's upon them by taking a chance prior to collecting the maximum PSL fees possible.

Could be right.  I wouldn’t blame the Pegulas for keeping him til then.  He’s a good coach.  He represents the city and the fan base well.  He’s a helluva guy that is a proven commodity as a coach.  

If/when they decide it’s time- The most important thing, imo, is that they have a replacement in mind.  Someone in particular.  If they fire him with no plan in place- that’s terrible.  

that said- if we have a poor showing in the playoffs this year with a relatively healthy roster, I would support firing him if we landed Ben Johnson.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

KC was better-  i agree.  I put it on Mcdermott and his staff for not having his team ready to play that game.  They were completely out coached and did a poor job.   Regardless of if who was the better team- the coaching staff failed that day. 

Spags >> Dabs for sure….. but our defense was equally as bad that day-  2 guys destroyed us.  We couldn’t come close to containing one of them- 22 catches 290 2 TD.  Everyone else 7-35-  gotta be able to limit one of those guys. Which we did the next time we played them. 

Great coaching can overcome having lesser talent.  Just as it did in the Super Bowl last season.  Philly had the best roster imo.  

But KC had Patrick Mahomes.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

And Andy Reid.  And Spags.  

last I saw, Mahomes didn’t hold the Philly offense to 11 points in the 2nd half.  Sure, his great play helped, but he was also throwing to wide open targets schemed open by the coaches. 

if Mahomes had Mcdermott and Frazier on his sideline instead of Reid and Spags for that game he’d have one less Super Bowl ring.  Along with 1 less Super Bowl appearance.  

agree to disagree.  

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Both, 

When posters are constantly negative they deserve some abuse, I am a glass half full sort, but I do “VENT” from time to time, was very happy to see Frazier shown the door, and I believe that McDermott doesn’t play high draft pick rookies enough, etc etc, but I don’t live in the negative as a well known group of posters here so obviously do. They give me valid reason to be sarcastic in a pointed fashion, 😁 🍸🚬 it’s great, and if I’m gentle about it I don’t get the points or sent to to time out, 👍

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Dopey said:

As to your last sentence, you’re way off. It’s like my post went over your head. For you to think I’m here cuz I want to hear everything will be alright, when I obviously know it won’t happen is pretty dumb. Nah, it’s Dopey. 

You've clearly established that you know you aren't very intelligent by taking on the name Dopey.    So I will explain to you what I meant in saying "you want to hear everything is going to be alright".  I meant with regard to the team this season.   Obviously.   Unless you are saying you are certain that the Bills aren't going to win the SB this year.   Which would be truly negative viewpoint of the team with the 3rd or 4th highest odds to do so(per Vegas),  which I presume is not your feeling based on this super-whiny thread.  

This thread was just a really dumb decision on your part.   It was only going to create A LOT more negativity.   You lived up to your name with this one. :lol:

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Unprovoked and out of the blue, you woke up this morning and decided to start a thread where you call out, by name, multiple posters--saying:

"You guys make this board a ***** place IMO. Go get laid or something."

...and you think you take the high ground on this board?  You should take a long break (not sure how that doesn't earn you one).

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

McDermott is not Dungy, and this comparison is really dumb.  Dungy was laid back, nice guy, everything-was-okay kind of guy.  McDermott is intense, demanding, and holds everyone accountable.  

As I've said before, McDermott would have a head coaching job within days after the Bills fire him.  

Edited by Shaw66
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

The reality is Allen isn’t the best QB. He’s really good. Kinda like the Bills, really good. Not the best. Your reality doesn’t slap me in the face and I’m not upset. I’m happy if we win a SB, not a negative Nancy if we don’t. Who are “they” and why should I care what “they “ say. The Bills are fun to watch again and I’m really enjoying this run. Sucks that negative Nancies aren’t. Your reality and mine are not the same and that’s ok. By the way, if you’re really out in the real world, it’s actually a nice place. Not everyone poo poo’s positivity. That’s the real world saying hi. 

I couldn't agree more. Following the Bills is a fun hobby for me. I greatly enjoy that they are once again fun & enjoyable to watch and root for. I don't like when they underperform - but I don't get to upset about it. I would love to see a Super Bowl win in my lifetime (I'm getting on the "older" side). However - I fully plan on continuing to enjoy the ride with the team as I have done through the last 50 years or so. 

I used to play golf on a regular basis too - that turned out to be a very frustrating game to me - so I stopped playing it - because I stopped enjoying it. 

I intend to always remain a Bills fan - & enjoying the ride wherever it leads each season. 

I suggest not being a "Negative Nancy" or a blinded "homer" - just relax & enjoy that we have a fun & entertaining team to root for & discuss - and maybe, just maybe, they might hoist a Lombardi trophy one day - now that would be exciting & fun - but either way I intend to have fun seeing where it leads.  

• Like (+1) 2

McD is a very good to excellent coach in many aspects of the game …. Up to this point, this hasn’t included decision making in the playoffs. If that doesn’t change, he’ll become this generation’s Marty Schottenheimer. Not a bad legacy to leave, but not good enough. If you find that assessment a “Negative Nancy” opinion, then perhaps the homerism on the Bills Mafia Facebook group would be more to your liking. 

1 hour ago, loyal2dagame said:

But think of all the D0wners who will not buy PSLs until they replace Coach McD with one of the top head coaches of NFL!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

You disagree with what here?

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

And Andy Reid.  And Spags.  

last I saw, Mahomes didn’t hold the Philly offense to 11 points in the 2nd half.  Sure, his great play helped, but he was also throwing to wide open targets schemed open by the coaches. 

if Mahomes had Mcdermott and Frazier on his sideline instead of Reid and Spags for that game he’d have one less Super Bowl ring.  Along with 1 less Super Bowl appearance.  

agree to disagree.  

You think KC would’ve been in and won the SB with McD and Frazier last year?   That Mahomes was throwing to several wide open targets that was a product of great play calling?  

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You disagree with what here?

You think KC would’ve been in and won the SB with McD and Frazier last year?   That Mahomes was throwing to several wide open targets that was a product of great play calling?  

I can easily imagine a world where they did, yea. 

• Disagree 1