Thanks coach McDermott… you’re one of the best coaches in the game.

Dopey

47 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

McDermotts is a miracle worker and you’re blind if you can’t see that

We went from the depths of despair to perennial contenders

He won with Tyrod Taylor

It always takes two to tango

I think that's over stating it

McDermott went 9-7 with Tyrod Taylor

Rex Ryan went 8-8 and 7-8...my threshold for miracles is a little higher than one game better than Rex Ryan lol

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Rex Ryan went 8-8 and 7-8...my threshold for miracles is a little higher than one game better than Rex Ryan lol

Rex Ryan also went to 2 afc championship games 

He’s not a bottom feeding idiot… No matter the persona

He understands football better than 99.999% of the guys alive

remember… “ We are going” .. Rex told me that my face also

He thought the team was good enough but McDermott got it done

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Rex Ryan also went to 2 afc championship games 

He’s not a bottom feeding idiot… No matter the persona

He understands football better than 99.999% of the guys alive

remember… “ We are going” .. Rex told me that my face also

He thought the team was good enough but McDermott got it done

I don't think Rex was horrible or anything but I'm also not going to use his results vs McDermott vis a vis Taylor to prove McDermott is a great coach

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

How about one game better and a box of donuts? Rob could be the real wonder here! 

I like McD and appreciate where he has this team. Obviously far from perfect, but I expect him to continue to grow and improve, as we’d all hope and expect. I don’t see a coach coming off a 14-4 season as being on any kind of hot seat. We are fans, and often frustrated, but if you are a top 5 Super Bowl contender I think tweaking makes far more sense than wholesale changes. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

How about one game better and a box of donuts? Rob could be the real wonder here! 

I like McD and appreciate where he has this team. Obviously far from perfect, but I expect him to continue to grow and improve, as we’d all hope and expect. I don’t see a coach coming off a 14-4 season as being on any kind of hot seat. We are fans, and often frustrated, but if you are a top 5 Super Bowl contender I think tweaking makes far more sense than wholesale changes. 

Yes I tend to agree with all of these points

My only qualifier would be- the key to winning a Super Bowl isn't making the playoffs, it's winning playoff games. And a lot of the time for whatever reason I personally feel a distinct disadvantage in the coaching department when the postseason rolls around.

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't think Rex was horrible or anything but I'm also not going to use his results vs McDermott vis a vis Taylor to prove McDermott is a great coach

It’s a lot more than just Tyrod Taylor

The organization and culture was a mess for 17 years

Do you live in Western New York? Buffalo? Because if you do the disorganization and terrible culture was felt throughout the region during the drought

McDermott changed One bills Drive instantly… The culture was changed instantly and it was felt throughout the region

He’s a miracle worker

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Do you live in Western New York? Buffalo? Because if you do the disorganization and terrible culture was felt throughout the region during the drought

McDermott changed One bills Drive instantly… The culture was changed instantly and it was felt throughout the region

He’s a miracle worker

I do not live there but I definitely appreciate the work they put in turning the ship around, it's been apparent no matter where you watch from

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes I tend to agree with all of these points

My only qualifier would be- the key to winning a Super Bowl isn't making the playoffs, it's winning playoff games. And a lot of the time for whatever reason I personally feel a distinct disadvantage in the coaching department when the postseason rolls around.

This could be describing the complaints about Andy Reid a few years and a couple rings ago. Nobody wins it….until they win it. I still like our general trajectory. 

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I actually applaud posters like newcam2012, PBF81, etc. They don't follow the herd and can actually see the forest for the trees.  

McDermott has done a great job in helping to build this franchise to where it is today, but soon it's going get to a point where just making the playoffs isn't good enough.

I'm sure the players love him, but Bucs players loved Tony Dungy in 2000 as well.  

Well said Boo...Great man, great at process...culture...player relationships etc.  He just kinda sucks at playoff game day strategy. Just like Levy did.  

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

This could be describing the complaints about Andy Reid a few years and a couple rings ago. Nobody wins it….until they win it. I still like our general trajectory. 

Andy Reid in his first five years coaching the Eagles went to four straight conference championships and one Super Bowl with Donovan McNabb as his QB. I don't think the two are really all that comparable.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He’s a miracle worker

I find the “miracle worker” label so odd. 

Cultures are changed in the NFL every year. Hundreds of coaches have done it.

It’s nothing new to turn a team around. It probably FEELS like that because of nearly two decades of mediocrity, but the rest of the NFL didn’t have that long of ineptitude.

But even if you want to call him a “miracle worker” of culture, it’s still Josh Allen that is responsible for the sustained greatness.

If Allen ever goes down (knock on wood), you will see INSTANTLY just how much that “culture” is worth on the scoreboard.

7 hours ago, Dopey said:

From 20 year losers to regular division winners and SB contenders. 
Here ya go newcam2012, PBF81 and the like, flame away. I noticed a trend a while ago here. Any attempt at a positive thread MUST be shot down by negative Nancies. Hey Einstein, are the Bengals still better than the Bills? Thing is we’ve read your negative crap already. We know! We get it! You guys make this board a ***** place IMO. Go get laid or something. Life is awesome and it sucks that people like me stay away from this place to come  back a few weeks later and the same vocal group is writing the same 💩 as weeks ago. From what I read, Allen is the only good thing we have going for us. Last thought: you guys suck and it feels like you’re taking this site with you. Enjoy. 

I’m going to try to be as kind and objective as possible in this response.

It’s ok to appreciate McDermott for getting us out of the drought and being a GOOD coach, while not bowing down to him like he’s an ELITE coach.

Brandon Beane has proven that he is an elite GM.

Josh Allen has proven that he is an elite QB.

McDermott has had some questionable performances when it matters most. He’s a defensive coach and his defenses have failed when it matters most.

I used to love McDermott and think he was on his way to be the greatest ever, but he’s shown some weakness. That’s just a fact. I’m rooting for him to evolve and turn it around and hopefully he will. If not, we need an elite coach to go with our elite QB and GM to get this thing done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Andy Reid was in numerous Championship games and a Super Bowl before his KC tenure AND that was with a lesser QB than Allen.

If Andy Reid had Josh Allen in Philly then he would have several more Super Bowl rings by this point.

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Andy Reid in his first five years coaching the Eagles went to four straight conference championships and one Super Bowl with Donovan McNabb as his QB. I don't think the two are really all that comparable.

I referred to the complaints. Not the coaches. “He’s great in the regular season, but he just doesn’t get it done in the playoffs.” Look at all Reid accomplished, and it still wasn’t enough without rings. McD has not accomplished as much, but the complaints are quite similar, IMO. Fine in the regular season, but never gets to the top in the playoffs. 

Winning a Super Bowl will feel that much better because it’s so hard to do. 

Edited by Augie

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I find the “miracle worker” label so odd. 

Cultures are changed in the NFL every year. Hundreds of coaches have done it.

It’s nothing new to turn a team around. It probably FEELS like that because of nearly two decades of mediocrity, but the rest of the NFL didn’t have that long of ineptitude.

But even if you want to call him a “miracle worker” of culture, it’s still Josh Allen that is responsible for the sustained greatness.

If Allen ever goes down (knock on wood), you will see INSTANTLY just how much that “culture” is worth on the scoreboard.

Ummm We were in the longest drought of any NFL franchise ever

We had Snake oil salesman like Russ brandon de facto running the bills for years

Every good coach we reached out to would not come out … Antonio Brown said he didn’t answer the bills phone call in the draft because he didn’t wanna get drafted by them

We were …in a league of parity ..stuck in the craziest drought

And yes Sean McDermott brought faith character and work ethic back to Buffalo… And we’ve been to the playoffs six out of seven years

So having one of the deepest rosters in the NFL, and one of the best qbs, top scoring offenses and top defenses and 0 Super Bowl appearances means he is the greatest coach ever?  He is more likely to be fired before making a SB appearance 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Ummm We were in the longest drought of any NFL franchise ever

We had Snake oil salesman like Russ brandon de facto running the bills for years

Every good coach we reached out to would not come out … Antonio Brown said he didn’t answer the bills phone call in the draft because he didn’t wanna get drafted by them

We were …in a league of parity ..stuck in the craziest drought

And yes Sean McDermott brought faith character and work ethic back to Buffalo… And we’ve been to the playoffs six out of seven years

All of those things are true. And all of things are common in the NFL.

Those things you listed above are not what makes a “miracle worker”.

This is reminiscent of “Saint Doug”. 

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

All of those things are true. And all of things are common in the NFL.

Those things you listed above are not what makes a “miracle worker”.

This is reminiscent of “Saint Doug”. 

No he’s what Saint doug promised and wasn’t and quit

And Sean does it without causing any drama and respecting the NFL and his guys 

Yes in terms of the NFL it’s a miracle… Whoever gets the Browns to six out of seven playoffs will be a miracle worker

I’m not saying they’re Saint Joan of arc… it’s Football related

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1