Are the Bills done inducting players onto the Wall of Fame at current stadium?

BillsPride12

It's been awhile since they have added anybody and with only 3 more years left at the current stadium it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case but does anybody know if they ever made an official comment or statement on this?

My only gripe would be that Cornelius Bennett never made it on there....an important pillar of the Super Bowl teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's been awhile since they have added anybody and with only 3 more years left at the current stadium it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case but does anybody know if they ever made an official comment or statement on this?

My only gripe would be that Cornelius Bennett never made it on there....an important pillar of the Super Bowl teams.

Bennett was a MUCH better player than a few guys from that era that made it up there. With that being said, maybe the off the field issues have prevented him from going up?

There are a bunch of others that belong: Moulds, Ruben Brown, Kyle Williams for sure. You could make arguments for a lot of others. I always use the “Jim Richter scale” to determine the worthiness. He was a decent player but not WOF-worthy. This current era has more guys that will go: Allen, McDermott, Diggs, Hyde?, Poyer?, Milano?, Tre?

• Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bennett was a MUCH better player than a few guys from that era that made it up there. With that being said, maybe the off the field issues have prevented him from going up?

There are a bunch of others that belong: Moulds, Ruben Brown, Kyle Williams for sure. You could make arguments for a lot of others. I always use the “Jim Richter scale” to determine the worthiness. He was a decent player but not WOF-worthy. This current era has more guys that will go: Allen, McDermott, Diggs, Hyde?, Poyer?, Milano?, Tre?

I do think that's the reason he didn't make it up there but I feel like that's such a slippery slope as other guys that made it up there weren't angels either.  Marv Levy actually wrote a letter to the Pegulas a few years ago asking for Bennett to be included on the Wall and referenced his "mistakes" and thought he still deserved consideration.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Get rid of the murderer. Add Schobel. 

Why are you trying to piss me off today?  ***** Schobel

Why not put Kelsay up there too then?

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I'm trying to figure out who the quitter is, who people are referring to.  Maybe Lou Saban?  I think Saban definitely belongs on the WOF.

He belongs but he quit on Ralph twice.  So it’s never going to happen.

• Haha (+1) 1

The ones I'd like to see, in order:

1) Butch Byrd (5x AFL all star, 3x first team all AFL, 2x second team all AFL, AFL all time second team, franchise record in INT's with 40, Int return yards with 666, and int returns for TD's with 5).

2) Eric Moulds (3x pro bowler, 2x second team all pro, first Bills receiver to amass 100 receptions in a season, 2nd all time Bills receiver for yards, TD's, and receptions).

3) Kyle Williams (6x pro bowler, 1x second team all pro, franchise record in career TFL's with 103 and QB hits at 141, although these stats were not tracked in the days of Bruce Smith and other Bills greats of the past).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Get rid of the murderer.

Speaking of that, I saw a guy at my gym today wearing a genuine NFL Henry Ruggs III jersey. Why would he do that, especially after having just plead guilty? Like, would you even be allowed in Highmark wearing a Simpson jersey?

Also, for the heck of it, I googled Ruggs and Simpson jerseys, and they are still for sale. Some even for $70-$90. WTF?

Edited by chongli
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

Looking at that link, anyone else notice something just a tad off with Kent Hull, both on the main page and the player page?

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/alumni/wall-of-fame-profiles/kent-hull

Kent Hull, Corner #67 (2002 Inductee)

Pretty sad editing to miss that twice.

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, chongli said:

Speaking of that, I saw a guy at my gym today wearing a genuine NFL Henry Ruggs III jersey. Why would he do that, especially after having just plead guilty? Like, would you even be allowed in Highmark wearing a Simpson jersey?

Also, for the heck of it, I googled Ruggs and Simpson jerseys, and they are still for sale. Some even for $70-$90. WTF?

They do.  I've seen people in my section wearing a Simpson jersey.  

• Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, chongli said:

People buy paraphernalia associated with people way worse than that and pay way more for it. Some of them wear in in public too. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

21 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When the "off field issues" include multiple violent sexual assaults, that may have something to do with it. I don't know if he has turned his life around, but Bennett was a vile person in his playing days. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Fred was a great person and a good player.  He was a bright spot during some really rough years. But I think he is wildly overrated by most Bills fans.  

*Guess who had a higher yards per carry average for their Bills career, Devin Singletary or Fred Jackson?

I guess you can count me among the people who overrate Fred.  With the likes of Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Kyle Orton, and EJ Manuel handing him the ball, Fred didn't see a lot of defenses selling out to stop the pass.  Fred played for really bad teams often behind woefully bad OLs and still produced.   Somebody can fact-check me, but I think one year Fred led the NFL in yards after contact.  He got a lot done without a lot of help.  Sometimes when I watched him play, I thought he could have been a HOFer if he had played with the Bills during the late 80s/early 90s instead of Thurm.  

*Guess who had a higher yards per carry average for their Bills career, Fred Jackson or Thurman Thomas?

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Just in general, I don’t see a reason why they couldn’t add 1 or 2 more to the wall. I don’t think the new stadium construction is impeding that in any way - everyone (except maybe OJ) is going to be transferred over to that building anyways.

As far as names, Bennett is a good choice. Kyle Williams and Eric Moulds should get serious consideration as well.

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Maybe the Pegulas should form a committee that reviews the entire Wall of Fame for the new stadium.  Give them the opportunity to delete some players and add others.  Start fresh.  

That committee has already been formed.  Consists of entirely TBD-TSW members.  Picture from the last meeting:

image.thumb.jpeg.388886241cf74532bc9826c9d68c8c69.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.