After the draft: current odds of the Bills winning the SB

BillsFan619

56 minutes ago, arcane said:

I don't think the gap between the Jets and Fins should be that big 

Rodgers at QB demands that gap over Tua, regardless of a “down year”

if last year was the beginning of the end for Rodgers then Dolphins May finish ahead of Jets  and maybe easily.

Edited by julian
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

How would the smart money in Vegas put us closer to the Chiefs than we are from the Jets. I have been reading on TBD tgat we have zero percent chance of winning a title. I am thinking some people on the board should plunk down money on everybody put the Bills.

• Haha (+1) 1

• BillsFan619 changed the title to After the draft: current odds of the Bills winning the SB
4 hours ago, julian said:

if last year was the beginning of the end for Rodgers then Dolphins May finish ahead of Jets  and maybe easily.

Agreed.  Observers around the league are going to give Rodgers the benefit of the doubt even though he was unimpressive last season at times.  He's had a Hall of Fame career, and a fair number of people will assume he can return to his excellence of 2 years ago and earlier when he was a perennial MVP candidate.  There's no way to know for certain if he still has "it."

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, bills6969 said:

My prediction is the Jets win the AFCE this year.  We get a wildcard spot.  Go into playoffs overlooked and finally win the Lombardi!!!

Keep dreaming the New York Jets flat out suck and need to move back to New York City where they belong with a new owner that actually cares. Aaron Rodgers is done football championship level at 40 years old like Johnny Unitas and Joe Namath done. Think about it you think Green Bay Packers are trading Aaron Rodgers if there was anything left in the tank. I trust Green Bay Packers organization judgement on players over the hapless New York Jets that along with the Detroit Lions two of the worst professional sports franchises in sports today. Woody Johnson and Willam Clay Ford and the Ford Family couldn’t run a lemonade stand when it comes to NFL football franchises and judgement of anything. I would bet against both these hapless franchises run by incompetent owners for decades ever winning a Super Bowl or a Division Championship again unless they lucked into it which these two franchises can’t even do that. We are talking about a organization that passed on Josh Allen but acquiring Aaron Rodgers giving away the house is a good idea in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Chiefs play us at home, have a slightly easier schedule (depending on how the divisional opponents turn out) and have proven time and time again to find a way to play all of their post-season games at home.  

Makes sense. 

Interesting that we’re tied with CIN.  They have, on paper, a much easier schedule than us. 

• Like (+1) 1

Confirming the trend that it is Bills fans who are the most down on the team. Everyone else around the league still thinks very highly of the Bills.

As they should.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Interesting that we’re tied with CIN.  They have, on paper, a much easier schedule than us. 

Not so sure about that. Cincy plays eight playoff teams from last year this season (Baltimore x2, KC, Jax, SF, Minnesota, Seattle, and us) and we play nine. Buffalo may have a slightly tougher division, but some are saying Pittsburgh will make the playoffs this year, and Cleveland will be much better now that Watson will have a full season. Of course, a lot of things change once the season begins, but I think the Bengalis have only a slightly easier schedule than we do.

Edited by chongli

12 hours ago, julian said:

Yeah, perfectly put.

12 hours ago, bills6969 said:

My prediction is the Jets win the AFCE this year.  We get a wildcard spot.  Go into playoffs overlooked and finally win the Lombardi!!!

This is kind of cute. Like watching a newborn kitty try to take his first steps.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Confirming the trend that it is Bills fans who are the most down on the team. Everyone else around the league still thinks very highly of the Bills.

As they should.

I am hearing these murmurings from different spots talking about how the NFL screwed up by allowing Dalton Kincaid to get to the Jets

Here’s to that

14 hours ago, julian said:

I think it's more because they expect Tua to miss 4-5+ games like he has every year since high school.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

How would the smart money in Vegas put us closer to the Chiefs than we are from the Jets. I have been reading on TBD tgat we have zero percent chance of winning a title. I am thinking some people on the board should plunk down money on everybody put the Bills.

link?

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Look at any bash McBeane thread … there are so many or just look 4 comments up .. “we are going nowhere”

I searched "we are going nowhere".  Nothing really since January right after the Bengals loss.

So you are exaggerating 

22 hours ago, arcane said:

With the uncertainty around Tuas health and if he can maintain it I think it's fair.

They do have Mike White backing him up which is better than what they had last year.

But you can't evaluate the Dolphins without considering their backup QB considering his injury rate.

5 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Our D is the big question. With Tre as our #1 CB we ain't going anywhere. Don't give me " hopefully he rebounds and gets healthy". The dude is a wimp at 100% strength.

He was considered a top CB before the injury and he was not 100% last year. His age does obviously play a factor if he ever sees "100%" again, but it's not as bad as you make it sound.

39 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I searched "we are going nowhere".  Nothing really since January right after the Bengals loss.

So you are exaggerating 

Look 7 posts up in this very thread from Dillinger4

”Our D is the big question. With Tre as our #1 CB we ain't going anywhere. Don't give me " hopefully he rebounds and gets healthy". The dude is a wimp at 100% strength.” Sorry I corrected the grammar.

There are numerous references to fire McDermott / Beane as well as statements about us not being good enough to win. I will not be spending my time finding them for you. If you have not seen those posts good for you .. they are there. Have a great weekend.

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Look 7 posts up in this very thread from Dillinger4

”Our D is the big question. With Tre as our #1 CB we ain't going anywhere. Don't give me " hopefully he rebounds and gets healthy". The dude is a wimp at 100% strength.” Sorry I corrected the grammar.

There are numerous references to fire McDermott / Beane as well as statements about us not being good enough to win. I will not be spending my time finding them for you. If you have not seen those posts good for you .. they are there. Have a great weekend.

there it is!  you caught that guy saying (well, kind of) the thing you said many were saying!

lol 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

there it is!  you caught that guy saying (well, kind of) the thing you said many were saying!

lol 

If you haven’t seen similar statements many times over on this board you are either 1) randomly skipping those posts; 2) suffering from significant memory loss; or 3) just a troll. if 1) congrats; off 2) my condolences; if 3) then I totally get it .. trolls gonna troll

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

Keep dreaming the New York Jets flat out suck and need to move back to New York City where they belong with a new owner that actually cares. Aaron Rodgers is done football championship level at 40 years old like Johnny Unitas and Joe Namath done. Think about it you think Green Bay Packers are trading Aaron Rodgers if there was anything left in the tank. I trust Green Bay Packers organization judgement on players over the hapless New York Jets that along with the Detroit Lions two of the worst professional sports franchises in sports today. Woody Johnson and Willam Clay Ford and the Ford Family couldn’t run a lemonade stand when it comes to NFL football franchises and judgement of anything. I would bet against both these hapless franchises run by incompetent owners for decades ever winning a Super Bowl or a Division Championship again unless they lucked into it which these two franchises can’t even do that. We are talking about a organization that passed on Josh Allen but acquiring Aaron Rodgers giving away the house is a good idea in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Damn I got tired just reading that

On 5/5/2023 at 6:34 PM, bills6969 said:

I'd literally be in shock if they win the East

They have some nice talent,  especially on D. But haven't had a winning record in a decade and longest playoff drought in all 4 sports.

They should get a WC but Buf is not only better on paper but a winning culture that is going into year 7. These things matter!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

If you haven’t seen similar statements many times over on this board you are either 1) randomly skipping those posts; 2) suffering from significant memory loss; or 3) just a troll. if 1) congrats; off 2) my condolences; if 3) then I totally get it .. trolls gonna troll

you made something up.  It's ok...

17 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

@Mr. WEOi would like to thank you for helping me make up my mind about something. I posted my perception of something and you decided to troll it.

You wanted me to spend time searching for specific examples, but my time is more valuable than wasting it trying to prove a point to someone such as yourself who puts the “anti” in social media which probably explains why you have 11,000 positive responses on 41,000 posts. It’s kind of sad really.

You have helped me realize I am wasting too much time on TBD. I enjoyed a lot of the content but there is so much negativity it was dragging me down. i have stage 4 cancer with a 5 year life expectancy of around 20% though the doctors have been more hopeful as the treatments have gone well and i am younger. Still helps put a focus on what’s important and battling wits on TBD is not high on that list.

Currently, I spend most of my time working, doing treatments and sleeping and I thought I enjoyed being distracted by coming onto TBD, but you helped me realize it is not worth the time investment. 

I am logging out and will likely never log in again as overall it is more frustrating than encouraging. Thanks to @NewEra who I shared my cancer diagnosis with and kept checking up on me @YoloinOhio and others for amazing breaking news and the leadership of TBD such as @SDS who try to keep the board sane.

I truly hope that you find a way to be less troll like. No hard feelings on my side as you did give me insights in my time usage.

When it comes down to it, the TBD board is social media.

My opinion of that is I invite others into my world and enjoy the interaction.

But for me that does not mean I HAVE to invite everyone.  Some people don't agree with me on this, but I don't really care.

There are members of this board I choose to IGNORE.  They have a right to post, but i have the right not to have to read them.

I hope that my view will help you stay.  Either way, I wish you the best in your health struggle.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

@Mr. WEOi would like to thank you for helping me make up my mind about something. I posted my perception of something and you decided to troll it.

You wanted me to spend time searching for specific examples, but my time is more valuable than wasting it trying to prove a point to someone such as yourself who puts the “anti” in social media which probably explains why you have 11,000 positive responses on 41,000 posts. It’s kind of sad really.

You have helped me realize I am wasting too much time on TBD. I enjoyed a lot of the content but there is so much negativity it was dragging me down. i have stage 4 cancer with a 5 year life expectancy of around 20% though the doctors have been more hopeful as the treatments have gone well and i am younger. Still helps put a focus on what’s important and battling wits on TBD is not high on that list.

Currently, I spend most of my time working, doing treatments and sleeping and I thought I enjoyed being distracted by coming onto TBD, but you helped me realize it is not worth the time investment. 

I am logging out and will likely never log in again as overall it is more frustrating than encouraging. Thanks to @NewEra who I shared my cancer diagnosis with and kept checking up on me @YoloinOhio and others for amazing breaking news and the leadership of TBD such as @SDS who try to keep the board sane.

I truly hope that you find a way to be less troll like. No hard feelings on my side as you did give me insights in my time usage.

First and foremost, I wish you good health, sorry for what you are going through and never give up the fight.

I think @Mr. WEO main point is, if you are going to quote someone or something on these boards that you need to be very specific.

I have come to learn over the last few weeks on this board.. If you make things personal... Its on you...  If you take an opinion personal... its still on you.. But the second someone takes it to a personal level, Then it's on them and I tell them "you made it personal" end of story. I read what @Mr. WEO said 10 times and I personally do not think what he said was wrong.

That leads to the last step that you have taken on you're own. If you think the conversation is to much... enough.. break it. There is an old saying from the 80's I think.. Sorry if my spelling is off but I believe it's "opinion's vary"  You can not let things on this board get to you and same way the other way around. I have taken time off from the boards in the past because I took everything personal. I wish you the best.  Keep fighting the fight that matters. 

41 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I truly wish you well and a quick and safe return to good health.  None of this board stuff is important, really

9 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

First and foremost, I wish you good health, sorry for what you are going through and never give up the fight.

I think @Mr. WEO main point is, if you are going to quote someone or something on these boards that you need to be very specific.

I have come to learn over the last few weeks on this board.. If you make things personal... Its on you...  If you take an opinion personal... its still on you.. But the second someone takes it to a personal level, Then it's on them and I tell them "you made it personal" end of story. I read what @Mr. WEO said 10 times and I personally do not think what he said was wrong.

That leads to the last step that you have taken on you're own. If you think the conversation is to much... enough.. break it. There is an old saying from the 80's I think.. Sorry if my spelling is off but I believe it's "opinion's vary"  You can not let things on this board get to you and same way the other way around. I have taken time off from the boards in the past because I took everything personal. I wish you the best.  Keep fighting the fight that matters. 

I just think generalizations should be easy to back up.

cheers!

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I truly wish you well and a quick and safe return to good health.  None of this board stuff is important, really

I just think generalizations should be easy to back up.

cheers!

Just jumping on one last time to delete my original post and to apologize to @Mr. WEO. I am drained and my head is all foggy from the treatments and likely too emotional.  I will be staying off, but not because of @Mr. WEO and my apologies also for my snarkiness.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/5/2023 at 5:35 PM, arcane said:

Agreed.

Jets have Rodgers, and the offensive rookie of the year (almost both, if Hall did not get injured) and D rookie of year.  On paper they look much better, but how do the rookies play in year 2?  

Also, Mia has a QB who fits its system well, a great D and offensive that has played together.  

I see them closer.  

On 5/6/2023 at 8:05 PM, JerseyBills said:

I'd literally be in shock if they win the East

They have some nice talent,  especially on D. But haven't had a winning record in a decade and longest playoff drought in all 4 sports.

They should get a WC but Buf is not only better on paper but a winning culture that is going into year 7. These things matter!

the Jets are dependent on rookies continuing to play well once the league has them figured out, and Rodgers jelling into that culture.  They could be a juggernaut or flame out.  Right now I think the plan should be prepare as if they are a juggernaut and hope they flame out.   And, as you noted, we have the sustained culture that expects to win.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.