Day 2 LIVE NFL DRAFT, 7pm

HOUSE

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

A weapon they could likely get later in the draft.

Sane with their Gibbs pick yesterday.

Agree on Gibbs, thought they would maybe do it at 18.  But LaPorta was commonly mocked as an early to mid 2nd round pick, so doesn't feel out of whack here for me personally.

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Iowa typically has good defensive talent and o line talent. They just can’t score points, because they never seem to have elite skill position guys. 

To add to this…

In the 2022 season, Iowa had one of the nation’s best overall defenses. The only offensive player of note, however, was LaPorta. 2022 was the worst O-line Ferentz has fielded in over 20 years. Brutal. At one point of the season, they had the nation’s top scoring defense and the nations worst scoring offense. That defense has a few more NFL-caliber players that will get picked in the 2024 and 2025 NFL drafts. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I’ve been wrong before, but the guy just looks like a bust, although I’m not sure why. 

Bad tape. But on top of that he just seems so phony as a person. Guaranteed he's the kind of "leader" that would have none of his teammates show to his birthday party. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

To add to this…

In the 2022 season, Iowa had one of the nation’s best overall defenses. The only offensive player of note, however, was LaPorta. 2022 was the worst O-line Ferentz has fielded in over 20 years. Brutal. At one point of the season, they had the nation’s top scoring defense and the nations worst scoring offense. That defense has a few more NFL-caliber players that will get picked in the 2024 and 2025 NFL drafts. 

That always seemed to be Iowa’s style, but I didn’t realize the o line had become so weak. They used to provide the league with a lot of o line talent, although it seemed like many of them didn’t live up to their billing if I recall correctly. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I can't see taking an OG today with Bates, McGregor and Andrews here. All 3 are starting material.

They are is Edwards gets back to form. Just throwing out that Buffalo does save $8M against the cap if Mitch Morse is listed as a June 1st cut or trade...Bates is really solid at C. I am NOT advocating for the move. Just tossing a passing though out there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

i think bates should really be playing center, but i see what your point

Honestly, that’s where I’m at too. 

If we draft an IOL, to me that signals (potentially) a cap savings with Morse. 

Bates and McGovern both on multi-year deals and then a high pick on the IOL, we already have solid depth with Ike and Edwards.   Get the IOL gelling together as soon as possible.  

• Agree 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

the raiders traded away their great tight end and hadto trade up to replace him

You can't pay everyone.  I think the Raiders have to take a one time cap hit on all the mess they have created with Carr.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They are is Edwards gets back to form. Just throwing out that Buffalo does save $8M against the cap if Mitch Morse is listed as a June 1st cut or trade...Bates is really solid at C. I am NOT advocating for the move. Just tossing a passing though out there.

What is $8 million in cap savings good for now? Maybe if meant getting DHop yet locker room fit doesn't feel right 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.