• Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee
    • Byron Young, DE, Tennessee
    • Isaiah Foskey, DE, Notre Dame
    • Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin
    • Keion White, OLB, Georgia Tech
    • BJ Ojulari, OLB, LSU
    • Trade Down

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2023 at 12:05 AM

Who should the Bills select at #59

There really weren't a lot of 2nd round grades at positions of need.  If you see someone missing that you think is a glaring miss, please post their name a reason why they should be added.  

Thank you

Edited by Virgil

Benton was the other guy other than Downs that I was targeting with the Seahawks. So I'm not voting for him here out of principle lol. 

Drafttek offers up the additional people if you want some more positional flexibility:

Tyrique Stevenson CB Miami

DJ Turner NCB Michigan

Felix Anudike-Uzomah Edge KSU

Blake Freeland OT BYU

Ji'Ayir Brown S Penn St

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

Benton was the other guy other than Downs that I was targeting with the Seahawks. So I'm not voting for him here out of principle lol. 

Drafttek offers up the additional people if you want some more positional flexibility:

Tyrique Stevenson CB Miami

DJ Turner NCB Michigan

Felix Anudike-Uzomah Edge KSU

Blake Freeland OT BYU

Ji'Ayir Brown S Penn St

I added a few.  Thanks boss

Well it looks like I am waaaaay off the consensus here. I don't even have a 3rd on Benton. I have a high 4 on him. He is the slowest guy off the ball every snap. I think he is a decent run stuffer but we are talking about the 59th overall pick. This is a guy who is barely in the top 100 for me (I need to count up but he is right around the point on my board this year where the 100th rated player is). He can be an NFL starting 1 tech but he has almost no use on passing downs. 

He would be a good replacement for Daquan Jones. Who was drafted in the 4th round too btw. He would be horrible value for me at #59. I get it he might have a higher grade in other places, I'm just one guy, what do I know? But there is no way based on my evaluation of his tape I'd consider him at this spot. 

The top 3 guys left by my board are not on the poll. Two of them are corners (which might be why), the other is a pass rusher who I'd take in an instant here. The best player left on my board who is on the poll is Keion White, but I'm not sure he is a perfect scheme fit for the Bills. Likewise the second highest graded player I have off the list Daiyan Henley. Not sure he fits what the Bills want to do. So my vote is for Byron Young, Defensive End, Tennessee. He DOES fit the Bills scheme, very well indeed. And they have had him in for a visit. Not only would I make him the pick, presented with this board I think he is who Brandon Beane would pick. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well it looks like I am waaaaay off the consensus here. I don't even have a 3rd on Benton. I have a high 4 on him. He is the slowest guy off the ball every snap. I think he is a decent run stuffer but we are talking about the 59th overall pick. This is a guy who for is barely in the top 100 (I need to count up but he is right around the point on my board this year where the 100th rated player is. He can be an NFL starting 1 tech but he has almost no use on passing downs. 

He would be a good replacement for Daquan Jones. Who was drafted in the 4th round too btw. He would be horrible value for me at #59. I get it he might have a higher grade in other places, I'm just one guy, what do I know? But there is no way based on my evaluation of his tape I'd consider him at this spot. 

The top 3 guys left by my board are not on the poll. Two of them are corners (which might be why), the other is a pass rusher who I'd take in an instant here. The best player left on my board who is on the poll is Keion White, but I'm not sure he is a perfect scheme fit for the Bills. Likewise the second highest graded player I have off the list Daiyan Henley. Not sure he fits what the Bills want to do. So my vote is for Byron Young, Defensive End, Tennessee. He DOES fit the Bills scheme, very well indeed. And they have had him in for a visit. Not only would I make him the pick, presented with this board I think he is who Brandon Beane would pick. 

Switched my vote to Young. 

• Haha (+1) 2

🤮

in hindsight-  I would have drafted Anton Harrison and drafted Cedric Tillman.  

This being the case, I think drafting Byron Young, followed by Foskey would be best.  Benton would likely be the pick if it’s Beane….. but I just haven’t watched enough of him to take him over guys that I’ve watched.  I’ll watch some today

but I’d probably draft Freeland because Brown.  

Edited by NewEra

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well it looks like I am waaaaay off the consensus here. I don't even have a 3rd on Benton. I have a high 4 on him. He is the slowest guy off the ball every snap. I think he is a decent run stuffer but we are talking about the 59th overall pick. This is a guy who is barely in the top 100 for me (I need to count up but he is right around the point on my board this year where the 100th rated player is). He can be an NFL starting 1 tech but he has almost no use on passing downs. 

Agreed on Keion.  Seems like a McD type too. Big with traits 

didn’t realize he was still available.  I think he goes early rd 2 maybe rd 1

Edited by NewEra

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well it looks like I am waaaaay off the consensus here. I don't even have a 3rd on Benton. I have a high 4 on him. He is the slowest guy off the ball every snap. I think he is a decent run stuffer but we are talking about the 59th overall pick. This is a guy who for is barely in the top 100 (I need to count up but he is right around the point on my board this year where the 100th rated player is. He can be an NFL starting 1 tech but he has almost no use on passing downs. 

Yeah I have been back and forth on the edge guys. I don’t love Benton, but I get why people like him. 

I like Keion White, Foskey, they seem to be the long versatile guys McBeane loves. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This draft only has like 40 solid prospects if that……..    all the rest are projects.  

let’s go get the injured players who would have had higher grades. Like Vorhees in a higher than graded round.

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I have been back and forth on the edge guys. I don’t love Benton, but I get why people like him. 

I like Keion White, Foskey, they seem to be the long versatile guys McBeane loves. 

I see White a little bit more as a 5 tech rather than a pure off the edge rusher. That's why I say maybe he isn't what the Bills need in their scheme, but then that was my view on Boogie Basham as well (I also liked Boogie less as a player, but positionally I felt the same) and the Bills drafted him so maybe the Bills would be interested. 

Yea, maybe presented with this list I'd just go my highest grade is White and pick him. 

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

This draft only has like 40 solid prospects if that……..    all the rest are projects.  

let’s go get the injured players who would have had higher grades. Like Vorhees in a higher than graded round.

I think 40 might be kind.... I only have 31 with mid second or higher grades. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Jumped on the bandwagon and went with the DT.  Wanted the receiver but it's not obvious that Tillman will get separation in the NFL.  Is he mostly a big body that has to box out defenders and grab contested balls?  How different is he from Gave Davis?

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

🤮

in hindsight-  I would have drafted Anton Harrison and drafted Cedric Tillman.  

This being the case, I think drafting Byron Young, followed by Foskey would be best.  Benton would likely be the pick if it’s Beane….. but I just haven’t watched enough of him to take him over guys that I’ve watched.  I’ll watch some today

but I’d probably draft Freeland because Brown.  

100%. If you could know you would get Tillman at 59 I think you would go OL, TE, LB at 27. I’m not sold on Campbell at 27 but if I had a choice of Campbell and Tillman, or Addison and Freeland/Henley. I’d take it any day if the week 

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

100%. If you could know you would get Tillman at 59 I think you would go OL, TE, LB at 27. I’m not sold on Campbell at 27 but if I had a choice of Campbell and Tillman, or Addison and Freeland/Henley. I’d take it any day if the week 

I think I’d rather have addison and Keion White than taking Campbell.  

the only way I’ll be somewhat ok with using our first pick on Campbell is if we trade down (preferably multiple times) that would yield us with  us 3 2nds and 2 3rds.  5 picks in the first 3 rounds would be nice- even though this draft is 💩 

We need to get younger on defense.  After Elam, Benford, Groot it’s nothing but question marks and before we know it Milano and White will be 30.  Our starting safeties are 32 and 33.  

Playmakers on D if this is what we’re looking at on offense in RD 2.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think I’d rather have addison and Keion White than taking Campbell.  

the only way I’ll be somewhat ok with using our first pick on Campbell is if we trade down (preferably multiple times) that would yield us with  us 3 2nds and 2 3rds.  5 picks in the first 3 rounds would be nice- even though this draft is 💩 

I’m not sure you could trade down enough to get all those extra picks and still get Campbell. He went a few picks after us to KC at 31 in this mock. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Switched my vote to Young. 

I went to NFL.COM and they used the word “twitchy”. That is not a word you hear a lot when discussing our healthy DE’s. 

EDIT: They also say he ran a 4.43 in the 40, so I’ll trust @GunnerBill on this one. Color me skeptical of their analysis. GB knows who this guy is and has seen him play football. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m not sure you could trade down enough to get all those extra picks and still get Campbell. He went a few picks after us to KC at 31 in this mock. 

He is going to go higher than a lot of people think, regardless of whether the Bills take him. The Bills won't get him if they trade too far back, I don't think.

Can't get married to one prospect, though.

Just now, mrags said:

Yeah…. Personably, I don’t care which Mike we got out of the top 3.  I don’t love any of them. Campbell is the most ready to be a starting Mike, but he’s also the slowest.  I’m not sold on him being anything more than a decent mike that we’ll be complaining about for 4-5 years.  Just my gut feel about him. 

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah…. Personably, I don’t care which Mike we got out of the top 3.  I don’t love any of them. Campbell is the most ready to be a starting Mike, but he’s also the slowest.  I’m not sold on him being anything more than a decent mike that we’ll be complaining about for 4-5 years.  Just my gut feel about him. 

That’s why I like Sewell. Getting similar for cheaper price. Has family in the league and will have more family in the league in a few years. He knows what it takes to be a player in the NFL. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Who should the Bills select at #59

There really weren't a lot of 2nd round grades at positions of need.  If you see someone missing that you think is a glaring miss, please post their name a reason why they should be added.  

Thank you

I wish we can trade out this draft or use the pks for really good veteran players this draft is garbage too me

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.