RIP Mike Kadish

Guffalo

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/obituaries/mike-kadish/article_feb6d4a1-ed77-5c8e-9982-9079edda9125.html

RIP Mike Kadish. When most people think of the 1972 undefeated Miami Dolphins, the name Mike Kadish is rarely mentioned. Unless you're a longtime Dolphin fan from the 1970s, you probably don't remember him at all. Yet, he was the Dolphins first round draft pick in 1972 after an All American career as a defensive tackle at Notre Dame. How forgetful was Kadish's Dolphins career? When Kadish showed up to camp overweight, head coach Don Shula asked him what happened? Kadish told Shula he got married. Shula responded "Did you marry a refrigerator?" Kadish would spend the entire 1972 season on the team's taxi squad without playing a single down. After suffering a concussion in 1973, Kadish was traded to the Buffalo Bills. Kadish ended up having a solid career and played 9 seasons with Bills from 1973 to 1981 without missing a game. He's one of the few Bills that can actually say he has a Super Bowl ring. Kadish had battled Parkinson's Disease for several years. He passed away on March 19th. Mike Kadish was 72.

• Sad 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I do remember him and I was a fan, as I was of all those guys on the 78-82 Knox Era teams.

They were all my heroes as a boy.

I am gray and old and bald now.  He passes at 72 and I have sadness over it, because I still see him, and all of them, through the eyes of that small boy as they were then...and as I was.

The almost tears in my eyes are for the both of us.

RIP, Sir.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I saw him play many times. Great player. I forgot what Miami got in that trade, but I remember after he made a great play a game announcer asking "What did Buffali trade for him? A couple bubble gum wrappers?" Indeed. That was one of the best trades in franchise history.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He is not to be confused with former Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Mike Lodish.

Weird that we had two DTs with names so similar.

That's what came to my mind.  NFL record (still) for playing in 6 SBs. 4 with the Bills and 2 with Denver

12 hours ago, Guffalo said:

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/obituaries/mike-kadish/article_feb6d4a1-ed77-5c8e-9982-9079edda9125.html

RIP Mike Kadish. When most people think of the 1972 undefeated Miami Dolphins, the name Mike Kadish is rarely mentioned. Unless you're a longtime Dolphin fan from the 1970s, you probably don't remember him at all. Yet, he was the Dolphins first round draft pick in 1972 after an All American career as a defensive tackle at Notre Dame. How forgetful was Kadish's Dolphins career? When Kadish showed up to camp overweight, head coach Don Shula asked him what happened? Kadish told Shula he got married. Shula responded "Did you marry a refrigerator?" Kadish would spend the entire 1972 season on the team's taxi squad without playing a single down. After suffering a concussion in 1973, Kadish was traded to the Buffalo Bills. Kadish ended up having a solid career and played 9 seasons with Bills from 1973 to 1981 without missing a game. He's one of the few Bills that can actually say he has a Super Bowl ring. Kadish had battled Parkinson's Disease for several years. He passed away on March 19th. Mike Kadish was 72.

Bummer, I met him once at Pierce Arrow.  Nice guy.

I didn’t make a good first impression though, as when my friend brought him over and asked “Do you know who this is?” I tried to be funny by saying “Fred Smerlas?”

• Haha (+1) 1

I remember him he was a good Buffalo Bills player on the 1980 Buffalo Bills team that finally beat the Miami Dolphins and Bills fans took the field goal post down in the end zone. I have his Bell’s Super Market football card that came in a set I collected when I was a kid. If Bills QB Joe Ferguson doesn’t hurt his ankle in the New England Patriots game that 1980 team might have been our first Super Bowl championship team in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Mike was a great Bill that I remember well.

My dad suffered from Parkinson's for years and then had a couple of strokes.

At the end, half his body shook uncontrollably, and the other half was partially paralyzed.

It was tough to see him go through that.

18 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

RIP, Mike. He was one of my favorite Bills of the '70s. I still have his football card.

FYI, I met Earl Edwards as a kid. My dad was a store manager at the Firestone on Niagara Falls Boulevard and Edwards was there for an in-store promo. My dad took my younger sister, brother, & me down to the store in the snow...wearing our pajamas...to meet him that night just before the store closed. We were the only ones in the store (boy have times changed) and got to talk with him for a while before going back home to bed. I was in awe of him. I was in the presence of real live Buffalo Bill whom I had watched play on TV...and he was talking to ME! I remember thinking that he looked like a giant...just seemed massive to a little boy like me. I was on cloud nine for a week. To this day it's still one of my most cherished Bills memories. Despite only making the playoffs once in the '70s, the Bills players on those teams are still some of my favorite of all-time. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. RIP, Mr. Kadish.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.