Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

It's because the narrative is that the Bills offense is too reliant on JA17. But the reality is that the Bills got more yards from their running backs than the Chiefs did last year. That's an actual fact. 1,417 for the BIlls to 1,192 for the Chiefs. And that's on 30 fewer attempts.

Yup. The reliance is due to him having a bad OL last year and weapons lacking after Diggs.   It’s not because of the RB position. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Yup. The reliance is due to him having a bad OL last year and weapons lacking after Diggs.   It’s not because of the RB position. 

Everyone knows where our deficiencies exist. Draft oline and go trade for a star WR to pair with Diggs. Philly did it, Cinci did it via draft. There is a reason why teams like them go deep into the playoffs. This isn’t hard, but apparently Beane doesn’t get it. 

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bengals fans seem to be worried that the owner is balking at guaranteed money and longer deals. 

All seems to be lining up for them to be able to keep their Big 3 together, but not much else. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bengals fans seem to be worried that the owner is balking at guaranteed money and longer deals. 

All seems to be lining up for them to be able to keep their Big 3 together, but not much else. 

Thankfully (despite many ungrateful fans here) we have an Owner willing to pay $$$$$ for our enjoyment 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Thankfully (despite many ungrateful fans here) we have an Owner willing to pay $$$$$ for our enjoyment 

Don’t let anyone fool you, this isn’t some charity service for our enjoyment. This is a business with an expected ROI. While it’s nice to finally have owners who are willing to put in money, they aren’t just doing it for our enjoyment, they are building a brand to improve their ROI. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Don’t let anyone fool you, this isn’t some charity service for our enjoyment. This is a business with an expected ROI. While it’s nice to finally have owners who are willing to put in money, they aren’t just doing it for our enjoyment, they are building a brand to improve their ROI. 

It's an Entertainment business. I agree that as you said, "they are building a brand to improve their ROI", but it is still entertainment. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

It's an Entertainment business. I agree that as you said, "they are building a brand to improve their ROI", but it is still entertainment. 

Yes, but that entertainment isn’t simply because of “doing it for the great people of Buffalo” . While I’m sure they have plenty of sentimental attachment to the area, and want to see things improve, ultimately them throwing money around isn’t because they care about entertaining fans. They are doing it to improve the brand so they can make money. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Everyone knows where our deficiencies exist. Draft oline and go trade for a star WR to pair with Diggs. Philly did it, Cinci did it via draft. There is a reason why teams like them go deep into the playoffs. This isn’t hard, but apparently Beane doesn’t get it. 

Did the draft happen already? I must have missed it

• Thank you (+1) 4

Looking at some of these posts, you could certainly come to the conclusion that the Bills suck again, which is far from the case.  I for one enjoy watching the Bills play again.  Ya it sucks they haven't won a Superbowl yet, but it sure is fun watching them again. Anywho...

Go Bills!! 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Beane about to run it back minus Edmunds.

Not the worst thing in the world.  

Frazier gone and, health permitting, the defense is top tier talent-wise.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We knew this was happening, and it's mostly a good thing. The Bills needed tweaks and health, not an overhaul. 

Give me healthy Von, White, Hyde & Poyer, someone fast and raw to play the Will so Milano can play the Mike, and I'd still argue the Bills may have the best D in the AFCE. 

On offense, give me upgrade at LG (check) and RT, and a better slot, and they have the best Offense in the AFCE

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

For the first couple of months of the season - we were the best team in the league.

I don't mind running that back.  Sure, other teams are improving - but if Miller can make it back close to full strength, and we have Hyde & Poyer, and a new defensive philosophy overall?  Add in a RB, another WR and possibly a TE, and an improved O-line?

Yeah.  Giddy up.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

For the first couple of months of the season - we were the best team in the league.

I don't mind running that back.  Sure, other teams are improving - but if Miller can make it back close to full strength, and we have Hyde & Poyer, and a new defensive philosophy overall?  Add in a RB, another WR and possibly a TE, and an improved O-line?

Yeah.  Giddy up.

The Bills looked like a pantheon level team until injuries caught up with the defense and the league caught on that the Bills OLine just wasn't there and Dorsey didn't have the answers to that (not that we should have expected him to. Having an average OLine is fine. Having a bad OLine is a fatal flaw usually) beyond asking Josh to save to them

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.