Bills Rank 9th in NFLPA Team Report Card

Coach Tuesday

The NFLPA surveyed players about their level of satisfaction with the team facilities, training staff, weight facilities, travel etc.  The results are interesting:

https://nflpa.com/buffalo-bills-report-card

Overall the players love the Bills' facilities and treatment of their families.  They got a D+ for travel, probably because they're 1 of 6 teams that makes young players room together (LOL).  The low score on food/nutrition is interesting given the discussion in the Combine pressers thread about whether certain players (Dawkins, Davis, Josh) are in peak physical shape.

Anywho, enjoy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The NFLPA surveyed players about their level of satisfaction with the team facilities, training staff, weight facilities, travel etc.  The results are interesting:

https://nflpa.com/buffalo-bills-report-card

Overall the players love the Bills' facilities and treatment of their families.  They got a D+ for travel, probably because they're 1 of 6 teams that makes young players room together (LOL).  The low score on food/nutrition is interesting given the discussion in the Combine pressers thread about whether certain players (Dawkins, Davis, Josh) are in peak physical shape.

Anywho, enjoy.

I heard the Commanders got annihilated by this report.

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I heard the Commanders got annihilated by this report.

Commanders:

Treatment of families: F

Nutrition: D+

Training Room: F-

Locker Room: F-

Training Staff: D

That's... brutal.

Did get an A+ in Strength Staff though.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

It says right on the report that the nutrition score is low because the nutritionist splits time between the Bills and Sabres.

Seems kind of petty to not have a nutritionist for each team. It's an extra $70k salary for a $1.4B team.

Overall really good rankings though.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Seems kind of petty to not have a nutritionist for each team. It's an extra $70k salary for a $1.4B team.

Probably more just a matter of not realizing the players want more access.  I bet that gets fixed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Actually, was watching Forbes Sports yesterday.........and PSE was ranked as the 21st most valuable sports entity on earth with a valuation of $4.46B.........the majority of that is the Bills.    I know the Sabres are unprofitable but the Bills shouldn't have to share any important service with them to save costs on the hockey team.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Maybe 80 total athletes with probably a dozen or so nutrition plans pre defined that covers most of the bases?  I don’t see why multiple team can’t be supported. 

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Actually, was watching Forbes Sports yesterday.........and PSE was ranked as the 21st most valuable sports entity on earth with a valuation of $4.46B.........the majority of that is the Bills.    I know the Sabres are unprofitable but the Bills shouldn't have to share any important service with them to save costs on the hockey team.

Hey now, we all rememeber the Pegula ppt that PSE was supposed to help maintain them a certain lifestyle...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

44 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills are now worth $3.4 billion per Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/buffalo-bills/?sh=485d4271625d

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That valuation will probably be $8B or something ridiculous like that already by the time they open the new stadium.  

Probably not.  The stadium is not an asset.  The Falcons value went up 27% after their publicly funded stadium opened---not chump change but not anything like 8 billion would take for the Bills to get to 8 million in 4 years. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Probably not.  The stadium is not an asset.  The Falcons value went up 27% after their publicly funded stadium opened---not chump change but not anything like 8 billion would take for the Bills to get to 8 million in 4 years. 

Depends on what happens with inflation and Super Bowls, if we keep at a rate of 8% then the Bills winning a Super Bowl and having a new stadium should cause a doubling of value in about 5 years 

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

I know a couple Olympic dietitians. It can be 2x that for revenue generating sports. But I totally agree with you. Especially given the size of an NFL team. 

12 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Depends on what happens with inflation and Super Bowls, if we keep at a rate of 8% then the Bills winning a Super Bowl and having a new stadium should cause a doubling of value in about 5 years 

which teams have doubled in 5 years?

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

which teams have doubled in 5 years?

The Bills for one have more than doubled from 2018-2022. Their value just rose almost 50% in the last year. 2021 - $2.3 billion, 2022 - $3.4 billion. My guess is once Washington sells there will be a big increase again. Add a Super Bowl beforehand and $8 billion is totally doable.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Ours 2018-2023 ( 1.6 billion to 3.4) how are you not aware of this when arguing so vehemently?

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The Bills for one have more than doubled from 2018-2022. Their value just rose almost 50% in the last year. 2021 - $2.3 billion, 2022 - $3.4 billion. My guess is once Washington sells there will be a big increase again. Add a Super Bowl beforehand and $8 billion is totally doable.

bottom valuation teams can increase the most. The most valuable teams stay the most valuable but not with the sane incremental increase.

We are discussing a valuation of 8 billion in 4 years.  That would place the Bills easily in the top 10 NFL valuations in 4 years—an increase of 135%.  If the top 10 value teams, only 3 have won a SB in the last 10 years.  It includes the Bears, Jets and Giants. 

It’s not going to happen.  

15 minutes ago, babulator said:

Having to have a roommate is weird. When the day is over, you go your way, I'd prefer to go my own way. I can barely tolerate my wife in the room when I'm trying to sleep. Sleep is important, this would be a tough bridge to cross for me.

I suspect there's another motive here, than saving $$. Help build comraderie, be more likely to talk shop, have one other there to worry about snitching on the other if they think it's a hookers n blow kinda night lol

Are players required to use the rooms given, or can they upgrade If they want, or pay their way out of sharing if they want? I'm guessing no, which brings me back to my first hypothesis

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

bottom valuation teams can increase the most. The most valuable teams stay the most valuable but not with the sane incremental increase.

We are discussing a valuation of 8 billion in 4 years.  That would place the Bills easily in the top 10 NFL valuations in 4 years—an increase of 135%.  If the top 10 value teams, only 3 have won a SB in the last 10 years.  It includes the Bears, Jets and Giants. 

Would you have predicted 3.2 billion 4years ago? We have an NBA team that has gone up from $400 million 10 years ago to $4 billion. The values are skyrocketing for all franchises, especially NFL teams 

Just now, Orlando Tim said:

Would you have predicted 3.2 billion 4years ago? We have an NBA team that has gone up from $400 million 10 years ago to $4 billion. The values are skyrocketing for all franchises, especially NFL teams 

Yes they are skyrocketing.  Bills aren’t going to be in that top 10 at 8 billion in 4 years.  The Commanders are the only team on the block in the foreseeable future.  They will generate an actual price, not theoretical.  They currently are theoretically at #6.  Will they jump to #1 overtaking the Cowboys, currently at 8 billion?  Unlikely, Dallas has to much revenue generating power compared to nearly every other team. Even a billionaire is going to take that into his pricing offer for Washington.  The willingness to pay for a team will reach reality at the top of the market.  The Bills have among the weakest revenue generating power.  No buyer is going to offer too 10 money for that.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Cowboys are the most valuable franchise and just added $2.3 billion in value over the last 2 years($1.5 billion in 2022 alone). The Pats added $2 billion over the last 2 years. The Rams $2.2 billion. Imagine if the Cowboys had won a Super Bowl in those 2 years how much more would they be worth? 

Someone will overpay for the Commanders, once that happens there will be another big adjustment and once the money from the TV deals really start to flow.

To say they would be a top 10 value team is asinine, I just showed the top teams are increasing more in value than they are. Their values aren't just going to sit idle, while Buffalo's increases. $8 billion won't get you in the top 10 once their stadium opens. 

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The Cowboys are the most valuable franchise and just added $2.3 billion in value over the last 2 years($1.5 billion in 2022 alone). The Pats added $2 billion over the last 2 years. The Rams $2.2 billion. Imagine if the Cowboys had won a Super Bowl in those 2 years how much more would they be worth? 

Someone will overpay for the Commanders, once that happens there will be another big adjustment and once the money from the TV deals really start to flow.

To say they would be a top 10 value team is asinine, I just showed the top teams are increasing more in value than they are. Their values aren't just going to sit idle, while Buffalo's increases. $8 billion won't get you in the top 10 once their stadium opens. 

Those top teams have value because they have massive revenue.   They don’t need a SB win for that, obviously.  8 billion will be top 10 4 years from now.  

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

More like "definitely not".    PSE doesn't own the stadium and the value it adds to their asset is negligible.    It's likely just going to be a basic stadium that barely brings them up to standard for the league.    My point is that people are stressing about the cost of this stadium.........and it will most certainly cost over-run..........but long gone are the days when the facility was more expensive than the team it housed.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, babulator said:

Having to have a roommate is weird. When the day is over, you go your way, I'd prefer to go my own way. I can barely tolerate my wife in the room when I'm trying to sleep. Sleep is important, this would be a tough bridge to cross for me.

I wonder who implemented this as a policy and why?  I found it a bit interesting being one of the criticisms/discussion about coaches is they don’t develop rookies soon enough. Maybe they just need there own room. 

7 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

I wonder who implemented this as a policy and why?  I found it a bit interesting being one of the criticisms/discussion about coaches is they don’t develop rookies soon enough. Maybe they just need there own room. 

Trust us enough to draft or sign us and pay us minimally (250+k league minimum?), but need a big brother to sleep in the same room as me?

Tremaine was the Captain of the defense but ya know, he's young so go bunk up with another sweaty, smelly, gassy man. Good times.

12 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I suspect there's another motive here, than saving $$. Help build comraderie, be more likely to talk shop, have one other there to worry about snitching on the other if they think it's a hookers n blow kinda night lol

Are players required to use the rooms given, or can they upgrade If they want, or pay their way out of sharing if they want? I'm guessing no, which brings me back to my first hypothesis

They say comaraderie, but they mean policing. It's an outdated policy and probably should go.

• Eyeroll 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.