Season Tickets going up 12%

spartan19

The Bills have done this before during the ill-fated Toronto series. In years where there was one-fewer home game, they raised the per-ticket price, but what you paid for the package stayed the same from the previous year. Then the following year you package price would go up but the per-ticket price stayed the same.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bills have done this before during the ill-fated Toronto series. In years where there was one-fewer home game, they raised the per-ticket price, but what you paid for the package stayed the same from the previous year. Then the following year you package price would go up but the per-ticket price stayed the same.

Don't forget with 17 games, year to year we will be going back and forth between 8 and 9 regular season home games (ignoring games at neutral sites). So, we'll have 8 regular season home games next year and 8 again the year after. The 2025 season will then have 9 games if we don't have any neutral site games.

One thing I've noticed that seems quite weird is the cost of each individual game ticket from the season ticket package. It wasn't obvious anywhere except if you pull up each game individual ticket from your account. There is a number on it without a dollar sign. For my seats, it was either 75.5 (preseason games), 142 (Vikings, Jets, Dolphins, Patriots), or 164 (Titans, Steelers, Packers, Browns). I wasn't even positive that they were the prices since it would be so easy for all regular season games to have been $153. But, it was confirmed to be the face value when I was credited $164/ticket for the Browns game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Don't forget with 17 games, year to year we will be going back and forth between 8 and 9 regular season home games (ignoring games at neutral sites). So, we'll have 8 regular season home games next year and 8 again the year after. The 2025 season will then have 9 games if we don't have any neutral site games.

One thing I've noticed that seems quite weird is the cost of each individual game ticket from the season ticket package. It wasn't obvious anywhere except if you pull up each game individual ticket from your account. There is a number on it without a dollar sign. For my seats, it was either 75.5 (preseason games), 142 (Vikings, Jets, Dolphins, Patriots), or 164 (Titans, Steelers, Packers, Browns). I wasn't even positive that they were the prices since it would be so easy for all regular season games to have been $153. But, it was confirmed to be the face value when I was credited $164/ticket for the Browns game. 

The Bills employ dynamic pricing for individual game tickets. Some games cost more because of anticipated demand.

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Wow.

That means ticket prices have gone up over 30% over the last 3 seasons. 

and Josh Allen is 300% better than anyone we had prior. Season tix sold out early last year and they no longer allow people east of Syracuse to purchase season tickets. The demand is there. 

Edited by uticaclub
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

and Josh Allen is 300% better than anyone we had prior. Season tix sold out early last year and they no longer allow people east of Syracuse to purchase season tickets. The demand is there. 

With respect to our fans east of Syracuse it is actually good that there is enough market that they can cap seasons to the local region. I 100% get your frustration if you were a fan getting seasons out of the region, but in terms of viability that is a really healthy sign.

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

With respect to our fans east of Syracuse it is actually good that there is enough market that they can cap seasons to the local region. I 100% get your frustration if you were a fan getting seasons out of the region, but in terms of viability that is a really healthy sign.

I agree it's a healthy sign for the franchise and the community.

35 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Gotta make sure you pay for the Pegulas share of the stadium as well as the taxpayers share too. Yachts don't build themselves.

Amen!  Is anyone here stupid enough to think Terry Pegula is going to spend a nickel of his $5 billion net worth on that stadium? 

You folks are! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Gotta make sure you pay for the Pegulas share of the stadium as well as the taxpayers share too. Yachts don't build themselves.

You realize the state's revenue also goes up with price increases, your tickets, parking, concession & merchandise sales aren’t tax fee

They should go up to the point where the wait list is gone and people stop buying them just to resale for a profit.  

How can I take people seriously about prices being too high, when season ticket holders are making a profit on selling the games.  Clearly the season ticket prices aren't high enough.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Amen!  Is anyone here stupid enough to think Terry Pegula is going to spend a nickel of his $5 billion net worth on that stadium? 

You folks are! 

Not me. Any monetary investment from the Pegulas will be minimal. In disclosing the general breakdown of contributing sources to fund the stadium I couldn’t help but notice that included within the Pegulas $350M contribution was revenue from the personal seat licenses. I don’t know what their initial revenue from the PSLs will be, but Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta netted $273M from them. Teams also get to resell any that fans forfeit so it can be a future revenue stream in the event that the team hits hard times and eventually rebounds. 

Edited to add: I understand that this is the cost of having an NFL team. It just sucks and I can see why some cities are happy to not have to deal with a franchise in their city. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

They should go up to the point where the wait list is gone and people stop buying them just to resale for a profit.  

How can I take people seriously about prices being too high, when season ticket holders are making a profit on selling the games.  Clearly the season ticket prices aren't high enough.

Season ticket sales are at a record 63,000, and there is a wait list. Prices are climbing. Everything is unicorns farting rainbows when the Bills are good. I hope demand remains decent when the lean years return.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, spartan19 said:

I just read that seasons are going up an average of 12% next year.  With us losing a game to England that seems to be a lot.  Still amongst the cheapest tickets in the league, but just wait.

1/8 = .125.  They just raised the price by effectively the rate for the Cleveland game this year.  They did the same thing the last time snow pushed a game to Detroit.  I get inflation, etc., and I renewed today.  But it doesn’t mean that I don’t think that it’s . . . a poor look given the crappy weather and other difficult experiences that we’ve endured as STH the last couple of years.  (For example, the BS at the gates in the NE MNF game, the ridiculous amount of snow to walk through into the Miami regular season game that they couldn’t be bothered to arrange to have plowed, freezing our butts off too many times to count, the slow entry through Gate 6 this year against NE, etc.) Basically they just took a game (understandably, under the circumstances) from their best and most loyal customers and kept the cash.  

5 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Anything to milk the little guy out of more money to pay for yachts and country club membership.

Well, Kim did say that they can't afford a new stadium because they had a lifestyle to maintain.  I took her at her word.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

They will be with the new stadium.  As their survey showed, somewhere in the neighborhood of twice as much, some a little more than twice, ... as last season that is.  

Resale values weren't twice face values this past season.  

That's with Josh here.  Will that demand still be there when he's no longer our QB.  (rhetorical question)  

They're supposed to break ground no later than April 1st, which is about 6 weeks from now.  If not presumably that pushes the date for the new stadium opening back a season since the date was already pushed back once.  At this point Allen will be 30 or 31 once it opens.  

5 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

I don’t blame the bills.  Significant number of seats will end up on resale.  Either the bills sell at market price, or the scalpers will.  I’d rather the revenue go to the bills.

But tickets weren't typically selling for twice-plus face-value this past season.  The survey that they put out with the proposed ticket prices were at least twice existing prices, plus PSLs.  Point being, will STHs be able to get what they paid for them on the secondary market?  If this past season was a guide, and I don't think that the Super Bowl hype will ever be as great as it was this past season, then in every likelihood no.  

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You folks are! 

Yes!!  Why should a billionaire pay a penny of his own for a new stadium?!

Let the man earn...

2 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

Just wait until the Bills publish the pricing for the PSLs for the new stadium - that will be fun.

They more or less did with that "survey" that they put out.  It was reported that they did not get a great response.  

You can google the survey, but I just did, and one excerpt about the least expensive seat was this ... 

The least expensive package comes in at around $3000. The cost is for one ticket in the upper level between the 15-yard line and the end zone, is $990 a ticket, and $2100 for the seat license.

There was one article that had all the proposed prices for every section along with the PSLs, I couldn't find it.  I should have saved it.  

That seems to be about what I recall, but if that's the "cheap seats," I think that they're going to lose a lot of "cheap seat" STHs.  At 8 home games that's $124, at 9 home games that's $110, ... for the upper deck corners.  

IIRC the PSLs for the best seats approached $10k, south of that but close to it, again, the PSL alone.  I know that for some people here that's chump change, but are people going to pay that if Allen's no longer the QB and we suck again.  It'd be highly unlikely on us hitting another "Allen" when he's finished.  The upper deck center seats for sure were well over $200 apiece not including the PSLs.  

I do know that they were not getting that much, generally speaking, on the secondary market this season.  I was watching, that's how I got mine.  

IDK, just seems like a lot to me.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  That's how the secondary market works in every single NFL city.  You should look into it.

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Losing a game to New England? Is that the London opponent? 

No, they are doing that in lieu of compensatory picks…, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.