We have a Super Bowl trophy (or two) if Andy Reid was our head coach

Einstein

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Dude… Mahomes was right behind Allen in INT’s this year, and had one of the worst INT’s i’ve ever seen just a month or so ago.

Josh Allen led the league in total TO's and RZ TO's. 

He is not as good of a QB as Patrick.  When he plays his best, he can play just as well as him.  He doesn't play his best nearly as often.  Which is why one of them has 2 MVPs and 2 SB's and one of them does not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

- 72/100 (72%)

- 7 TDs - 0 INTs

- Super Bowl MVP

That’s more than coaching 

Allen could only dream of making such a throw! In all seriousness though, there is great benefit to having so many scripted easy passes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

first play in this clip looks pretty much identical- Allen is good, 15 is better.  

Not even remotely the same in my opinion. Mahomes guy had no defender within 10 yards. And he threw it from the gas to 5 yards. Allen threw the full distance from the gas to the corner of the endzone. And Mahomes wasn’t at the end of a 100 degree game.

A football field is over 50 yards wide. Allen was throwing a nearly 30 yard pass on the play you posted (he was on the far hash).

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I was just replying to someone saying Reid was ran out of town. My comment was essentially “that may be so but he had more success than McD has had so far when they ran him out of town”.

If McDermott continues to lose in the postseason like Andy Reid did, he will eventually get fired and then immediately picked up by another team....just like Reid.

By saying Reid had more success than McDermott after being a continual playoff disappointment is splitting hairs.  Every criticism that Reid got, McDermott is getting now.  I just don't like the "McDermott isn't doing in year 6 what Reid is doing in year 24".  Some people/coaches/players peak faster than others.

McDermott disappointed this year.  Reid did it continually for years and finally got the monkey off his back a few years ago.  Now he got his second one in his 24th season.  He's a great coach that improved from his first stint and also got Patrick Mahomes.

We have Josh Allen.  Allen has outperformed Mahomes in the last 3 meetings, including the playoffs.  We know what we need to fix, lets see if we can fix it.

I'm down on our coaching staff right now but not writing them off.  Right now McDermott and Reid have had similar starts to their careers.  We just hope McDermott gets us over the hump faster.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Reid is the reason Mahomes is MVP. Not saying he isn't great but in the conference game, a back-up QB marched the KC down the field for their longest drive of the year.  To me, that shows what a great system they have in place.

reminiscent of the old Brady Belichick discussion 

it’s both.  Andy coached for 20 years before got a ring. He had some vey good QBs but none this good. 

16 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He is not as good of a QB as Patrick.  When he plays his best, he can play just as well as him.  He doesn't play his best nearly as often.  Which is why one of them has 2 MVPs and 2 SB's and one of them does not.

That’s the bitter pill to swallow in the whole thing It’s a mental thing not physical.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Not even remotely the same in my opinion. Mahomes guy had no defender within 10 yards. And he threw it from the gas to 5 yards. Allen threw the full distance from the gas to the corner of the endzone. And Mahomes wasn’t at the end of a 100 degree game.

A football field is over 50 yards wide. Allen was throwing a nearly 30 yard pass on the play you posted (he was on the far hash).

There's no one within 10 yards of Davis here.

I mean this is pretty easy too.

We have wide open plays too.  You don't become a top 3 scoring offense continually if everything is always difficult.  Splitting hairs again.

Reid is absolutely a better offensive mind right now but lets not be hyperbolic.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bills fans would have ran him out if he didn’t a win a SB after a while. Like Eagles fans did. Like Steelers fans want to do with Tomlin. There is zero patience anymore. 

If Tomlin became available, I would replace McDermott with him in a heartbeat. He has won a Super Bowl and I don't think he has ever had a losing season. Besides Tomlin would build a tough, physical football team unlike the finesse team we have now that can get pushed around by other physical teams. See Jets game winning drive where they started at their own 5 and ran the ball down the Bills throats for a game winning FG as an example.

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bills fans would have ran him out if he didn’t a win a SB after a while. Like Eagles fans did. Like Steelers fans want to do with Tomlin. There is zero patience anymore. 

English EPL soccer teams fire coaches after a couple of months, but 7 years in Buffalo we need to still be patient.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Like (+1) 1

Reid is spectacular in his play design and ability to confuse a defense.  He creates easy initial reads, and safe second reads.  I really think Kelce is not the go to first read on most Chiefs plays (outside of the goal line), but he is a clearly a designed second read where Mahomes knows he can get the ball to most of the time.  It almost forces the defense to acknowledge everyone around their best player without having the ability to hone in on him.

Reid is just a hall of fame coach.  Of course I'd love to have him as the BIlls HC, but that's not how this game works.  McD needs to continue to learn and develop, and I know Sean has a long career as a HC ahead of him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

- 72/100 (72%)

- 7 TDs - 0 INTs

- Super Bowl MVP

That’s more than coaching 

Mahomes is racking up MVPs, championships, and Super Bowl MVPs amidst what is now a dynasty. He's already in the conversation for top 5 QB ever. The need to continue to try and somehow drag him back into a comparison with Allen is pathetic at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

Yeah, they definitely "win by more" with Allen under center.  The Eagles, that is.

Why are you even on this forum? You think Mahomes never makes a mistake? Never throws an interception? You think he plays under the same pressure that Allen does in any given game? Do you understand the dynamics of why Brock Purdy could perform so well as the last person picked in the draft while talent much greater struggles? Keep being a 🤡without a clue it suits you well.

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

Dude… Mahomes was right behind Allen in INT’s this year, and had one of the worst INT’s i’ve ever seen just a month or so ago.

Forget about him, time to put him on block, doesn’t have a clue, most likely a troll from KC anyways.

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

Mahomes is racking up MVPs, championships, and Super Bowl MVPs amidst what is now a dynasty. He's already in the conversation for top 5 QB ever. The need to continue to try and somehow drag him back into a comparison with Allen is pathetic at this point.

The fact a Miami Dolphins fan is still trolling this board at this point in the season is even more pathetic…

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

He’s not as good as Patrick while Allen plays in Dorsey’s system, behind the current OL throwing to our current pass catchers as opposed to playing in Andy Reid’s system, behind KCs OL and throwing to KCs current pass catchers.  

flip flop the two QBs and I think your answer would be different.  Not like we’ll ever find out.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

He’s not as good as Patrick while Allen plays in Dorsey’s system, behind the current OL throwing to our current pass catchers as opposed to playing in Andy Reid’s system, behind KCs OL and throwing to KCs current pass catchers.  

flip flop the two QBs and I think your answer would be different.  Not like we’ll ever find out.  

I'm down to chipping in to pay Daboll to conduct an off-season refresher course for Dorsey and to delete some of the garbage out of the playbook that I never want to see again. 😂

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

No he has some real garbage throws too. He was just behind Allen in INT’s this year and would have been ahead of him if he didn’t have 4 interceptions taken back due to penalty. Mahomes is great, but he did nothing last night that Allen couldn’t.

Mahomes had no fumbles or interceptions in a postseason game.  Josh has done that once in 8 tries.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

On what basis do fans draw this conclusion? Allen is an elite athlete, a good QB, with a handful of incredible games. More often than not, he's wildly inconsistent with accuracy, decision-making, ball security, and composure. Are you also saying guys like Herbert and Prescott could rival Mahomes in Reid's system?? 

Edited by Airseven
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

19 hours ago, chongli said:

But does Mahomes turn it over in the red zone?

Seen you mention this a couple times now. Do you think Allen (or any QB) would be turning it over in the red zone if their coaches are scheming guys open by a country mile?

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Billl said:

Mahomes had no fumbles or interceptions in a postseason game.  Josh has done that once in 8 tries.

He’s had no turnovers in 3 of 8 games.  But you can cherry pick “fumbles” as opposed to discussing the stat that actually matters, fumbles lost.  

so yes, there’s at least a decent chance that he wouldn’t turn the ball over.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Senn you mention this a couple times now. Do you think Allen (or any QB) would be turning it over in the red zone if their coaches are scheming guys open by a country mile?

Thats a good point. No argument from me. [I've only mentioned once, btw, in this thread. Someone else said something similar in a different thread yesterday.]

Edited by chongli
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Airseven said:

On what basis do fans draw this conclusion? Allen is an elite athlete, a good QB, with a handful of incredible games. More often than not, he's wildly inconsistent with accuracy, decision-making, ball security, and composure. Are you also saying guys like Herbert and Prescott could rival Mahomes in Reid's system?? 

On the fact that his stats are similar while playing for a rookie play caller as opposed to a hall of fame play caller.  On the fact that I watched him sit back there with zero pressure for 5-6 seconds vs a team that had 70 sacks.  On the fact that a Mahomes throws wide open TD after wide open TD.  On the fact that they have the greatest tight end ever.  Diggs is good but he’s not Kelce.  

on the fact that those things actually matter when it comes to qb performance.  Believe it or not

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

Allen had the highest QB rating in history prior to the Bengals game. I guess I can pull useful stats for his postseason career too.

But I'm glad that Mahomes throwing for 180 to wide open receivers has you excited. God what I would give to have Andy Reid as our coach

4 minutes ago, chongli said:

Thats a good point. No argument from me. [I've only mentioned once, btw, in this thread. Someone else said something similar in a different thread yesterday.]

Appreciate the clarification 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Einstein said:

Hey im open to admitting im wrong if you’re willing to tell me a play that Mahomes made tonight that Allen can’t.

I saw him throw 2 TD passes to pass catchers with no defender anywhere near them. And run a bit.

There are plays Allen makes every game that Brady never made in his career. So who is better? 

Allen is one is the most physically gifted quarterbacks ever,  so they're aren't many plays other quarterbacks make that he can't. But that doesn't mean he's as good as them. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Einstein said:

The halftime adjustment he made to torment the Philly defense will go down in the history books.

Mahomes doesn’t deserve the MVP award. Reid does. Did you see the last 2 TD passes? How perfectly scripted those were? How wide open he got the pass catcher on BOTH occasions? How Mahomes only had to not screw it up?

You guys can all talk about McD’s regular season success. But I envy the Chiefs playoff and Super Bowl success. They even traded a HOF WR and STILL won the SB the next year.

Eagles o-line dominated. Reid still won. Mahomes got hurt. Reid still won. No excuses for Reid. Just success.

Which Andy Reid as head coach you want?

The one who was head coach in Philadelphia from 1999-2012 with 2 division round losses, 4 conference losses, a superbowl loss, and 2 WC losses for it?

The one who was head coach in KC from 2013-2018 with 2 WC losses, 2 division losses, a conference loss, and a lot of people saying he didn't have what it took to win the big ones?

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Which Andy Reid as head coach you want?

The one who was head coach in Philadelphia from 1999-2012 with 2 division round losses, 4 conference losses, a superbowl loss, and 2 WC losses for it?

This would be an improvement.

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

On what basis do fans draw this conclusion? Allen is an elite athlete, a good QB, with a handful of incredible games. More often than not, he's wildly inconsistent with accuracy, decision-making, ball security, and composure. 

Tell us you don’t watch many Bills games without telling us.

Allen has received MVP votes 2 of the last 3 seasons.

22 hours ago, Einstein said:

True, but more like “can’t get it done in the Super Bowl”. Which is an upgrade over “can’t even make the Super Bowl”.

Sean McDermott just finished year 6 with the Bills. By the end of year 6 in Reid’s head coaching career, he had already coached in a Super Bowl.

He also brought Alex Smith to the AFCCG.

Sweet.

Mike Mularkey brought BLAKE BORTLES to the AFCCG. 

Mike Zimmer brought Case Keenum to the NFCCG.  

Rex Ryan brought Mark Sanchez twice to the AFCCG.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

17 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Andy who got bailed out by an official? 

The guy who got run out of Philly because he can’t win the Big One. 

Maybe we should trade a 2nd and a 4th to KC to make him our new OC. Yeah, that sounds good! Let’s start a thread to make that happen! 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sweet.

Mike Mularkey brought BLAKE BORTLES to the AFCCG. 

Mike Zimmer brought Case Keenum to the NFCCG.  

Rex Ryan brought Mark Sanchez twice to the AFCCG.

Exactly.

Puts into perspective just how disappointing it is that McDermott has only done it once with a talent like Josh Allen when those subpar coaches did it once with subpar QB’s.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.