We have a Super Bowl trophy (or two) if Andy Reid was our head coach

Einstein

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Every extra round is a new accomplishment.

So ultimately, Andy Reid wasn't a playoff disappointment or something?

Here's a fun fact for you.  After that stretch of losing multiple conference championship games and the Super Bowl with the Eagles....Reid went 5-11 in the playoffs including a stretch where they were bounced out in the first round 5 times!

Will you be happy if McDermott does this?  

On 2/12/2023 at 10:48 PM, Einstein said:

The halftime adjustment he made to torment the Philly defense will go down in the history books.

Mahomes doesn’t deserve the MVP award. Reid does. Did you see the last 2 TD passes? How perfectly scripted those were? How wide open he got the pass catcher on BOTH occasions? How Mahomes only had to not screw it up?

You guys can all talk about McD’s regular season success. But I envy the Chiefs playoff and Super Bowl success. They even traded a HOF WR and STILL won the SB the next year.

Eagles o-line dominated. Reid still won. Mahomes got hurt. Reid still won. No excuses for Reid. Just success.

there are football fans and there are people that know football. While I agree with your post in general, your bolded? These dudes said it the best :D 

18 hours ago, Airseven said:

On what basis do fans draw this conclusion? Allen is an elite athlete, a good QB, with a handful of incredible games. More often than not, he's wildly inconsistent with accuracy, decision-making, ball security, and composure. Are you also saying guys like Herbert and Prescott could rival Mahomes in Reid's system?? 

Only a handful of incredible games?  Really? 

"More often then not" - so you're saying that in more then half the games Allen has played in he's been "wildly inconsistent with accuracy, decision-making, ball security, and composure".  Are you talking about his last 3 seasons?  If so this statement is complete BS unsupported by the facts.

18 hours ago, Billl said:

Mahomes had no fumbles or interceptions in a postseason game.  Josh has done that once in 8 tries.

This is wrong.  And can you quit it with the "fumbles" stat please.  It is very misleading to equate a fumble with a turnover if the fumble isn't lost. 

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

there are football fans and there are people that know football. While I agree with your post in general, your bolded? These dudes said it the best :D 

Yeah and Sean Payton(?) said what Manning said was nonsense. PLAYERS aren't making adjustments. But the coaches are.

Players from NE also talked about Belichicks famous halftime adjustments in the locker room.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Yeah and Sean Payton(?) said what Manning said was nonsense. PLAYERS aren't making adjustments. But the coaches are.

So he was in the league how long? he not telling the truth? There are during the game adjustments... sit at the bench, talk to the coaches, make changes... but halftime? nope. he is right its a myth.

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So he was in the league how long? he not telling the truth? There are during the game adjustments... sit at the bench, talk to the coaches, make changes... but halftime? nope. he is right its a myth.

if we accept that it's a myth - then it's a myth for a 12-min halftime that we see in regular season and playoffs.

but for the super bowl, you get a full 30 minutes. that's an eternity. there's time for bathroom, cleat changing, new tape jobs, and for coaches to not only get together but articulate the plan/needed changes in approach to the team. 

regardless, there's always adjustments being made. in a typical game, if the opponent is on a 12-play, 8 minute drive, then your team's offense probably has about 15+ minutes in real time to get together on the sideline and make necessary changes. sideline adjustments are likely better/more impactful than locker room adjustments. 

Edited by beebe

On 2/12/2023 at 8:24 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

That may or may not be true. What is true however is that neither of them are going anywhere this season. So it's kind of a moot point to harp on. Is this going to be the state of the board all year? Posters talking ish and rooting on their failures in hopes that theyll be gone? Feels really toxic around here right now.

No one is rooting for their failure, it's just after 6 years we know this team's blueprint and strategy are, and it's not good enough to win a championship. The division title isnt a given next year and we will never have a QB like Allen again. This is our one shot at a Super Bowl and cap mismangement, terrible drafting and awful gametime decisions will prevent us for realizing our goal. 

Edited by uticaclub

20 minutes ago, beebe said:

if we accept that it's a myth - then it's a myth for a 12-min halftime that we see in regular season and playoffs.

but for the super bowl, you get a full 30 minutes. that's an eternity. there's time for bathroom, cleat changing, new tape jobs, and for coaches to not only get together but articulate the plan/needed changes in approach to the team. 

regardless, there's always adjustments being made. in a typical game, if the opponent is on a 12-play, 8 minute drive, then your team's offense probably has about 15+ minutes in real time to get together on the sideline and make necessary changes. sideline adjustments are likely better/more impactful than locker room adjustments. 

Yep I can see coaching adjustments in a SB halftime. this is a spot on post beebe

48 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Peyton right. Hall Of Fame coaches wrong. Got it.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Well that's your opinion and I can respect that it differs from mine. 

You dislike McDermott so much that you're glorifying Reid's playoff failures.  It's okay to have concerns about McDermott but to say argue positively about Reid failing in Philly is an incredible reach.  

20 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Peyton right. Hall Of Fame coaches wrong. Got it.

Peyton wrong, lying and no way in hell there's any truth to it. 

Sean Payton 100% telling the truth.  Is this what you're saying?

Sean Payton, the HC for a team that had Bounty Gate.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Einstein said:

This would be an improvement.

Your contention wasn't improvement.

Your contention was that we already have a Superbowl trophy or  2 if Andy Reid is our HC

The point is, at the same point in his HC career (and indeed for 20 years into his HC career), Reid had 0 Superbowls.

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Your contention wasn't improvement.

Your contention was that we already have a Superbowl trophy or  2 if Andy Reid is our HC

The point is, at the same point in his HC career (and indeed for 20 years into his HC career), Reid had 0 Superbowls.

You’re right. But he had been in a Super Bowl by now. And my original post was talking about current Reid - im not sure I want to wait 15 more years for McD to learn.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sean Payton, the HC for a team that had Bounty Gate.

No i’m saying that players don’t do adjustments at halftime. They eat oranges like Peyton said. Coaches do the adjustments. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

You’re right. But he had been in a Super Bowl by now. And my original post was talking about current Reid - im not sure I want to wait 15 more years for McD to learn.

No i’m saying that players don’t do adjustments at halftime. They eat oranges like Peyton said. Coaches do the adjustments. 

McD isn’t getting 15 more years to win it with the Bills.  If its 15 years down the road, it won’t be with the Bills if he hasn’t won it.  It will end just like Reid’s time in Philly.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

18 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Peyton wrong, lying and no way in hell there's any truth to it. 

Straight from Andy Reid’s mouth fellas:

“We went in and made the adjustments that we needed to do as coaches and then presented it to the players after they had a chance to use the restroom.” - Andy Reid on Super Bowl halftime adjustments 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

“We went in and made the adjustments that we needed to do as coaches and then presented it to the players after they had a chance to use the restroom.” - Andy Reid on Super Bowl halftime adjustments 

You take things so incredibly black and white.  This is subjective, you've got the opinion of a former player and coach.  But you came back with this reply because you want to show that you were right, Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy are wrong and outright liars because Andy Reid says so.  

This is what Manning is referring too, from his own HC.  They aren't sitting in silence and not talking/thinking about anything game related.  

Tony Dungy says he planned to give the Indianapolis Colts a rousing halftime speech and reveal the adjustments that would carry them over the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game in early 2007.

He never got to deliver the message.

"We're 15 down, everybody's hyped up, and assistant coaches want to talk," Dungy said Wednesday on the "Dan Patrick Show." "You get that all done, and I'm about ready to talk and give them all the adjustments and give them a great speech, and there's a knock on the door and (someone says) we've got 30 seconds till you come out for kickoff."

Dungy did get to deliver some remarks to his team.

Kicker to kicker: Adam Vinatieri's advice for the Cowboys

"So I said, 'Hey, we're playing terrible. If we don't start playing better, we're gonna lose.'"

The Colts trailed the Patriots 21-3 late in the first half, and 21-6 at halftime. Indianapolis rallied to win 38-34 on the way to a Super Bowl victory over the Chicago Bears.

NFL halftimes are 12 minutes (except for the Super Bowl), and that includes walking to and from the field, bathroom needs, equipment adjustments, and perhaps a snack.

"You're not making major adjustments in there," Dungy said.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2023/01/18/tony-dungy-peyton-manning-discuss-halftime-adjustments-in-nfl-games/69820277007/

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/12/2023 at 9:52 PM, Success said:

Eagles fans couldn't wait to run Reid out of town.

Winning a SB requires about a dozen different things to happen perfectly. I think Reid is great - but he needed other things to go well.

This reply could actually reflect some of Bills mafia -  just saying ...

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

But you came back with this reply because you want to show that you were right

That's actually not the way my brain works. I showed Andy Reid's quote so you could see my perspective.

I said Reid made halftime adjustments. You and another poster said those don't happen. Reid said that's absolutely what he did. 

It's okay to say "alright yeah I guess Reid did make halftime adjustments". Not sure why you're fighting this.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

This white washing of Andy Reid is so embarrassing. This guy was always thought of as “good coach, but a choker who can’t win a Super Bowl.”

So reading between the lines here, star players (like Mahomes) are more important than coaching. Sure, luck plays into it too. We saw what happened to NE and Bellichek when Brady left...and promptly picked up another Lombardi trophy with TB.

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

This white washing of Andy Reid is so embarrassing. This guy was always thought of as “good coach, but a choker who can’t win a Super Bowl.”

And then he got an elite QB. We have an elite QB and nothing to show for it. Any gap between Mahomes and Allen is not so great that they should have seen that much more success than us the past few years. Since acquiring an elite QB, Andy Reid has led them to FIVE straight conference championships and THREE Super Bowl appearances with two wins. McDermott got us to one conference championship with three seasons of elite QB play and that was our ceiling.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

So reading between the lines here, star players (like Mahomes) are more important than coaching. Sure, luck plays into it too. We saw what happened to NE and Bellichek when Brady left...and promptly picked up another Lombardi trophy with TB.

Star QB is more important; I think a brilliant coach who is top 2 or 3 in the league is next most valuable thing.

All these teams are loaded with athletic freaks; a lot of it comes down to where you tell them to play and what you tell them to do.

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

Reid had infinitely more success without Mahomes than Belichick has had without Brady.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

this is so funny, I don't even no where to start. 

NVM

I will just thank @Royale with Cheese  << said it best

On 2/12/2023 at 10:48 PM, Einstein said:

The halftime adjustment he made to torment the Philly defense will go down in the history books.

Mahomes doesn’t deserve the MVP award. Reid does. Did you see the last 2 TD passes? How perfectly scripted those were? How wide open he got the pass catcher on BOTH occasions? How Mahomes only had to not screw it up?

You guys can all talk about McD’s regular season success. But I envy the Chiefs playoff and Super Bowl success. They even traded a HOF WR and STILL won the SB the next year.

Eagles o-line dominated. Reid still won. Mahomes got hurt. Reid still won. No excuses for Reid. Just success.

And If my Aunt had Balls she'd be my Uncle. 

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s bizarre that anyone thinks adjustments weren’t made at halftime.  Kansas City called 5 running plays in the first half. They called 6 running plays on the opening drive of the second half alone including the first 3 plays.  That wasn’t an accident.  Andy Reid is pretty open about wanting the ball first in the second half so that he can game plan for the first possession based on what the defense did in the first half.  This isn't even worth debating.

Edited by Billl

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

And then he got an elite QB. We have an elite QB and nothing to show for it. Any gap between Mahomes and Allen is not so great that they should have seen that much more success than us the past few years. Since acquiring an elite QB, Andy Reid has led them to FIVE straight conference championships and THREE Super Bowl appearances with two wins. McDermott got us to one conference championship with three seasons of elite QB play and that was our ceiling.

Okay?

I don't really care.  Andy Reid's rep was a PLAYOFF CHOKER FOR YEARS. Period

5 hours ago, Billl said:

Reid had infinitely more success without Mahomes than Belichick has had without Brady.  

Again, above.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.